It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I thought Obama's visit was intimidating, with all the security and armoured tank vehicle he traveled around in. I mean, really, how many world leaders travel around like that at such a huge cost. I wonder how much that vehicle is worth? Even the Queen, who was also here recently, didn't have such tight security or a special vehicle to get around in. I don't even think the Pope's vehicle is so high tech. What makes Obama (or any US president) so special as to have such treatment? I say he either 1) is simply trying to intimidate us and give us a show of power, or 2) he has made a lot of powerful enemies and is constantly under threat. Either way, he is still a man, a human being, a mere male full of self importance from a country who's leaders and powers like to flex their muscles and appear to rule the planet. He is replaceable and probably will be next election.

Australia has been diplomatic with it's dealings with China and Indonesia. Rudd appears good at his job. But Americans have had a presence in Australia for many years. If Australia discovers it has huge oil reserves, like the middle east, then I would be worried. Yet again, our minerals are still valuable.......

edit on 18-11-2011 by zenius because: add

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
reply to post by ipsedixit

You'd need to live here a while to understand. And to answer another question, yes we do treat our indonesian/northern friends with a lot of respect.
edit on 18/11/2011 by outsidethesquare because: sp

U.S just signed a big trade deal with Indonesia. Many of the posts in this thread are so out of the loop that they are comical.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by jibeho
Sorry Buddy ,but, apparently Obama Fever as stricken Australian govt. in a bad way. I can only imagine what our fearless leader has in store for these US troops deployed in your country.

JUST SAY NO! to Obama. I don't know what else to say about this new move by Nobama.

Pretty obvious isn't it.

This is the first step in the complete annexation of Australia by the US.

One whici will mean the end of our healthcare system, environmental industry, school system, banking, housing and a whole bunch of other crap that make the US the worthless place to live that it is today..!!

Im not sure why you think the US is "worthless". Its actually the opposite. A nation of 320 million people ranks FOURTH in HDI...has a VAST amount of natural resources, and is easily the richest nation on the planet with a GDP of $15 trillion+. The US also has the worlds best universities, and is without a doubt the most innovative nation on the planet.

Now, with that said, the US is not perfect, and it does have its fair share of issues. And Australia is not about to become the "51st state". In the very unlikely scenario that it actually did become a US state, the standard of living and everything Australia is now, likely wouldn't change at all. I would be totally against this though as it would likely shift US policies further left.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Yet again, our minerals are still valuable.......

Yep, And Red China has their eye on them. That's why 2,500 Marines were sent over there, to just make a statement I would guess. I don't see China making a move on Australia right now because what reason would they have to do it that would paint them as having an excuse to such as the deceiving excuses that our own Government has used to invade places like Iraq.

The fact is, Obama is a madman, but he is controlled by much more powerful madmen. Unfortuantely for us Americans, we have absolutely no say whatsoever about what our Government does because the mass media and their masters, the international banksters, control everything we hear and see. Or atleast they once did.

The freedom of the internet might some day allow us to free ourselves from their chains. However, Obama wants our firearms, just as Australia took them from there own population. If that ever happens, which I doubt it will, then we will never be free again, nor the rest of the World. Nevertheless, If The USA ceases to exist, Red China will Conquer Austrailia and it, and most of the World, will never see such kindness from the Chinese PLA. Some people need to get that through their thick heads because it's the truth. ~SheopleNation
edit on 18-11-2011 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The generalizing of Americans and Australians in this thread makes me sick.

Deny Ignorance, seriously.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
reply to post by ipsedixit

You'd need to live here a while to understand. And to answer another question, yes we do treat our indonesian/northern friends with a lot of respect.
edit on 18/11/2011 by outsidethesquare because: sp

U.S just signed a big trade deal with Indonesia. Many of the posts in this thread are so out of the loop that they are comical.

Are you referring to this?

The US will sell Indonesia 24 F-16 fighters to modernise its air force with aircraft more capable of conducting operations in outermost border regions. These will be refurbished aircraft with a relatively modest $US750 million ($A753 million) price tag.

bigpondnews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Everyone is biased, in some form or another, but the "pre-conceived" notions and labeling should stop. Once and for all.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a saying from WW2 that my grandfather used to
chuckle about, I think it may have originated from England though.

"Bloody Yanks, over paid, over sexed and over here"

On a more serious note, it was only in September last year that the Royal Australian Navy was
on a live fire exercise with China's Navy. It was a privilage for us apparently.

This unique opportunity for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) frigate to participate in a live-fire exercise alongside a People's Liberation Army-Navy Ship the Louyang, has never before been conducted with a western ship.

and

"The RAN welcomes the constructive contributions that the People's Liberation Army (Navy) has made to regional security to date," he said. "Australia is committed to developing strong and positive defence relations with China that help contribute to regional stability."

Australian Department of Defence

And 12 months later we now belive that China is a regional threat that needs to be
neutered by having a strong American presents through out the Pacific.

China is a massive country with a population of 1.3 billion

Their army has over 2 million troops, their whole millitary have 7 million combined.

That does'nt take into account of the national draft scheme they don't use,
that would give them another 40 million!

How do you contain something like that?

If China wanted to rule the world, theres not much stopping them

Welcome to the new cold war

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I actually started the thread because I don't like anyone bullying a mate...

glug glug glug indeed....

The Australian?!?! You will not get an accurate anything from that research, who owns them? seriously....

We have a good trading friendship with China and I for one think this is a good thing.
Having extra American military in this country to continue 'that' friendship is also okay, so long as they don't use this ground to further their bullying techniques, that's not on. Don't bring your fight to our playground, the vast majority of us wont tolerate it.
Maybe we can teach you how to make friends? That would be a good thing surely...

The fact that one poster tried to dig for dirt on us is interesting, you obviously didn't dig hard enough friend. There's a lot of things we have done wrong ourselves, we also try very hard to fix it too.

Interestingly enough saw a doco on ABC about US troops....let's talk about dirt for a sec.

1/3 of your homeless population is made up of ex service men and women....

You have over 200 000 service men and women living on the streets or in homeless shelters...

One gentlemen interviewed (living under a freeway) , who's nearly blind from agent orange, said he would do it all over again given the choice.
What a beautiful proud countryman he is. Even though he's been left to rot after fighting for his country he would do it all over again.
How have you thanked him? How have you respected him? How has he been honored?
How many of your military men and woman have killed themselves after they got home? If the answer to that is more than one, that is too many! and we both know it's a hell of a lot more than one...

You'll want to address that soon though, you're going to have about a million more on their way home soon, since the middle east was a farce to begin with.
Land of the brave
Jarhead

Stop being a puppet for the money men, reclaim your humanity and fix it.

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

When the Chinese come-a-nockin, you will be glad we are there.

Chinese aren't going to come a knocking..!! They have too much capitol invested in Australia to damage their own assets..lol

It is the US that has come a knockin and it is going to be very bad for Australians!!

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Interestingly enough saw a doco on ABC about US troops....let's talk about dirt for a sec. 1/3 of your homeless population is made up of ex service men and women.... You have over 200 000 service men and women living on the streets or in homeless shelters...

oops, ssssshhhh dont tell anyone about the pittance that the SAS boys family"s got when their heli went down and killed them whilst in training, plus many many more i dare not mention, dont be so naive, our government do the same

Anyone know about Tindall Airbase Katherine NT, do you know how many US planes land there and are based they for periods of time, I know, i helped build the housing in the late 80"s

Wal

edit on 19-11-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Any one seen Red Dawn 1984? China may soon experience some similar events.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy

China is a massive country with a population of 1.3 billion

Their army has over 2 million troops, their whole millitary have 7 million combined.

That does'nt take into account of the national draft scheme they don't use,
that would give them another 40 million!

How do you contain something like that?

If China wanted to rule the world, theres not much stopping them

Welcome to the new cold war

I disagree...China could not arm such an army. I suppose if this were the 1500's or earlier, they would steam roll over anyone that stood in their way...However, in todays 21st century, where the Hi-tech trumps the low-tech, they would be easy cannon fodder. The US stand in their way, and even Chinas own generals have said that the Chinese military cannot compete against the US military.

Anyways, I think people forget just how brutal the Chinese truly are. Look at how they treat their own people...Look back at the "great leap forward"....where an estimated 20-40 million chinese starved to death! Look at the current and unsustainable degradation of the environment over there. In California, we are experiencing more acid rain because of China. We even have light dust on our homes and vehicles due to the desertification of arable land in China. They have absolutely no regard for the environment. Which affects us all. China grows today, at the expense of tomorrow.

Also, due to the one child policy in china...they have more men than they do women. Also, seeing how their defense budget has grown quite rapidly over the years, one could deduce that China is up to something. Refurbishing a soviet air craft carrier, and building some of their own speaks pretty clearly as to what they plan. There is only one reason why you build those, and it ain't simply just for show. When you build those, you do so with the intent on using them.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xlb40

I disagree...China could not arm such an army. I suppose if this were the 1500's or earlier, they would steam roll over anyone that stood in their way...However, in todays 21st century, where the Hi-tech trumps the low-tech, they would be easy cannon fodder. The US stand in their way, and even Chinas own generals have said that the Chinese military cannot compete against the US military.

I agree that America has a more potent capability and by now have a very large pool
of combat hardened troops. But I don't think it would'nt take much for China to arm up
they have the industrial might to do it.

China is not backward, don't underestimate them.

The Japanese Imperial Army had 1.7 million in 1941 and over 5 million by 1945.
We all know what happened in 1941 dont we

But back to China

The PLA deploys the world's largest ground force, currently totaling some 1.6 million personnel, or about 70 percent of the PLA's total manpower (2.3 million).

The regular forces of the ground forces consist of 18 Group Armies, which are corps-size combined arms units each with approximately 30,000-65,000 personnel and over 9000 Main Battle Tanks. The group armies contain, according to the International Institute for Strategic Studies's 2006 Military Balance, among them 9 armored divisions, 3 mechanized infantry divisions, 24 motorized infantry divisions, 15 infantry divisions, two amphibious assault divisions, one mechanized infantry brigade, 22 motorized infantry brigades, 12 armored brigades, 7 artillery divisions, 14 artillery brigades, 19 anti-aircraft artillery missile brigades, and 10 army aviation (helicopter) regiments (two training).

According to the Pentagon, China is currently developing kinetic-energy weapons, high-powered lasers, high-powered microwave weapons, particle-beam weapons, and electromagnetic pulse weapons with its increase of military fundings

Wiki

They sound capable enough to me, peace

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by auswally

Interestingly enough saw a doco on ABC about US troops....let's talk about dirt for a sec. 1/3 of your homeless population is made up of ex service men and women.... You have over 200 000 service men and women living on the streets or in homeless shelters...

oops, ssssshhhh dont tell anyone about the pittance that the SAS boys family"s got when their heli went down and killed them whilst in training, plus many many more i dare not mention, dont be so naive, our government do the same

Anyone know about Tindall Airbase Katherine NT, do you know how many US planes land there and are based they for periods of time, I know, i helped build the housing in the late 80"s

Wal

edit on 19-11-2011 by auswally because: (no reason given)

Yes every one knows about Tindall, It's never been too much of a secret.
I already agreed we are not so sparkly either, nothing naive about it.
The point was instead of roaming around muscling every one into doing what you want because you want what they've got, is not going to wash anymore, they need to go home and clean up their own rooms.
Their own people need them.
Enough.
there's nothing humanitarian about the way they work and you know it, their own people know it.
How about some sympathy and looking after your own for a while.
Nothing would make me happier for the American people, and the rest of the world, quite frankly.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Kryties

I do beleive your leader, just bent over and took that giant phallus , in the form of 2,500 jarheads. Hoo-ra!

oh there will be hoo-ra when they go to a top end pub and piss off the locals ... they should visit katherine, nice bars there and very welcoming

Where is that Anti-Septic when you need it HOO-RA!
edit on 20/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/11/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a few ready reckoners

- Australia has no legal government
- the word government means 'control the mind"
-China has a standing army closer to 100 million
-China is probably the world's best hope for preventing a one world govt
-US is broke from warmongering
-What you see on the surface is nothing to what they are doing under it

just a few

gillard has not done one thing in the interest of the Australian public

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weirdguy
I agree that America has a more potent capability and by now have a very large pool
of combat hardened troops. But I don't think it would'nt take much for China to arm up
they have the industrial might to do it.

China is not backward, don't underestimate them.

China is incredibly backward. I bet you bought into the 'China-hype' too.

I wont be too hard on you, however, you should probably look into things a bit more. for instance, Chinas economy. The growth is not sustainable at all. The growth is predicated around fixed investment...which represents/accounts for 60% of Chinas GDP today. In other words, 60% of Chinas GDP today is artificial! 30% of Chinas GDP is based on consumerism...which is actually less than it was in the year 2000. It has been declining year by year. So, to best summarize the Chinese economy...if the US massages economic numbers, the Chinese straight up torture them! Their way too dependent on growth in both exports and fixed investments. In fact, its likely that when the fixed investment stops, China will suffer a deep recession/correction, followed by slow protracted growth for years to come. They are in fact a bubble economy. Look to Japan of the 1980's to see what Im talking about. Its been tried and failed again and again.

The PLA deploys the world's largest ground force, currently totaling some 1.6 million personnel, or about 70 percent of the PLA's total manpower (2.3 million).

China could field a 10 million man army, but it wont do dick if they cannot supply, and resupply them. This is where logistics comes in, and to this day, the US is the only nation to master logistics. To quote a soviet general. "The US invented logistics!"

This is Chinas biggest issue, that and their weapons are not of the best quality.

According to the Pentagon, China is currently developing kinetic-energy weapons, high-powered lasers, high-powered microwave weapons, particle-beam weapons, and electromagnetic pulse weapons with its increase of military fundings

They sound capable enough to me, peace

Really? They "sound" capable enough based upon highly speculative weapons that are being developed?

Or did you mean that they are in the "process" of being "capable" enough? Look, I don't want to get into a pissing contest here, thats not what this thread is about. I also don't want to come off as the blind flag waving American either. Believe me, I know my country has issues. But in regards to the above, the only country to actually field evidence and working prototypes of the above items is America. And for the record, I do not doubt that other countries are working on these systems. However, given Americas financial clout, and ingenuity, I think its suffice to say that America is the one ahead of the curve. And if you want to have your mind blown even further, go over to the DARPA website, its bat # insane the things they are coming up with! totally blows everything we're talking about out of the water!

U.S. Navy Successfully Uses Laser to Shoot Down Drones
www.cbsnews.com...

The USN could have lasers as well as railguns adorning their ships by as early as the 2020's.

Boeing's new laser cannon can melt a hole in a tank from five miles away and 10,000 feet up—and it’s ready to fly this year
www.popsci.com...

There is even talk that as the lasers become smaller and more powerful, they could be fitted on the F22 and F35 for defensive as well as offensive purposes. And these are the weapon systems that they let us know about!

I could go on and on, but I think you get the point. You have to understand that the US pumps so much into these programs...The US military R&D budget alone tops the $80 billion mark. We spend as much (and more) on lasers and other "trinkets" as some nations spend on their entire military's! Also, while the US military budget is quite high ($700 billion) it represents only about 4 to 5% of our GDP.

[e
edit on 20-11-2011 by xlb40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xlb40

I bet you have fallen for the old "China is a push over" routine, have'nt you

Your troops are going to be redeployed from Iraq and Stan and sent to the Pacific because
China is a threat.

Why is China a threat? Because of their size they will only naturaly seek to expand.
And expand they have. How are we supposed to contain them?

China's economy relies strongly on consumers that is true, but it is they who are the
largest manufacturing nation in the world and the largest exporter too. As I stated earlier
it would not take very much effort for them to arm up.

Oh damn it sorry, I need a bit of goose stepping now

Oh man thats better, any how

China has 2.3 million active personel in their military fulltime I imagine their logistics would be a
nightmare any day of the week.

Of course the Americans have much better toys than anyone and I prefer it that way lol

How many years have we been fighting Taliban, something like 11 and still going.

Now imagine a war with an industrial power like China, come on

p.s. Are'nt you guys, Bankrupt? Financially I mean

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
cool video, I wonder why we didn't get to hear any of their horns.

I really don't see what the big fuss is. This actually seems kind of normal to me. How could it not make sense to offer security to an ally over actually being in hostile areas? I think people think the US was just chaffing at the bit to do this... what kinda bullmalarky....???
No matter how they try to paint this... even china or australia or O himself, the Australian government has greenlighted this, How could you think it any other way? They clearly had pre-existing concerns about something over there and wouldn't they know first?... It IS their side of the damn world. You say we are manipulating them about stuff going on in their own back yard.... and none of us even know who is who yet. We might be cool with china, we might not wanna look too cool with china.... who the hell knows what by what you are seeing here?

IF THERE IS ANY SPYING GOING ON OVER THERE IT'S PROBABLY AUSTRALIAN OWNED SATELLITES SO WHAT GIVES ABOUT THIS BEING OUR DAMN IDEA?

You think you aint got your own Intel? You must not think to much of your government.
edit on 21-11-2011 by BlackSatinDancer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join