It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATSLive Tinfoil Hat Competition Ver 2.0 ***WINNER ANNOUNCED***

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
When is the deadline for our entry?

I know what I will be doing this weekend!

Those entries are all great!

Wow, Whateva! You did set the standard high last year and you even topped that this year.

You do have a beautiful daughter, actually two if I remember correctly from your pictures. And you are a very attractive lady yourself. ;-)

I'll have to get my hat done this weekend.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Marvelous!!

Yay!!

That was fantastic. I wish I was good enough with tech to do that kind of stuff -- but I'm not.
Oh well, learning GIMP now...and perhaps one day I'll be ready for the 21st century!!

APPLAUSE!! Love the light. Mine has a refrigerator light on it....For night use. Or caves.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Hey tsawyer2 , thank you for the compliments, and Its good your joining in on the fun.

The end date hasn’t really been set yet, but GAOTU789 said in a post that it will go until after Christmas and maybe just into the new year.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the props guys.

I worked really worked hard on that tin hat, and had a little fun........

O.K.!!!

A lot of fun!

edit on 15-12-2011 by mikemck1976 because: edit

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

Hey tsawyer2 , thank you for the compliments, and Its good your joining in on the fun.

The end date hasn’t really been set yet, but GAOTU789 said in a post that it will go until after Christmas and maybe just into the new year.

love and harmony
Whateva

I'll work on it this weekend....I'm thinking something spiky in nature and perhaps one for my dog too. I'm also thinking of making a gun that shoots tin foil chaff out the end! Perhaps some tin foil underwear to ward off those pesky anal probes. ROFL....I'm not sure i can compete as an artist with Whateva, but I will do my best....

It's all in fun!!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You should consider doing a tinfoil hat workshops. share the fun

love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 15/12/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

You should consider doing tinfoil hat workshops. share tahe fun

love and harmony
Whateva

After everyone here sees me in tinfoil hat and underwear I'm not sure I'd have a good market for a workshop. LOL...I'll just make sure I get good pics of my eyes...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, here is a preview of my entry. The final pictures of me in this hat will be posted tomorrow. I think I will tweak this a little bit.

This was soooo fun to make this afternoon and the defining moment that proved to me that I actually belong in this competition came when I stood back while admiring my work and said to Stephie, " I was going to add a cone on the front of this hat, but I thought that maybe that would look dumb."

She looked at me and fell over laughing!

Anyway, this hat took me five hours, a colander, three 16 ounce plastic cups, 9 feet of star themed wire, a styrofoam cone, a feather hat pin, 4 sticks of hot glue, and about 50 square feet of tin foil.

Does anyone realize how dang hard it is to cut foil into little strips?

After doing this project Hot Glue Gun has now reached #3 on my list of things that fix stuff, after Duct Tape and WD-40.

Here is the preview....I will explain all the symbolism with the pictures of me tomorrow.

edit on 17-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: Duplicate picture

edit on 17-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
thats real cool, looks great!!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
thats real cool, looks great!!!

Thanks Homer! I might touch it up a little bit but that is all. I don't have a tin foil M-16 to go with it, like you do. But my chaff cones might make up for that...lol

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I cant stop laughing at what you wrote lololol once i get over the laughing fits ill comment, but untill then i ll keep wiping away my laughing tears.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Very very very cool !!!!!

Your comments also made me laugh !! The joys of tinfoiling stuff....
Almost done here.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Love the new avatar!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yay!!!
Wow, I'm thinking I need to make another entry....mine was a colander as well --- or perhaps I'll just put up the other pics that didn't turn out so well...

this one is the first version, for the spelunker wearer -- with ear muffs to shield audio devices from interference, a headlight, and extra-spikey antennae. Hope they don't attract bats!
(Just ignore the goofy grin, please...)

edit on 18-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

VERY cool hat!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Thanks, man! It was fun to make.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Yay!!!
Wow, I'm thinking I need to make another entry....mine was a colander as well --- or perhaps I'll just put up the other pics that didn't turn out so well...

this one is the first version, for the spelunker wearer -- with ear muffs to shield audio devices from interference, a headlight, and extra-spikey antennae. Hope they don't attract bats!
(Just ignore the goofy grin, please...)

edit on 18-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

I kinda like the goofy grin!

It's a flirty smile....

edit on 18-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Ok...so here is my final version. I decided not to mess with the "brilliance" of my first design...all I did today was insert some more tin foil inside the hat so it fit me well...perfectly!!

This hat was a lot of fun to make and I have found out that the art of tin foil hat making is an adventure in itself.

Most of the materials used to make this were found around my house. I did have to borrow Stephie's hot glue gun, but she did make me buy the glue sticks. :-( That thing is a wonder! You can simply touch this hot point to just about anything, pull a trigger and bam!!!!...stuck together! What better tool to use for a tin foil hat!!!

She didn't appreciate me practicing on stuff though, and I'm obliged to say here, "Honey, I truly apologize for the cotton balls getting stuck to the cat. I really don't know how that happened."

Anyway...

I did have to go out shopping for a few things for this hat. I found the central piece, the plastic pink colander, in our storage, and as soon as I turned it over I thought, that looks like a UFO....and this colander has holes in it, like many theories here on ATS , LOL. Perfect for symbolism! Now, my head isn't exactly colander sized so we went shopping for somethig that would be more of a fit.

Apparently, at the Dollar store, they don't take kindly to people trying on plastic bowls as hats. Let's just leave that there. I think I will stay away from that store for a few months, perhaps they will forget about me.

So I went with the colander and bought the foam top cone and some silver star wire I found in a box out in the workshop. The plastic cups I had left over from a party. Heck of a party that one was...but that is another post.

So, with all tools in hand I retreated to the workshop where I had previously stored a bottle or two of Merlot and proceeded to make this hat.

I just simply went to town on this hat....It just came to me like a vision....or maybe that was the Merlot.

While making this hat I did think about how it would fit into ATS...and realized that there are elements of it that fit the forums here....

The star themed wire : Aleins and UFO's

The Feather Hat Pin: Fragile Earth and the nature forums

The Trojan like face sheild: All the Military posts

The Circle on the top cone: Circle of Life, all of the Religious, Metaphysical posts.

The tin foil strips that hang down, a movable part to my hat, powered by the wind: Alternative Energy

The hat could mean many things or nothing at all, I guess I will leave that up to the believers and debunkers here on ATS.

Enjoy...

edit on 18-12-2011 by tsawyer2 because: Gotta have the pics!! lol

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
It's BRILLIANT!!
Well done you! Good on ya!
So glad folks are entering....and thanks for the "not a goofy grin" remark!
Kudos, man!!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I am really, really impressed with the entries so far. You folks are a very talented and creative lot.

The deadline still hasn't been decided as we want to get as many entries as possible. So keep 'em coming please.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join