It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Special Forces Storm Russian School After Explosives Detonated

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesaint
I dont care what anyone says russian or not the russian forces are a complete waste of time and totaly unprofessional. Take a look at the link below of pictures of the siege the soldiers are badly equipped and poor at the role. I know that both the US and UK special forces could have dealt with this a lot better and saved a lot more lives. I speak from many years experience in this kinda field believe me i know what i am talking about. I mean for one how did the gunmen break out and manage to go on the run did the special forces not have any cut off groups on the perimeter of the theatre of action. Who the hell decided to let locals join in and use their own weapons what a complete joke. I dont agree with any one who backs the russian armed forces and even more so the russian intelligence i mean did no one notice all the gunmen moving arms and doing recces of the school. What a load of bollocks. The reason why it happens in russia is that these people know they could not pull this kinda thing off in the UK or US. Pull your finger out russia and deal with it. A country that used to be so big and powerful is now becoming a complete pushover. And before the muslim communitys starting shouting how bad this is and how bad this makes them all look then tough F**ck cos yes it makes you all look bad we have heard your apologies too many times.

This is just a bunch of crap.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I dont care what anyone says russian or not the russian forces are a complete waste of time and totaly unprofessional. Take a look at the link below of pictures of the siege the soldiers are badly equipped and poor at the role. I know that both the US and UK special forces could have dealt with this a lot better and saved a lot more lives. I speak from many years experience in this kinda field believe me i know what i am talking about. I mean for one how did the gunmen break out and manage to go on the run did the special forces not have any cut off groups on the perimeter of the theatre of action. Who the hell decided to let locals join in and use their own weapons what a complete joke. I dont agree with any one who backs the russian armed forces and even more so the russian intelligence i mean did no one notice all the gunmen moving arms and doing recces of the school. What a load of bollocks. The reason why it happens in russia is that these people know they could not pull this kinda thing off in the UK or US. Pull your finger out russia and deal with it. A country that used to be so big and powerful is now becoming a complete pushover. And before the muslim communitys starting shouting how bad this is and how bad this makes them all look then tough F**ck cos yes it makes you all look bad we have heard your apologies too many times.

russia also doesn't throw all of it's money into defense. Look at the current economical state between russia and the US and UK. they are still trying to build back up after the fall, but i'm sure one day they will again be a major player in world actions.

i would also like to see the US and UK be in this situation and come out with less causualties. for all of the money the US puts into defense and intelligence they still let two of there own commerical planes be flown into the biggest trade center they have. that is being a pushover.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Gryffen

godsent:
Who could predict the floor collapsing? I think Putin did what he had to do.

Is it confirmed that the russians started firing first?

What

I was talking about when they stormed the school. Didn't the floor collapse? What do you mean by "Is it confirmed that the Russians started firing first?

I was just stating that I feel that Putin and authorities did what they had to do - If they did nothing and waited it out, it probably would have ended even more tragically.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

what do you think a nuclear bomb will do?

Destroy Chechnya.

Nuclear bombs won't 'destroy chechnya'. The will destroy some of the cities, and everything will go on just as it is right now.

Godsent - I thought you were saying 'how could the russians know that their firing would cause the roof to collapse'. My misunderstanding.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A stroing enough one will. If i were the president of Russia therewould be no chechnya by now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Load of crap my arse mate. I have spent the whole of my adult life in the armed forces and intelligence services so dont waste my time telling me im a load of crap. Unless you got some experience then shut the F**k up. You civillians believe everything thats on television i have just been reading the last 8 pages of this thread to confirm this. There is a lot more going on in the world than what you see on that little box in your living room beleive me. How do i know this ? one word. EXPERIENCE.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Is this part of the "safer world" we are supposedly now living in?

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Load of crap my arse mate. I have spent the whole of my adult life in the armed forces and intelligence services so dont waste my time telling me im a load of crap. Unless you got some experience then shut the F**k up. You civillians believe everything thats on television i have just been reading the last 8 pages of this thread to confirm this. There is a lot more going on in the world than what you see on that little box in your living room beleive me. How do i know this ? one word. EXPERIENCE.

I myself am not speaking out of experience, just out of emotion for the children and their families. Experience or not, justifiable in the terrorists eyes or not, they are still innocent children and innocent people. Oh, I don't watch the television - but thanks anyway for the assumption. I don't trust the media and I don't want to be sucked into a fantasy world like many people are.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

A stroing enough one will. If i were the president of Russia therewould be no chechnya by now.

No, a strong enough nuclear bomb will not destroy all of chechyna. Thats just not how nuclear bombs work. They don't destroy countries at a single shot. There was an analysis a while ago about one hitting Manhattan. It doesn't even destroy all of manhattan island, let along the rest of the cities bouroughs. Several woudl be needed to 'destroy' manhattan. Hundreds would be needed to 'destroy' the cities in Chechyna, and even still that is saying nothing about the country side

koji:

So, terrorists attack a school in russia and its bush's fault? Things are going to get a lot worse than this before its all over.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

No, a strong enough nuclear bomb will not destroy all of chechyna. Thats just not how nuclear bombs work. They don't destroy countries at a single shot. There was an analysis a while ago about one hitting Manhattan. It doesn't even destroy all of manhattan island, let along the rest of the cities bouroughs. Several woudl be needed to 'destroy' manhattan. Hundreds would be needed to 'destroy' the cities in Chechyna, and even still that is saying nothing about the country side

koji:

So, terrorists attack a school in russia and its bush's fault? Things are going to get a lot worse than this before its all over.

of course it's not bush's fault. it just doesn't seem like a safer world to me, no matter what bush says.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
any more updates or offical word on any remaining terrorists?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I bet I saw more photographs of the standoff and many of the troops you see are indeed no specops but regular army or local enforcement. I did notice that the latter were "dressed casually". The real specops were decked up as they should... There weren't too many pictures of those because they were in positions too close to the school and unsafe for the photographers, and I'm sure some of the photogrpahy was banned (just like during the theater siege). So what you see mostly is the far out perimeter of the event.

One explanation why the terrortists broke out is that they were effectively running out within a crowd of hostages and thus taking them out would have been risky. Most of the criminals escaped were immediately located in the neighborhood.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just read in the Russian news that the locals gunned down one of the terrorists who was trying to melt into the crowd. So I would say having armed locals there was necessary a bad idea. Here's your "cutoff group".

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
People get one thing straight! The children of the Chechens will grow up as terrorists too! So kill them all!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
People get one thing straight! The children of the Chechens will grow up as terrorists too! So kill them all!

Ignore this guy, he's understandibly deranged right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Aelita, grow up dont give me the "heres your cut off group". should normal everyday civillians have to be relied upon as special forces cut off groups i dont think so. What a decision to allow civillians within the theatre of action wheather they killed someone or not if there was no civillians in the cordon the terroist would not have had a crowd to even try and melt into in the first place. Please people be real. And yes i do care an awful lot about those children and their families.

TPL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Not all Chechens are terrorists and neither will all the children grow up to become terrorists.
Not all Chechens want independence from Russia.
Would you kill all because of the few?

If thats the case there all nations on earth would have to be destroyed because most nations have terrorists, even the United States.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by TPL]

TPL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
I bet I saw more photographs of the standoff and many of the troops you see are indeed no specops but regular army or local enforcement. I did notice that the latter were "dressed casually".
[edit on 3-9-2004 by Aelita]

Remember local citizens were also taking up arms, which slowed down the Russian forces. It was hard for them to disguingish friend from foe at distance.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It seams you believe in the pictures you see, why should we not believe?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I agree with thesaint on this one, even though it would be very tempting for civilians to take up arms and hunt the terrorists it'll only endanger their lives.

Why risk your own life when you have special forces, police and military units trained and properly equipped to deal with such an incident. Some may criticize how it was handled but at the end of the day such matters should ONLY be dealt by trained and properly equipped personnel, not a mob of angry civilians with guns who may injure themselves and those around them.

Leave it to the professionals i say.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join