It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

www.prisonplanet.com

Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.

“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,” reports Haaretz.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
It is/was bound to happen
Not Russian warships no, but a Libya-like war powers act to invade Syria

Is Russia trying to stop this?

Personally I strongly doubt Russia is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts
They are part of the UN Security Council made up of the world's largest top arms dealers on the planet.

This is something regarding their interest.
Maybe it has to do with arms trade or knowledge, Russia does share military knowledge at times, except with India, when selling military equipment.

All in all, I think we should stay out of this

www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't think Russia deploying warships to Syria is any more of a coincidence than American troops being deployed to Australia. That said, I think that Russia has interests in Syria and sees that writing on the wall. With the recent defection of a number of Syrian military to the opposition and attacks on Syrian military bases it was only a matter of time before this 'revolution' escalated into a Libyan style civil war.

And we all saw what happened in Libya

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

This kind of fits with yesterday's announcement:

Russia stands by Assad as pressure mounts on Syria

Russia seem very concerned about protecting their interests in the area, and I don't blame them.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

IMO these whole actions are the ways that superpowers choose to bend governments on their knees.

The only matter is :

Is their nation supporting them facing superpowers or not ? Do they stand all economical sanctions ?

+ remember that haaretz is a Zionist company.
edit on 18/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

What are "Russian interests" in the area? We're all familiar with the US's "interests": mineral wealth, control of strategically important geography and attacking the so called enemies of Israel.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I genuinely believe that its in Russia's best interests to protect the ME from NATO. If they don't, it will be NATO members who control most of the Oil, not UN members.

I welcome the Russians guarding the borders.

I watched 'Question Time', here in the UK last night and the last part of it was on Syria and should a Libya style attack take place and all but 1 of the panel said Yes. (i think we should NOT intervene).

This could get ugly. All it would take is for Russia to shoot down one NATO plane or a NATO plane to destroy 1 Russian ship and we have WW3.

This is speeding up quickly.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

What are "Russian interests" in the area? We're all familiar with the US's "interests": mineral wealth, control of strategically important geography and attacking the so called enemies of Israel.

Russia's interests are having a say on the price of Oil...that's enough motivation because a dictation of Global Oil prices by the US is the last thing Russia wants!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

The whole issue is just old and they will not attack Syria like they didn't attack Iran.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Russian interests are the same as the USA's, except for the Israel thing, obviously.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow i swear I read all the this could be big threads and shrug them off.

But if this is true, this could be big really big. And over stupid # like this

France wants us involved in syria, just watched hillary interview "saying" we're going into syria.

WTF this doesnt look good. If this is true.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Russia stands by Assad as pressure mounts on Syria

Russia seem very concerned about protecting their interests in the area, and I don't blame them.

History and the Arab Street will see what Russia's really cares about. Backing an already doomed dictator is never a good move.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by soldita

I don't know Hilliary much.

But is this like they always threat , or there is a real threat ?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

My idea is that Russia had various interests with Iran, and since Iran and Syria have close relations with the treaty that they partake in I only find it smart for Russia to voice their opinion on Syrian affairs as well.

Russia has stronger ties with Syria than you think. Syria purchases a lot of Russian military hardware.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by jrmcleod

The whole issue is just old and they will not attack Syria like they didn't attack Iran.

I will personally guarantee you that the UK, France, US will attack Syria.

This WILL happen
edit on 18/11/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Assisting in arming a revolution, which if successfull will give Russia a key ally in the Middle East.

It's genius really, they've been looking for key allies in the region for years, maybe even a place to provide security for the rebuilding of the nation. Millitary bases and the ability to anchor off shore in Syrian waters.

That would be a game changer.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The source for the OP is conflicted -

PrisonPlanet's headlines reads as post tense, that Russian ships have already entered Syrian waters, but then states in the article that Russian ships are due (future tense) to enter these waters, Haartz's headlines reads "TO enter Syrian Waters".

“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,” reports Haaretz.

Again;
Alex Jones headlines:

The original Haartz headline:
Report: Russia warships to enter Syria waters in bid to stem foreign intervention (emphasis mine)

It never says when these should ship are due to arrive, it could be tomorrow, it could be next week, it could be never.

All it takes is a subtle change in wording to create these sort of biased/misleading headlines. Not blaming the OP at all, just pointing out a pet peeve.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I have a pretty solid bs detector and honestly this sounds like nato will at the very least do something

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It is/was bound to happen
Not Russian warships no, but a Libya-like war powers act to invade Syria

Is Russia trying to stop this?

Personally I strongly doubt Russia is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts
They are part of the UN Security Council made up of the world's largest top arms dealers on the planet.

This is something regarding their interest.
Maybe it has to do with arms trade or knowledge, Russia does share military knowledge at times, except with India, when selling military equipment.

All in all, I think we should stay out of this

www.prisonplanet.com

If my memory serves me correctly, didn't Syria announce 2yrs ago that they we're going to allow Russia to build a massive Naval Port on the Syrian peninsular!

One more war, and I think the people will hunt the so called maggotts in Government and have them hung from lamp posts!

Enough of this crap

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

www.prisonplanet.com

Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.

That won't work.

Our planes could fly into Israel and then change course north to Syria.

BTW, the Russian warships won't see our B-2 Stealth Bombers on their radar.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join