It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's it! We're done! PM Bends OVER for Obama!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by steveknows
you mean the French who saved your arse in the American war of independents? See Aussies will always get ttrough with or without your helpand this thing up north is no different.

Do the french have written on the walls of their classrooms "Remember the U.S"? Because they've sure as hell got "Remember Australia". There's streets and all remembering Australia.

It's ok. You can research it knowledge won't bite. Actually it does appears to be biting you pretty hard.

There is a town in France somewhere (I cannot remember the name of it) that celebrates Australia Day on the 26th of January along with us Aussies - in remembrance and in celebration of the help that we Aussies provided them in WW1 and 2. They display Australian flags all over town throughout the year and have a special museum all set up in the Aussie Diggers honour.

EDIT: Found it, it's called Villers-Bretonneux.

www.ww1westernfront.gov.au...

Just over a year after that famous 1918 Anzac Day when the AIF entered the town, on France’s national day, 14 July 1919, the people of Villers–Bretonneux showed their gratitude. A special plaque, now in the Australian War Memorial’s Western Front Gallery, was unveiled and presented to the members of an Australian Graves Detachment which was still working at Villers–Bretonneux. In handing over the plaque the mayor spoke of the now firm connection between his town and that distant continent which few of its inhabitants had ever seen:

The first inhabitants of Villers–Bretonneux to re–establish themselves in the ruins of what was once a flourishing little town have, by means of donations, shown a desire to thank the valorous Australian Armies, who with the spontaneous enthusiasm and characteristic dash of their race, in a few hours chased an enemy ten times their number … Soldiers of Australia, whose brothers lie here in French soil, be assured that your memory will always be kept alive, and that the burial places of your dead will always be respected and cared for.

Read more HERE....

au.news.yahoo.com...

French town grateful to our diggers

It is not quite what you would expect to see while driving into a town in northern France: a red kangaroo.

But there it is, on a hand-painted green and gold sign, alongside bold lettering: Anzac Day 25 Avril.

Further into Villers-Bretonneux and the Australian theme grows.

On Rue De Melbourne, Australian flags decorate tables at Le Melbourne bar.

Barmaid Pommier Vanessa points proudly to a football sitting behind the bar.

A leaflet on a table helps explain.

It details a program of events leading up to Anzac Day.

Among them was a football game that took place yesterday at the "Stade de Footy".

A five-minute drive reveals the "Stade" to be a patch of grass wedged between the billowing crops of green or vivid yellow which stretch into the distance.

Stretching up above them not far away is an imposing and sombre stone tower where the finale to the list of events will take place.

The Anzac Day dawn service.

The tower watches over the memorial to about 11,000 Australians who died in France during World War I and who have no known grave. Below it, among the immaculate lawns and garden beds, are rows of headstones.

The Diggers paid a high price as they recaptured Villers-Bretonneux from the German army on April 24 and 25, 1918. And while for some years Gallipoli has been the focus of Anzac Day pilgrimages, interest in the Western Front battle sites is growing.

Read more HERE....

edit on 18/11/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Yes Villers-Bretonneux

The poms tried to claim their victory as we were commonwealth but the french told them to piss of as they were there and knew what happened.

a street named in Aussie honour.

French civilians about to return to their homes with Aussie soldiers who fought for them.

Memorial tablet presented by the inhabitants of Villers–Bretonneux in remembrance of the Australian soldiers who were killed in the defence of the town in April 1918.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Why is it that the Aussie posts which had the word p---k in it have been removed but the yanky posts with p---k are still up?

Even though the yank posts were calling us p---ks and our posts were refering to them calling us p---ks

I guess the home truths really did hit home.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Planks?

I know there is a joke in there somewhere, I'm struggling to find it though.......lol.......

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Why is it that the Aussie posts which had the word p---k in it have been removed but the yanky posts with p---k are still up?

Even though the yank posts were calling us p---ks and our posts were refering to them calling us p---ks

No, steve, you actually made our relations with the nice people of America worse, although I'm sure you don't think that, but it's time to move on.

Sometimes you sound like a naughty teenager, other times you sound like a bombastic old man stuck in a time warp.
See? Insult nicely if you must insult at all, and name calling is rarely necessary as I've told you before.
You are an enigmatic contradiction

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burgo1010

Originally posted by miconATSrender

Originally posted by Burgo1010
.. and we have free medicare

Who pays for your free medical care there?
Would it be taxpayers? Like here?
Most of us want to pay our own way.
I personally do, I would feel like a rat bastard if I stole from others to pay my way.
I never did understand the idea that is good to steal from someone and then act all generous by giving it to others.

I served my country in the R.A.N and paid my share in tax to .... cheers big ears ... not stealing unless its a junkie, we don't think like ya'll

Don't worry bout it. This guy obviously doesn't understand anything about national healthcare coming from where he comes from. He doesn't understaand that the reason the U.S can send super carriers anywhere in the world is because Americans are dying of easy to treat illness and are starving. He doesn't understand that Australia not only has the most advanced anti missile defence system in the world that America needs but that we could do it and also have national healthcare.

He just won't get it. He's been raised to not join the dots.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
Sometimes you sound like a naughty teenager, other times you sound like a bombastic old man stuck in a time warp.

That's the difference between V.B. and Crown Lager.....

****Ducks*****

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

No, steve, you actually made our relations with the nice people of America worse, although I'm sure you don't think that, but it's time to move on.

See? Insult nicely if you must insult at all, and name calling is rarely necessary as I've told you before.

Well you obviously don't mind people having a go at your country but I do. Perhaps you should take Aussie out of your profile name there. They started it and YOU know it.

BTW. have you actually reflected on your posts? Most likely not.

No. I know what it is. You've never served your country, You're one of those takers who don't give.
edit on 18-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Whoa guys, now now - we are all Aussies here, no need to get nasty....

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Planks?

I know there is a joke in there somewhere, I'm struggling to find it though.......lol.......

Yep that's it

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Whoa guys, now now - we are all Aussies here, no need to get nasty....

No she's not. Aussie is a concept and she obvioulsy doesn't get it

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

That's the difference between V.B. and Crown Lager.....

****Ducks*****

No. that's the difference between top shelf burbs and the stuff I love which incidentally comes form America.
Beer?!
wtf?!

on a sobering note....this thread now is not helping anyone

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

I really did not think you all did. Neither do I , but I can lump you all together if you all can do it to us. And no we have no say in our Gov any more. It's been hijacked by Israel.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

You do not need to explain anything to me. You are a twit, plain & simple. And your right it's a cultural thing, I have some, YOU dont.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

Please let's not start with the name-calling again. As you will note, a mod virtually decimated a few pages with Off Topic and T&C Violations because of name-calling.......let's not go there again.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I do beleive your leader, just bent over and took that giant phallus , in the form of 2,500 jarheads. Hoo-ra!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Kryties, are you the only Aussie with sound sense? I did not call you anything, I called steve a twit. Because he is. A waste of my tax dollars, and resented by your people.. so why are the Marines there?

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Just can't help yourself, can you.....

D I L L I G A F.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry if I offened any of you Proud Australian folks. It was not my intention, it turned out that way, but was not intended. I think we all can agree the Marines in your country is a bad idea, and a waste of American tax dollars.

Do we all agree on that? Both of our Governments are just sad, sorry excuse's for leaders.. so with my heart felt apology. I'm sorry to those I offended. All except steveknows, he's a twit.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

You so almost got it right.....

I agree with all but the last statement. Mate, sometimes you just have to let things go as they go nowhere and only serve to provide division where no division should be had.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Well you obviously don't mind people having a go at your country but I do. Perhaps you should take Aussie out of your profile name there. They started it and YOU know it.

BTW. have you actually reflected on your posts? Most likely not.

No. I know what it is. You've never served your country, You're one of those takers who don't give.
edit on 18-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

Those little edit buttons are friend and foe it would seem, sneaky little steve.

Says the Gold Coast.....? what?

No I didn't, but I should have, it seems that would give me authority to be as unfocused as you are right now and make me feel worth enough to forum bash 'less civilized general' population
Did you?
That actually could explain the enigma, I'm so sorry.
For your information steve, MY kids get 3 choices
stay in school
get an apprenticeship
or join our military,
THAT kind of 'foundation' of discipline never goes astray.
It's when you start twisting a good thing into something ugly, that people suffer as they are right now.

peace always to you steve, I hope you utilize the assistance this country has to offer. Don't take it as your due, be grateful. If you were anywhere else it might not happen at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join