It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Church bans interracial couples

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

No worries. I didn't think you were posting as a means of continuing the media perpetuated stereotype of Kentuckians. I was just clearing the air since I know the area (though I am actually from the city and pretty far from that area, I know it is a little more country out there) and know that isn't representative of the majority.

I just naturally replied to the OP I wasn't trying to implicate you at all.
edit on 1-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would like to say amen to your first post in this thread. It's the best post i've seen in a while.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Yep, pritty sad this kind of mentality and ignorance still exists in society, not surprising though:

A small Pike County church has voted not to accept interracial couples as members or let them take part in some worship activities.

The decision has caused sharp reaction and disapproval in the Eastern Kentucky county.

"It's not the spirit of the community in any way, shape or form," Randy Johnson, president of the Pike County Ministerial Association, said of the vote.

The issue came up at the Gulnare Freewill Baptist Church, said Dean Harville, a longtime member who serves as church secretary and clerk.

Read more: www.kentucky.com...

Well considering it's been alittle under 50 years since State and Federal racial segregation and anti-interracial marriage laws were abolished thanks to the ruling of the Supreme court and the Federal government, we still have some time to go before one's skin or racial make up becomes irrelevant in society in general. This kind of mentality is still around, especially in the South. Some folks just want to continue stubbornly living backwards.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

Sounds like you only believe in equality as long as it's on YOUR terms. Sound about right doesn't it.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I'm from Kentucky.. this is not representative of most people here. This place is just seeking attention, I guess they are just trying to pull the racists out of the wood work for a racist congregation. Please don't think this represents Kentucky, just like we don't think the Westboro Church represents Kansas. Actually they came to protest a local highschool in Ky because they had a Gay Straight Alliance club. So Kentuckians aren't generally racist/prejudiced.

I know this GogoVicMorrow, and never suggested any of the such. I'm sure most Kentuckians are none the like, I have no doubt. Thankyou for reasurring me. This is a small group, and frm what I understand, there's even division within the Church.

This kind of mentality is still around, especially in the South

Are you sure SG? Because it sounds like it to me.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I'm in Kentucky and I don't have much to say about this except that it disgusts me. Church is supposed to be about love and acceptance. This church is openly promoting hate. Absolutely disgusting.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I understand all that, but since when should we mistreat or deprive someone based on their IQ (or anything else).
What about the people of the same race with a lower IQ? I learned all of this in psychology, but I don't think it is relevant to a decent, modern society. It just makes you look racist. The point that you missed is that, yes we are aware there are differences, but why should that matter. Even if the differences are more than just physical appearance it shouldn't matter.
Do you not understand that that is a ignorant argument?
edit on 1-12-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

i was prepared to read you the riot act but that video is really bringing up an interesting point:
if there are iq differences, the research needs to continue to find out why. that it's not being allowed to says more about some other agenda, such as fear that lower iq populations will be given more attention and get the basic necessities of life that allows for things like iq development. in other words, it might actually allow those populations to experience an improvement in quality of life as well. i agree with her. she's got a huge point and it's being PC'ed to death.

the rest of your post is meh.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

oh whatever equal oppurtunity went out the window when i was born a white male living in America nice try though.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechniXcality
reply to post by undo

oh whatever equal oppurtunity went out the window when i was born a white male living in America nice try though.

pardon? did you respond to wrong person?
not sure i follow your comment

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by undo

No there is no pardon for you,i didnt respond to the wrong person, your trying to say that perhaps tptb want to hold the black man down and for that matter the "minority". In reality your the most discriminated upon in the west by being born a white male.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by undo

No there is no pardon for you,i didnt respond to the wrong person, your trying to say that perhaps tptb want to hold the black man down and for that matter the "minority". In reality your the most discriminated upon in the west by being born a white male.

oh i'm white female, but this is the point i want to make: the study in that video is about people in africa generally having the lowest iqs in the world. this is due, i'm guessing from her data, quality of life issues, generationally. their brains are not getting adequate nutrition to develop. and it has a negative effect on generations, far removed from africa. so the only reasonable thing to do is find out what exactly is involved in triggering it, and maybe we can address all kinds of iq problems, with more than just one racial group, but within all racial groups.

environment has always been the number one cause of genetic issues. these genetic issues can lead to other things as well, such as learning disabilities of various magnitudes. so clearly, if her group were allowed to continue, they might be able to isolate out what specifically breaks down, genetically, and how to correct it. i'm guessing the answer is pretty easy: feed them decent food, clean water, adequate shelter, and good teachers, and not people over there trying to take advantage of them.

edit on 1-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

look, bleed your heart out all you want. The truth of the matter is mostly minoritys are not stupid, atleast just as stupid as white's. Here in America being white you have less oppurtunity, because of this any person as a minority can take your job based on skin colour and not merrit. So there you have it, the only thing holding anyone down is there selfs, and until we all realize that conflict will exist. Until the government stops catering to manipulation and unjust policys there will be conflict. Regardless i wont date or marry outside of my race thats my contribution to this issue.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

wow
just plain wow ... after reading too many of your posts, i sure do wonder ... do you hold the same opinions of the relationship between Jeremiah Wright and Pres Obama ???

if so, which of these two would you "remove", first ?? the leader or the leader's teacher ??
so, does the word "equal" have any meaning or application in the Constitution for you ??

for one soooo passionate about killing his/her equal, you leave others to wonder how superior you believe you or your beliefs are.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

look, bleed your heart out all you want. The truth of the matter is mostly minoritys are not stupid, atleast just as stupid as white's. Here in America being white you have less oppurtunity, because of this any person as a minority can take your job based on skin colour and not merrit. So there you have it, the only thing holding anyone down is there selfs, and until we all realize that conflict will exist. Until the government stops catering to manipulation and unjust policys there will be conflict. Regardless i wont date or marry outside of my race thats my contribution to this issue.

the video isn't talking about america specifically. it's talking about everybody but it lists african blacks in africa, as having lowest iqs. well you'd have problems too if your mom wasn't able to eat properly. wouldn't be your fault that your mom had you when she couldn't feed you, and it wouldn't be her fault if her mom did the same thing. it's a cascade effect. but nowhere did i mention it was white people trying to keep african blacks in africa, under priviledged. in fact, most of africa is ruled by black people, and it's to their advantage to have cheap labor, so why would they want them to get smart?

everyone is entirely too sensitive about this topic.

edit on 1-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

In the eyes of the law, I really don't see how that is any different than putting two people who hate each other in a room with a gun and saying the first one to shoot the other gets out.

what a horrible example.
in the above, chances are the gun wouldn't even get used.
a "death" would occur resulting from the struggle to gain access to the gun.

this is nothing more than an example of primal instinct deciding a basic resource battle and none of man's laws are or would be involved.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Intresting, so why is it that our government pay reparation to minoritys by stealing white credibilty? As for Africa i agree they are screwed up, most of our "humanitarian" money is stolen by people with guns. Whats your solution? surely not another war right? So what, maybe we should bankrupt our country to fix there problems? Well we have certainly taken that position on our home front so why not as policy world wide?
edit on 1-12-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
These people are not true Christians. They have an inferiority complex. Just racist, poor, uneducated, losers.

US government needs to stop giving this "Church" tax exemption. This is not a church but a racist kkk gathering.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Intresting, so why is it that our government pay reperation to minoritys by stealing white credibilty? As for Africa i agree they are screwed up, most of our "humanitarian" money is stolen by people with guns. Whats your solution? surely no another war right? So what, maybe we should bankrupt our country to fix there problems? Well we have cerntainly taken that position on our home front so why not as policy world wide?

personally, i think it would take a miracle, literally.
i see no other solution. that and perhaps more of our educated blacks could volunteer to go there with the sole intent of increasing the quality of life of the descendants of their heritage.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm not touching this subject matter with a ten foot pole.
Not with someone else's ten foot pole tied to the end of my ten foot pole.
And the vid posted on the first reply.....hell no, i ain't touching that with a pole made from a redwood!!

My father would have a chuckle though.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
Sounds like you only believe in equality as long as it's on YOUR terms. Sound about right doesn't it.

Well yes, I believe there is more to a person than just their racial identity or skin color. I also oppose this idea that goverment, state or federal, can impose laws that infringe upon ones rights merely because of his racial make up. Apparently Misoir begs to differ, and it would appear you do as well.

Now if your a racist, or a bigot, that's fine, nobody is stopping you of your beliefs.

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join