~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
That is all I worry about is my personal life kids wife so on so forth. This is my spare time to spend with the world of friends and brothers. Which you all are. peace out..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe things are getting worse. Bit by bit every day the world is a less humane place to be.

I am not refering to bombings, or poverty. I am refering to human interaction. Technology has advanced at a rapid pace, and we have become all but slaves to it.

Here's a little example. I was in a meeting the other day and eight of us were all sitting waiting for one more person to arrive. All eight of us sat silent and tapped away on our mobile phones, ipads, or Blackberry's. Total silence.

The very tools that are so supposed to help communication are destroying it at it's most basic level - a conversation.

We are all so busy and wrapped up in our own selves that we have lost the power to truly unite.

Our weakness will be our undoing.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

Yes I agree my brothers come over for Christmas and types more on there phones then talks to anyone very sad very sad indeed. I think we need to go back to growing our own food using our hands to work not our finger tips to talk.peace out..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Here is my perspective.

Things don't get worse, they get better. Sure, Love, Humanity, and existence itself is a great occurrence, and some would even call it a gift. But what happens should never be perceived as negative. You would then be throwing the easiest and most effective way to start changing and creating things. So it's the cease of motivation, not the occurrence of devastating events, that will bring our human lives to an end.
edit on 30-11-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Bicent76

You didn't provide any proof at all that things are getting worse...you just claimed it.
Well here...let me make a baseless claim myself....everything is getting better.
Ok...now who is right???
Back up your claims...or your arguments fail. This is simply your perception...and perception is flawed.

Here are some actual stats on poverty for those who claim things are hunky dory:

Extreme Poverty Is Now At Record Levels - 19 Statistics About The Poor That Will Absolutely Astound
by predator0187
started on 11/7/2011 @ 12:36 AM
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The following are 19 statistics about the poor that will absolutely astound you....

#1 According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the percentage of "very poor" rose in 300 out of the 360 largest metropolitan areas during 2010.

#2 Last year, 2.6 million more Americans descended into poverty. That was the largest increase that we have seen since the U.S. government began keeping statistics on this back in 1959.

#3 It isn't just the ranks of the "very poor" that are rising. The number of those just considered to be "poor" is rapidly increasing as well. Back in the year 2000, 11.3% of all Americans were living in poverty. Today, 15.1% of all Americans are living in poverty.

#4 The poverty rate for children living in the United States increased to 22% in 2010.

#5 There are 314 counties in the United States where at least 30% of the children are facing food insecurity.

#6 In Washington D.C., the "child food insecurity rate" is 32.3%.

#7 More than 20 million U.S. children rely on school meal programs to keep from going hungry.

#8 One out of every six elderly Americans now lives below the federal poverty line.

#9 Today, there are over 45 million Americans on food stamps.

#10 According to the Wall Street Journal, nearly 15 percent of all Americans are now on food stamps.

#11 In 2010, 42 percent of all single mothers in the United States were on food stamps.

#12 The number of Americans on food stamps has increased 74% since 2007.

#13 We are told that the economy is recovering, but the number of Americans on food stamps has grown by another 8 percent over the past year.

#14 Right now, one out of every four American children is on food stamps.

#15 It is being projected that approximately 50 percent of all U.S. children will be on food stamps at some point in their lives before they reach the age of 18.

#16 More than 50 million Americans are now on Medicaid. Back in 1965, only one out of every 50 Americans was on Medicaid. Today, approximately one out of every 6 Americans is on Medicaid.

#17 One out of every six Americans is now enrolled in at least one government anti-poverty program.

#18 The number of Americans that are going to food pantries and soup kitchens has increased by 46% since 2006.

#19 It is estimated that up to half a million children may currently be homeless in the United States.

Sadly, we don't hear much about this on the nightly news, do we?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Thanks, this is the type of post i like to read. Can't believe so many people feel some of the same things as me, my friends and family just don't seem to get it really. Seems evil is winning at the moment, but hopefully things will get better. Glad i found this site.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcord
They are collapsing the system. The time has come to prepare the way for their little god. He has but a short time to rule.

I think he is buried under and antarctic lake in an anomaly and they will release him this summer...
The ice sheet that suddenly covered the lake at some way back historic point is the seal that will be broken at that time. Lake Vostok
edit on 30-11-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Alright here we go.. Each day that passes in our lives in this World we live in right now, is getting worse.... Not talking about personal lives I am talking in a General perspective... This World was in a better position as a WHOLE 2 years ago, I mean as a whole as in everything Human beings are in charge of.. 5 yrs ago we were better off, in 2001, we were better off, in 1980, we were better off... Everything Human, beings are in charge of now, is getting worse and worse and worse each moment that passes.. If you look at history, it does not get better or restart, until this ends...

...I was just wondering if anyone else notices this as well?

edit on 29-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

So true. Im changing myself, and i mean deeply!. It´s like im stopping all processes and ending a lot of things. I really don´t know what will happen next, but somehow i´m just doing it. Perhaps i´m going to die or something

Im with ya!!!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I like how you posted this. Clearly you've been brainwashed as well. Hell, Dec. 21st is only 13 months away. Could that be the END of the problems you speak of?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unworldly
It's true. Humanity has been progressively going to Hell in a handbasket for many years, and it's only continuing to get worse. Human beings today are very frightening creatures--the way they think and the way their minds work is light-years beyond disturbing. With a smile on their face and a twinkle in their eye, people have abandoned any semblence of a soul they ever had, and they've become something that, to me, doesn't even seem human but more robotic. Life has become surreal--almost like a dream--and how scary it is to know I'm not dreaming.

My grown children do not understand what i am asking of them. They give me expensive gifts and never miss a holiday, but I have not had a real conversation with them since they left home.

I tried to explain what love means to me...not gifts but knowing how you are doing and what is happening in your lives. They don't ask and they hate me to tell them anything about daily life. To me this is just plain strange. I always called my Mother every weak because I WANTED to know about her life, her health, anything new and she did the same...:-(

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
simple example: ME=1000 Euro vs Donald Trump=??000000000 dollars !!!!!! just one example explain ALL

trump it is human too(i don`t know for sure) like me, same IQ, etc

We let them enslave us, same on us, that`s it !

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

I know what you are saying. go out and watch people they all look like controlled robots. maybe the world evolved and they forgot to tell us. go out and look, people do not have any emotion anymore.

I saw 2 children about 6 or 7 walking with each other and they too were both on phones not talking to each other. The picture used to be 2 little girls would have been skipping home and laughing...they were not even smiling. I don't see them play anymore.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
I think it's gotten worse! Does anyone even say please or thank you anymore? when is the last time someone even said excuse me, without being snotty about it? the next time someone sneezes, just see if anyone will say bless you to that person. most people now will say "cover your mouth" and look at them like they are carrying the plague! Just try to help out an old person now days. They will curse you and say things like "I'm not helpless!" Not saying this is everyone, but it seems the majority of people unless they are in your little circle of friends or family, just don't give a snip anymore!

Governments do not even try to find solutions to peoples problems. Take this whole OWS stuff. In Vancouver all the radio stations would keep saying over and over again was how the protesters didn't know what they where protesting. Then they would immediately jump on anything that happened in the camp and promote how to get rid of them. One guy had a drug overdose, and all they could do was blame everyone there and get rid of them. another lady died, and again it was how to get rid of them. then it was fire safety. Not once did they promote a show on how to make things better, or run a program on moving them to a better location. It was right from the beginning, "How do we get rid of them, and lets make them sound stupid!" Rather than, "how can we negotiate, make things better, find some solutions!" It's always counter productive.

I remember years back some guy going into the WCB in Edmonton with a gun and threatening workers there. The guy was clearly at the end of his rope, being injured at work and pushed threw a system with no hope or chance at a decent life. Yay sure he could have done things differently, but he was making a stand and a point. What did the WCB do about it. They installed more security features and demonized the guy. The radio did the same thing. No one even asked "what can we do to make sure workers don't fall through the cracks. or why did this happen and lets make it better!" Nope they take the "lets protect our way of ripping people off to no end and rape them some more!"

people camped out at WCB another time on their lawn in protest. What did WCB do later. They planted huge rock gardens so no one could camp them out again!

Even the services you use. Not many years ago your bank treated you like they valued you and wanted to keep you even the utility companies treated you like you were respected and they appreciated your business. You never see this anymore maybe because there is no where to go if you leave because if you follow the chain on giant owns everything! I am very tired of being treated like dirt!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
My only advice is to LEARN and TEACH those around you, soak up as much self sufficient and self/help knowledge before you are forced to rely on big bro. Buy Books not ebooks either, when the grid goes down you want to be able to fact check for such things as herbal remedies, natural food cures, survival techniques, gardening etc. What happens when u cant charge that kindle? exactly.......and build relationships with you neighbors, because as divided as the world has become you would be shockingly surprised at how much they want to create a community with you too, insecurity and fear plays a large role i think when neighbors dont interact positively with one another, but ive found that those walls are easily torn down with a smile and a how are you?

-Foo

Our nearest neighbors on too sides are so stoned they never move they lay in the weeds the yard has become all day and other then breed do nothing...and do not return waves or smiles. One regularly shoots at his family police arrive...and we are not in a bad neighborhood. The other two near are older retired and we smile and wave..they frown.
We tried talking to one walked over to their place and they responded'...just...we are business owners, look reputable and there is no reason other then they must be wary from past experience but they DO NOT want to get to know us.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi

I'm not a very religious person, but this bible quote says it perfectly:
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

I dare you to present that in ancient Hebrew?!

Does greek count?

Luke 6: 42
πῶς δύνασαι λέγειν τῷ ἀδελφῷ σου· ἀδελφέ, ἄφες ἐκβάλω τὸ κάρφος τὸ ἐν τῷ ὀφθαλμῷ σου, αὐτὸς τὴν ἐν τῷ ὀφθαλμῷ σου δοκὸν οὐ βλέπων; ὑποκριτά, ἔκβαλε πρῶτον τὴν δοκὸν ἐκ τοῦ ὀφθαλμοῦ σου, καὶ τότε διαβλέψεις τὸ κάρφος τὸ ἐν τῷ ὀφθαλμῷ τοῦ ἀδελφοῦ σου ἐκβαλεῖν

"How can you say to your brother, 'Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,' when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Genesis 14:4
For twelve years they had been subject to Kedorlaomer, but in the thirteenth year they rebelled

Oooops sorry, I forgot...

Genesis 14:4
שְׁתֵּ֤ים עֶשְׂרֵה֙ שָׁנָ֔ה עָבְד֖וּ אֶת־ כְּדָרְלָעֹ֑מֶר וּשְׁלֹשׁ־ עֶשְׂרֵ֥ה שָׁנָ֖ה מָרָֽדוּ׃

'Both 10 years had served ...Chedorlaomer three 10 year rebelled

אֶת־ = ... = no idea(well, not sure)

Random correlation(probably nothing to it)....
Horoscope Hang-Up: Earth Rotation Changes Zodiac Signs
newsfeed.time.com...

Well, we were ruled by the 12 signs, next thing you know... there's 13, and what do we see? NON-StOp Rebellion. It might not be all that much of a stretch, considering the Astronomy in the biblical texts, as well as the differencing in opinions about what a 'year' is in the bible.

שָׁנִים = years = shanah
But, many times you will see that shanah, when in different contexts can seem to refer to just a length of time, not necessarily specific to a 'solar' year, or any other year that has been denoted by the fall and rise of the sun, and our journey around it.

concordances.org...
"whole age, long, old, yearly
(in plura or (feminine) shanah {shaw-naw'}; from shanah; a year (as a revolution of time) -- + whole age, X long, + old, year(X -ly).
see HEBREW shanah"

Now, it's a 'Revolution of time', well if our calendar and clocks are dictated by our journey around the sun... it would have had a different meaning back then, because the very fact that the Earth traveled around the Sun wouldn't have been common knowledge or even known in the first place.

So then that leaves us with.... well, what the pyramids are addressing... hmmm... Zodiacs and Astrology!

So, it was announcement of the new Zodiac in early Jan..., well according to wiki, the Arab spring started in Dec of 2010
en.wikipedia.org...

I would say, that the rebellion sure did come with the 13th sign, after the rule of the previous 12....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I know that Genesis 14 isn't directly referencing Zodiacs, and todays rebellion, and the fall of so many leaders and countries. Rather, I have always found that there are transcendental qualities to the stories and numbers in the texts, meaning that they can be applied to different contexts and still fit.

Either way, it's interesting... I only brought this up, in a mockery of the OP and not wanting biblical texts, unless they were posted in hebrew and then translated.
And then linking it to noticing a change and what not...

Either way, something is 'in the air', which couldn't have been better expressed by Obama's campaign and 'Change', and now the Arab Spring, which then gave way to OWS...

It's funny that people say, 'something in the water' or 'something in the air', then to think about 'collective' thought or consciousness. After reading and viewing stuff about emotion and water and crystals they form when put together... I wonder if it LITERALLY is 'something in the water' and humiditiy giving rise to 'something in the air'...
Just fruit for thought...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

I'd like to see that chart against the rate of inflation. People might be making more money but that money is buying much less everyday. Or how about a earnings to debt ratio. Anyhow, even if you are right comparing our present to our past is setting the bar rather low isn't it?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I've thought of it being better at times, sometimes it feels like it's getting better. But that feeling has intuition with no facts to back it up.... Almost like things really are getting better as the powers that be grab full control over the mind, converting humanity by fear and such through a network plug, into a machine for a corporate power, like wall -e.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Topics like this always make me think about our ancient ancestors... Our civlization or society as it were has only been around for a very short time in the grand scheme of things. Humanity has been on this planet for a very long time. Some people forget this. It took us roughly 2000 years to get to where we are at right now with, cars, planes, computers, etc.

Now imagine a society that lasted for 10,000 years like so many before us. They could have advanced to the same technological age as us 5 times over. But why didn't that happen? People clame it's because the human brain wasn't advanced enough to acheive such feats way back then. I say thats malarkie. Our ancent ancestors have showed us they had an advanced or evolved brain with the structures they built alone. I'll leave out mathmatics, astronomy, etc to keep this short. The great pyramids were not built by people with under developed brains. Anyone who has seen them in real life will tell you that. Whoever was in charge knew damn well what they were doing.

What i'm getting at here is... WHY? They could have built a society very similar to the one we live in now... But didn't. Did they see the danger that stems from a society like ours thousands of years ahead of time? When I look at the state of this world we live in now I would have to think so... Living in harmony with the world around them is what they did and lasted for thousands of years. Our current society cast away that thinking a long time ago, and look where it got us. Don't see us making it another decade at this rate. People so disconnected from one another they can bairly communicate outside email or text. People who have never felt a real connection to this world around them and nature because they are always plugged in...

We have lost touch with our roots... I'm afraid if we don't change directions here we are doomed. We are so close to the point of no return and just like the OP I can feel us marching ever closer to that abyss...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
You know what? When the inevitable happens, when they have all the money, the people should ditch the dollar for a new currency. Then most of what they own will be worthless. The tables will turn!

HAHA @ pipe dreams

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join