It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by jrmcleod

The whole issue is just old and they will not attack Syria like they didn't attack Iran.

I will personally guarantee you that the UK, France, US will attack Syria.

This WILL happen
edit on 18/11/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

It didn't take long in Lybia.

How hard could it be?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Personally I strongly doubt Russia is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts

Exactly.

Because when I think, "Humanitarian response", I don't think, "Russia".

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
inb4 alarmist doom mongering posts about WW3 being imminent. I may be to late.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
NATO- New Authority Towards Ousting

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
All I see is an article based on a comment supposedly uttered by some Syrian official. I see no other information.

What kind of warships?

How many warships?

What is their role?

Ships can't move without being seen. Seems to me if Russian warships were on the move, we'd know more by now. I can't find anything else on it besides Alex Jones' site and Ha Aretz. Anyone else have any more information?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My knee-jerk conspiratorial reaction to this was:

This proves that the global elite are intent on using armed conflict as the key distraction from the popular realization that their actions have little or nothing to do with 'people' and everything to do with their own microcosm of games and competition for power. This is not the first time that a civil unrest situation was used to the advantage of the 'masters' of the world... and unless we call a spade a spade, it will continue to happen again and again.

But then I thought... what leader would possibly admit that such a cautionary message has merit?

More excuses to threaten, maim, kill, destroy.... you can guarantee this (and China) will be used to ensure the continued protection of the financial community's investment in the Military industrial Complex.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Russia has business in Syria also.

Syria has over 12 billion dollars worth of Net Foreign Assets that can be frozen.

(always wondered why these nations that get their assets frozen even have money in other countries in the first place?) It must be part of the leadership's instructions from somebody - transfer the wealth to elsewhere.

Syrian Arab Republic - net foreign assets

article from September 8th, 2011

The Moscow Times stated that the sum of Russian exports to Syria was 1.1 billion dollars in 2010, whereas Russian investments in the country amounted to 19.4 billion dollars in 2009. It can therefore be said that Russia has a lot on the line. The Moscow Times quoted Antoine Medrativ, sales manager for Uralmash drilling Co. that orders and export deals “invested in Syria and implemented for 14 years on the ground in Syria have come to a stop, as if they’ve reached a dead end.” He added that the nature of the company’s business necessitates working with people on the ground, dialogue and negotiation but that the current security situation makes that impossible.

Russia: Billion Dollar Investments at Risk in Syria

from June 2010

Why they shouldn't even consider a joint nuclear project.

When Russian President Dmitry Medvedev was in Damascus recently, he announced the possibility of Russia giving nuclear assistance to Syria. At the joint press conference with Syrian president Bashar Assad he stated that cooperation on atomic energy could get a second chance. At the same time the Russian Energy Minister Sergei Shmatko publicly confirmed rumors related to Moscow's aid to the Syrians in building a nuclear power station.

The move made by the Kremlin should indicate to Washington and the European capitals that Moscow is far from giving up its meddling in the Middle East--a naïve notion circulated in the U.S. capital after Russia agreed to vote for the toothless U.N. sanctions against Iran.

Russia's Risky Business With Syria

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I don't think the EU or US has any appetite or intention in getting involved in Syria - Russia knows this and is just grandstanding so they can act tough!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yup. Keep people in fear and you win every time. We actually like the fear as you can see all that we respond to the most daily
. We love it and feed on it and this is what the global elite harvest out of us. If we didn't like it, wars would not happen. We are just fooling ourselves most of the time.

In conclusion, the biggest payoff is hold out for as long as you can if not indefinitely on WWIII, because that's where fear can be prolonged. It's the lead up to sex that's the most fun. Not the last couple of seconds.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou

In conclusion, the biggest payoff is hold out for as long as you can if not indefinitely on WWIII, because that's where fear can be prolonged. It's the lead up to sex that's the most fun. Not the last couple of seconds.

Lol, thats an interesting analogy you draw there.
WWIII will happen only question is when. It is predicted in the Bible.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You know, I have to admit I have misgivings about this report.

Something tells me that the only people asserting the "intent" behind the warships arrival in Syria are Prison Planet and Haaretz.

Which would tell me that this 'news' has been subjected tot he 'infotainment/propaganda' filter we must always guard against.

Still, there's nothing like populist media to inflame a situation.... and make one - if it doesn't already exist.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country's civil unrest.

www.panarmenian.net...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
What a bunch of hyperbole, if Nato goes into Syria it will be lead by Turkey. Does'nt matter if Russia has a hundred ships in the water Turkey will be going in by land. Just a little bit of independant thought can go a long ways sometimes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey everyone check this VIDEO out, it's pretty neat

Charlie Rose: Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad: Russia's Role in the Region
www.bing.com...

Very interesting

also check this out
www.euronews.net...
edit on 18-11-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Um ... what are these Russians warship going to do to stop a NATO intervention? Russia is part of NATO.

Unless it drops its membership.

Russian warships wont stop NATO if they want to take Assad out of power.

I guarantee you these warships are being followed by a submarine.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Identity Crisis

Originally posted by milkyway12
Russia is part of NATO.

Really? You might want to let Russia and NATO know about that.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

sure NATO is welcome to attack Russian warships in Syria.Do that and Russia will send you and the entire western civilisation to your Rothschild zionist God moloch in 15 minutes.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Source is good but

Video is from 2008

edit on 18-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Um ... what are these Russians warship going to do to stop a NATO intervention? Russia is part of NATO.

Unless it drops its membership.

Russian warships wont stop NATO if they want to take Assad out of power.

I guarantee you these warships are being followed by a submarine.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Actually, Russia is NOT a NATO member.

Russia is part of a spin off called Euro-Atlantic Partnership Council (EAPC) who are "partners".

Russia may be going to Syria as the military role model.

Maybe THEY get into the act, just like the West.

I doubt Russia and the US/UK coalition will be fighting. Too much money involved.

Russia is a big oil exporter.

In contrast, we see many Middle East/North African nations belonging to these other "programs":

see above link.

NATO's Mediterranean Dialogue
Algeria
Egypt
Israel
Jordan
Mauritania
Morocco
Tunisia

Istanbul Cooperation Initiative (ICI)
Bahrain
Qatar
Kuwait
United Arab Emirates

Notice that Syria, Libya, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan and others are NOT involved !

Makes you wonder just WHO the enemies and friends really are.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

like the f-117 which went down in Serbia.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join