It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Special Forces Storm Russian School After Explosives Detonated

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The head hostage taker could still be inside, Russian troops are fighting to free hostages still being held, At least 3 militans are blockaded in the celer of the school. and the gun men split inti 3 groups and mixed with the hostages. im still updateing all this in my first post as new information comes in Btw.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just having some thoughts here:

Correspondents say the day's events have taken Moscow by surprise.

There is confusion over what sparked the operation, which was unplanned.

The BBC's Humphrey Hawksley in Moscow says there has been a wall of silence from President Vladimir Putin and his government.

Meanwhile, the US White House condemned the hostage-taking as "barbaric" and blamed the hostage-takers for the lives lost during the storming of the school.

1: Yeah surpise cause the leaders of the situation took charge and screwed it up YET AGAIN! *2 outta 2 aint bad*

2: Confusion..what confusion? They had time to come up with a plan involve other agencies and help from diffrent people..did they...noooo...what did it get them...body bags.

3: No comment from Vlad Putin...big suprise..he screwed up and he knows hes gonna have to pay for it...serves him right!

4: US...trying to get the heat off themselves and make sure they can help with Putin in debt to them.

Think they proved a point here...Russian military COM sucks big style...full of gung-ho..wiseguys!

well...theyre kids paid for it..hope there happy.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
BBC

'Finished off'

Fellow hostage Zalina Dzandarova, 27, said two women suicide bombers had blown themselves up in a corridor of the school on the first day of the siege, killing some male hostages.

"The men terrorists told us afterwards that their sisters had conquered," she said.

Speaking to Russia's Kommersant newspaper, she supported Mrs Gadzhinova's figure of 1,500 hostages and added that there seemed to have been about 30 gunmen.

Ms Dzandarova said the gunmen had shot dead at least 20 people on the first day of the siege.

They killed those who had been wounded during the invasion of the school and also killed any men who tried to resist them, she said.

"Some of the wounded were taken out of the gym and finished off right in the corridor," the former hostage added.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
If he had bargined with them. They would just do it again.
This way, no bargin all terrorists get a bullet in their heads. Most unlikely to happen again.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Did any of the brits see the coverage that ITV News had when they broke into ITV1?

Fantastic!

They had a guy inside the school who was able to get all the info hours before anyone else could confirm it!

Now thats journalism.

But, did anyone of us expect a peaceful resolution to this crisis? I've been prepared for days to see the "hundreds dead" headlines.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
hmm...yeah hello nerdling..what u think i been saying?

Seen this happen on more than one occasion and all times have ended badly...ALL involving Russian troops to an extent.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This morning on MSNBC they said some of the hostage takers were reported to be Arab, don't know if that's true but if so, maybe Al Queda and the Chechen's are starting to work together more closely now. Hundreds dead, I guess we knew this would happen, but they will pay, I'm sure Russia will not hold back now that children have been killed.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i certainly hope putin will take the gloves off now that the russia public understands what putin wants to do. i dont' understand this whole 'putin blew it again' thing. he could have fought harder against the chechins of course, but if this same situation happened here i'm sure the headlines would read about the same. this is a terrible incident in which it is rare to have just a few causulaties.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Strigoi]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
ITAR-TASS: 646 Hostages wounded...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
i certainly hope putin will take the gloves off now that the russia public understands what putin wants to do. i dont' understand this whole 'putin blew it again' thing. he could have fought harder against the chechins of course, but if this same situation happened here i'm sure the headlines would read about the same. this is a terrible incident in which it is rare to have just a few causulaties.

From what I understand, if the floor didn't collapse there would have been fewer injuries. Who could predict the floor collapsing? I think Putin did what he had to do. I strongly believe that the terrorists would have killed far more. For anyone to take innocent children hostage in the first place would have the tendancies to kill them off without remorse, regardless. We are lucky that there are any survivors. Like I said before, my heart goes out to the families. This is definately going to leave a permanent bitter taste in the mouths of the families - but I also think that Putin will act very soon.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Russia will strike back hard against Chechnya,
but they have no idea where these (sleeper) cells are located at all.
Which faction, tribe, ethnicity ect.

Sanc'.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
THESE PEOPLE DONT DESRVE TO LIVE! THOSE BASTARDS HAVE KILLED OVER 150 PEOPLE ALREADY! THEY DESEVRE TO BURN IN HELL!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanctum

Sanc'.

They should just drop a small nuclear weapon on those fags! They fought with them for 10 years already! Thousands of people died! Just drop a nuclearweapon there they desevre to be killed!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

after chechnya gets crushed these terrorist will learn that you don't mess with the two biggest countries in the world. i think it is time putin and the US pres need to get together and launch a massive offensive against chechnya.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Sanc'.

They should just drop a small nuclear weapon on those fags! They fought with them for 10 years already! Thousands of people died! Just drop a nuclearweapon there they desevre to be killed!

that is definetly uncalled for.

Terrorist are still holding some hostages.
60 bodies have been identified, 20 Arab's.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673

Sanc'.

But i think the last place 'hard-core extremists' who want to carry out these acts of brutality
would be is Chechnya. Who knows

Sanc'.

ExD

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
First of all, sorry for my terrible english, I'm russian.
Stop f***ing brains, FSB did everything to prevent such occasions, but we already know this tactics, they drag out and then kills all hostages, such terrorist acts are highly effective and gives much impression on people and much money for organizers. When you say that we are not ready for this - you're wrong(or you think we teleported ALPHA group to that location?), but we all prayed that negotiations will be successful, unfortunately they started to kill hostages and blow first bomb, after that there is no way back. End of story. If you think that western special forces would be better - you are probably wrong - they haven't experience in real operations, training is good enough in several western countries, but real experience is a big thing, anyway we can compare efficiency of such actions in real operations, I hope that you don't get such experience and terrorists never take your people and children as hostages. And don't call them rebels - they are terrorists, rebels fight with army, not with children or civilians. Chechnya choose it's future as the part of Russia at elections, they vote for peace, freedom from fear, kidnapping, and murders - if you don't know what their "president" and his "rebels" did after first chechen campaign, you probably don't understand what i'm talking about.

Again, sorry for my english, i don't have much experience in this language. Let's pray for children that died and their parents.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
update

* 3 militens inside caught and killed

* still possible hostages in side

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
hey, your English is fine Exd.

The Russians did mess up in the fact that the exclusion zone was only 100m. It should have been 1 or 2k with only armed forces, medical staff and journalists in there. That would have stopped a lot of confusion and would have lessened the chances of anyone escaping.

However I do not think there is much they could have done with the deaths as the gym roof was blown up.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
IM not sure if this has been said yet but a child was on the news and said that a ceiling bomb may have fell from the gym ceiling. She said that the tape holiding it up started to peel....

A.P are reporting that Two militents may still be on the run

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join