Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I notice it within my own family and laugh, I don't own an iPhone or iPod or i...anything, I have a cell phone to make calls and send messages, I have a computer at home to surf the web.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

I really don't much of anything anymore, the more I thought I knew..well it turned out to be meaningless drivel
all one can do is turn off the TV which I did..and look around, be an observer, be a thinker, be thoughtful and try and be a loving and caring person.

Words are meaningless unless they are met with action and by action I do not the self serving aggrandizing type. Is life really nothing more than illusion in someone else's game? example the so called "TPTB" can we as a collective change the illusion to something else? or are we willing to go along to get along?

What if the world decided today that we are going to stop the madness, refuse to fight anyone else's wars put an end to all violence and hate respect one another as divine beings? Divine beings who are in incarnated in this dimension in this particular time to have this experience we now call Planet Earth year 2011. Heading somewhere..we are the change..as another poster in this thread so rightfully pointed out.

If we can do nothing more than visualize the change we hope to achieve as the Human race and do it daily, then we are doing something. All that is missing now..is unity of thought..what do we want to have happen? Humanity MUST agree on this point and I feel this is what we are RUSHING towards..this is the message in my mind..will we choose destruction..or UNITY? Thanks for the reply star to you to for making me think a little more
Cheers Coco

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

And who made this graph?? What is defined poverty is adjusted all the time by TPTB.
They can make the graphs look like they want even if reality is quite different.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Alright, alright.. I see allot of people participated, and most people have the jest of it.. So it seems, allot feels something off, around them based off of what they are being told by the media, or other news/ propaganda source. Speaking this experiment, let November 30, 2011, as a current event day to prove something..

Lets look at whats happening now..

Lets look at the WORLD... money.cnn.com... How many people understand this story..

money.cnn.com...

China, Stimulus

hmm what else..

money.cnn.com...

All of this is suppose to be good positive news I suppose...

If you ask me, the two stories about the World Market, is bad news not good..

And the 3rd story is complete Bullcrap..

Yet if I was numb, and had no sense of where I was I would say, this, ah I see America is coming in to fix the Euro mess in Europe alright! Ah I see China, is doing something to make things cheap again, horay! Ah I see Unemployment is getting lower, and more people are starting to get jobs!! Alright..

I know I cannot communicate to everyone the way I want to with a type writer, nor do I really want to try to get everyone to think what I do, just think..

to this guy, No I am not about to die.. I am not depressed..
Its not a personal feeling.. I live in Paradise literally, and for the most part I am a happy person..

To those who were trying to get me to read some other religion's philosophy, or promoting books, I did not read what you wrote, I wanted people's own thoughts, feelings.. No one on the face of this Earth, can tell me exactly what I am feeling.. Yet it is apparent and has been for a long time, that we are being lied to, and programmed into what we are suppose to feel, and believe.. Here is the thing thou, we are not forced to participate in this system btw, if you do not want to be part of the Westernized Societies on this Earth, you can go somewhere else, try a small tropical island somewhere or whatever...

Even if we were not all part of a Nation, I think this feeling would still be there...

To the guy that gave examples of the Holocaust, the Cold war, etc. etc. The difference is those periods in Human history, has ended.. I also do not think you understand what I was trying to explain, yet its my fault my grammar sucks..

Not to bad thou, we have more then 5 pages, and just a very small amount of trolls..

Thanks for all the good reply's guys..

Its time to move on..

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by valiant

I honestly feel like i'm waiting for something but have no idea what it is, I can't for the life of me sit down and plan for the future, which I do need to be doing right now. I just have this awful niggle that it won't matter anyway if I did, everything just seems so chaotic and I can barely keep up with the pace, even my head seems a mess with too many thoughts.

Exactly how I am now. Couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

It is a virtual world outside played with virtual money to seek virtual power.
This is just the start of it,

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
not really

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SkipperJohn

And when you do not pay your virtual mortgage with that virtual money, you and your family can live on the virtual street in a virtual cardboard box.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I think it's gotten worse! Does anyone even say please or thank you anymore? when is the last time someone even said excuse me, without being snotty about it? the next time someone sneezes, just see if anyone will say bless you to that person. most people now will say "cover your mouth" and look at them like they are carrying the plague! Just try to help out an old person now days. They will curse you and say things like "I'm not helpless!" Not saying this is everyone, but it seems the majority of people unless they are in your little circle of friends or family, just don't give a snip anymore!

Governments do not even try to find solutions to peoples problems. Take this whole OWS stuff. In Vancouver all the radio stations would keep saying over and over again was how the protesters didn't know what they where protesting. Then they would immediately jump on anything that happened in the camp and promote how to get rid of them. One guy had a drug overdose, and all they could do was blame everyone there and get rid of them. another lady died, and again it was how to get rid of them. then it was fire safety. Not once did they promote a show on how to make things better, or run a program on moving them to a better location. It was right from the beginning, "How do we get rid of them, and lets make them sound stupid!" Rather than, "how can we negotiate, make things better, find some solutions!" It's always counter productive.

I remember years back some guy going into the WCB in Edmonton with a gun and threatening workers there. The guy was clearly at the end of his rope, being injured at work and pushed threw a system with no hope or chance at a decent life. Yay sure he could have done things differently, but he was making a stand and a point. What did the WCB do about it. They installed more security features and demonized the guy. The radio did the same thing. No one even asked "what can we do to make sure workers don't fall through the cracks. or why did this happen and lets make it better!" Nope they take the "lets protect our way of ripping people off to no end and rape them some more!"

people camped out at WCB another time on their lawn in protest. What did WCB do later. They planted huge rock gardens so no one could camp them out again!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Well that was hard to read. Anyway.....

Lets say your right. What are you going to do today about it?

Are you going to use the time you seem to have so much of and be usefull today. How about helping in an old folks home today. What about giving $300 of food to a poor family. What about buying some street kids Maccas and find out what they think about and see what you can do to encourage them.

So if it's getting closer to the end, do you fear it? I don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by alfa1

Not talking about violence or statistic but thanks for at least contributing.. I asked for no propaganda either..

Just feelings? Pretty subjective stuff there.
edit on 30-11-2011 by grubblesnert because: I'm pathetic enough to experience a misspelling when only typing 2 sentences!

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
My only advice is to LEARN and TEACH those around you, soak up as much self sufficient and self/help knowledge before you are forced to rely on big bro. Buy Books not ebooks either, when the grid goes down you want to be able to fact check for such things as herbal remedies, natural food cures, survival techniques, gardening etc. What happens when u cant charge that kindle? exactly.......and build relationships with you neighbors, because as divided as the world has become you would be shockingly surprised at how much they want to create a community with you too, insecurity and fear plays a large role i think when neighbors dont interact positively with one another, but ive found that those walls are easily torn down with a smile and a how are you?

-Foo

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I take it you where responding to me? I actually do not have to defend myself to you! I try and do the right thing as often as I can every day. The only one that can judge me is me, or a higher power if there is one. I've bought toys for kids in apartment complexes, not just once a year, but on a monthly bases. I do that for kids because I like kids and the smiles on their faces, even if i don't get to see them, because i do it anonymously! I have fed families many times.

I also have lots of time on my hands because I have made some money. I'm not rich, but I do better than most as I have ZERO debt to anyone. I try to spread truth, not lies. I try to help others, and myself, with knowledge.

What do you do?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

I do not think I can put into words what I am noticing so well...

edit on 29-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

That quote says it all. I believe myself as well as a couple of others have pointed to direct periods in human history where one could say things were worse than they are now (Holocaust, Crusades, Conquistadors, etc.).
I think the problem some of us ATS'ers are having is that you aren't being specific. You have a "feeling" without any sort of logical argument to back it up.

Later, you rebut this by saying "yes, but those periods have ended". Yeah all periods in history end.

For example, if I were to talk to a person working 12 hours a day, six days a week in a steel mill at the beginning of the 20th century, I'm sure he would look at our lives now and say things are much better.

In summary, this “feeling” that so many are claiming to have is what every older generation says to the new one…”In MY day blah blah blah”.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

Firstly, yes, I have noticed the increasing momentum all my life and it's maddening. The quick decline of western civilization. But wait, transhumanists are all excited by singularity, maybe we have not insured future generations hellish societal conditions( if any at all)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
reply to post by daggyz

I take it you where responding to me? I actually do not have to defend myself to you! I try and do the right thing as often as I can every day. The only one that can judge me is me, or a higher power if there is one. I've bought toys for kids in apartment complexes, not just once a year, but on a monthly bases. I do that for kids because I like kids and the smiles on their faces, even if i don't get to see them, because i do it anonymously! I have fed families many times.

I also have lots of time on my hands because I have made some money. I'm not rich, but I do better than most as I have ZERO debt to anyone. I try to spread truth, not lies. I try to help others, and myself, with knowledge.

What do you do?

I didn't ask you to defend anything. I asked if it is near the end what will you do other than worry about it.

So in reading what you wrote, you are putting your thoiughts elsewhere oter than yourself. That is awesome. So why are you thinking dark thoughts about the future? I don't get it.

Me I put all my effort into making sure the next generation that I affect do the best they can by developing good attitudes to life, money and others. I teach them life isn't about them. I also teach them that money is a powerful tool and to earn as much as they can and master it by giving away as much as they can. Money is not evil, holding onto 100% of it is. I give money away every week. Once I gave away 1/2 of all I owned. I'm about to become richer and I think that giving away brings more in. Like a sowing and reaping principle.
I don't fear the future because I know who I am, and where I'm going. There is nothing on earth that can affect me because death holds no fear either.

So I am at a loss as to why you feel as you do/.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I am thinking that the world is going to be going to war. no way around it. If you don't see it then you have your head in the sand. The world is broke and only one way TPTB will get around it is through war.

Thats great that you gave 1/2 of all your wealth away! kudoos to you. I have also done this. I try to be as optimistic as I can, but I am also a realist. The whole world is in chaos. The only things that we can do is try to help out those that we can.

also, to answer your question, I am as prepared as I can be right now. I have 6 months worth of food and seeds for after that. I have hunting gear and camping gear. Other than that, I do not plan on going anywhere unless it's back home to the farm. If I stay then I'll pool together with people in the area. If I go home then I'll pool together with family. Other than that, I try not to think about it to much as anything could happen.

Have a great day!
edit on 30-11-2011 by theclutch because: added after "also"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I see all this going on myself but what I see is our government doing nothing I mean nothing to help us is that strange to you. I mean before they would have made budget cuts to help the problem but now nothing why????? It's almost like they know something and they don't want to bother with it. See my point..We have always fixed the problem at hand until now. And yet we sit here and throw money at other country's why? Are the bird's still flying north for the winter I have not seen any going south yet. That don't mean anything.Also people seem to be different to, look at all the protesting going on. It almost seems like people are changing strange. But things seem wrong like I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I just hope things start getting better really fast or it's a dim future. But anything is possible...peace out..
edit on 30-11-2011 by joecool7734 because: sounds better

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I feel it too, and have for a while.
But I'm not afraid of it, I don't feel it as an end but as a beginning... of something.
Your guess is as good as mine

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
The solution to the problem is to stop worrying about the "general perspective" and start worrying about your "personal life".

If you ever tried to cook dinner for 5 people, you'll know that you won't make everyone happy. What makes us think we can make 7 billion people happy?

I know that my life is better now than 5 years ago, and 5 years before that. People need to start being concerned with and improving their own lives......whatever you do for a living, do it well....go home and enjoy time with your loved ones...be a good father/mother/son/daughter, etc....do the things you enjoy doing.

I'm not a very religious person, but this bible quote says it perfectly:
"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join