It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tesla - What happened the day after he died...and who took his secrets...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Great but links and source's please or it's just a fairy tale...

Tesla Life and Legacy The Missing Papers

One of the more controversial topics involving Nikola Tesla is what became of many of his technical and scientific papers after he died in 1943. Just before his death at the height of World War II, he claimed that he had perfected his so-called "death beam." So it was natural that the FBI and other U.S. Government agencies would be interested in any scientific ideas involving weaponry. Some were concerned that Tesla's papers might fall into the hands of the Axis powers or the Soviets.

The morning after the inventor's death, his nephew Sava Kosanovic´ hurried to his uncle's room at the Hotel New Yorker. He was an up-and-coming Yugoslav official with suspected connections to the communist party in his country. By the time he arrived, Tesla's body had already been removed, and Kosanovic´ suspected that someone had already gone through his uncle's effects. Technical papers were missing as well as a black notebook he knew Tesla kept—a notebook with several hundred pages, some of which were marked "Government."

P. E. Foxworth, assistant director of the New York FBI office, was called in to investigate. According to Foxworth, the government was "vitally interested" in preserving Tesla's papers. Two days after Tesla's death, representatives of the Office of Alien Property went to his room at the New Yorker Hotel and seized all his possessions.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Caption:
Tesla's suite at the hotel New Yorker following his funeral on January 12, 1943. Left to right: Bogoljub Jevtic´, a member of the last Royal Government of the Kingdom of Yugoslavia; Professor Boris Furlan, a Slovene active during the war in the United States, who went back to Yugoslavia where he was arrested and liquidated brutally; Sava Kosanovic´, Tesla's nephew and member of the Royal Government in exile.

Caption
Articles in Tesla's hotel room after his death. Note cabinets and one of the invertor's safes. Three packages of Nabisco crackers can be seen on one of the upper shelves of the cabinet at left.

The library archives at the Tesla Museum in Belgrade, Yugoslavia.

www.pbs.org...

TESLA FBI Files

Nikola Tesla Part 01 of 01 pages(1-249)
Nikola Tesla Part 01 of 01 pages(250-290)

vault.fbi.gov...

There are more and they have some papers on Einstein as well in the FBI Vault

Notice the last line on that page... "We have exceeded Tesla's results...."

That should speak volumes and that was 1973

I would love to know the name of that magazine article that is redacted

edit on 23-11-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

Like I already said in my post. Significant technological steps have surely been made by now!!!
And its likely to be phenominal!

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I found some interesting material researching tesla..and I believe he had a son , and his son carried on his work..

Arthur Matthews was the last man to have worked hand-to-hand with Tesla. The master Jedi is said to have given the young apprentice all of his secrets. Matthews was not in the public eye. He lived in a rural area of Lake Beauport, Quebec, Canada. Over the years, curiosity-seekers to government agents have made the trek to Canada to tap Matthews for information. They would ask how to build the Magnifying Transmitter. Arthur would always say that the answers are in Tesla's patents, lectures and articles.

In the early 1940s, Mr. Matthews co-authored a book along with Tesla. It is the only known writings of Tesla that was not of a technical nature. The first part of 'The Wall of Light' was written by Tesla. He writes about boyhood experiences, his feelings, his research and his strange life among humans. Matthews completes 'The Wall of Light' (a reference to an impenetrable force field device) with his incredible story that includes Close Encounters with extraterrestrials.

I would be very interested if any one has read the book ..Wall of Light.. started by Tesla himself, then finished off by matthews.

For anyone not familiar with this info ..please read the whole page in this link. It has some very interesting information about Tesla.. as well as some corrections that Mathews makes about misinformation that many have concerning him..

Tesla did not die poor..and much of his work was carried on by Mathews ..who never outright claims to be the son of Tesla..but never denies it..when asked by prominent people.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

once again i urge you to read the whole page.. and i know some of it will be really out there for some of you.. but consider that TESLA himself coauthored that book Wall of Light.. and this mathews worked closely with him.

"Return of the Dove"..another book mentioned in this link would be of interest as well.
edit on 23-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-11-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I found some interesting material researching tesla..and I believe he had a son , and his son carried on his work..

Arthur Matthews was the last man to have worked hand-to-hand with Tesla. The master Jedi is said to have given the young apprentice all of his secrets. Matthews was not in the public eye. He lived in a rural area of Lake Beauport, Quebec, Canada. Over the years, curiosity-seekers to government agents have made the trek to Canada to tap Matthews for information. They would ask how to build the Magnifying Transmitter. Arthur would always say that the answers are in Tesla's patents, lectures and articles.

In the early 1940s, Mr. Matthews co-authored a book along with Tesla. It is the only known writings of Tesla that was not of a technical nature. The first part of 'The Wall of Light' was written by Tesla. He writes about boyhood experiences, his feelings, his research and his strange life among humans. Matthews completes 'The Wall of Light' (a reference to an impenetrable force field device) with his incredible story that includes Close Encounters with extraterrestrials.

I would be very interested if any one has read the book ..Wall of Light.. started by Tesla himself, then finished off by matthews.

For anyone not familiar with this info ..please read the whole page in this link. It has some very interesting information about Tesla.. as well as some corrections that Mathews makes about misinformation that many have concerning him..

Tesla did not die poor..and much of his work was carried on by Mathews ..who never outright claims to be the son of Tesla..but never denies it..when asked by prominent people.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

thats interesting. access to a copy of the book?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

www.amazon.com...

There is Wall of Light..

here is Return of the Dove by Margaret Storm

www.amazon.com...

I really do believe he could have had extraterrestrial origins.. apparently Tesla was convinced he was from Venus..and talks about it in his book..as well as Mathews talking about his experience with Venusians as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

thanks G very kind
will take a look tomo

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i harbor no doubts that the fbi stole Tesla's work.
not that they aren't a (inter)stellar organiSSation.
edit on 23-11-2011 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I will be doing more reading on this.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We will never really know for sure and its a real shame.

Also forget what was stolen what even more crazy and plausable ideas must have been going round Teslas mind that he haddnt written down, again we wont know.

My fingers are crossed for a new Tesla that wont be scooped up instantly and sworn to secrecy by a goverment, but i fear we will know as much about that, as what happend to teslas research.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Interesting thread, do you have any sources for this information? I'd like to research it more in depth. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Duncan Trussell had the funniest short sketch of him drunk talking about Tesla and how Edison was basically just some greedy #hole who bought or stole patents/ideas all across the nation. I just spent 10 minutes searching and cant find a working link.....Edison's family no likey? Someone smart plz find it, i promise laughs.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Tesla made a lot of claims about what he could do. Most of them never amounted to much. The problem was that Tesla was an engineer. A very good engineer, but his science was another story. He didn't really seem to understand electromagnetic radiation.

The Hertz wave theory of wireless transmission may be kept up for a while, but I do not hesitate to say that in a short time it will be recognized as one of the most remarkable and inexplicable aberrations of the scientific mind which has ever been recorded in history.

For more than eighteen years I have been reading treatises, reports of scientific transactions, and articles on Hertz-wave telegraphy, to keep myself informed, but they have always imprest me like works of fiction.

www.tfcbooks.com...
Hertz-waves are what we now know as radio waves. Tesla didn't believe in them. His wireless technology involved the transmission of power through earth. That's one reason it never got anywhere, it is a terribly inefficient method.

Tesla did not believe that the ionosphere (known at that time as the Heaviside layer) existed. He didn't believe that it could be used for long distance radio communication. Sort of ironic that people claim that HAARP is based on Tesla's work.

I can hardly think of anything more improbable than this "gliding wave" theory and the conception of the "guided wireless" which are contrary to all laws of action and reaction. Why should these disturbances cling to a conductor where they are counteracted by induced currents, when they can propagate in all other directions unimpeded? The fact is that the radiations of the transmitter passing along the earth's surface are soon extinguished, the height of, the inactive zone indicated in the diagram, being some function of the wave length, the bulk of the waves traversing freely the atmosphere. Terrestrial phenomena which I have noted conclusively show that there is no Heaviside layer, or if it exists, it is of no effect. It certainly would be unfortunate if the human race were thus imprisoned and forever without power to reach out into the depths of space.

An electrical engineer. Not a scientist.

edit on 11/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Tesla was investigating wireless power transmission, among other things. Westinghouse and JP Morgan owned nearly all the known copper in the world at that time, so it would have been very bad for business. I believe they bought him off while alive, and destroyed his technology after he died. Business as usual.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Here's me thinking he collected positive electons out of the air, pulsed them (lightening) through a cable to the negative earth,rapped coils around the cable and produced useable electricity....AC and or DC......OH WELL

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That i find ridiculous.

He might not agreed with some of the now obvious (and vice versa! ), he discovered, and yes, engeneerd a lot of other things.

Not calling him a scientist, only an engineer i find very scornful, and very shortsighted.

To my humble opinion he was more then both.
edit on 23-11-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontlaughthink
reply to post by Phage

Here's me thinking he collected positive electons out of the air, pulsed them (lightening) through a cable to the negative earth,rapped coils around the cable and produced useable electricity....AC and or DC......OH WELL

Not even sure where to begin with this...

"Windmills Do Not Work That Way! Good Night!"

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

There is nothing "only" about being an engineer. Tesla was very good. Even great. But the trouble is that his lack of understanding of the nature of electromagnetic radiation led him down some very wrong paths. No matter how good an engineer is, if the physics don't support the engineering you end up with nothing.

edit on 11/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I understand your standpoint, but him not quite understanding radiation disqualifies him as a scientist at all?
In those pioneering days the paths weren't very clear yet.

He invented, researched and came up with enough other theories, paths and studies what would still qualify him as an actual scientist, at least in my eyes.

I think you have to look very hard to find a today scientist with the same combined knowledge and understanding as Tesla had, even as he did had e few mishaps. Science without failure, corrections, steps forward and back does not exist.

( And yes, nothing wrong with engineers)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

windmills..... if you want to talk about old tech what are you doing on a Tesla thread

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

Thanks for chiming in. I agree that we don't know what Tesla really had, which is kind of the crux of the problem. There might have been inventions which sounded good on paper but were impractical, but there might as well have been the "sorcerer's stone", so to speak.

My questions are however:
The OSRD sent their top honcho and expert (Trump) to examine Tesla's files. Trump wrote a scathing report, saying that nothing of scientifc value was there. OK... and what exactly was worth microfilming then if there wasn't anything of value?
Why was "something" (we don't know what) shipped to Wright AAF?
Why did Fitzgerald, after joining the Army and working as a scientist at Wright AAF, come back in 1945 asking for access to Tesla's files? He was working with Tesla and would have known if there wasn't anything worth his while.
Why have there been numerous requests for access to Tesla's papers up until the mid eighties by the Navy, Air Force and others when it should have been clear from Trump's report some 40 years earlier that Tesla didn't leave anything worth looking at?

I know, we can only speculate and try to make an educated guess.... I for one just don't buy the story that Tesla didn't have something up his sleeve and a lot of people tried to get their hands on it - and some I believe successfully.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

www.amazon.com...

There is Wall of Light..

here is Return of the Dove by Margaret Storm

www.amazon.com...

I really do believe he could have had extraterrestrial origins.. apparently Tesla was convinced he was from Venus..and talks about it in his book..as well as Mathews talking about his experience with Venusians as well.

Margaret Storm and her husband became the subject of an FBI investigation themselves in July of 1957. A confidential informant told the FBI that the Storm's are in possesion of a "Tesla Set" which according to Storm was "a radio type machine, invented by Tesla in 1938 for "interplanetary" communication." Further it says that "Mr. and Mrs. Storm claim that the set was not completed until after Tesla's death in 1943 but that Tesla engineers would have placed it in operation in 1950 and that since then Tesla engineers have been in close touch with space ships etc."

FBI FOIA documents on Tesla, Set 1, pages 55-58 FBI Vault...

Note that at the FBI nobody was laughing, they obviously took it seriously enough to write a 4 page memo. Unfortunately, I don't know what further investigation, if any, occured.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join