~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

your opening remarks are what i have always wondered about since my 20's.

Did people in Germany recognize the changes in their country in the 30's

leading to war and murder, or were they incrementally ignored or in denial?

It is VERY clear in retrospect that each year before the other was better than now.

The weather changes were the 1st sign of trouble.

Followed by endless wars.

Followed by economic chaos.

Followed by .... tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, now volcanoes.

Folllowed by ... an asteroid impact? A new world currency? A nuclear attack in

the middle east? Followed by civil war here? Everywhere? famine? disease?

The unspeakable conclusion: only a clean slate could lead us out of the slippery slope

down.

Clean government by its dissolution.

Clean currency by its destruction.

etc.

Lets hope we just decay slowly; the alternatives are mind killing.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
Yes, I do believe things are getting worse. Bit by bit every day the world is a less humane place to be.

I am not refering to bombings, or poverty. I am refering to human interaction. Technology has advanced at a rapid pace, and we have become all but slaves to it.

Here's a little example. I was in a meeting the other day and eight of us were all sitting waiting for one more person to arrive. All eight of us sat silent and tapped away on our mobile phones, ipads, or Blackberry's. Total silence.

The very tools that are so supposed to help communication are destroying it at it's most basic level - a conversation.

We are all so busy and wrapped up in our own selves that we have lost the power to truly unite.

Our weakness will be our undoing.

From the movie Contact, 1996.

youtube link to Contact scene

This was predictable even then.
edit on 11/30/2011 by drphilxr because: typo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr

your opening remarks are what i have always wondered about since my 20's.

Did people in Germany recognize the changes in their country in the 30's

leading to war and murder, or were they incrementally ignored or in denial?

It is VERY clear in retrospect that each year before the other was better than now.

The weather changes were the 1st sign of trouble.

Followed by endless wars.

Followed by economic chaos.

Followed by .... tsunamis, hurricanes, tornadoes, now volcanoes.

Folllowed by ... an asteroid impact? A new world currency? A nuclear attack in

the middle east? Followed by civil war here? Everywhere? famine? disease?

The unspeakable conclusion: only a clean slate could lead us out of the slippery slope

down.

Clean government by its dissolution.

Clean currency by its destruction.

etc.

Lets hope we just decay slowly; the alternatives are mind killing.

Welcome to the world of Intuition.. Just wish I understood the language...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If we are 95% water, and the moon affects human and animal behavior, as our galaxy crosses the equator of the universe, could this have an affect on humanity as a whole? Everyone feels it, even the people who ignore the news and know nothing of revelations or hopi or 2012 stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Theirs no denial that something is happening, its all around us. You would be arrogant to deny it.
I cant wake up a single day without something hitting me in the face saying the world is in bad shape and a change is happening. Just listen to the lyrics on music, (not sure what America plays) but in Australia, every second song is saying the change is near, seek truth inside. Being a musician myself i am doing the same, i have this drive inside making me do so.
Our intuition is getting stronger and people are starting to realize and follow the coarse.

Just go outside and you can feel the pain of the planet.

look around you and you will see people running round like headless chooks, no direction.

look at the concern you see on peoples faces that speak no words,
or the attitude of the people who just do not care.

look at the amount of people stepping up to make a change
and the efforts to get it under control.

Be aware of the world wide protests.
And the murder of good leaders.

Their a many, many prophecies that state all these things plus some, and the all coincide with each other. Many people are trying to get the message out and more appear everyday, coincidence? maybe. But i urge you to seek the truth within yourself not from another human, for you hold the truth, because you are the truth. Society has brainwashed us to think otherwise. Its time to be free....

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I see an economic meltdown coming because the bigger the bubble gets the bigger the meltdown. Our economic values are a joke. Most of us rely too heavily on corporations and government to take care of our needs and it's beginning to catch up to us. And we wonder why the top 1% own everything while everyone else is going bankrupt....

That being said, I'm not predicting doom and gloom. I see a value shift occurring where people rely much more on themselves and their neighbors for their basic needs. Using local resources as much as possible is going to be a necessity. Hopefully that will cause people to appreciate their immediate social and physical environment. The elites aren't going to have nearly as much power over people once a value shift occurs. And now people have more tools available to be more self reliant than ever before. That could end up being a beautiful thing...but it could also be a long struggle to get there.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The truth is most of you have no historical perspective. The world is not worse, our lives are not worse. Go back 30 years no internet, no cell, no Facebook no chat. Back forty years and no Cable TV, only three network stations and TBS. TV just started staying on past midnight. Fifty years and there is nightly news and variety shows, good night. Sixty years and you depend on Radio, eighty years it is the local paper. Your grandparents may be small children. One hundred years and you have no highways, few paved roads, no telephone, you get a weekly newspaper and the average American has few teeth at forty and most are dead by sixty. At this point this nation is still well over a Hundred more years older. Life is not worse. You just know more than our brains can handle. We are not advanced enough for our own technology.

Take a breath. Stop acting like scared five year old girls. Geez the youth have no balls.

edit on 30-11-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: Old Age

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
I believe the word you are looking for to describe all of this is entropy.

Another way to describe it is to realize that the opposite of Love is not Hate, it is Apathy.

Whatever "IT" is that's coming....it's the definition of evil. Before it's over, a billion people will die.

What breeds this apathy?

Let me suggest an entire generation or two where 8th place gets a trophy, where there was no incentive to win...to overachieve. Where they don't keep score in children's soccer leagues.

We now have 47% of the people who pay no taxes whatsoever. Virtually 50 million people on food stamps.

And that doesn't even address the Middle East blowing up any day now.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by drphilxr

Originally posted by drphilxr

...only a clean slate could lead us out of the slippery slope

I had a thought seconds before reading your post, and the thought I had seems to me to be an extension of your statement quoted above.

Here it is:

I was reminded of the opening sequence of the film "Blue Velvet", by David Lynch, in which the camera pans from a seemingly happy carefree and color saturated scene of a man happily toiling away in his yard, only to be stung by a bee. As he lays on the ground, apparenly dying from anaphylactic shock. The camera slowly pans down into the soil until it unearths a swarming nest of disgusting bugs.
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

This scene brings to mind the typically unseen uderbelly of life which when brought into focus creates for some a feeling of free-floating dread. As is the case with the world today. As more of the disgusting swarming underbellly of the workings of the world are brought out into the open, the more dreadful, anxious and nauseated we become. Note the Sartre reference.

In the end it will be the revelation of these heretofore hidden and disgusting inner workings that will drive some of us mad. Yet some of us know these things must be dragged into the light of day: we anticipate this. We expect it. Our knowing what is to take place hepls to allieviate the dread, but only somewhat. There still lingers that knawing, anxious anticipation

Rest assured when these things are dragged out into the open they will be wiped away as a slate is wiped clean: the fabled tabula rasa. But the process is indeed an unsettling one. But knowing that just beyond the swarming horde of apathetic dumbed down masses, the blatant perverisity that seems to have infected much of the world, a new day is dawning.

I would liken this to the Biblical separation of "the wheat fom the chaff". We were told these things must come to pass, and to not be afraid. We were told in the end all would be revealed. And the world would be wiped clean.

This is something to look forward to.
Meanwhile, the nausea still insists upon itself...

edit on 11/30/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: Blue Velvet opening scene video

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MissingRonnieR

And you need to realise that the technology you mention has not improved our lives. All you have done is evince your observation skills by telling us what we now have in terms of items to purchase.

Back when there was no internet or mobile phone technology - we managed to talk to one another - we managed to get out and do things together - now we have a society of people just trying to survive.

And calling people five year olds - that nasty comment speaks volumes about you - have you advanced your interpersonal communication skills with all the technology available to you - it appears not. Perhaps you should be reminded that whatever judgements you cast out onto others - should be reserved for yourself.

Ask the people who live in poverty - with little or no food whether the internet has improved their lives?

Much Peace...to all the people who are noticing everything...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't actually believe that the entire world is worse now than it was in the 1600's, 1700's, 1800's ect... The difference now is that bad deeds, evil persons, and scenes of disaster are what sell media in print and viewership. And it is these type of stories which generate the greatest income for advertisers. Therefore they are given frontpage, headline, and breaking news coverage.

Before the mass media instant 24/7 news world was connected together, if someone in one county went on a shooting spree and killed someone, people in another country may not ever even hear of the incident at all. A flood in mainland China would never appear in a French couples conversation over dinner unless they had business interests in importing from or exporting to this specific region. Huge amounts of the worlds population were unable to read or write, and with the majority being subsistance farmers in agrarian societies, they had more important things to do than worry about events 1000's of miles away which had no bearing on their daily lives.

I think that is is our impression of the world, not the world itself which has changed.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
The truth is most of you have no historical perspective. The world is not worse, our lives are not worse. Go back 30 years no internet, no cell, no Facebook no chat. Back forty years and no Cable TV, only three network stations and TBS. TV just started staying on past midnight. Fifty years and there is nightly news and variety shows, good night. Sixty years and you depend on Radio, eighty years it is the local paper. Your grandparents may be small children. One hundred years and you have no highways, few paved roads, no telephone, you get a weekly newspaper and the average American has few teeth at forty and most are dead by sixty. At this point this nation is still well over a Hundred more years older. Life is not worse. You just know more than our brains can handle. We are not advanced enough for our own technology.

Take a breath. Stop acting like scared five year old girls. Geez the youth have no balls.

I am still debating in my own mind if facebook, cable TV and cell phones are really a good thing? They can be in small doses but at the level of use and in some cases abuse..not so much. We don't have REAL conversations anymore..we heard about it on Facebook..or no real voice contact..just a text. I think the question isn't are things getting worse..but are things getting worse on an accelerated basis?

We used to have a few disasters a month..now it seems we have several a day. Pick your poison there are every type from riots to volcano's..I do agree with with one thing you said " You just know more than our brains can handle" indeed..OVERLOAD of information..of course at the speed of light..not saying this is good or bad, it's just more than human beings can handle at times..maybe theirs a pill for that..no I'm sure there is Cheers Coco

edit on 30-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: fix something

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I can not disagree that things are indeed getting bad off. However I think a few things play into our perception of how bad off things really are. We are interconnected with staggering amounts of people across the world that we had not been previously. We have greater access to knowledge of what happens all over the place than we ever did before. Things have always been getting bad, but we simply didn't know the extent of how bad until the past 10 or 15 years. The more and more access we have to the rest of the world's goings on, the more we realize how bad it is getting.

Another thing to consider where we are in the grand scheme of things going bad and the eventual end of things. Looking back into history it does seem as though things progressively get worse until it all breaks down and starts over again. It may seem as if we are at the end, but our perception of the end is biased by our base knowledge of all we have grown up with, taught, experienced, ect.. and what we compare it to. I don't think we are at the end or even all that near the end, but people typically think the end is near much sooner than it ever is. I wonder if we are at a sort of cross roads in our society. Some may believe things can be changed, others think it's a lost cause. I am of the belief that we are at a point that things can still be changed if and only if people can be educated. If people can learn to question everything and not just automatically trust authority figures simply because we are used to doing it. I do my best to teach my four boys to question everything, even me as their mother. They are not taught that doctors, teachers, police, politicians, ect.. are infallible and not to be questioned. I saw in my grandmother's generation, the trust in authority I mean. My Granny trusted without question anyone in a position of authority. Her doctor who's ignorance probably led to an earlier death not only of her but of my grandpa (Papa). To teachers, police, ect.. she believed anything they said without question because that is what they were taught growing up. My own father believes the doctor has his best interest at heart and takes every single drug the doctor pushes on him. Here is where I ad he has never been in worse health than he is now.. go figure. All because of trust, an unquestioning trust. We actively teach our kids the opposite because it is my job to raise an aware, educated, non sheep like adult. If more and more people are educated and realize that these figures of authority are not doing what we put them there to do then we will have more power to change things and thus the end may be pushed out further.

Which is another thought.. is the end a definite immovable point in time somewhere or is this something that through our own actions or inaction can change in either direction?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

You think cable tv, radio, newspapers and concrete foundations make the world a better place???
edit on 30-11-2011 by hoonsince89 because: error

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby

I am still debating in my own mind if facebook, cable TV and cell phones are really a good thing? They can be in small doses but at the level of use and in some cases abuse..not so much. We don't have REAL conversations anymore..we heard about it on Facebook..or no real voice contact..just a text. I think the question isn't are things getting worse..but are things getting worse on an accelerated basis?

We used to have a few disasters a month..now it seems we have several a day. Pick your poison there are every type from riots to volcano's..I do agree with with one thing you said " You just know more than our brains can handle" indeed..OVERLOAD of information..of course at the speed of light..not saying this is good or bad, it's just more than human beings can handle at times..maybe theirs a pill for that..no I'm sure there is Cheers Coco

edit on 30-11-2011 by itscocobaby because: fix something

This is not an issue of youth, I have seen 60 year olds and older being some of the biggest fear mongers around. However they have more to compare it to, they have a calmer, less information ridden society to base their fear upon. To them they know how it used to be and now to see it so different, so much like how society portrayed the 'future' to be that it seems much more like the end than the younger generations could ever imagine because the younger generations have no basis for comparison. Think back to some very old movies and books and how they portrayed the distant future.. some of it isn't so far off from reality. So if the older generations remember that and look at today's society they probably see more of the end in front of them than anyone else.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
It is not the world that is changing, it's us.

We are approaching an awareness that will lead to a brand new paradigm in human society, a realization that will bring all the old institutions, behaviors and concerns to a grinding halt.

Where you have perhaps gone awry, my friend, is focusing on the decay instead of the phoenix rising from those ashes. I work with kids every day, of every stripe and flavor, and I see in them an energy and vitality of spirit that we can all learn from.

They have a direct connection to it, and they are so much more aware and engaged than we were at their age (middle school!).

Have faith my friend, because you may be right that the deconstruction is in progress, but if you are patient and positive, you'll be rewarded.

After all, we could use a change around here, right?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

You just threw out a bunch of technological advancements as your reason for people being better off today.

First off, some parts of our lives may be more convenient because of technology, but that doesn't mean people are happier.

Second, technology only improves people's lives when it's working for them, not someone else. The majority of our technology is working for a few elites through propaganda and production. They dangle tv's and computers at us like scraps for the dog from the table...Not exactly of a free and adventurous life for a lot of people, IMO.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think what most of us are sensing has always been there. Not much to argue about, but i think Mankind, has always been motivated by keeping himself distracted and focused on what he thinks he can control vs what he cannot, man made establishments like capitalism, wars, science, and things man can perform each day to keep him from focusing or sensing the stillness around him. Everything we think we understand, is meaningless, how in the World we have created enslavement in order to survive and kill ourselves each day to purchase even more junk to prevent us from wondering about the how and why we are here, is beyond me.. I guess we were all just born to do whatever we have to do to make money, or make someone else money.. That is our existence?

We are not the center of the universe.. Also if you look closely, we can see how much of a failure mankind is.. Especially when we walk away from our belief systems...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Most every generation has some big life changing event it goes through. What, you thought that stopped happening? Fact is, we are due for another round any time now the way it seems.

What do you think it felt like when Nazi Germany started kicking over countries left and right? Must have just about felt like the end of the world then.

What if you were Japanese and in Nagasaki when the sky lit up with a mushroom cloud? Well #... looks like the SHTF.

What did people feel like with their kids being trained to hide under desks from a nuclear bomb? # sucks, we could die any minute, but got to keep pressing on.

Fact is, we've grown soft. It only seems like the end of the world because we've been living so nicely for the past few decades, we don't really know what it is to suffer. Now, people complain about every #ing little thing there is to complain about, everything from pointless words and slurs to whose hair looks better than whose and everything in between. People are so wrapped up in talking about stupid # that nobody realizes that yes, we have actual problems that need to be dealt with that don't "just go away". Bad and complicated problems everywhere, even in our very nature. People with no hope, no sense of honor, no sense of righteousness. The future is not a choice, it's mandatory.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i think humanity is waking up from a long sleep....we are just pulling our eyelids open and the tree of knowledge of good and evil has grown bigger than we ever could have imagined it could. knowledge of good and evil. we got what we wanted and now we want to give it back but we cant. we suckelled off of the tree for almost 7 thousand years now. 7 days. the last days? no the last day.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Funkydung because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join