It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATSLive Tinfoil Hat Competition Ver 2.0 ***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
reply to post by wildtimes

reply to post by tsawyer2

Well, the reason this thread is in this forum and not the ATS Live forum is so stars couldn't influence any decisions when we get to the judging. Also, I totally agree tsawyer, those are the type of people that this type of contest attracts, as you have all shown with your amazing entries. There are plenty more of those types on the boards though and I really hope that they will join us and submit an entry.

Thanks for the entries btw, in case I haven't said so yet publicly.

There plenty more of these types on the boards, I have had the pleasure of posting in threads with them as well. I know it's not always nice out there and it doesn't always need to be, but when we come together for something like this, it's nice to see how supportive and encouraging we are with each other.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Damn, some real tough competition this year.

Great job guys and girls!!!

I had lots of other stuff to do
, but I'm still working on my entry.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I like to laugh, sometimes I don't do it enough, so for me this was a great experience.

I like to laugh too and I am the "always smiling" type...so it was very hard for me to keep a straight face while taking the pic. Personally, this experience pushed some boundaries. The tinfoil you see in those pictures is just the tip of the iceberg...of the tinfoil mountain I scrapped...changing this, changing that, more here, less there...ripped here, ripped there...
I still have a lot of patience for an oldie... Coming out with the Ed's Wall idea was also challenging. No tinfoil there but the whole idea was to highlight Skeptic Overlord (The owner of ATS - without whom none of this would exist) somehow but with subtlety... And the hero dudes idea was born.

I notice lately that some members have asked him here and there about the plaster on his nose - from his avatar...can't help but wonder if it's after seeing Ed's Wall...

I'm already thinking of ideas for next year.

Yep, me too. Judge Dread (would be Judge Doom here). Next year....

I would still say that it's not advertized enough but they did promote it a few times on the last ATS Live edition...so I can't really complain about it anymore...

I will honestly say that this thread has been one of my favorites since I joined. For all the good reasons.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoftheSun
Coming out with the Ed's Wall idea was also challenging. No tinfoil there but the whole idea was to highlight Skeptic Overlord (The owner of ATS - without whom none of this would exist) somehow but with subtlety... And the hero dudes idea was born.

Ahh, I did not notice the connection before. Outstanding in it's subtlety and done with great creative imagination.

Well done, friend!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
OK ... were on. Tomorrow I am going to shinny over to my sister in laws house while they're gone. I only need one or two pics of a window with foil on it so I won't be inside for very long. I got my moms spare key and I already know the alarm code from times I have watched their house while they are away. They have a cute dog and a big yard that needs a lot of watering.

Thats how I found out about the foil on the windows to "block EMF". It just showed up one day and I am still reeling. So maybe if I bring it here and keep that a secret, we can all have a good laugh about it. She has literally turned her entire house into one_ giant_ tin_ foil_ hat. I don't pretend to understand it, just thought about it a lot after I found this thread and laughed my butt off. You guys are crazy/funny and clever.

But you are still only funning. Tomorrow, I will bring the real thing.

Intrptr out...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
OK ... were on. Tomorrow I am going to shinny over to my sister in laws house while they're gone. I only need one or two pics of a window with foil on it so I won't be inside for very long. I got my moms spare key and I already know the alarm code from times I have watched their house while they are away. They have a cute dog and a big yard that needs a lot of watering.

Thats how I found out about the foil on the windows to "block EMF". It just showed up one day and I am still reeling. So maybe if I bring it here and keep that a secret, we can all have a good laugh about it. She has literally turned her entire house into one_ giant_ tin_ foil_ hat. I don't pretend to understand it, just thought about it a lot after I found this thread and laughed my butt off. You guys are crazy/funny and clever.

But you are still only funning. Tomorrow, I will bring the real thing.

Intrptr out...

I can't wait to see this...

and want to see a hat from you too...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

She has literally turned her entire house into one_ giant_ tin_ foil_ hat.

Priceless !

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Dec. 21, 2011

TIN FOIL HAT MURDER MYSTERY

(AP) Officials were baffled today when they were called to investigate reports of a body lying on a residential driveway. Upon arrival police discovered a deceased middle aged man who was found lying with his head propped against a garage door, completely wrapped in foil. Foul play was suspected but the coroner refused to answer questions stating that until further investigation no statement could be issued as to the cause of death. It appears there is a link to the home where the body was discovered. The homes windows were all covered in tin foil, but repeated efforts to contact the owners were in vain. Special investigators were on scene to identify the body and collect evidence. One was overheard to whisper, "Ritual Tin Hat Murders again."

AP press photo

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

lol
oh boy this made my day Thank you

oh crikey how on earth do you come up with these ideas

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
reply to post by intrptr

lol
oh boy this made my day Thank you

oh crikey how on earth do you come up with these ideas

love and harmony
Whateva

LOL!!! That is great....and I'm also happy the Caution tape is blocking out the right parts. ROFL!!

This was well done!

Oh my! Where will this competition go from here?

edit on 21-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: removed redundant image

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Awesome job. We'll see if we can discover the perpetrator of this heinous crime..

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

From your own words...

You guys are crazy/funny and clever.

Ditto Sir. Ditto !!

Well done!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I was like, omg I can’t believe he’s going to break into his brother’s house

He will come back with some excuse that he couldn’t get in or something, then I thought well I can’t wait to see this house, I had imagined pink frilly shabby chic curtains framing a window covered in al-foil

A little bit different to the crime scene I just saw, i love this, its just so out of the norm, its awesome

i'm still laughing at this entire thread keep it up guys x x x
Whateva

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Oh my! Where will this competition go from here?

i have no idea, this thread just keeps getting better and better with every post

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Perhaps we should give everyone here "tin foil crown" status, and move the thread to Collaborative Humor?
I hate to think it's going to end....what if any of us comes up with a new brilliant spun-off idea but there's nowhere to post it?

Thanks again, all, this is priceless
(and don't forget to recycle all that foil...!)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hey fellow tinfoil asylum members, how you all doin... I wish you and yours the best of everything. Thank you for all the comments and replies. I been basking in their warmth and humor for a whole day. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I was dead and had to fight my way out of the morgue (they didn't believe me at first). Then I had inform my "next of tin" that despite what they have heard, I am still crazy.

Made some laugh up on here, huh? That is the best part for me. It didn't start out that way. I am not sure how I first stumbled upon this thread. I was amused and came with, awww is it over? Sorry I missed it and all, and you guys were like, oh noooo its still on and bring an entry. You called my bluff. This is ATS after all, you can't just say some stuff without backing it up. I realized that I couldn't compete with all the unique and artistic entries in any kind of "meaningfoil" way without adding some element of story. I am glad you were amused.

I would like to thank everyone here for accepting my interpretation of the contest and playing along just for fun with it. Whateva69, GAOTU789, SonoftheSun, Wildtimes, tsawyer2, HomerinNC, and especially WallE. Turd for taking the time to carry on in the finest paranoid delusional tradition.

See you on the boards,

Intrptr

PS: Oh and big thanks to ATS, without which none of this madness would ever have been possible.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Hey fellow tinfoil asylum members, how you all doin... I wish you and yours the best of everything. Thank you for all the comments and replies. I been basking in their warmth and humor for a whole day. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I was dead and had to fight my way out of the morgue (they didn't believe me at first). Then I had inform my "next of tin" that despite what they have heard, I am still crazy.

Made some laugh up on here, huh? That is the best part for me. It didn't start out that way. I am not sure how I first stumbled upon this thread. I was amused and came with, awww is it over? Sorry I missed it and all, and you guys were like, oh noooo its still on and bring an entry. You called my bluff. This is ATS after all, you can't just say some stuff without backing it up. I realized that I couldn't compete with all the unique and artistic entries in any kind of "meaningfoil" way without adding some element of story. I am glad you were amused.

I would like to thank everyone here for accepting my interpretation of the contest and playing along just for fun with it. Whateva69, GAOTU789, SonoftheSun, Wildtimes, tsawyer2, HomerinNC, and especially WallE. Turd for taking the time to carry on in the finest paranoid delusional tradition.

See you on the boards,

Intrptr

PS: Oh and big thanks to ATS, without which none of this madness would ever have been possible.

You did make me laugh that is for sure! I see you also have a way with puns.

Yes, big thanks to ATS, without them we wouldn't be making tin foil hats, or would we? We just wouldn't have a place to share our hats with other people. Well, maybe with the crazy cat lady across the street.

What I really want to know Intrptr is who took that picture of you and how did that conversation go? I imagine something like (and I don't know you well enough yet, so if I'm off base, I apologize):

Intrptr's Wife: "What are you doing with that Caution tape and a roll of tin foil?"

Intrprtr: "I'm going to wrap the foil around my head and make a crime scene in the driveway and I want you to take pictures of me pretending to be a ritual murder victim."

Intrptr's Wife: "Seriously now Intrprtr, don't you remember what happened with the mannequin and peanut butter incident last year? All those buzzards on the front lawn picking at it like it was carrion? The neighbors called the fire department to hose the buzzards down so they would leave! Mrs. Peabody hasn't talked to me since then!"

Intrprtr: "But, honey, this is for a contest on ATS!"

Intrptr's Wife: "ATS you say, well then, that would be just fine! I'll go get the camera."

Just my take on it...lol....I do want to know how you talked the photographer into taking the picture.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Well, I'm personally happy to find out that your sister in law isn't a nutcase after all !!!

I was also like...damn...this guy is gonna take pics of her home without her knowing about it...so we can all laugh at it ????

What if she is a member here ?????????????

I mean...anyone sealing their windows with tinfoil to avoid EMFs HAS to be a member of ATS !!!

Never saw this one coming ! Kudos to you !!

~Son.

P.S. Now that Skeptic Overlord has changed his avatar to a funny looking sorta Klingon Headmaster from Rura Penthe...no one will get that plaster joke...

P.P.S. Regenstorm...hello...hello...
Ahabstar....ok...I won't push it....

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Let me get this straight... you say you were eating peanut butter off a mannequin in your front yard while Mrs. Peabody was swatting buzzards that were trying to land on you with a broom? (your version was funnier). And your hood sounds as crazy as mine. Like these guys from the Movie-- "The Burbs":

I took the picture of a relative visiting my neighbor for the holidays. We just carry on...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

I mean...anyone sealing their windows with tinfoil to avoid EMFs HAS to be a member of ATS !!!
Never saw this one coming ! Kudos to you !!

She's not. The one element of my story that was true, by the way. It's only one window in the back of the house where the PGE meter is. That's the "source" of the EMF she thinks causes mold and she thinks can be blocked by foil on the window.
I love Kudos, thanks for them. You get some for your designs too. Good theme in your Avatar as well
?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join