It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Church bans interracial couples

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by atomicn

thanks for the chuckle ... the kkk IS a tax-exempt organization ... google it.
second line

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
I'm not touching this subject matter with a ten foot pole.
Not with someone else's ten foot pole tied to the end of my ten foot pole.
And the vid posted on the first reply.....hell no, i ain't touching that with a pole made from a redwood!!

My father would have a chuckle though.

Oh come on, what are you wating for?

Jump right in, the water is warm and rancid...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
everybody that can, should watch the video (the whole video, because it's her very last words that really sum it up!) in misoir's first post.

just imagine, the iq problem is directly related to poverty. and the source of the poverty originated in africa, and the genetic disadvantage originated in africa, and any new disadvantages while in other lands, exacerbates that disadvantage. solution is a big BIG humanitarian effort in africa. it would be great. there are solutions, really useful, inexpensive and awesome solutions for most of the underlynig causes.
edit on 2-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

ok, if you really buy such propaganda, please answer these questions ... some 12,000 yrs ago, long before IQ tests existed, how did these ppl survive or make advances that clearly, we have YET to understand today and how does that make them "environmentally" disadvantaged ??

not saying poor nutrition isn't part of the current problem, but something as subjective as IQs, really ??

ppl were sowing the lands long before any formal testing procedures came to light and ppl were oppressed with each new regime and each new technological advance, so, how is that IQ related or dependent for that matter ??

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
here's a gentleman that offers a solution

the people of africa need more people like him.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by undo

ok, if you really buy such propaganda, please answer these questions ... some 12,000 yrs ago, long before IQ tests existed, how did these ppl survive or make advances that clearly, we have YET to understand today and how does that make them "environmentally" disadvantaged ??

not saying poor nutrition isn't part of the current problem, but something as subjective as IQs, really ??

ppl were sowing the lands long before any formal testing procedures came to light and ppl were oppressed with each new regime and each new technological advance, so, how is that IQ related or dependent for that matter ??

oh i agree, iq is subjective, but what she's saying in the video is that learning disabilities are apparent as well. hey, i am no stranger to that. i was on the dean's list and president's list in college but couldn't get the math. i had everything to get my bachelor's except calculus, algebra, and chemistry 1 and 2. (had to have calculus to do the chemistry classes). there'sa part of my brain that simply will not address numbers. lol i consider that a learning disability. it's okay, because i can paint, write, play 3 musical instruments, and have managed to survive gulf war syndrome, breast cancer, chemotherapy and diabetes. lol

ANYway, i don't think it's lack of common sense that's an issue and to me, common sense is much more valuable than IQ, but the issue is, if the system is designed in such a way that you can't progress within it, without meeting certain criteria, (tell me again, why do doctors need to know calculus to calculate prescriptions when they can just use a calculator? hehe) and some populations are struggling with that, and the indication is that it's genetic and has a concentration highest in africa, then what's the difference between africa and say, pennsylvannia or hong kong africans? you got it: quality of life.

i think iq tests are pointless but ya know they need to have a way to gauge whether or not their educational programs do their jobs and thus, tests, tests and more tests. not to mention, iq tests help them isolate out, brainy people for special projects or some such.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
ok, i'm gonna get my pole out here.

As far as racially directed and negative comments are concerned on this particular thread. I would like to state that in our modern society, particulary in the west, there seems to be a rather large gap.

Racisim exist's in abundance. It is usually white anglo saxon people who are determined as the main offfenders.

This is simply not true.

Comedians are a great example of this. As i am clearly avoiding being specific with my viewpoint i will refrain from naming any individual. Simply watch a broad cross section of comedians and get yourself a pen and notepad and set out a grid with the various racial and religious (don't forget sexual orientation) groups marked out and then, as you watch each comedian, put a tick in the box every time they make a joke about a race or religion (or sexual orientation) that differs from the comedians own.

When you are finished, tally up the scores and see which particular group makes the most racially oriented jokes.
The answer might just surprise you.
This will give you a good indication of how prevalent racisim is in our global society

It also will give you an understanding of how certain groups of people are seemingly 'allowed' to be racist while others are not.

If your people have been enslaved or oppressed in the last 100 or so years then you may find that the rules regarding the application of the label 'racist' seem to differ to the rules that dictate the application of this label to other groups. However this rule is not always the same in every part of the world. Take my own country as an example. It was Colonized by the Brittish a few hundred years ago and the Brittish called it 'Terra Nullius' meaning basically 'Empty Land' which implied that there were no Humans living there.
The Humans that were living there are still quite upset about this. Most of the First settlers were a combination of English, Irish and Scottish 'Convicts' who were enslaved and forced to go to this new land.
They found themselves in an interesting position upon arriving as the Non convict anglo-saxons considered them to be inferior to themselves and the 'Convicts' considered the original inhabitants to be inferior to them.
Fast forward 200 or so years and there is a situation where the decendants of the 'Convicts' are regulary called racist if they have a negative viewpoint of the descendants of the original inhabitants, and quite often they are considered Racist even if they do not have a negative opinion, this appears to be based purely on the colour of their skin.
Interestingly enough, the original inhabitants never get accused of being racist despite their viewpoints on anyone.

It truly is an interesting phenomena. One which has caused myself no end of anxiety and temper tantrums let me tell you.

In closing I feel that the term 'Racist' is often used (ironically enough) in a very racist way, with people who are not actually racist, being called racist because of the colour of their skin.

Isn't that just the darndest thing.
Thankyou for reading.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

'Racist' seems to be your favorite word. Could you even define racism?

This says it all about the hypocrisy of the left:

They have no problem claiming blacks have certain superior skills to whites. When it's reversed, however, it's suddenly immoral to claim the white race may have superior skills to blacks.

It's staggering how the large majority of people readily accept the differentiation of temperament and intelligence among breeds of dogs and other species (many even having favorite breeds), yet when it comes to humans, they are terrified of the very notion of any biological difference or preference of one's own race. Why even add a moral dimension to it? It makes zero sense. It's the same scenario as when Galileo was in trouble with the church authorities for claiming the Earth was round rather than flat. He wasn't demonized simply because he was thought to be wrong....it was simply immoral to question authority. Authority in this day and age is the false, destructive ideal of egalitarianism.
edit on 12/2/2011 by Charmed707 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

When people are free to choose who they associate with, the results are not good enough for 'multiculturalists'. Hence the ridiculous, non-stop attempts to end self-segregation in schools, such as 'Mix It Up' day.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

reply to post by undo

... some 12,000 yrs ago, long before IQ tests existed, how did these ppl survive or make advances that clearly, we have YET to understand today and how does that make them "environmentally" disadvantaged ??

ooh i missed this one and it's a good one. and the answer is: the nile. it was a port city, with a coast on mediterranean, and another on the nile. it had an influx of people from all over the world, including europe, the middle east and far east. the egyptians intermarried in royal lines, with the offspring of royals from other lands, in political agreements. so they had the advantages of knowledge from all parts of the world, cultural wealth from all parts of the world, and plenty of water and fertile land to plant in.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

congrats on your accomplishments, as a dyslexic, i completely understand the "limits" imposed on everyone.
i will agree the testing allows the 'authority' to "help them isolate out" certain persons, but i don't agree that's a good thing and it's usually that "some such" phrase that's a real kicker

as for the Drs and calc ... my only answer there is this question ... after a few hundred years, why do they still "practice" ... how long does it really take to be "professional" ??

*humor aside, my faith in physicians doesn't amount to much.
and especially considering, the last one attending to an acute ailment hadn't ever even heard of my condition -- by his own admission (yet it's one which i've struggled with for more than 2 decades now)
these are the ones who scare me the most ... endometriosis isn't exactly a new issue.

as for 'genetic' anomalies, how much consideration has been given to the Monsanto products they're consuming? their crops aren't exactly "organic" shall we say. Monsanto in Africa

i was raised in PA, i can assure you there isn't much difference between the conditions of many of the ppl of that state and the anomaly associated with Africa. IQs included.

and from your last comment ... ppl used to be apprentices, journeyman, tradesman, farmers, shaman, preachers, teachers, builders and contractors long before there were any assessment programs. don't put too much faith in them

edit on 2-12-2011 by Honor93 because: add text

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Look, I am tired of you peddling this absolute crap. I made it perfectly clear that in no way shape or form that I believe government should be interfering in private business based on race: PERIOD. That is what I said; because it was stated in a way that I tried to explain why the Feds were wrong in intervening in the state affairs does not give you the freedom to distort what I had said.

Let me make this perfectly clear because apparently my first three attempts were met with a blank stare. The United States Constitution never said anything about the right to marriage, for anyone anywhere at any time. Thus this issue falls under the 10th amendment:

“The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

This means that the state has the ability to make these decisions and the Feds never were authorized to make any decisions on this specific issue. Now those are the FACTS, this is why the states were even allowed to have these laws in the first place. Does that mean that I, personally, support the state banning of interracial marriage? No, I do not, because that is the private affairs of individuals, a place I do not believe the federal, state, or local governments belong intruding in.

In United States Plessy v. Ferguson the Supreme Court ruled that races were ‘separate but equal’ thus legalizing state segregation. So what the states did during the Jim Crow era was not illegal, they were perfectly within their legal rights as stated by the Supreme Court. Once again, does that mean I personally support state segregation? No, I was stating the FACTS. How did stating facts become equal to me supporting something?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

reply to post by undo

... some 12,000 yrs ago, long before IQ tests existed, how did these ppl survive or make advances that clearly, we have YET to understand today and how does that make them "environmentally" disadvantaged ??

ooh i missed this one and it's a good one. and the answer is: the nile. it was a port city, with a coast on mediterranean, and another on the nile. it had an influx of people from all over the world, including europe, the middle east and far east. the egyptians intermarried in royal lines, with the offspring of royals from other lands, in political agreements. so they had the advantages of knowledge from all parts of the world, cultural wealth from all parts of the world, and plenty of water and fertile land to plant in.

well ok but they had the Mediterranean, the Oceans and all the lands in between ... somehow though, NO TESTS ... they had marvelous adventures, (not so much in today's world), they enjoyed great camaraderie, (due to common interests and goals), they provided an interesting blending of cultures and technological advance, but where's the test and whom decided who are the "less" of their people ??

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's amazing that with one thread I can lose total respect for someone who I previously respected.

But...when someone reveals their racism...that happens.

I'm mixed race...I'll put my intelligence up against anyone...but I'm sure you automatically think I'm inferior already by me revealing that.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

star for that post. agreed. it is NONE of the Feds business, never has been, never should be.
it is the choice of the individual. whether we support that choice is irrelevant, to remove it, is well, unAmerican.

forced multiculturalism is as evil as forced segregation, there's no denying that one.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
*crosses Kentucky off Christmas list

Wow...I really have no words. I'm becoming more and more disheartened by my southern brothers and sisters. Thanks goodness I'm northern bound in the next couple of years.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

it isn't about more or less as far as personal value is concerned, but rather what the cause of the disparity is, and it's found to be most concentrated in places where poverty is the worst, which is africa. africans have been the poorest, least well fed, people on the planet, for a very long time and it has produced generations of people with genetic disadvantages.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
A church is supposed to be a place of spiritual development, not physiological development, nor having anything at all to do with the physical body like race or such things..

Looks like this particular church does not even know or care about it's God given mandate, literally!

This is a huge fail by this church that goes far beyond belief because it is contrary to every single thing that Christ represents.

I think the Church pastor and church council are just "playing church" and don't have a freaking clue about what it is they are supposed to be teaching there.

This is just too sad for words even...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Honor93

it isn't about more or less as far as personal value is concerned, but rather what the cause of the disparity is, and it's found to be most concentrated in places where poverty is the worst, which is africa. africans have been the poorest, least well fed, people on the planet, for a very long time and it has produced generations of people with genetic disadvantages.

Seriously, you need to stop equating africans to African Americans and interacial couples which is what this thread is about. Why do you keep talking about the poor war torn Africans in Africa you sound like the same government officals who take my oppurtunity away because im white. Since you feel so much guilt why dont you go to Africa and try to make a change? Instead of spreading your mock idea's on everyone around you?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
I applaud those enlightened ones here whom are against racism in any form or mealy mouthed excuses used. Those racist groups do have the freedom of expression, selfish and hatefilled as it be, as they have free will, so dont let them bother or rile you. They are a joke in this day and age.

May this minority extinct out eventually, just like the dinosaurs, and do not obstruct mankind's progress and evolution as one race.

A. “. . . love thy neighbor as thyself”
Matt. 19:19:

B. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created EQUAL, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed"

- Thomas Jefferson.1776. Declaration of Independence.

C. "No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges ... of citizens ... nor ... deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny ... the equal protection of the laws."

- 14th Amendment. Bill of RIghts. US Constitution.

Therefore:-

1. What constitutional right did that racist Kentucky small minded group used to curtail the rights of others, other than private property ownership law?

If they had acted out only under private property laws, then they hold no moral authority to disallow a religious union between 2 humans created by our common Creator, despite whatever names this atrocious group and their supporters wished to claim with, and should be re-educated against heresy and acting against the tenets of both religion and secular laws.

It's not an individual's right to belong to any organization he/she chooses or to receive any/all services an organization provides. If allowed to join, then it becomes a privilege. We're not talking about a public or government institution, but a private church.

I'm not in agreement of their decision. Pointing that out before the flamers start throwing.

The great part is, word will spread and pretty soon the church will be down to about 7 parishoners (or however many it was that voted "for"). Folks have the right and privilege to NOT attend services there.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join