It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinion: Do you guys/gals think that the ETs help make the pyramids?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I think egyptians couldn't of possibly built them unless they had help from a more advanced race.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
i believe more in the levitation by soundwaves theory then the et theory

www.youtube.com...

look at that

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
I believe the Egyptian's built their stone monument, the South Americans built theirs, and the Greek civilization made their massive temples, columns and buildings, The Roman's built their aqueducts, roads and coliseums, modern man built the largest building in the world recently in Dubai. etc. etc.

I say man, made the man-made objects.

Apples and Oranges to compare Greek Temples to the Egyptian Pyramids. I dare you to find me any one or two Greek temples that were built to align up perfectly with the stars of a constellation. Not saying the Greeks were stupid, Archimedes afterall who coined the term "Eureka" when in a bath and came up with a great discovery of water displacement.

Romans built the aqueducts and they are beauty and they definitely looked like they were built by the Romans. I am not convinced that the pyramids were built by the Egyptians, apples and oranges there. The pyramids look more like they were designed and engineered by the Romulans or the Klingons. And put that with the Christopher Dunn "powerplant" hypothesis and you have something that makes the Da Vinci code seem like a can opener. Didn't the Greeks borrow a lot of ideas, especially with their temples, from the Egyptians?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

I just don't agree with that theory but i try to keep a open mind maybe someday this mystery will be solved..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
ET that movie when you click on the link, that was a damaging piece of propaganda that I am just now waking up from.

The proof of aliens are a couple of stupid movies, and StarGate that says aliens came and built the pyramids and left us a stargate.

Once you start seeing Martian Churches (shaped like pyramids) to baptize your child in alien holy water, then you could say we have all gone the way of the dinosaur.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkScheppy

Robert Buval came up with the Orion OCT in 1983 on a camping trip in the Saudi desert. Show me ancient text that the stars were the blueprints instead of a new age theory.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I believe we were much more advanced in the past than we are now. Additionally, humanity has become a less capable species imo.

No question.

I do believe aliens have had a constant effect upon us as a race though.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Right...

Could this not be put to be quite easily....

From a scientific point of view if this was really wanting to be proven or disproven once and for all,

Could we not get a ton of students that are engineers,

Get a lot of skilled workers who are decent with tools,

and the highest percentage of people just to be Ground workers,

Say even a few hundered of all those numbers at best,

Give them materials from the time and get them to prove how much work could be achieved over a set amount of time?

Going on the idea there has to have been a first time starting point for this.

then you can multiply out the possiblity acrross a larger work group and a longer amount of time?

it shouldnt actually be that hard to prove, i bet you could fill the ranks up with volunteers/students needing an asignment and egyptologists withough trying to hard!!

Might need to email the discovery channel

also... i watched a program that suggested fire was used to increase the natural fissures in rock allowing the stone carving to be on already weakened rock!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Nope, I dont believe in ET's beyond our planet with intelligence such as ours or superior. Man built the pyramids back when we were a bit smarter than we are today. They didnt have cranes or diesel engines or helicopters, but they managed to do it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
It is well documented by the egyptians that the Great Pyramid at Giza was built in 22 years.

In order to do that a block would need to be set in place ever 9 seconds.

The truth is in the numbers and math doesnt lie. Those who dont believe that they had outside help clearly do not understand anything about engineering and have no comprehension of mathematics to be able to fully understand the reality of a construction project of this size in the time given.
edit on 11-11-2011 by tigpoppa because: Im awesome!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
so... we have structure so big an so old... "we" the people of this world today with all tech and comps have no capability to accomplish structure like Pyramid of Khafre at Giza in 20 years.... like "they" want us to believe it was build.... something is very wrong here... WHAT? school books? system? rulers? ... where is real truth hide? ...ask those who give U education! ask those who give U religion! ask those who f##k Your life on daily bases!
..the sad think is, that most of U support "them"... those who make U don't know and understand the real reality.... go and pray... cos U have no much else to do... i hope next year will bring some change for this planet...
edit on 11-11-2011 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
From an Egyptian website with ties to the museum on labor forces,

Snippet:

To many, the sheer size of the pyramids made such overestimation seem reasonable. Wieslaw Kozinski, a Polish architect, believed that an average of 25 men were required to transport a block weighing one and one-half tons. Therefore, at a time when Egypt's population was probably no more than one and a half million people, including women and children, he estimated a workforce of 60,000 men outside the construction site and as many as 300,000 inside. Of course, Kozinski believed that the population of Egypt during the early pyramid age to be five to ten million people. Yet modern research has demonstrated that as few as eight to twelve men could have actually pulled a 2.5 ton block over an even, lubricated (by water) surface, and twenty men could have drug such a block up a lubricated gradient from the quarries to the Great Pyramid in as little as 30 minutes.

Even Petrie, one of the first great modern Egyptologists, thought that the huge labor force the Greek historian Herodotus reported (100,000 men) to have been used for the construction of the Great Pyramid was plausible. In his view, which continues to have considerable acceptance by today's Egyptologists, the labor force was drawn mostly from the rural Egyptian population who would work on the monuments during flood season, when they could not work in their fields. It is probably not unreasonable to believe that a few slaves were also involved in this construction work, though to what extent we do not know.

More recent evidence suggests that the ancient Egyptians may have been somewhat more astute builders. In the mid 1980s a French/Egyptian team investigated the Great Pyramid using ultrasound technology. Their efforts revealed that large cavities within the structure had been filled with pure sand. This is referred to as the "chamber method", and could have considerably increased the pace of work. In addition, we also know that the Great Pyramid utilized a rock outcropping as part of its core. These discoveries, as Miroslav Verner notes, made all the careful calculations and estimates concerning how many millions of stone blocks make up the Great Pyramid, and the associated speculations, useless.

Today, while the question of exactly how many men it would have taken to build the Great Pyramid at Giza remains unanswered, we can speculate on certain elements of the workforce. The ancient Egyptians became great labor organizers. Part of the labor force working on the pyramids would have been organized as a crew, perhaps consisting of 2,000 men. This crew was divided into two gangs of 1,000 workers, which in turn was divided into five zaa (in each gang), a term that was translated by the ancient Greeks as "phyloi" or phyle, meaning tribe, group or brotherhood. Each Phyle consisted of about 200 mean.

source: www.touregypt.net...

Numbers don't lie but they can be manipulated.
edit on 11-11-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by radosta
IMO - probably not.
I am open to the idea of more advanced civilizations in the distant past that are lost to history, with some circumstantial evidence left behind.

I agree with your premise that there were ancient civilizations who had an understanding of technology, but also the exploitation of natural process's in particular physics applied to civil engineering. And a lot is now lost. Even during Europe's dark age's it got so bad the vast majority of people even lost the concept of what "money" was. That an arbitrary object like a gold coin, for example would have some intrinsic value and be used to buy other objects of equal value. Barter had in many places reasserted itself and was the only economy that existed for several hundred years. Until the Knights Templar showed up, and they even came up with the concept of what we would call "deposit slips", "letters of credit", etc. They got so rich they were targeted by the king of France, and wiped out, but thats another issue.

Clearly there are some carving's that exist at altitudes of over 8,000ft. Above the tree line. And the hardness of the stone and intricate nature indicates advanced skill, but I vote it's much more likely they are human skills long lost then ET's. Consider this: Ever been to the great cathedrals of Europe, built from 1100-1480?.Still a very primitive time but we know who built them, and who controlled the construction. The Catholic church. Using members of stone guilds, (who guarded their techniques jealously) they build huge buildings and lifted huge stones. They did it with an ingenious combination of animal power, weights, pulley's and counter balance structures. All with cranes and t-squares, plum lines and water-levels. Remarkable. But they did it, and we know how because the church was obsessive-compulsive when it came to keeping track of money, who spent it and how. The ancients also knew they were an intimate part of nature, not separate from it. The rise of religious monotheism placed man in one manner as the center of "His" interest. Pity.

And while I don't entirely dismiss the possibility of "ET" contact with the ancients, I have yet to see anything thats beyond the capacity of very clever and creative people. I'm open to any evidence, though it's really amazing to see what some ancient people could do.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
U should watch Ancient Aliens on the history channel it's informative and entertaining.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
My thoughts currently:

We don't know what "ET" really means. Is it extra terrestrial? Extra dimensional? Extra temporal?

The Shamanic Arts, as practiced by ancient man, were capable of bending the mind in profound ways. Could a shaman have come across an "ET" that would be otherwise known as a "spirit being"?

I know that from time to time there are brilliant people put on Earth. Making the pyramids is not beyond mankinds capability, even in ancient times. But the effort is amazing, and inexplicable.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Hm, I think it is very possible, or, the Egyptians had far more advanced technology that was either created by them, or given to them be aliens. I'm sure most of you are all familiar with Edward Leedskalnin's Coral Castle that is built out of ginormous pieces of stone. Edward Leedskalnin's usual reply to anyone who questioned him about the creation was normally that he "understood the laws of weight and leverage well" and that he "discovered the secrets of the pyramids". Some claims are made that he was given the technology to move these massive stones by none other than John Searl of Searl's Levity Disc, and that there was a device that used a form of energy to telepathically move these stones. Of course, these are just claims but fun to think about, no?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I don't think anything ET related "had" to be involved to make them. I believe that they were using a far simpler method than anyone usually thinks of, they poured the blocks like concrete.

I think this makes a ton more sense physically, logistically, economically, especially after this amount of time to come close to a 100% cure they would be almost identical to naturally quarried stone.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IndigoValor
Pyramids can’t possible be built by the Egyptians; first of all, the Pyramid of Giza has about 2300000 stones that each weigh about 40 tons. Archeologists say that the Egyptians shaped those 40 ton stones with copper tools, which is pretty much impossible to get it that shape with copper tools. Second, the Egyptians couldn’t have built those, they worked 3 months out of a year, and when you do your calculations they had to be shaped, transported and placed one 40 ton block every 2 seconds to have it built in 20 years.

Neither humans nor ET's built the pyramids. First of all, ET's are skinny little people who are too weak to do it. Secondly, if humans tried to build them, there'd be 8 guys standing around watching one guy work (think road repair crews), so the job just never would get done. (tongue in cheek!)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
All I know, there is no way I believe the theories archeologist use to explain how the pyramids were built. Until they can duplicate precisely chiseling 40 ton stones by hand that are stacked 13 stories high without the use of a crane, my belief is they had help, or there were civilizations much more advanced that we don't know about.

Carving stone with today's hand tools is no easy task. Let alone believing that these massive stones were shaped so precise, you can't fit a sheet of paper between the joints. What gets me is, were supposed to believe these pyramids were built using hand tools and slaves without any kind of real proof. Yet people have photographed and personally witnessed UFO's, samples of chemical residues have been collected, physical contact has been made, yet UFO's don't exist.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Several years ago I heard a learned man on a TV program explain that the the make up of the blocks in the pyramids was such that it could not be disproved that it was a material that was poured and formed like a cement. I never heard that theory again. I recall there being quarries where the blocks were supposed to be from, but I'd like a definitive yes or no on that cement theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join