It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Special Forces Storm Russian School After Explosives Detonated

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:
TPL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer
hey, your English is fine Exd.

The Russians did mess up in the fact that the exclusion zone was only 100m. It should have been 1 or 2k with only armed forces, medical staff and journalists in there. That would have stopped a lot of confusion and would have lessened the chances of anyone escaping.

However I do not think there is much they could have done with the deaths as the gym roof was blown up.

I agree, one other thing i noticed was the apparent lack of communication, very few of the soldiers appeared to have radio's. Politically Putin did what he had to do, keep the situation calm for as long as possible.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think Russia's special forces did the right thing. It has already been reported how the terrorists had killed some people before this explosion went off. Not to mention the amount of booby traps and mines! This Al-Queda/Chechen rebel terrorist group didn't go in to negotiate, they took over the school so they could kill people. This is nothing more than about hate and revenge and no other "plan" was going to avoid the killing. I'm proud of the men and others that knew this and died fighting the terrorists on the day they took over the school.The "demands" of the terrorists are nothing more than a ploy to give some legitamcy to their killing of those they hate.

As always WHERE IS THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY OUTRAGE! I don't care if all the Arab leaders in the world have to buy TV advertising saying "Disgusting and not a true Muslim"...They need to speak up! They are responsible now because they have to say VERY LOUDLY this act is WRONG! The world is starting to hate you and will destroy you or take your freedom...do you not see you need to help put an end to this madness?

Killing and torturing children?...That truly is a sure ticket to one of the darkest places in the spiritual world. If that's true Islam, then Islam needs to be destroyed. Sick.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
that is definetly uncalled for.

Terrorist are still holding some hostages.
60 bodies have been identified, 20 Arab's.

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Strigoi]

What are you talking about!? I said drop a nuclear bomb oon Chechnya! Those bastards have been killing Russians for years! What has everyone forgotten what they did during the late 90's!? Those bastards blew up homes, where people lived at night! Killing thousands! They blew up homes in Uzbekistan also killed people! I remember it cause i lived in Uzbekistan at the time and watched the news! They tormented people enough! Just drop a nuclear bomb there!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Latest updates .

*2 militants on the run
*3 militants who were in hiding have been shot and killed,
*79 bodies have been identified
*646 people have been hospitalised
*1,200 hostage may have been held
*70%of thre hostages where children

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Good! they killed those 3 militants
! Hope theyre burning in hell for what they did! those damn bastards!
Hope the other two will be killed also!

[edit on 3-9-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
update

reports are coming in that 3 have been caught alive!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
i agree with you on that part AD5673, i was reffering to you calling them 'fags' i don't quite understand that part. maybe they are, i have just grown to be 'politically correct' on message boards haha

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
update

reports are coming in that 3 have been caught alive!

huh? What are you talking about Asala?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The military have just made a statement:

All militents have been killed or captured

AD5673- believe me its changing every second, im just reading out any news flashes that appear as it happens,

[edit on 3-9-2004 by asala]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Good!!
! Hopefully they will be killed!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph

shame everybody only speaks about terrorists and dont consider the fact that these people took over that school because they feel they have no other way. If your kids are being killed by rusian soldiers just out of fun, and that already for years now then you might just do the same. dont get me wrong, this is not the good way, but he tell me how can one do it different, just ask putin to leave ?? Nah right....

Whatever the Chechens have suffered there is NO WAY you can justify holding innocent children hostage and executing them??
So in years to come these children will be psychologically tainted by the event and will grow up to hate the Chechens, so the everything comes full circle.

The problem is that both Russia and Chechnya have blood on their hands, this has just taken it to another level.

I empathise with the Chechens plight for indepencence and freedom from Mother Russia, but to have committed these disgusting acts of terror and babarity it has clearly spoiled any favourable image of the Chechen independence movement.

Even though i believe these extremists are fighting for more than Chechen freedom, and were not acting under orders from the true Chechen nationalists they have truly made it worse for the whole of Chechnya.

These are not the acts of freedom fighters but terrorists.

Yoy need to be more careful what you say in the future.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Flyboy211]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
A bomb expert is backing up the report that bombs attached to basketball hoops fell when tape became un stuck, causing the beginning of this situation

TPL

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala

A bomb expert is backing up the report that bombs attached to basketball hoops fell when tape became un stuck, causing the beginning of this situation

I find it astonishing that a loose peice of tape set off the terrible chain of events.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   

shame everybody only speaks about terrorists and dont consider the fact that these people took over that school because they feel they have no other way. If your kids are being killed by rusian soldiers just out of fun, and that already for years now then you might just do the same. dont get me wrong, this is not the good way, but he tell me how can one do it different, just ask putin to leave ?? Nah right....

What are you talking about!? Dont you remember when in the late 90's when those bastards killed people in their homes at night!! Those bastards just started fighting Russians! They should be alll killed! Drop a nuclear weapon on Chechnya!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flyboy211

These are not the acts of freedom fighters but terrorists.

Yoy need to be more careful what you say in the future.

[edit on 3/9/04 by Flyboy211]

I totally agree. True freedom fighters sacrafice themselves for the cause, not innocent chidlren.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
1: Yeah surpise cause the leaders of the situation took charge and screwed it up YET AGAIN! *2 outta 2 aint bad*

What did they do wrong?

2: Confusion..what confusion? They had time to come up with a plan involve other agencies and help from diffrent people..did they...noooo...what did it get them...body bags.

What agencies? These people took children hostage and threatened to murder them if their demands weren't met, and the russians aren't leaving chechyna, so what other agencies do you think should've been there? The news reports are saying that the figthing started even tho the Rus and terr had a deal to let some people out. The reports also say the fighting started after 2 explosions, and the wintesses are saying that the terrorists had bombs and had blown some of them up (different day for that account). So what were the russians supposed to do when those explosions went off?

3: No comment from Vlad Putin...big suprise..he screwed up and he knows hes gonna have to pay for it...serves him right!

Serves him right? Children, children were killed. No comment? Its going on right now, what sort of comment do you think he needs to make?

4: US...trying to get the heat off themselves and make sure they can help with Putin in debt to them.

What heat? The US has nothing to do with whats going on there.

27jd:
maybe Al Queda and the Chechen's are starting to work together more closely now

They've been catching al-qaida members in chechnya for a while now no? The chechyn rebels are muslims, and al-qaida has backed them for a while. It makes me curious as to why the russians didn't participate in an invasion of iraq, thru chechyna and armenia and into iraq.

godsent:
Who could predict the floor collapsing? I think Putin did what he had to do.

Is it confirmed that the russians started firing first?

ad5673:
Just drop a nuclearweapon there they desevre to be killed

How is a nuke going to fix anything? A nuke won't 'kill them all' in the first place, and obviously there is no sense in murdering thousands of innocent people just because there are terrorists there.

strigoi:
i think it is time putin and the US pres need to get together

Since the ruskies were selling equipment to the iraqis, perhaps instead the US could sell some f-15s and tanks to the chechyans?

But i think the last place[...]would be is Chechnya.

These are chechyan seperatists, why wouldn't they be there? THey've been fighting the Rus there for a while now.

boogie:WHERE IS THE MUSLIM COMMUNITY OUTRAGE

Its going on right now, how much of a reaction do you expect there to be?

josuph
shame everybody only speaks about terrorists and dont consider the fact that these people took over that school because they feel they have no other way

Shame on you for justifying the murder of innocent people and children.

TPL
I find it astonishing that a loose peice of tape set off the terrible chain of events.

I had thought that the idea was the the tape will fall, blow it up, and let the terrorists be in another part of the building when it did?

AD5673, I am really curious, what do you think a nuclear bomb will do? It will destroy a, some, or all, cities. Do all chechyn terrorists live in cities? In chechyna?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
good post nygdan, but the US also sold weapons to iraq, so i don't think they could be too hypocritical. expecially when faced with this problem that is now a worldwide problem

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We had a discussion about this very topic a few days ago in the context of hitting a childrens hospital. Nothing is more abhorent or shocking as an attack on children. A debate could be had that the Chechens are entiled to a separte state, but in this wonton act of killing they have crossed then line. I doubt that this will go unanswered by Putin.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I dont care what anyone says russian or not the russian forces are a complete waste of time and totaly unprofessional. Take a look at the link below of pictures of the siege the soldiers are badly equipped and poor at the role. I know that both the US and UK special forces could have dealt with this a lot better and saved a lot more lives. I speak from many years experience in this kinda field believe me i know what i am talking about. I mean for one how did the gunmen break out and manage to go on the run did the special forces not have any cut off groups on the perimeter of the theatre of action. Who the hell decided to let locals join in and use their own weapons what a complete joke. I dont agree with any one who backs the russian armed forces and even more so the russian intelligence i mean did no one notice all the gunmen moving arms and doing recces of the school. What a load of bollocks. The reason why it happens in russia is that these people know they could not pull this kinda thing off in the UK or US. Pull your finger out russia and deal with it. A country that used to be so big and powerful is now becoming a complete pushover. And before the muslim communitys starting shouting how bad this is and how bad this makes them all look then tough F**ck cos yes it makes you all look bad we have heard your apologies too many times.

www.sky.com...

[edit on 3-9-2004 by thesaint]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

AD5673, I am really curious, what do you think a nuclear bomb will do? It will destroy a, some, or all, cities. Do all chechyn terrorists live in cities? In chechyna?

Destroy Chechnya. It will destyor Chechnya. Some live in there, some dont, but they all go there and plan everything from there. You destyor Chechnya, Leave nothing there, youd kill a lot of them.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join