~>Does anyone else notice what I am noticing?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I have been discussing the current happenings, where it seems nothing is sacred. Absolutely everything you can think off is increasing in incidence and the number of people involved too, who are waking up to the fact that something big is building.
You don't have to be a rocket scientist to realise this. Everyday my intuition goes more crazy,( I don't believe in coincidence), synchronicity happens more and more, people are waking up, question is have we all left it to late.
I fully expect we are shortly to find out

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Nice topic OP. Often I believe people sense this and think no one else does. So you've already helped.

IMO the things that are fundamentally 'wrong' with our world are not new (oppression/exploitation of people and the planet, and a system built on double standards.) First, there's the problem of resources, or rather the way they’re managed. The accelerated funneling of wealth/resources from the many to the few is the same M.O. as a cancerous tumor. I don't like to label or judge a human being as a tumor, but unlike cancer cells on the tiny scale, we have the ability to notice the damage we're doing to our larger body, the earth.

Secondly, we’re having a cultural identity crisis in many different forms. For example, science seems to clash with spirituality, and technology grows exponentially while spiritual views are made to seem obsolete by comparison. As I mentioned, the roots of these and all cultural clashes are not new. The difference is that lately we're more conscious of these problems as a whole. It is my observation that identity consolidates over time, more or less as follows:

1. Atoms/subatomic particles >>> DNA/cell components (not technically alive)
2. Single cells >>> multicelled life (alive but but not technically self-aware)
3. Self aware being >>> Group Identities (more sophisticated over time based on needs and benefits)
3a. Individual identity ("I am me; I am not you.")
3b. Family identity (often Family A vs. Family B with tragic results)
3c. Tribal/National identity ("I am not a Virginian, but an American" - Patrick Henry)
4. Unity consciousness ("I am you and you are me and we are all together" - The Beatles)

Humanity is currently in the third stage, on the verge of the fourth. But for now, duality is our default mode of perception. As the strain of culture clash becomes compounded by mismanaged resources and environmental pollution/disasters, we will have to choose between empathy (imagining oneself as another and cooperating like cells in a healthy body to survive), or dying in a pile of our own filth.

Consolidation of identity also reconciles scientific and religious perspectives. We adapt physically and socially over time, but based on a rule (self-similarity or scaling identity) that never ever changes. In the next stage, people would assume the role of single cells, giving birth to a new form of consciousness as much more advanced than our present operating system is as we are to pond scum. Such a presence would be rightfully considered supernatural, God- or Christ-like, while not conflicting with any natural laws (except our flimsy standards of common sense.) It is the apocalypse most major religions call for, and it is inevitable.

edit on 1-12-2011 by johnsequitur1221 because: added diagram

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I think you are right ,humanity as a whole are on a downward spiral. I won't go into spirituallity or religion but I believe it is to cause all to make a choice one way or the other Good or Evil and not sit on the fence...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I share your feeling as well. I just guess that the PTB use us as mere pawns in their deadly game of social destruction. They have everything they will ever need and keep wanting more. A little greedy I'd say. Not only that, the whole world seems to be VERY OFF KILTER. Not to mention that our Earth sits on the proverbial fragile edge of a Black Hole. We are stuck in an ever speeding up process of events as we keep getting closer, and closer to the center of oblivion, until we are consumed by gravity. I guess then, we start all over again, but out of what?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by gchrome

I think you are right ,humanity as a whole are on a downward spiral. I won't go into spirituallity or religion but I believe it is to cause all to make a choice one way or the other Good or Evil and not sit on the fence...

I became very spiritual 2 years go out of the blue. And i can say its probably the greatest joy one can experience in a lifetime! The knowledge you gain is priceless. just throwing it out their

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

Originally posted by MarkJS
Good thread.. It is thought provoking. Reminds me of the thread:

Is something new trying to enter our lives?

...similar.
edit on 30/11/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)
edit on 30/11/2011 by MarkJS because: fixed link

I just read the Op of the thread you recommended. He hits the nail on the head, as does the OP of this thread. free-floating dread...

- PS

I don't get out much. I live in Ann Arbor, home of The University of Michigan. Today I borrowed someone's car to run an errand and afterwards I drove to the on-campus building where she works to pick her up and return the car and get a lift home. Now I've lived here for about 20 years and have had the frequent experience (when I used to get out more often) of being on campus and observing the comings and goings of students as they make their way to and from classes. They have a way of walking out into traffic without looking, relying on the all-powerful STUDENT ID to "protect" them from on-coming traffic. The have always been self-absorbed, inattentive, and herd-like. Townies, as we're called (I'm actually a hanger-on, but that's beside the point) are keenly aware of this obliviousness exhibited by the student hordes. Eventually one grows accustomed to it, if not used to it.

But today while driving through campus, and later while parked in a 15 minute pick-up parking spot across from my friend's building, I couldn't help but notice that the aforementioned obliviousness has, in my absence from frequenting the campus area, grown exponentially. If one can imagine gaggles of students wearing blinders that horses wear you will get a pretty clear picture of what I witnessed. It was spooky. The sheer disconnect from anything and everything going on around these "people" sent a chill through me.

I recall an earlier post in this thread that mentioned relatives coming over to someone's house. The poster remarked how they were all glued to their electronic devices. No conversation. Nothing left inside of these people at all is what comes to mind. Like pre-programmed brainwashed husks being blindly led about from one artificial contrivance to the next, completely content to be oblivious to anything that would require the act of independent thought. As if some kind of mind numbing auto pilot had been collectively turned on.

The scariest part is being able to see it in others, while they themselves are completely blind to it. And if one were to try to relate these things to them, one would be marked as a loon, a nutjob who needs to "get with the program".

Something's coming. And when it gets here they won't know what hit them. Or will they even care? Will they even notice?

Like Golem sinking into the fiery lava of Mt. Doom, oblivious to all but his precious, so will be their demise.

And whom shall be left after the filth of this world is washed away?
You?
Me?
I would hope that this is the case, but does our awareness of our situation guarantee our escape? Or will we be dragged down with the rest of the herd, acutely aware of our impending demise?

Perhaps it would be better to join the herd and be oblivious to it all when the clock strikes midnight.
And this last is undoubtedly the most depressing philosophical rumination I can think of.

Is ignorance bliss?
edit on 12/1/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: added "reply to" heading

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Dear OP,

Without a doubt this thread has become the most interesting one I've come across so far in my two years on ATS. Just thought I'd mention that.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Wow, just amazing, look at all of this intelligence!!!!

I am surprised, I never expected such a turn out.

I am going to read all the new threads just as soon as I can relax and get some time to myself,

Thanks guys!!! So glad to see other scholars of life out there...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Brilliant comment. Totally agree. I see it as well, people walking round no interest in anything, they look like drones....
I guess the Illuminati are getting the job done :/

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Hi Everyone..for anyone interested, Member Zagari posted some additional information on the most NOVEL day yet..I thought I would share the info here. This is the Time Wave Zero Thread..For anyone who might want to know you can find this thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...&a ddstar=1&on=12921183#pid12921183

December 3 2011: at 6: 53 pm we go through another resonance of January 18 2011 and than at 10: 56 PM of DECEMBER 3 2011 we have the most novel moment so far in history, and of course, of this year. These hours are GMT. Timewave zero dates are based on Colombian hours. It resonates with the nuclear explosion of Hiroshima in Japan...I'm a little concerned about a possible dramatic consequence if Fukushima China Syndrome situation is real, we may have a nuclear explosion.

OP I think your thread is way cool..thanks for thinking of it..so many responses from people's hearts very very good
Cheers Coco
edit on 1-12-2011 by itscocobaby because: forgot something

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by MarkJS

Originally posted by MarkJS
Good thread.. It is thought provoking. Reminds me of the thread:

Is something new trying to enter our lives?

...similar.
edit on 30/11/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)
edit on 30/11/2011 by MarkJS because: fixed link

I just read the Op of the thread you recommended. He hits the nail on the head, as does the OP of this thread. free-floating dread...

I just read the OP to that thread as well. Very interesting!

I just responded with these two posts, one right after the other as coincidentally there was a fitting song (given what the OP had written in detail) I haven't heard in years come on the television when I had just finished drafting by first post:

Post 1

Great OP only just read it then. Had you not provided the background information regarding the sense you felt and observe in others immediately leading up to the revolution in Eastern Europe in 1989 (and elsewhere in the early 90s) I would not of bothered reading your post.

You say you now have begun sensing something big on the horizon again. Well for the past 20 years I have not felt as strong about something big on the horizon as well, though I take a Christian interpretation of the future. But we can look at some developments including economic deterioration, a Europe in crisis mode, protests around the world, violent uprisings in the Middle East and North Africa, geopolitical and military tensions building between West and East, and similar tensions in the Middle East, war posturing and saber rattling and so on.

So yep, something is building and imo there will be a collapsing economy and major war, followed by implementation of a world government and new world order ( a second world order following WWII).

Post 2

Ha! Guess what song I just heard playing on television when I finished posting?

Something in the Air - Tom Petty

Call out the instigator
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here

And you know it's right
And you know that it's right
We have got to get it together
We have got to get it together now

Run through the fields and houses
Because there's something in the air
We've got to get together sooner or later
Because the revolution's here

That might be your answer there mate!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UKTruth
Yes, I do believe things are getting worse. Bit by bit every day the world is a less humane place to be.

I am not refering to bombings, or poverty. I am refering to human interaction. Technology has advanced at a rapid pace, and we have become all but slaves to it.

Here's a little example. I was in a meeting the other day and eight of us were all sitting waiting for one more person to arrive. All eight of us sat silent and tapped away on our mobile phones, ipads, or Blackberry's. Total silence.

The very tools that are so supposed to help communication are destroying it at it's most basic level - a conversation.

We are all so busy and wrapped up in our own selves that we have lost the power to truly unite.

Our weakness will be our undoing.

In thread Applause...

Not to single out, reply's but this one caught my eye. I think in order to get differant results we have to try differant things, and this, distraction is an excuse to try something differant..
edit on 1-12-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Absolutely.. I would have quoted, but its to big.. Just click on your link to see what I am responding to. Poverty, is a epidemic, in the United States, the state of our health is dismal, more people sick out of shape and unhealthy, than any other time in United states history... Another good post... Another reason I think Obama, care will be a massive failure in so many ways...

For the overly sensitive on the board, I am not bumping or trolling my thread,I am just showing some respect to people that taught me things on my thread...

Just try to ignore it if it bothers you.. I regret if it bothers you..

Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Thank you for adding value, to this thread, your message was not segregated with with PERSONAL or taught dominatonal beleif's

APPLAUSE

Greek is good enough..

Just wanted to keep the fanatical religious trolls out...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JAY1980

I am sorry if I do not respond to every post guys, their is allot of substance in this thread, I am just 10 mins in my thread reading all the great threads, and If I don't write a ada boy,or ada girl, please dont take it personal..

This is also a really good reply... I agree, I think the civs during pre-history may have been more advanced then us at this time, as a matter a fact in the scheme of things we are stupider then our ancestors as a whole for sure in 2011..

If you wanna compare their is no way in hell we could replicate the Egyption Pyramids in 2011. If we can it would be with machines and not us...

thanks for your contribution...

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissingRonnieR
The truth is most of you have no historical perspective. The world is not worse, our lives are not worse. Go back 30 years no internet, no cell, no Facebook no chat. Back forty years and no Cable TV, only three network stations and TBS. TV just started staying on past midnight. Fifty years and there is nightly news and variety shows, good night. Sixty years and you depend on Radio, eighty years it is the local paper. Your grandparents may be small children. One hundred years and you have no highways, few paved roads, no telephone, you get a weekly newspaper and the average American has few teeth at forty and most are dead by sixty. At this point this nation is still well over a Hundred more years older. Life is not worse. You just know more than our brains can handle. We are not advanced enough for our own technology.

Take a breath. Stop acting like scared five year old girls. Geez the youth have no balls.

edit on 30-11-2011 by MissingRonnieR because: Old Age

In a sense Humanity has not gained anything Productive in the past 100 years If anything we have excuses for the weak to exist.. Since this is a tad bit trollish, and a lil to focused I will leave it at that, because their is no way in hell I can change that mind...

Just because we have some technology that makes man, lazier does not mean we are better off...

When people died at 60 a hundred years ago with one tooth, they lived.. They did not die...

If their are miracles you might have learned..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I don't have an elaborate theory but just a personal observation. These last few years have been very difficult in every aspect: finances, health, relationships. But in a way all of these things made me a better and stronger person. I feel less depressed, calmer, and more intuitive.

If life is supposed to be a lesson, this almost has been like a final exam. So I'm wondering if these difficult times are just another test for people.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

History repeats itself, we are at that point again.. Or almost there..

Good reply thank you..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
It is not the world that is changing, it's us.

We are approaching an awareness that will lead to a brand new paradigm in human society, a realization that will bring all the old institutions, behaviors and concerns to a grinding halt.

Where you have perhaps gone awry, my friend, is focusing on the decay instead of the phoenix rising from those ashes. I work with kids every day, of every stripe and flavor, and I see in them an energy and vitality of spirit that we can all learn from.

They have a direct connection to it, and they are so much more aware and engaged than we were at their age (middle school!).

Have faith my friend, because you may be right that the deconstruction is in progress, but if you are patient and positive, you'll be rewarded.

After all, we could use a change around here, right?

Meh this is borderline new age, I am all for people's personal beleif, I just do not think what happens next is some intergalactic enlightenment that will make us as humans some kinda sentinel beings or adam and eve'esk.. History is repeating itself, if anything, I would presume a dark age.. yet I am just being gloom at the moment and am guessing, as some other people have put in my place before, we are not prepared or cannot handle such technology mankind that is, chances are since our principals cannot comprehend the condensation of such complexity in knowledge, we may end up breaking it all up soon enough.. just to punish ourselves with fire once again....

As a matter a fact I think I see that is what happening.. I needed diversity, of ideals in order for me to focus more clearly.. I think more then one person, has caught onto what I have seen..

I think that is where we are headed, even thou it can be stopped, I think it is the stress of the instinct that holds this idea we live in will at one time, overcome the outcome others who are trying to fiend it off yet as we look around we see nothing but decay, and try to resuscitate a life we think we need, our life was founded upon with crowns of gold oxidized with stains of blood from decades ago, now we do not know how to hold the scepter, and we look at the skeletons as if they are a sin to be alive in the first place..

alright thanks for the study folks..I think you guys just help me understand human nature a little better..

edit on 1-12-2011 by Bicent76 because: final..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in this thread!!!

All of you are awesome..

No more kicks bumps or slaps on this thread..

To the Abyss, for this thread..

once again thank you...

I really think each and everyone of you helped me delve deeper into the future...

pulls himself outta the mind of madness.... Staring into the lake of man, waving at mankind..

shivers, I will never say I love you... I see why mankind was banished from paradise now...

to those that stared into my eyes on this thread... I will recognize when I see you.. I would hope we talk about baseball..

no more experiments on ats for me..

I like being ignorant..

new topics
top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join