It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Originally posted by posthuman
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Without ego, you are no-one's victim, friend.

Namaste.

Find me a genuine no ego person - and i'll show you a liar

Well, Buddha, Jesus... I know one or two people who have dissasembled their ego to a pretty extreme extent who are currently alive also, you wouldn't call liar, trust me (lol).

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Here's a few reasons why i don't really believe we're ready for this whole all is one thing.

You get home and find your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse in bed with the neighbour - do you say oh well they're only having an affair with another version of me ?

You go to your bank and find all your accounts have been cleaned out - do you say oh well another version of me will use the money wisely.

You go shoping and return to find your car stolen, do you say oh well another version of me must of needed a ride.

Without ego - you're everyone's victim.

If everyone understood that "all is one"...

...than your mate wouldn't have slept with your neighbor because they both would understand they are having an affair with themselves. They are hurting themselves in the end.

...whoever cleaned out your accounts would know they are steeling from themselves in the end.

...whoever stole your car would realize he just stole from himself.

If we TRULY understood that "all is one"....

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

The universe is not physical at all, it is in fact a void. There is nothing here, the universe is a giant hologram. You can do an exercise to see it for yourself. Depending on your state of vibration you can actually see you hand and other objects disappear into the void and reappear again. Go into a dimly lit room and look at your hand. Relax your body and keep a relaxed gaze at it. When you see your hand starts getting blurry be aware of it, eventually your hand will turn black and disappear. It will immediately reappear again. You can also do this in broad daylight. I have seen other objects disappear before my eyes and see right through them. Once I saw through my friend's body and saw his rib cage.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Namaste.

Find me a genuine no ego person - and i'll show you a liar

Well, Buddha, Jesus... I know one or two people who have dissasembled their ego to a pretty extreme extent who are currently alive also, you wouldn't call liar, trust me (lol).

Sure ! i always believe what some guy on an internet forum tells me.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

The truth is...

No one will or ever know reality as you perceive it, nor will anyone know mine!

You may think you know but this is a self delusion shared between 7 billion individuals.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance

Here's a few reasons why i don't really believe we're ready for this whole all is one thing.

You get home and find your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse in bed with the neighbour - do you say oh well they're only having an affair with another version of me ?

You go to your bank and find all your accounts have been cleaned out - do you say oh well another version of me will use the money wisely.

You go shoping and return to find your car stolen, do you say oh well another version of me must of needed a ride.

Without ego - you're everyone's victim.

If everyone understood that "all is one"...

...than your mate wouldn't have slept with your neighbor because they both would understand they are having an affair with themselves. They are hurting themselves in the end.

...whoever cleaned out your accounts would know they are steeling from themselves in the end.

...whoever stole your car would realize he just stole from himself.

If we TRULY understood that "all is one"....

You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.
31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

It's just an ideal - yeah the world would be a great place if everyone put others before themselves but take a look around you, are you saying we're anywhere near that idealised state of existence ?
edit on 30-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by krystalrays

That's completely normal. The rods in our eyes somehow don't 'refresh' right if you don't move your eyes for a length of time. It's especially easy to notice in low light conditions.
edit on 30-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Namaste.

Find me a genuine no ego person - and i'll show you a liar. My point being no - ego is a myth, i've never seen it out in the wild

Now there's a truth I recognize! So, what really separates us from God is our ego. Until we can shed the ego and humble ourselves to accept God's will over our own, we will be separated from Him.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The illusion of separation is because of the ego, according to Buddhist teachings. Nothing is everything, and everything is nothing. Indra's net is everything, and nothing is Indra's net. "You" only exist insofar as the universe exists. "You" are not a self-subsisting entity; your existence depends on the entire universe, and you cannot become separate from the universe. If this is too complicated to understand, here is a quote from Thich Nhat Hahn:

www.croftonair.org...

“If you are a poet, you will see clearly that there is a cloud floating in this sheet of paper. Without a cloud, there will be no rain; without rain, the trees cannot grow; and without trees, we cannot make paper. The cloud is essential for the paper to exist. If the cloud is not here, the sheet of paper cannot be here either. So we can say that the cloud and the paper inter-are."

For those who are interested, here is a website describing Indra's Net

www.heartspace.org...

For those who think this is all BS, know that Buddhists have basically been doing psychology for like 2,000 years. Freud doesn't have #$%^ on Buddha.
edit on 30-11-2011 by wagnificent because: correction

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Namaste.

Find me a genuine no ego person - and i'll show you a liar. My point being no - ego is a myth, i've never seen it out in the wild

Now there's a truth I recognize! So, what really separates us from God is our ego. Until we can shed the ego and humble ourselves to accept God's will over our own, we will be separated from Him.

What if it's Gods will for you to have an ego ? Wouldn't it then be a sin to try and get rid of it, if that's even possible. Do you claim to know Gods will ?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

It's just an ideal -

It's a lot more than just an ideal...

yeah the world would be a great place if everyone put others before themselves but take a look around you, are you saying we're anywhere near that idealised state of existence ?

Actually, I'm saying we are so far from that idealized state of existence that is causes a lot of the known evils in this world.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Namaste.

What if it's Gods will for you to have an ego ? Wouldn't it then be a sin to try and get rid of it, if that's even possible. Do you claim to know Gods will ?

Sure, God gave us an ego for a reason. I believe it's mostly for some kind of coping or survival purpose here on earth, but when it gets to the point where it starts separating us from God, we need to step back and humble ourselves to see things the way He does. As for God's will, it's spelled out in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Namaste.

Sure, God gave us an ego for a reason. I believe it's mostly for some kind of coping or survival purpose here on earth, but when it gets to the point where it starts separating us from God, we need to step back and humble ourselves to see things the way He does. As for God's will, it's spelled out in the Bible.

OK, we'd better stop there, you've invoked the Bible card thus rendering your opinion far superior to anything i may have to say on the subject.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

OK, we'd better stop there, you've invoked the Bible card thus rendering your opinion far superior to anything i may have to say on the subject.

You think I'd be hanging on this thread as long as I have if I still wasn't interested in hearing what other people's thoughts and opinions were on the subject? Personally, I'm interested in hearing your opinion.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The joys of Philosophy and an easy 4.0. It's always part of a curriculum of the silver spoons and those who avoid the sciences and math to keep Mom and Dads checks rolling in (or government handouts).

Nothing wrong with it other than kids who don't care about their futures majoring in it to avoid study. The Prof's are all Silver Spooners who retire behind Ivy Covered walls to a life of pontificating and feeling important when they produce nothing of value.

Philosophy is the same idea's presented in different ways, over and over again by people who actually think they are thinking new thoughts. It's the Bubblegum of topics and is chewed over and over until it is stale.

When I feel pain you do not. When I'm cold, you are not. When I work my back to the point I can no longer stand up straight, it does nothing to you. There most certainly is an "I" and each of us have a unique experience shared by nobody else.

If you carry this through to the idea of the good of the whole outweighing the good of the individual, you join the most evil men to walk the earth. When we loose our individual identity there is no longer room for free will and the net product is people like Mao who believe individuals have no value. Dangerous path proven over and over again throughout history. I assure you the victims suffer individually.

Your trite assessment of those who would study philosophy is offensive (and, as all gross ad-hominem generalizations, totally false), and you should be careful because despite your glorious command of language you're showing off some serious ignorance.

I'm simply sharing an opinion and if yours disagrees with mine it does not anger me, so why should my differing view anger you? ATS is a place for debate which is wonderful until people get angry simply because others have different opinions.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

Since you don't exist, can I have all your stuff?

Genius!!!!

Sorry OP, I mean no disrespect but a wonderful argument all the same.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
1) Adi Da - give me your whole self, love me. I am God.

2) Meher Baba - give me just a pinch of yourself, and you will know my love, and become me. I am God.

3) Jesus Christ - I and the father are one. please take a small portion of me, and eat it. I love you totally and unconditionally, and everything I have and am I give freely to you, I withold nothing and require nothing from you. All I ask is that you love others as I love you ie: pay it forward.

this was pretty good if i might say so myself.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

You think I'd be hanging on this thread as long as I have if I still wasn't interested in hearing what other people's thoughts and opinions were on the subject? Personally, I'm interested in hearing your opinion.

Here's what i think on the topic, generally.

It's not ego that's the problem with the world, it's belief, we're all guilty of it ( or so i believe) Some guy believes we don't exist and neither do you, that's belief. The Nazi's believed they were better than everyone else, that's belief. When we start realising we don't have all the answers and at best it's only the best guess then we might make progress as a global society. I do believe we're all one but only in so much as our collective goal is the same - to survive, to progress and hopefully to have some fun while we're doing it while not taking any of the fun, right to life and oportunities from others.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

True. We're all guilty of believing in something, otherwise we wouldn't have an opinion on it. The best we can do is take ALL of the information provided to us and weigh it against each other, combined with our own experiences, to try and come up with an answer that makes the most sense to us.

P.S. We can only hope that everyone is capable of doing this with a sound mind!

edit on 30-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

if it is true then put your money where your mouth is. let me take your money and possesions and absolutely nothing about it .

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join