It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not exist. Neither do you.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

You're just as sarcastic as your name. If you need to be a doctor to get women, you're doing it all wrong, friend. But judging by your sarcasm and blatant disregard for facts, it might just help in your case.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The joys of Philosophy and an easy 4.0. It's always part of a curriculum of the silver spoons and those who avoid the sciences and math to keep Mom and Dads checks rolling in (or government handouts).

Nothing wrong with it other than kids who don't care about their futures majoring in it to avoid study. The Prof's are all Silver Spooners who retire behind Ivy Covered walls to a life of pontificating and feeling important when they produce nothing of value.

Philosophy is the same idea's presented in different ways, over and over again by people who actually think they are thinking new thoughts. It's the Bubblegum of topics and is chewed over and over until it is stale.

When I feel pain you do not. When I'm cold, you are not. When I work my back to the point I can no longer stand up straight, it does nothing to you. There most certainly is an "I" and each of us have a unique experience shared by nobody else.

If you carry this through to the idea of the good of the whole outweighing the good of the individual, you join the most evil men to walk the earth. When we loose our individual identity there is no longer room for free will and the net product is people like Mao who believe individuals have no value. Dangerous path proven over and over again throughout history. I assure you the victims suffer individually.

Your trite assessment of those who would study philosophy is offensive (and, as all gross ad-hominem generalizations, totally false), and you should be careful because despite your glorious command of language you're showing off some serious ignorance.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Also physics, mathematics and astronomy grew out of philosophy.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Its true. There is no ME and there is no YOU. There is no COMPUTER that I am typing THIS on right now, and I am not even typing IT.

All of these are just concepts used to define a separation. We are crafting an illusion with these concepts. Illusions deter you from seeing the truth of reality as it is.

There is only the UNIverse. There is no separation from that. Oneness.

The truth is freedom. The truth is divine. Jesus said, "I am the truth." He didn't say, "I know the truth." He didn't say, "I have the truth." or "I heard the truth.". He said, "I am the truth." The truth is what we all are as one.

We cannot define God, the truth. All we can know is that it is what we are.

Conceptualization is the path to unlightenment.

There is no me. There is only universe.
edit on 29-11-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

ETA: The point of this thread is only to encourage the realization that the concept of "you" is a misidentification that perpetuates the illusion of separation. There is no you. There is only the universe.

What you have called, "you" all your life was really an misidentification that perpetuated the illusion of separation. The proper identification is that of unity. What is is what is and is what you are.

Since you don't exist, can I have all your stuff?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Exsisto

Actually I found his post to be right on. Spend less time attacking the easy target and spend more time looking at the meat of what he's saying. When you finally get it, you should probably feel embarassed.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

When I feel pain you do not. When I'm cold, you are not. When I work my back to the point I can no longer stand up straight, it does nothing to you. There most certainly is an "I" and each of us have a unique experience shared by nobody else.

Just because "you" think "you" have "your own" experiences and perspective, it doesn't make you separate from the whole.

Just because my front left tire on my truck experiences a different terrain than the front right tire of my truck, doesn't mean they are not both part of the truck.

If you carry this through to the idea of the good of the whole outweighing the good of the individual, you join the most evil men to walk the earth. When we loose our individual identity there is no longer room for free will and the net product is people like Mao who believe individuals have no value. Dangerous path proven over and over again throughout history. I assure you the victims suffer individually.

Nobody is saying that "you" don't exist, or "you" have no value. I don't see where you got that idea. We are saying the concept of "you", the idea of "you", is an illusion. "Your" experiences are the universe's experiences.

In the philosophical truth that all is One, ALL "individuals" have value because ALL are a part of One body, and the growth, prosperity, and well being of ALL translates to the growth, prosperity and well being of the whole.
edit on 30-11-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exsisto

Originally posted by Deetermined

No, I do not believe God is Universal from the standpoint that we will all become ONE with him just by believing there is a God. What purpose would there be for Jesus to die on the cross if he wasn't the only true way to God? You do know what the Bible says about WHY Jesus was sent to earth, don't you?

I believe that we're all connected from the standpoint that we were all created by God and God wants us all to know the truth. He will approach everyone in the Spirit to point them in the direction of the truth. However, the truth will not be found by all, because they will reject it.

You're obviously confused. You say we're all connected and come from God, yet you maintain a strict sense of separation. There is no such thing as this separation. That's what Jesus preached.

I'm sorry you're confused. It's really very simple. There is never a separation from God. There cannot be a separation from God. This fearsome judgment you speak of is an internalized notion or belief that has been drilled into you by a Church that wants to control you at a soulular level. It's the same Patriarchal Church that crucified Jesus for preaching otherwise. And Jesus died on the cross, he did so because he was preaching about God in very personal terms. God exists with Him, as God exists within you. At all times.

By rejecting this message, which is exactly what you're doing, you forsake the very God you claim to believe in. It makes absolutely no sense.

Jesus' prayer for his disciples: (John 17)

13) “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them. 14) I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. 15) My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. 16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. 17) Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18) As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19) For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified."

Jesus' prayer for all believers: (John 17)

20) “My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21) that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22) I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one— 23) I in them and you in me—so that they may be brought to complete unity. Then the world will know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me."

Even Jesus knew that there would only be complete unity if everyone believed in him.

You gave the explanation for why man crucified Jesus, but you never stated why God said he sent Jesus in the first place. Jesus told his disciples why God sent him. If you believe in Jesus or God, how could you not know what that message was?

edit on 30-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by K1771gnorance

News Flash; It's not "new age".

This knowledge has been around for 1000's of years. It has been accepted by many different religions in different forms. It has even been accepted by many non-religious people as being self evident.

Science is only helping further prove this knowledge by examining and proving the details.

WHAT is not new age? This is my point. The guy who I responded to didn't say ANYTHING. Not that he didn't say anything I agree with, he literally didn't say anything. Nobody has made clear yet what world/universe view they are trying to paint.

I just said, obviously we are all just a part of the universal whole. But when you take it to different levels like 'we are all able to tap into infinite possibility and harness it' it gets out of line.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NiNjABackflip

Natural philosophy*

Pretty obvious TheLegend was trolling btw, lol.

@Blaine91###

Philosophy is the same idea's presented in different ways, over and over again by people who actually think they are thinking new thoughts.

I'd have to say philosophy starts with thinking but the climax is the realization of some profound truth. Everyone can discover a different truth, so it's ok if many people throughout time have asked "why are we here?" because they're not all likely the same answers + it helps the individual grow.

E.g. let me tell you what God is. God is not anthropomorphic. God is a universal energy which permeates all of existence since the "big bang" and expresses its consciousness through reforming inanimate matter into DNA.

I gave you a thought to think about, but it's not a realization. Let me lead you down a path of discovery however. I will show you experiments on how collective conscious can effect matter, I will show you inanimate matter forming basic DNA, I will show you there's 235 known identical species on the North and South poles or how some space dust has the same spectrographic readings as bacteria (implying life is universal) and so much more. You then have a realization, an epiphany, that it's all true. That indescribable feeling is the crowning moment of a philosophical pursuit.

Lol, very true. It would be dangerous to have the mentality that we're all one and the same, beyond a philosophical viewpoint.

edit on 30-11-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Even Jesus knew that there would only be complete unity if everyone believed in him.

Yes because it's hard to be united when you don't know you are.

Everyone is united already. Some people just don't know it. If you believe what Jesus says, and you listen to Him, understand and accept what He has said, you will come to know that you are united, then you will reach complete unity. Then you can benefit from that knowledge, and enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

edit on 30-11-2011 by K1771gnorance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I changed my mind. Since you don't exist, your stuff doesn't exist, and so I don't want it.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by banishedfromthisarea

I changed my mind. Since you don't exist, your stuff doesn't exist, and so I don't want it.
Watch this, dude, and then tell me that you don't exist, that God doesn't exist or that animals don't have souls. www.rense.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by banishedfromthisarea

He didn't really say that he didn't exist. He said the concept of "him", as an individual, is an illusion because that individual is not separate from the universe, but is a part of the universe. He is the Universe, so therefore all that exists is the universe itself.

He can't give you all his "stuff" because technically that "stuff" is a part of the universe, which he too is also a part of, which you are a part of as well. All that "stuff" is already yours because you are that "stuff". That makes it hard for him (the universe) to give his stuff (the universe) to you (the universe).

Since this world is still overrun by this illusion of separation, I doubt he will just give you that which continues the illusion anyway.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If everything is just an illusion, and the illusion is all we know, then it's real. That doesn't actually make it real. Is anybody here even able to think that every single thing in all of existence is happening right now. We are insignificant and we could all be dead in five seconds. This planet is tiny, but exists in a utopia of the galactic scene. Millions of other planets had the chance to be just like ours, but they were perhaps just too close, or too far from their parent star. Perhaps they didn't have a neighboring gas giant to protect them from meteors. We're only important as we make ourselves out to be.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by krystalrays

You do not know me. I know me...and what I believe and don't believe. My belief system works for me...I am content with what I believe...and...I am not going to try and persuade people into believing what I believe...nor try to shove my beliefs down their throats.

I respect everyone's right to believe as they so choose.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac
If everything is just an illusion, and the illusion is all we know, then it's real. That doesn't actually make it real.

That which created the illusion is real, but the illusion itself is just that, an illusion.

Is anybody here even able to think that every single thing in all of existence is happening right now.

Where exactly is all these things? Where are they happening? Where is existence? In a box? In a sphere? In a mind? If it indeed is happening inside something, what is that something inside of? Is there anything outside of that? If there is something outside of that, then is there something outside of that?

We are insignificant and we could all be dead in five seconds.

How do you know you are insignificant? Because you perceive yourself as being small? Does that mean entities that exist which are smaller than you are insignificant?

So the bacteria that lives inside your digestive system, that is insignificant? Your skin cells die, are they insignificant?

....The universe is significant, and we are a part of it. Therefor everything in the universe is significant.

This planet is tiny, but exists in a utopia of the galactic scene. Millions of other planets had the chance to be just like ours, but they were perhaps just too close, or too far from their parent star. Perhaps they didn't have a neighboring gas giant to protect them from meteors. We're only important as we make ourselves out to be.

We're only unimportant as we make ourselves out to be.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Here's a few reasons why i don't really believe we're ready for this whole all is one thing.

You get home and find your girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse in bed with the neighbour - do you say oh well they're only having an affair with another version of me ?

You go to your bank and find all your accounts have been cleaned out - do you say oh well another version of me will use the money wisely.

You go shoping and return to find your car stolen, do you say oh well another version of me must of needed a ride.

Without ego - you're everyone's victim.
edit on 30-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Without ego, you are no-one's victim, friend. Victimisation is experienced via the egoic mechanism, as are jealousy, possesion etc.

Namaste.
edit on 30-11-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-11-2011 by posthuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Without ego, you are no-one's victim, friend.

Namaste.

Find me a genuine no ego person - and i'll show you a liar. My point being no - ego is a myth, i've never seen it out in the wild

edit on 30-11-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by K1771gnorance

Yes because it's hard to be united when you don't know you are.

Everyone is united already. Some people just don't know it. If you believe what Jesus says, and you listen to Him, understand and accept what He has said, you will come to know that you are united, then you will reach complete unity. Then you can benefit from that knowledge, and enter the Kingdom of Heaven which I believe is more like a "state of understanding" like an enlightenment.

Here's what the Bible says about the "new Heaven and new Earth" as well as the "new Jerusalem"...

www.biblegateway.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join