It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

You know, I went to visit my brother, sister-n-law and 2 kids in Colorado a few weeks ago and I can tell you they all got home and laptops and cell phones came on. They probably talked for maybe an hour communicated with each other. I packed my bags and told him I did not feel welcome and left. I feel ya on this one.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think events will happen, people will come and people will go.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Your right, i notice it and have been for years. The sad thing is this planet has the money and resources to completely end world poverty and "cure" the environment, but this doesn't happen because of all the greed. I dunno about everyone else but im ready for a mass change.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Revolutionz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
WorldOmeters

You see that?
Over 915,000,000 undernourished people in the world -climbing at a rate of 1 every 5 seconds.
15,000 have died TODAY from hunger. Climbing at a rate of 1 ever 5 seconds.
Over 9,000,000 tons of toxic waste released into the environment this year. climbing at a rate of 1 every 3 seconds.
Over 4,500,000 hectares of forestry lost this year. One every 10 seconds.
845,032,370 people with no safe drinking water....

just to name a few.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks Coco for posting one of my posts related to the TMZ graph and thank you to the other one for mentioning timewave zero!

The truth is that the world is going through a period in which change is more intense, more rapidly experienced than in other times in history.
The inventions of Internet, cellphones and Youtube, twitter, skype, facebook are all some of the most intense thing that sparked change and transformation in humanity. They changed the world faster than every invention that came before.
We are now creating different ways to look at reality and our own interactions are changing.

Not many have access to such technology but the fact that they exist is the point.
Some of you think we are in a better situation compared to world war 1, 2, medieval, crusades, etc. but the reality is that previously in history we didn't have the freaking astounding mass of information that we deal with now.
Think about this: a 13 years old teen with access to Internet can read more information and gain more knowledge that Leonardo da Vinci ever dreamt of.
Everybody of us can know more than the historical geniuses if we search for it with a simple click.
This 13 years old teen may one day become an important man with the capacity to be a step over every genius on earth, thanks to the information gained from life.

Think about this, previously in history, it was like, we were following one or 2 storylines ( storylines= historical events ) now we are following hundreds and thousands of different little to major storylines and the world is increasingly more complicated, more interconnected and more designed than before in history.

The 1950s were lived with the fear of nukes, but what about now? Japan has intoxicated of radiations all the Northern emisphere with unthinkable consequences, and suddenly, on March 12 2011, we have been launched to a level of intensity exponentially higher than the fearful 1950s.
We actually did it.

It is not that we are better situated than the people in medieval age, it is that every little change now brings to enormous consequences, the little things count more now.

Some people call " that feeling " a new age delusion, I prefer thinking that we as a global consciousness group are about to experience the greatest change humans have ever been going through.
The past and the future are influencing the present in a equal way, we define free will the capacity to choose between information from the past and information from the future, both past and future exist and are concrete and without them there would be no present.

It already happened. We launched the rock in the water at some point in the future and it is all riverberating toward us in the present, and is bringing the consequences of some future change.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Yes, I see it too. We are devolving as a race. Everything is getting worse. The social contract is unraveling. More and more I'm running into people who smile and act real and simply lie about everything. People have no sense of obligation to others or to moral values. It's like a snow ball running down hill. It just goes faster and faster. At some point people started questioning everything. Why this, why that. They 'deconstructed' all the norms we took for granted about how society should run. At first it was heady and exhilarating. It felt like freedom. But here is where it leads. Everything is ending. I can feel it. So for the evolutionists who deny God, I just have one question. If evolution is the guiding principal that spurs creation, why is the human race going backwards morally and spiritually? Why are we getting worse and not better? They would deny that we are going backwards. But it's obvious to anyone with eyes to see it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I'm not trying to say anything about the economy or poverty because it isn't related to either of those. There has been both since the dawn of time. The human psyche is the way it is because of one thing: Technology. It is directly proportional o humanity's IQ. We feel so smart with our new inventions these days, but all they've really done is make us dumb. The internet has made us dumb through instant gratification, social media has made us socially retarded, the media speaks for itself - poor dribble. There was a time where we didn't need smart phones, computers, etc. and we were perfectly fine. Our WANTS have become NEEDS.

Think about it for a second. How is any of this really helped us? We should have stopped at land line phones - and that's about it. Everyone is a parasite leeching off of one another through such an inter-connected world. There is no sense of personal community - loyalty and honor are things of the past. We don't own technology, it owns us. What is going on to humans nowadays due to technology is far worse than anything portrayed in the Terminator movies.
edit on 30-11-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

You know, I went to visit my brother, sister-n-law and 2 kids in Colorado a few weeks ago and I can tell you they all got home and laptops and cell phones came on. They probably talked for maybe an hour communicated with each other. I packed my bags and told him I did not feel welcome and left. I feel ya on this one.

Yeah supposedly technology has improved communication around the world. What a joke. It's like the tower of babel. Everybody talking and no communication. I think this technological wave was inspired by the devil. That's just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

Yeah supposedly technology has improved communication around the world. What a joke. It's like the tower of babel. Everybody talking and no communication. I think this technological wave was inspired by the devil. That's just my opinion.

Exactly! I wouldn't go as far as saying it's evil - but it's certainly counter-productive to human beings.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
To insert some positivity here, you all realize that there would be no omelettes without broken eggs, right?

Sucks for the shell, but is the glory of the egg itself.

No phoenix without ashes, folks.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wonder what the old timers where saying when the telephone was in every home! Damn telephone is making it so no one talks face to face anymore. pretty soon no one is going to be writing letters to each other! LOL couldn't help it but it sure seems true!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

yes, we're approaching the end of history as we know it, and what it's the beginning of we cannot say, since whatever it is or will be will be novel or entirely NEW.

but there is and can be no doubt that we will not continue into this future "business as usual" and the "status quo" aint going to cut it, having already proven itself unworkable.

Right now, even as we speak, the "PTB" are working their ASSES off, to bring about a global economic recovery because they live in a state of terror regarding this Eschaton at the end of time and history, because whatever it is, spells the end of their rule and domination, and they want to stay on top.

Mark my words - whoever's been sitting on all the wealth just waiting for the other shoe to drop now sees the writing on the wall and they'll release the money just to hold on to their power base and to keep the existing structure alive.

Their newest weapon, to prevent the masses from reaching the end of suffering and the beginning of a mass awakening or enlightenment will be economic recovery and growth driven by globalization and new technology.

I would suggest we not buy what they're selling however, and continue driving towards the rising tide of increasing civil conscious awareness brought about by coming to the end of unneccessary suffering.

...if any of that made any sense..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I see what you're saying, but like everything else in the world there are many, multiple layers.

Sure, some things have gotten worse. The economy, consumerism, societal brainwashing, political and corporate avarice, etc... but wait! So, so, SO many things have gotten BETTER! More and more people are "waking up" to "the" (of course, the notion of a "one" truth is but a dying paradigm) truth, in all its layers and complexities.

Wisdom and enlightenment come with a cost... the blind man that gains sight for the first time doesn't just see rainbows and kittens. He's also able to see the immensity of the devastation that exists alongside. But that sight is so incredibly precious, because now he can not only truly appreciate the extreme beauty of the world, but become compelled to do something to combat against the overwhelming suffering he now sees. Without becoming shell-shocked by the extreme misery of the world, Siddhartha Gautama Buddha wouldn't have started one of the most (if not the!) philosophical, influential spiritual disciplines that has ever existed!

What's my point? Part of becoming "awakened" means becoming aware of the darkness, but then only holding onto enough of it to propel you into a positive direction... ultimately rejecting its potential to take over your life. My feeling is, yes, there is much negativity around us. We live in extreme times. But alongside the worst of the worst is the best of the best. But you have to make the conscious choice to reject the compulsion toward fatalistic schemas.

While it is important to understand and be aware of the bad/evil/negative, as doing so prevents us from seeking solace underneath the blissful cloud of ignorance, but by singularly focusing on the manifestation of darkness around you, you actually ADD to it! You become, in many ways, what you most despise in the world.

The only remedy to the ills of this world is a simultaneously individual and collectivist process of positive progress and growth. Become empowered by your choice (and it IS a choice!) to promote the healing of the world via altruism, compassion, and love. Become educated, perhaps dedicate yourself to a specific cause/volunteer activity/career that is outwardly-focused. But we definitely shouldn't dwell so much on the evils around us that we become a part of it. Perhaps that's a major root cause of the problems in contemporary times... a negative feedback loop, or self-fulfilling prophecy on a grand scale.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I don't think anything significantly bad will happen, I believe our way of doing things will change for the better.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are trying to put into words here. I have the same thoughts, and I go back and forth from feeling terrified, sad, angry...Mostly I feel anger. I'm angry that so many people just don't see it, or they see it and just don't care. I look around and I'm appalled by the lethargy and the sleepwalking of almost everyone around me.

ATS has become like an oasis for me---surrounded mostly by people who "get it."

And I'm not sure what to do. I try to post snippets of the truth on FB. I send videos about "the truth" to my relatives. I am trying to spread the word, but am I making a dent? I've always been proactive. Not someone who just sits back and lets things happen. But what can I do that will make a difference on a large scale?

And another thing I've notice is that I am delving farther and farther into my own shell. It's hard to make idle chit chat with the sheeples (even those closest to me) when you know what's really going on out there. I just heard someone paid 2 million dollars for a copy of a comic book and I thought..."perfect." That perfectly typifies the masses. Everyone is out there going on about their lives, buying up comic books, drinking their beer, buying their coffees at Starbucks, and hello? The world is going down the tubes.

I know they've been brainwashed. I know they are tired from 60 hour work weeks. I know they are scared on a subconscious level and just protecting themselves.

The problem is.....this knowledge has changed me, and sometimes I feel like I am walking around alone in a sea of a million people.

Thanks for posting.

I get it.

I feel it.

I really do.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

All of those things are temporary defensive walls it seems, from both of your perspectives....you just have to take small but consistent steps in tearing them down, its egotistical to think you can help/change someone or yourself in a day, or to expect an immediate positive response. But consciously doing so on a daily basis will make it go from seeming awkward' to seeming ordinary and with true intention....the stoners are probably friendly and food oriented, the elderly couple can probably sense your random act of cordiality and the dude firing the gun needs to get off of the unnatural chemically manipulating depression drugs, maybe.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I honestly think that humans are coming to a paradox or crossroads.

We can only go so far when the power structures start to collapse.

They need to collapse and it's a natural cycle throughout history. Humans haven't been 'here' before, but we've been here before.

The "End" might be a beginning. I personally feel that collective anger is hitting it's peak. The people that use logic and reason are feeling trapped by ignorance on the lower end, arrogance and greed on the upper ends.

All paradigms are running into each other and being exposed at an almost instantaneous rate. The flow of information is too much now because of the Net. Humans never in known history were exposed to so much info.
It has it's pros and cons.

I think the human 'collective' mind is evolving at we are hitting snags of "old world thinking" and old world style solutions to new problems that don't work.

Mainly we're seeing a split in humanity two or more philosophies are colliding into each other and nobody is in charge.

I told people years ago that if we lose justice, honor, respect, honesty in our cultures we are all going to see an erosion of the conscious mind. We'd better wake up as a whole or we're close to death, and that will most likely come as on huge war to end all wars.

What you're feeling is this 11th Hour paradigm, so are many, I think most are. You can't be "human" and not sense when humanity is in trouble.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
OP...I believe what you're feeling (and others who have replied to you) is a struggle with what some philosophizers have called 'mass mind culture'. I feel it too. It's been created by corporate media, and it's pretty much robbed us of our REAL culture, and replaced it with crap. For God's sake, just look at what's on TV, and that's just one example.
Facing this media controlled 'culture' that's pretty much forced on us, it's no damn wonder people feel like the end is coming.

I read a fantastic book by Morris Berman called "The Twilight of American Culture".
He suggests that the only way to escape this mass mind culture is to live much like the medieval monks, who retreated from conventional society in order to preserve literary and historical treasures. I agree with him.

Here is his introduction to the book:
"If you have finally had it with CNN and Hollywood and John Grisham and New Age 'spirituality,' then pull up a chair, unplug your phone (beeper, TV, fax machine, computer, etc.), and give me a few hours of your time. I promise to do my best not to entertain you."

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Where did you get that graph...white house, fox news, ABC?

There are over 14million people unemployed and its growing on a daily basis so to say the poverty rate is dropping is just insane.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I guess the only real point that I feel is relavent is this: What is 'worse'? Obviously, it needs something to compare it to- so it is relative- and also the instrument to get those two comparative pieces of information which is of course ourselves, so it must also be subjective (in this instance that is).

To me, the world seems very much the same. Grass grows, wind blows, life happens.

I must also raise one point: though you are obviously trying to make this conversation and thought process without any 'agenda based' information I find it hard to believe that you have established your opinion without such things. Would you have a cyclic view of life/ history without the Mayan concepts or recorded history? Would you have a view that things are detereorating in general without media reports? Without such things you could only establish that things were getting worse for yourself or those around you.

This is by absolutely no means an attack or detraction from your post, just a thought on it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join