<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Source is good but

Video is from 2008
edit on 18-11-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

His point is... They are still there and haven't left + include the recent ones sent.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack

www.prisonplanet.com

Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.

“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,” reports Haaretz.
(visit the link for the full news article)

That won't work.

Our planes could fly into Israel and then change course north to Syria.

BTW, the Russian warships won't see our B-2 Stealth Bombers on their radar.

it would prevent Syria having to deal with a naval blockade Libyian style, and make NATO bombing the port impossible.
it's a chess move to make life difficult for western imperialism.

edit on 18-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: spelling
edit on 18-11-2011 by citizen6511 because: ditto

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Lets not forget Russia future plans
Russian Navy to base warships at Syrian port after 2012

Russia's naval supply and maintenance site near Syria's Mediterranean port of Tartus will be modernized to accommodate heavy warships after 2012, the Russian Navy chief said on Monday. "Tartus will be developed as a naval base. The first stage of development and modernization will be completed in 2012," Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said, adding it could then serve as a base for guided-missile cruisers and even aircraft carriers.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Lets not forget Russia future plans
Russian Navy to base warships at Syrian port after 2012

Russia's naval supply and maintenance site near Syria's Mediterranean port of Tartus will be modernized to accommodate heavy warships after 2012, the Russian Navy chief said on Monday. "Tartus will be developed as a naval base. The first stage of development and modernization will be completed in 2012," Adm. Vladimir Vysotsky said, adding it could then serve as a base for guided-missile cruisers and even aircraft carriers.

en.rian.ru...

Ahh !

Russian military/industrial complex at work.

sounds familiar !

The Soviet-era facility is operated under a 1971 agreement by Russian personnel.

Since 1992 the port has been in disrepair, with only one of its three floating piers operational.

maybe they will bomb it and start over for more money to the contractors.!

does Haliburton have a Russian office ?

edit on Nov-18-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
yea well till i see this on RT or a Mid east news ill take it with a grain of salt www.headlineclicker.com... so far no RT head line rt rt.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

A very interesting point. This and related projects undoubtedly figure into the US/NATO calculus for extending the "Arab Spring" into Syria.

The new "liberated" Syria would be a prize for Turkey, another strategic foothold for NATO, a slap in the face for Russia, a watchtower over Iraq, one less threat for Israel, cut off Hezbollah in Lebanon and be another nail in Iran's coffin.

Whatever the other details may be, all the players in the game of geopolitical chess being waged here no doubt see the same thing.

¡Viva la Revolución!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is nice for everyone to fantasise about this, but the West and NATO will not intervene in Syria in a military capacity. Libya is in North Africa and was a different kettle of fish. Libya is on European borders geographically and politically. Syria is in the Middle East and geographically removed from Europe. Syria is just not a convenient place to get to – going through Turkey and Cyrus would be too complicated. Plus, Syria is politically complicated. It won’t happen. Syria will fall to pieces on its own.

Russia is playing their own game of supporting an unpopular dictatorship and attempt to preserve influence. Unfortunately for Russia, the number of dictatorships with whom they deal is (er) reducing by the year. We should celebrate this trend.

If NATO really wanted to get to Syria, I am afraid a few Russian warships in the Eastern Mediterranean would be no more than an inconvenience.

Come on armchair war mongers. Stop predicting war everywhere.

Regards

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

War is so last century. These days, it's all "popular uprisings" by "oppressed peoples" who "crave freedom".

Why, it's such a hot trend, even people who have no interest in revolution are doing it anyway.

"Spontaneously" of course -- with just a little help (by which we mean "major support") from Freedom-Loving Democracies and their surrogates.

Ain't freedom grand?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I hate to say this but I think all this and all wars anymore are about resources. But I think if we can learn to get stuff from space of use clean energy life will be better for all people on this planet. But you know as well as I that most green energy's are less efficient so not only do we need to find good one's we need to master them. Break out the smart people. peace out...I make comments and I am wrong but I am only human. live it up

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Russian Warships Enter Syrian Waters To Prevent NATO Attack

www.prisonplanet.com

Russian warships have entered Syrian territorial waters in an aggressive move designed to prevent any NATO-led attack on the country under the guise of a “humanitarian intervention”.

“Russian warships are due to arrive at Syrian territorial waters, a Syrian news agency said on Thursday, indicating that the move represented a clear message to the West that Moscow would resist any foreign intervention in the country’s civil unrest,” reports Haaretz.

That won't work.

Our planes could fly into Israel and then change course north to Syria.

BTW, the Russian warships won't see our B-2 Stealth Bombers on their radar.

According to Americans B-2's are undetectable. However...

en.wikipedia.org...

There are theoretical designs to detect them, perhaps one is already made. The Russians have tested some of these theories, have they perfected it? Perhaps...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
USSR the pace keepers? YA for russie.

or are the taking it first?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

It is/was bound to happen
Not Russian warships no, but a Libya-like war powers act to invade Syria

Is Russia trying to stop this?

Personally I strongly doubt Russia is doing this out of the goodness of their hearts
They are part of the UN Security Council made up of the world's largest top arms dealers on the planet.

This is something regarding their interest.
Maybe it has to do with arms trade or knowledge, Russia does share military knowledge at times, except with India, when selling military equipment.

All in all, I think we should stay out of this

www.prisonplanet.com

Russia is going to be next if they don't get out of the way of the american war machine. This train is stopping for no one and anyone that gets in the way is going to get squashed like a bug.

Can you not see what is happening? The U.S. or NATO invades or helps throw rebellions and the muslim brotherhood ends up in power. Ask yourself. Why would america be helping the muslim brotherhood? Why indeed. Every dictator the U.S. has helped get into power over the last 40 years is getting rubbed out. Why? Someone has a secret agenda they aren't making known but you can "know them, by the fruits of their labors" as Yeshua ha Meshiach has said. Actions speak louder than words. Someone running the show makes grand promises and says "yes we can" but welches on his promises. Is Obama the anti-christ? I am starting to wonder. We will know if the 3rd temple gets rebuilt in his term.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Isreal says THEY WILL attack iran, before or a bit after christmas. THIS IS NEW FOLKS. They had also stated that they would give no warning to u.s as to when they do. OBAMMA, blatently asked and got NO ANSWERS.
here we go, peices of the chess board linning up as the QUEEN moves out in the open on the board of chess. The queen, MOTHER RUSSIA. www.youtu.be... This could get ugly.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The Russian Navy has just completed exercises with a NATO member in the Mediterranean.

navaltoday.com...

rusnavy.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is all very interesting to watch unfold. Russia sending a warship into a Syrian port just after the recent developments at the UN is definitely the kind of message no one can miss about how they feel on the matter.

I wonder what happens now? Syria and Iran have a formal military alliance and mutual aid agreements as I understand the situation. So what happens if Iran is attacked...Syria comes in on Iran's side by obligation if not by enthusiastic choice and a Russian flagged warship is sitting in Syrian waters or actually in port at a place Israel or others may not consider Off-Limits because of it's presence?

Anyone else getting a real bad feeling here?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
World War 3 will begin as a regional and/or proxy war in the middle east. What some people fail to comprehend is that it doesn't matter who wins that war because as soon as someone decides to push the button we all lose.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Russia has been infiltrated by a tangled web of Rothschild connected banking and investment interests. Israel could not have prevailed in its War for Independence without the help of Joseph Stalin. Russia is an Israel (Zionist) ally. The relationship is probably more tight and tangled than we know. So what is taking place is very confusing unless you believe the cover story about who is enemies with who. I do not buy any of it. It all just looks like such fiction.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reality Check:

Nixon bombed the crap out of North Vietnam during the 24/7 Christmas bombings in 71 even with plenty of Russian ships anchored offshore.

Having said that, I find this story dubious at best.
edit on 18-11-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The NWO has definately taken a turn with Obama. But that is not to say that the old agenda is not still in place. Perhaps we are rounding the bend. And in regard to the Muslim Brotherhood comment you brought up, Mr Erdogan has been the leader of the Muslim Brotherhood in Turkey...just in case you were not aware that it is bigger than just what the US/NATO has handed them with the phony Arab Spring.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
If civil war brakes out in Syria , Turks will have to secure a safety zone for the refugees in North of Syria .

I don't think Russians are going to attack any one .

I still hope the Regime in Syria comes to it's senses before full scale civil war begins in their country .

It's such a shame , Syrians don't deserve a civil war .

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join