It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla - What happened the day after he died...and who took his secrets...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What happened to Tesla’s possessions after his death? I hope I can show a few new clues and maybe point into new directions. It all starts on January 7, 1943, the night Tesla died in his room at the Hotel New Yorker.
The players are: Sava Kosanovich ,Tesla’s nephew, George Clark, Head of the RCA Laboratorium, Kenneth Sweezey , Science Author, Bloyce Fitzgerald , Scientist, John G Trump, Head of Div 14 at the OSRD, George Willis, Naval Intelligence, Abraham Spanel, International Latex Corporation.

Jan 8, 1943 - Sava Kosanovich, George Clark and Kenneth Sweezey entered Tesla’s room with a locksmith and had his safe opened. They later claimed they only took some personal items such as photographs, but nothing else.
Jan 9, 1943 - FBI NYC notifies Hoover of Tesla’s death and the opening of the safe. On the same day, Spanel, who was well connected, called VP Henry Wallace and told him that Tesla died and that his effects need to be taken care of. Later that day, Fitzgerald came to the Hotel with Mr. Gorsuch from the Office of Alien Property and took 2 truck loads of Tesla’s property to a Manhattan warehouse. At the same warehouse, Tesla already had some thirty barrels of “stuff”. The OAP sealed all containers.
Fitzgerald tells the FBI that he had known Tesla for years and closely worked with him. According to Fitzgerald, Tesla had perfected his work on wireless power and a radio controlled torpedo (which turned out later to be what we now call “guided missile”)
Jan 11, 1943 – J. Edgar Hoover notes that “L.M.C Smith is handling this with alien property custodian so there appears no need for us to mess around in it”. Smith was at that time “Chief of the Special War Policies Unit” at the Dept. of Justice and it was him instructing OAP to seize Tesla’s property.
Jan 26/27 – 6 people show up at the storage facility in Manhattan (on who’s orders is unclear) to examine Tesla’s property. Those are: J. Newington and C. Hedetniemi from OAP, John G Trump, OSRD, Willis George, ONI and two Chief Yeoman, USNR. The FBI was later told by the floor manager that a microfilm machine was used to copy Tesla’s material.
John G Trump was a MIT professor and worked with van derGraaf on the van der Graaf generator. In 1938, Tesla humiliated him publicly when he demonstrated that he could get more energy and efficiency from two small Tesla coils than Trump could get from his giant van derGraaf generator. Trump also specialized in X-Ray and radiation sciences and Radar, all fields where Tesla laid either the groundwork or made essential contributions. If there ever was a conflict of interest, this was it.
Trump was the head of division 14 at the OSRD. In 1944, Trump was riding into liberated Paris next to Eisenhower and stayed in Paris to set up a radiation lab.
What? First, that must have been the ultimate honor to give to a civilian to sit next to Eisenhower driving into Paris, being celebrated as heroes. And why exactly was there a need for a radiation lab in 1944 Paris? Oh, yes, forgot to mention that the Head of the OSRD was Vannevar Bush of Majestic 12 fame.
Willis George, Naval Intel. George wasn’t a scientist, he wasn’t even what one might call a proper “spy”. Willis George was a master thief. His job at ONI was to break into homes and embassies to steal or copy papers and open safes. His skill was that he could do all that without leaving any trace. George later resigned and joined the OSS, doing the same thing. He wrote a book in 1946, titled “Surreptitious Entry”, detailing that he was the chief ”burglary” instructor for ONI and OSS agents. He wasn’t qualified to judge Tesla’s work. All that I can think of is: “casing the joint”. If OSRD or ONI would have taken anything from the warehouse, it would have been recorded by the warehouse personnel or even OAP – but checking out what you want and have Willis George come back at night and get it - no trace, no paper trail - Makes sense?
Trump wrote a report noting that there was absolutely nothing of any scientific value at the warehouse. Now that can believe who will, I certainly don’t.
Abraham Spanel was the President of the Int’l Latex Corp. ILC split up in 1944, into what is now known as Playtex (yep, the underwear) and the other part is now known as ILC Dover. ILC Dover was awarded many Army contracts during the war. ILC Dover was awarded the NASA contract to fabricate space suits. They still make anything from space suits to the Mars rover landing “bubble”. Spanel knew Tesla through Fitzgerald and the FBI speculated that he had Tesla material in his possession. Did he trade in whatever he had from Tesla for highly lucrative Army, Navy and NASA contracts? He certainly had the political connections to negotiate such a trade.
October 26, 1945. Reenter Boyce Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald shows up at the FBI office in NYC. Fitzgerald is now in the Army, with the rank of Private. He’s accompanied by 3 other soldiers. He presents a letter signed by Brig. General Craigea, Chief Engineering Division at Wright AAF requesting access to all items of Tesla that the FBI might have. Hoover already knew about Fitzgerald’s new Army job from a memo dated October 17. It stated that Fitzgerald was a “brilliant 29 year old scientist who knew all of Tesla’s secrets and, despite his low rank of Private, was the Director of a group of scientists at Wright Field.”
April 20, 1976 – FBI receives a letter, with copy to the CIA, sender’s name is redacted, but it is sent from Raynham, Mass. (which is pretty close to many Navy installations). The writer asks for any FBI microfilm recordings of Tesla’s papers because of “some experiments now under way at Hill AFB”. He says that he’s associated with “Project Tesla” for 4 years and “as we have exceeded Tesla’s results and are familiar with the experiments”. He goes on about “Tesla lightning balls which could destroy aircraft ..I have talked to AF personnel who had one of the balls inside his plane in flight and AF personnel fear them”… . Foofighters, anyone? Next, he says “the propulsion mode of the balls involve electro-gravitic interaction by which means air vehicles of revolutionary configuration can be constructed. No presently known laws of physics can account for the propulsion of 400mph or so when following an airliner”.
Feb 9, 1981 – Lt. Col. McLaren USAF Strategic and Space Systems asks the FBI for Tesla’s papers, because it would be of “considerable value to certain ongoing research within the DoD”
August 8, 1983 – The Electro Optics Lab of the Avionics Div. and the Particle Beam Weapons Lab of the Foreign Technology Division at Wright Patterson AFB, request any Tesla papers the FBI might have.They say that “some portions of it had been shipped to the “Equipment Lab” at WPAFB but they can’t find the material in the classified library at WPAFB”. The “Foreign Technology Division” - known as the proud owners of the (in)famous “Blue Room” at WPAFB and rumored to reverse engineer i.e. the Roswell craft.
The Military’s interest even some 40 years later and the secret projects based on Tesla’s inventions is not bad at all for a guy of whom Trump said “left nothing of scientific value”… yeah…sure. I think Tesla had, at the very least, the blue prints for the Laser/Maser, and some form of revolutionary propulsion system. To me it’s pretty clear that Tesla’s inventions were put to work and perhaps even used to try to understand and reverse engineer alien technology.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Kool story and info you got there. Tesla is one of my favorite people ever I love reading theories and stuff about him and yours is definetly going in my favorites folder. Also have you ever read The Wall of Light: Nikola Tesla & the Venusian Space, it is an interesting read whether it is true or not.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Nevetsx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

TESLA....absolutely brilliant. What happened to his research? Some folks seem to have an idea what happened and where his research went....I am not sure I believe this info....but it is possible. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
great stuff I had always thought he was a man ahead of his time like da Vinci but not as respected. I imagine now that we are in the state of technology we have now tptb will allow his works to be released to the public as long as
they control it.

The sad thing is that he didn't want to make weapons. but most of his work before he died was for war
and there is no telling what his angry bitter mind came up with in his last days.

I imagine HAARP would have been most intriguing to him. but i mean just imagine if he what we would have in the world if he was alive today and had a computer and access to the grad students at MIT.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

RCA has a history of theft of that nature which was proven in courts after they stole from Philo T. Farnsworth.

RCA was in bed with President Roosevelt who was up to his neck in it.

During WW2 the government took over factories. In general they extended patents to make up for it after the fact unless it benefited RCA and in turn Roosevelt. This is not a hidden conspiracy and if you take the time you will find all this is correct.

RCA sent a spy to Farnsworth's lab who tricked him into revealing his work. Then after Farnsworth had to go to producing screens for radar, his patent was not extended due to interference from Roosevelt's office. Farnsworth won in court (only one to win against RCA) but it was too late to do any good.

I suspect with Tesla RCA grabbed and ran. After all they had protection from the entire Roosevelt Administration.

Question is though, was their anything worth stealing. I think most of that is invented myths to begin with.

Have fun researching that as I did years ago for personal reasons. My info came from the Farnsworth family and from lots of other substantiating evidence confirming the truth. Eventually the family prevailed in court to get the history corrected and expose the RCA spy who took credit for Farnsworth's work. It took until the 1990's to do and they kept with it because the history books were all wrong and the truth still hidden even though the so called historians knew about the outcome of the lawsuit.

That taught me that if you have enough money they will lie in the textbooks to cover up crimes from many years ago. Historians are easy to buy it seems and so was Roosevelt.
edit on 11/22/2011 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevetsx
Kool story and info you got there. Tesla is one of my favorite people ever I love reading theories and stuff about him and yours is definetly going in my favorites folder. Also have you ever read The Wall of Light: Nikola Tesla & the Venusian Space, it is an interesting read whether it is true or not.
edit on 22-11-2011 by Nevetsx because: (no reason given)

i gave you your first star just for the reply
hope you have fun in this site i do
edit on 23-11-2011 by ed1320 because: (no reason given)

edit on Nov 23rd 2011 by Djarums because: fixed quote tag

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The Tunguska Event

It's 7:17 AM on the morning of June 30, 1908, the exact moment when Nikoli Tesla is testing his "Death Ray" by aiming his beam towards the Arctic Cirle where he hopes Admiral Peary will see a visual display in the sky.
In the small Siberian village, herders of Raindeer are awoken by a huge ball of light, followed by an enormous explosion. Seismic vibrations were recorded by sensitive instruments as much as 1000 km (600 mi) away. At 500 km (300 mi), observers reported "deafening bangs" and a fiery cloud on the horizon. About 170 km (110 mi) from the explosion, the object was seen in the cloudless, daytime sky as a brilliant, sunlike fireball; thunderous noises were heard. At distances around 60 km, people were thrown to the ground or even knocked unconscious; windows were broken and crockery knocked off shelves. Probably the closest observers were some reindeer herders asleep in their tents in several camps about 30 km (20 mi) from the site. They were blown into the air and knocked unconscious; one man was blown into a tree and later died. "Everything around was shrouded in smoke and fog from the burning fallen trees."

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It appears that Tesla's work and his legacy is behind much of todays shrouded in secret technology. And if you consider his work and brilliance some 60-70 years ago, one doesnt have to be a genious, nor a scientist to know that technological breakthroughs of enormous capability will have been realised over this period of time. which in itself will have lead to further breakthroughs and technological advancement! It would be a reasonable guestimate to assume that the technologies and capabilities we expect in the next 30 to 50 years are probably already here!

Now, if that is the case then we are truly and deliberately being kept in the dark and probably because the developments and breakthroughs are phenominal! Just to mention a few, space, speed, time and ancestral history!

Just a wee thought...

We had De Vinci, Galelao, Einstein, Tesla,......today who we have? This is all a secret and has been kept so since Eisenhower me thinks!! So there are brilliant scientists around today but its all kept quiet!!!

edit on 23-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
TESLA....absolutely brilliant. What happened to his research?

well lets see....

AC power... we use it daily
Ignition Coil... no car runs without one
Radio... well Marconi stole that for a while but at least that was fixed
Wireless Power transmission... seems the boys at MIT have picked up on that one

OH! You mean the flying saucer? THAT is 'need to know' only

edit on 23-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I have a short story about Tesla that might entertain somebody.

Just a few years ago (late 90s I think) somewhere near the Norfolk Broads, a middle-aged lady got a sudden strong mental message that she couldn't ignore, telling her to walk around the back of this building (shop?) and look inside a skip that was there. She followed the direction of the commands, found the skip, and inside she found a pile of very old papers about Tesla, and she took them home.
She then contacted a local gentleman who has a deep interest in UFOs etc., and they agreed to meet up at a later date. In the meantime they kept in touch by telephone. When the time of the meeting came the lady didn't arrive and the man became concerned, so he went to her house and when she saw him there she was absolutely stinking petrified and told him never, ever, to come back or call her again.

Not sure which bits are true, not sure which details I've forgotten, or added to, but I know the man and I think it remains one of his lifetime's strangest experiences.

Perhaps the woman was just some random nutter? Or maybe Tesla gave her the command to find his papers?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
I have a short story about Tesla that might entertain somebody.

Just a few years ago (late 90s I think) somewhere near the Norfolk Broads, a middle-aged lady got a sudden strong mental message that she couldn't ignore, telling her to walk around the back of this building (shop?) and look inside a skip that was there. She followed the direction of the commands, found the skip, and inside she found a pile of very old papers about Tesla, and she took them home.
She then contacted a local gentleman who has a deep interest in UFOs etc., and they agreed to meet up at a later date. In the meantime they kept in touch by telephone. When the time of the meeting came the lady didn't arrive and the man became concerned, so he went to her house and when she saw him there she was absolutely stinking petrified and told him never, ever, to come back or call her again.

Not sure which bits are true, not sure which details I've forgotten, or added to, but I know the man and I think it remains one of his lifetime's strangest experiences.

Perhaps the woman was just some random nutter? Or maybe Tesla gave her the command to find his papers?

What was the reason she was petrified?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

There was no way to find out. That was the end of the story.

Just remembered the bit where she says to him all frantic -"I don't know what you're talking about , I've never heard of Tesla, or any papers" or something along those lines.
edit on 23-11-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hi,

Judging your story you will probably know this already, but here you go:

The Boy who invented television

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nv4711
What happened to Tesla’s possessions after his death? I hope I can show a few new clues and maybe point into new directions...

Thanks Op. That's a great story about someone that I would love to have met. Do you mind listing your references?
edit on 23-11-2011 by OlafMiacov because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Great but links and source's please or it's just a fairy tale...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Great but links and source's please or it's just a fairy tale...

Tesla Life and Legacy The Missing Papers

One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in 1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic´ hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had already been removed, and Kosanovic´ suspected that someone had already gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept—a notebook with several hundred pages, some of which were marked "Government."

P. E. Foxworth, assistant director of the New York FBI office, was called in to investigate. According to Foxworth, the government was "vitally interested" in preserving Tesla's papers. Two days after Tesla's death, representatives of the Office of Alien Property went to his room at the New Yorker Hotel and seized all his possessions.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Caption:
Tesla's suite at the hotel New Yorker following his funeral on January 12, 1943. Left to right: Bogoljub Jevtic´, a member of the last Royal Government of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia; Professor Boris Furlan, a Slovene active during the war in the United States, who went back to Yugoslavia where he was arrested and liquidated brutally; Sava Kosanovic´, Tesla's nephew and member of the Royal Government in exile.

Caption
Articles in Tesla's hotel room after his death. Note cabinets and one of the invertor's safes. Three packages of Nabisco crackers can be seen on one of the upper shelves of the cabinet at left.

The library archives at the Tesla Museum in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.

www.pbs.org...

TESLA FBI Files

Nikola Tesla Part 01 of 01 pages(1-249)
Nikola Tesla Part 01 of 01 pages(250-290)

vault.fbi.gov...

There are more and they have some papers on Einstein as well in the FBI Vault

Notice the last line on that page... "We have exceeded Tesla's results...."

That should speak volumes and that was 1973

I would love to know the name of that magazine article that is redacted

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ah much better S&F Sir

Do you know if anyone has tried to follow on his work? cos it seem's to me he had something here.
Also why haven't they just gone public and put it on the net?
edit on 23-11-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Also why haven't they just gone public and put it on the net?

[Classified]

Nikola Tesla's Fantastic Inventions
www.zamandayolculuk.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Oh wow has anyone tried building any of it?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I don't know if this is any better but I did see this somewhere:

The Veil of Invisibility

An awesome read about Tesla, George Scherf Jnr (AKA George W Bush Senior) and some interesting findings.

Take from it what you will.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join