It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Whether you believe me or not is arbitrary, but I wouldn't have asserted what I did if I had no basis for doing so; spreading suppositive crap is of no interest to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

Is not assuming that there are people who have no ego a supposition ? I know you have allegeded that you know people who claim to have no ego but that doesn't qualify as evidence. It's circumstantial evidence at best, though more like hearsay. You're defending the existence of ego free individuals so the burden of proof is on you. I should of been a lawyer.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I do exist.

So do you.

That's why I love you/me.

Anything else is completely irrational and therefore, insane.

OP don't take this the wrong way, because I'm if you notice, in effect I really just stated the flip side of the same thing.

/Thread completed, with wholeness and integrity.

Best Regards,

NAM

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As far as "I'm" concerned, I can't prove that my own consciousness even exists in the classical subjective sense. It could simply be an emergent property arising from the interactions of various processes of which "I'm" largely unaware. I can't prove I have free volition. I can't prove I'm thinking right now, or that anything I see around me "exists."

When not perceiving information directly, ostensibly it loses coherence anyway, so how can I prove it "exists" without relying on said perception? And since "my" perceptions could be in error or could also simply be illusory emergent properties subjective to the intersection of multiple processes I might not be aware of, I can't truly rely on them at all in my opinion. Evidence and measurement become subject to this as well ultimately.

So as far as "I" know, I'm not even remotely "real." (Though I also could be.) I simply speak in the context that I do exist generally for the purpose of survival (without knowing if that even matters in "reality.")

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
I do exist.

So ....

Best Regards,

NAM
it was in a database
...anyway

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

To all those who claim not to exist, or for whom existence does not exist, may you rest in peace. RIP.

Love,

NAM

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Haha at OP, the universe is a very small thing my strange confused friend. Infinite possibilities from the finite...
edit on 30-11-2011 by Zefflin because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by Zefflin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by AceWombat04

To all those who claim not to exist, or for whom existence does not exist, may you rest in peace. RIP.

Love,

NAM

I did not assert that I do not exist. I stated that as far as "I'm" concerned, I cannot prove that I exist. But in the event that I don't, thank-you for your condolences lol.

edit on 11/30/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
As far as "I'm" concerned, I can't prove that my own consciousness even exists in the classical subjective sense. It could simply be an emergent property arising from the interactions of various processes of which "I'm" largely unaware. I can't prove I have free volition. I can't prove I'm thinking right now, or that anything I see around me "exists."

When not perceiving information directly, ostensibly it loses coherence anyway, so how can I prove it "exists" without relying on said perception? And since "my" perceptions could be in error or .....")

or sudha bodhi ?sud budhi? > means intelligence = refined mind =

PS glossary - Prabha'ta Sam'giita

prabhatasamgiita.net/glossary.php

But (a) will be pronounced when it means givable. But in other cases (a) will not be ...... BUDDHITATTVA: the field of intelligence, ...... elegant, polite, refined, well-behaved, amiable, likable, pleasant, friendly .... SAM'BODHI: (s,b,h) intuition, insight, perfect knowledge of spiritual truth, consciousness, ...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nii900

I do exist.

So ....

Best Regards,

NAM
it was in a database
...anyway

no it's in the mind of a mind of a mind observing a mind observing a mind ad infinitim unto a von Neuman catastrophe!

OR,

a sphere within a sphere, whereby consciousness, not matter is primary, and thus, the free, choosing self (free will) is a mind who's very foundation is a NON-LOCAL holographic phenomenon. I call it simply "an indespensible I-Thou relationship, with the Absolute (consider the word "thou" as not being entirely other than)..

We are therefore, as self consciously aware beings with qualia or the felt experience of being aware of being alive, not unlike the very same source from which we originally sprang AS consciousness, which is not an epiphenomenon of matter, but the very "stuff" of life itself. What a marvel for those with the eyes to see and mind and heart to fathom with..

There ought to be t-shirts which say, simply

"I'm a chip off the old block"

That's who I am. And I thank Jesus and the father who sent him for this understanding and comprehension, that I too might be able to say to God of the very highest "Father!" "Abba" I love you too. It is an opportunity, for an outpuring of an expression of heartfelt gratitude for my very own inclusion in this whole process, and since everything worthwhile is stored up, what better time than now to store up treasure in heaven where neighther thief nor woodworm can destroy? But here's the thing - where our heart is, there ALREADY our treasure is also! It's already in our present moment EXPERIENCE already! What, is there anyone here who wants to argue the other way and say that they are nothing but a "thing" of some sort, just a meaning making machine, without freedom.

So what "false egoic pathetic ignorant self will die" in order for this eternal deathless self to be reborn into eternity, what's the big deal if we're going to die anyway?! Might as well get it over with while still alive, right?

Plunge.

That's me, inviting you to come up from the water of the depths of the unconcious, resurrected into a new life with new possibility, even to the full AND to overflowing!

How did we miss this, as the diamon in the rough? I don't understand, but now that we do, it doesn't matter any more.

"I am the gate."

if this provokes your ire, because you have a contemptous bias for anything even remotely sounding like Christianity, mysticism or gnostic or otherwise, then I say get over yourself and get into yourself, until you either cry or start laughing out loud, or both.

/rant over, with wholeness and integrity.

Kind Regards,

NAM

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I do exist.

So ....

Best Regards,

NAM
it was in a database
...anyway

no it's in the mind of a mind of a mind observing a mind observing a mind ad infinitim unto a von Neuman catastrophe!

OR,

a sphere within a sphere, whereby consciousness, not matter is primary, and thus, the free, choosing self (free will) is a mind who's very foundation is a NON-LOCAL holographic phenomenon. I call it simply "an indespensible I-Thou relationship, with the Absolute (consider the word "thou" as not being entirely other than)..

i would call it (your chip-clock-block) a meme- a bio-wall in the memesis history ..whole? Enzym just

not SELF
its functional thing for a time in -time-space-rime-of the rime-Thyme
with 'p' sumwhere in it 2 ... for the sphere to complete the concept of/for U
now "Here is a grafix representation designed for ease of comprehension."
www.interfaith.org...
www.interfaith.org...
time and space are part of SR =
@primer-ly btw R in cyrillic is written as P

edit on 30-11-2011 by nii900 because: (no reason given)

and ..why should 'self consciously be aware of an enzym ....in ..btw
[
to the [pov where are perspectives why the perspectives got lost ]

...............even if this is just a dream created by some entity or such for the easy-er time

or.. remove the noise of that sphere

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by posthuman

Is not assuming that there are people who have no ego a supposition ? I know you have allegeded that you know people who claim to have no ego but that doesn't qualify as evidence. It's circumstantial evidence at best, though more like hearsay. You're defending the existence of ego free individuals so the burden of proof is on you. I should of been a lawyer.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

Well no, I'm not really making any assumptions as my beliefs are reflective of first hand experience, and while my ego is not permenantly disassembled (that wouldn't be condusive to survival), there are methods - both endogenous and otherwise to experience reality beyond the constraints of your ego. You're rejecting the existence of ego free indivduals with as little or less evidence. We are not in court, the burden of proof is with nobody.

eta: out of interest, what would you consider sufficient proof?
edit on 30-11-2011 by posthuman because: question

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Challenges to determinism don't guarantee free will in my opinion. The universe could be indeterministic but still lack free will in the classical sense. But even that depends on how one defines free will.

It seems possible that free will is an illusion. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Keep in mind that, as in the case of my existence, I have not asserted that free will does not exist. I've only stated that I can't prove to myself that it does.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Keep in mind that, as in the case of my existence, I have not asserted that free will does not exist. I've only stated that I can't prove to myself that it does.

That's pretty funny!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

I do exist.

So ....

Best Regards,

NAM
it was in a database
...anyway

OR,

i would call it (your chip-clock-block) a meme- a bio-wall in the memesis history ..whole? Enzym just

not SELF
its functional thing for a time in -time-space-rime-of the rime-Thyme
with 'p' sumwhere in it 2 ... for the sphere to complete the concept of/for U
now "Here is a grafix representation designed for ease of comprehension."
www.interfaith.org...
www.interfaith.org...
time and space are part of SR =
@primer-ly btw R in cyrillic is written as P

and ..why should 'self consciously be aware of an enzym ....in ..btw
[
to the [pov where are perspectives why the perspectives got lost ]

...............even if this is just a dream created by some entity or such for the easy-er time

or.. remove the noise of that sphere

okaaaayyyy....?

You guys crap me up the lengths to which you'll go!

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

That's pretty funny!

Well I'm glad you're amused. I wish I could be. I find it disturbing personally to be honest. But my skepticism demands that I not accept a thing as truth without proof. Since I can't prove it to my satisfaction, I can't accept it and must remain open to the possibility that free will is an illusion. Just as I must remain open to the possibility that my existence, at least in the form it seems to take subjectively, might also be an illusion.

I was just trying to clarify that I'm not asserting for a fact that free will is an illusion or that I don't exist. I'm just open to the possibility.
edit on 12/1/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MorbiSemper

Maybe I was wrong and said wrong.

Maybe it could be the key of supernatural things to focus on what you can think.

It seems the thinking is from another world.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Hey op just wanted to pop in and explain a little of what maum meditation is. First of all I would like to say that my mother introduced me to this meditation. Maum is the Korean word for mind, and the purpose of the meditation is to change human mind into universe mind. Maum meditation cleanses your mind so that you get universe perception. A very interesting form of meditation that closely relates to thst your explaining in your posts. The more you cleanse (or throw away your human mind) the more enlightened you become until you can become universe mind..

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by arollingstone

If you 'think' i am bluffing that is your belief. If you are tired of would-be new age hipsters spouting off about this sort of stuff, especially the 'awakening' crowd then don't buy it!! I have said nothing about 2012.
You 'think' it is dangerous, it is!!! Dangerous for 'your' mind! It will kill 'your' mind so i wouldn't bother if you want to keep your 'individuality'. You believe it is 'your' forum discussion, you 'think' you can own things like a discussion?
However, if you would like to be free of the mind that is deluded that is confused, the mind that makes life painful and see the truth, which i believe you do otherwise you would not be here, it has to be seen what is 'real' and what is 'not' real.
I am 100% sure of what i write, i am authentic. Please feel free to check out all the other posts i have written, i do not expect you to agree.
To clarify the post you can not understand i have made it clearer for you.

Reality is what is appearing presently.

Nothing is happening now. What this is 'this' reality, it is not a 'thing'. This moment of presence is all there is. Within this moment of presence appearances appear and are seen by presence. The current experience is all there is. What is known is presence and what knows presence is presence.

edit on 1-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
If you look around your room you will say that you see separate 'things', a monitor, a keyboard, walls etc. But really what is seen is an image, one image. As humans we separate the one image that is seen into two 'me' and image. Really there is an image and that is all. We have believed ouselves into existance.
This believed in entity has named itself separate to the image. The entity is never separate from the image because it is happening as one. The image is God. The imagined separate identity is man. Man has been 'man' ufactuered, he is a fabrication.
The thought that says 'me' or 'i' is a thought that grows and separates the image into more and more and more 'things'. The 'things' and 'thoughts' are the same, thinking is imagining that there are things. The world seems to be full of lots of different separate 'things'. The 'things' could be called the content of your experience. There are many 'things' in your experience but only one experience, one image. The one image that is your experience right now is one 'thing' but it is not really a 'thing'.
The 'thing' that is not a 'thing' is this present moment and you combined. You might 'think' you are a 'thing' but really you are occuring, you are happening.
The happening is always occuring presently.
There are no 'things' as such. The human has ability to build a 3d world of 'things' out of this nowness, this nothingness (no thingness).
There is 'this'. Out of the appearance we construct a solid 'real' world (residual image). There is no solid world, even scientists will tell you that they have not found any mass (matter) yet.
The only real thing is now, presence. Can presence be called a thing?

edit on 1-12-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join