It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Church bans interracial couples

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Both you and Misoir are perfect proof that people still believe that states should have this kind of authority over americans. You both argued that state governments have legitimate authority to force racial segregation on american citizens

No they are arguing that there is nothing in the Constitution which gives the Feds express power to regulate certain stipulations of a private institution, you know like tell a private men's club they have to admit women, or like say an Institution like Skull and Bones to admit women, or oh I don't know force NAACP to admit certain kinds of people or force BET to show certain kinds of films, you know stuff like that....

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
No they are arguing that there is nothing in the Constitution which gives the Feds express power to regulate certain stipulations of a private institution,

Obviously you have not been paying attention to this thread. Misoir and many others here have taken the position that it was not the business of the Federal government to intervene in State matters concerning racial segregation during the 50's and 60's, they oppose the SCOTUS rulings of Brown vs Board of education, Loving vs Virginia. They believe that the States have the right to mandate or force racial segregation in public settings. Please read my OP again, then read the response following, thanks.

you know like tell a private men's club they have to admit women,

Where in this thread did I say that private institutions should not legally be able to discrimminate? Where in the OP did I say this? Please go back, take out a statement of mine, then show me where, thanks.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
Did he say anything about that in the post?

You weren't paying attention now were you?

Originally posted by Misoir
The Feds had no right to tell a state what they could do with their marriage laws. There is not one amendment in the Constitution that says "everyone has a right to marry who they want", so where did the Feds get the power to enforce this 'equality' on the states? They pulled it out of their rear end, per usual

In United States Plessy v. Ferguson the Supreme Court ruled that races were ‘separate but equal’ thus legalizing state segregation.

Most of the members here who have defended Misoirs position have used the excuse that he was only speaking about the rights of private businesses, which was not clearly his first argument. But you agree with his position right? That States should have the legal authority to enforce such laws on American citizens?

Thats right,the difference is that,the multiculturalism im talking about in the present times,is forced,not natural.

As I recall, multiculturalism doesn't require a force of affirmative action, or any mandate of acceptance over different cultures. Your comments were in regards to multiculturalism as a whole, you never clarified that you were just speaking of it in a certain aspect.

Like you said yourself multiculturalism has been happening for a long time,im just talking about preserving culture like everyone else does.

This already happens in multicultural societies, infact the preservation of individual cultures is instrumental to the continued existence of multicultural societies, so I don't understand why you were railing against it initially.

No,i never said any of that.

But tell me,where did white people come from exactly,

White people as in Europeans? They originated from Europe and from there the caucasus, as speculated by biologists, scientists, geneticists. If you're referring to caucasians as a whole, they range from white Europeans all the way to northern Indians. What I do know is that caucasians are not native genetically to the Americas, they are not native to Australia, the did not originate from the sub-saharan african region. Yet, we see plenty of white folks on all sides of the world, my ancestors chose to leave from Europe to settle on lands they were not natives to. Before Europeans arrived, the cultures of the Americas, Australia, Southern Africa, all held homogeneous settlements, human groups. The fact you have been railing against multiculturalism is hypocritical in many instances, considering that your ancestors were instrumental to its very existence today.

new topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join