It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You do not own your children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You don't own your cat either.
Or your dog. Or iguana or canary or your little goldfish.

What makes you think you own yourself? The government owns you, you haven't even got the right to kill yourself.

Children are children and need guidance. Who owns your children if the parents don't the government?
The children themselves? Or the parent?
The parent is owned anyway by the system.

What comes out of me and my other half is 100% definitely ours until he/she can think for themselves and take care of themselves, and that is the way of life.

Take that away and we're all completely 'owned'.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
thanks captain obvious

can we get topics that are actually interesting started, ATS is getting weak.

this post gives me the same feeling i got walking into the Caesars poker room on a Saturday night to find 3 out of 80 tables being played on.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Of course you "own" your children, they are a by-product of your sexual encounter with another human being which genetically makes them "yours"

With semantics at play here, I question the meaning of the word "own" in the context it's being used. The word "own" implies that a children is similar to a materialistic object which is obviously untrue, no one (in a perfect world at least) is "owned" by anyone.

However, a child's parent has produced them and hopefully will strive to provide and care for that kid as much as they possibly can. It's not a case of ownership, it's a case of creating your own life, carrying on your bloodline and hopefully doing your best.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
1. Brainwash your children - let them choose their own way in this world.

Ok so the TV, movies, music, MSM...that's a normal brainwash but now, I shouldn't brainwash them?

I'm gonna brainwash my kids all the way in being good persons that care for the world around them as much has I want.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I think Charolotte Iserbyt makes more points better about my drift.

The mentality that the globalists have infested the world with and imprinted wholesale on the educational system

and the media

is smack in the middle of the values put forward as fitting and advisable etc. for children . . . to wit . . .

1. for parents to BE FORCABLY PREVENTED from transmitting parental values to their children;

2. for children to be allowed to grow up and engage in THE LORD OF THE FLIES at will and with GAY abandon, if that's what tickles their fancies or thrills their blood lust. Wonderful. Don't stifle their creativity however evil and destructive.

3. for the family system to be shredded, destroyed--the major strength and support for society and culture for millenia is being systematically shredded and destroyed and the above asserted mentality is thoroughly supportive of that idiocy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I will teach my children:

1) that I am their parent, and above all else, I and other elders will be respected.

2) that no mater what their teachers, or society tells them, life is NOT fair and it's NOT easy.

3) that if they want something in life, they must earn it, through hard work and sacrifice.

4) manors, responsibility, etiquette, discipline, ethics and morality.

5) how to be self sufficient, free thinking, independant and upstanding citizens.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If you have children and raised them this way. Then it's highly unlikely that they are going to be much outside of selfish and spoiled. It's the parents job in my opinion to set boundaries early in life so that a child can learn to adjust to the real world.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Wait... where is the religious conspiracy in this?

religious conspiracy

www.orgonelab.org...

An early period of generally peaceful social conditions is documented in prehistory, but with a major shift towards patriarchal-authoritarian and decidedly violent social conditions across the Saharasian region after a major climate-shift from wet grassland-forest conditions towards harsh desert conditions at c.5000-4000 BC. Major epochs of cultural diffusion are also presented on maps, showing how violent patriarchal authoritarian, sex-repressive and child-abusive behaviors were carried outward from their Saharasian origins to nearly every corner of the globe. It presents previously-unknown geographical patterns in dozens of different human behaviors, beliefs and social institutions representative of human violence and warlike aggression, such as slavery, castes, genital mutilations and a low women's status. The findings have been praised by many, published in scientific journals and magazines, cited repeatedly, but in largest measure have been willfully censored out of the discussion by most within the editorial power-circles of modern academics and mainstream journalism, which continues to embrace the flawed and disproven theories of "violent genes" or other "original sin" concepts. None of those theories, nor anything like them, can stand in the face of the new evidence presented in Prof. DeMeo's Saharasia.

here's a philosophers take
The Bomb in the Brain Part 1 - The True Roots of Human Violence

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
MY kids are MY kids. I am so sick of this PC terminology. Like anyone here is planning on selling their kids or something? What is the point? The point of this is so you can tell everyone how politically correct you are and how your such a great parent. "Be like me!"

As for brainwashing, are you expecting parents not to teach their children what THEY feel to be right and wrong? Do you just let your kids do as they please and "tell them some jokes" in between?

What if a family has a strong religious faith? is it not their right to bring their child to church and talk about their faith, or absence of faith with the child?

Please, tell us how to be good people! Just dont tell your kids how to be good people... wouldnt want to brainwash them now would we.

edit on 7-11-2011 by TheInterceptor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by Bluesma

Everyday I get to see the difference between how village kids and town kids act. The village kids are raised in the traditional, ssemi-strict manner and they're decent, hardworking, respectful and sweet. The town kids have been raised under an entirely different set of rules and they're beligerent, lazy, arrogant, disrespectful - not all, mind you, but there is a definite and obvious trend.
A simple observation could be made in that village kids are given far more responsibility within the family and home from an early age - they must do chores like feeding animals or bringing in wood etc, whereas town kids spend their free time loitering in parks.

The entitlement mentality the globalists are forcing, with increasing skill, on the planet only teaches wonderful human individuals how to be cloned slaves of the globalist machine.

Children properly learning how to work and carry their own load as well as how and why to do for others who are unable to do for themselves raises the self worth of the children and teaches eternal values of substance.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
One point I disagree with is the "being their friend" item. My wife chose this route with our kids and today, while they adore her, they do not respect her in the way a child should respect a parent. When I speak, I'm like EF Hutton- Their ears perk up and they listen, even though they live on their own and technically could tell me to take a flying leap, they would never, ever treat me that way because I demanded (and earned) their respect. I am their Father. Period. It was, and is, my responsibility to prepare them for this world, I think I did an OK job.

Make no mistake, I was never a "strict" parent, I didn't need to be strict because my kids knew what was acceptable and what was not. My house was the house where all the neighborhood kids hung out and we had a lot of good times.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Thank you for saying I am no good.

I am good, because I promote positive things in this world.

I am good, because I promote positive things for children.

And I am good, because I promote love in this workd.

haters gonna hate
and abusers will abuse

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by nvprose1
yea right i dont "OWN" my child thats right they are themselves there OWN person, except if they damage some one's property or kill somebody even by accident, then the courts state: you are to pay for your child's actions:

whos child? > yours...

yours as in mine...?
meaning this child is my child... but i dont own him/her...????

you better start owning you own children before CPS does...

lol because you have to answer to an authority which immorally likes to place blame where it's financially convenient you need to make sure your kids "get with the program" [as dictated by TCOTBIP], bow down and take it.

master/boss abuses you, you abuse wife and you both abuse kids, who abuse those younger than they or pets
monkeys beating up monkeys after they've long forgotten why they are beating each other.

one thing your children will become are your auditors

you and many others will be judged someday.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
LOL, clearly you don't have kids of your own. I would almost bet your some undergrad who thinks that you know everything about raising kids. LOL, honestly I just sat here laughing at this post, asking myself "why would this person be posting something like this?"

Probably, you need to go make things right with your parents, it seems you have a lot of pain in your own past, and just a little piece of advice...most of what you posted shows your lack of experience in raising kids.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, this will stir it up.

If you don't own your child then then who does?

If you don't claim ownership of something that comes from your body, then you don't own your blood, fingerprints, DNA etc. The Govt. can come and take what is not yours right?

Take your child, blood, DNA without your permission.

So if they come to your door step and say "We are taking your child" you have no rights.

Will you then say "You can't take MY child!"

Yes you will.

Peace

you aren't thinking this through the govt doesn't own any of these things yet claims to

if the govt started collecting a tax on the air you breathe, because "it owns it" [ and it will eventually, some states are making such a claim concerning rain-water] would you counter by saying "no it belongs to me" ?

of course not, you'd judge them insane [ or at least one hopes you had the sense to do so]

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Owning your kids, and responsibility is two different things........ In that matter if you do not respect your elders, you will find the swift hand crack on that child's behind. I learned via my parents that they are the best friends I have in this world, at the same token whilst growing up to respect them. So I do not think we need to treat our children as friends....... as adults we realize they are our best advocates and friends.....

29INFDIV

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Be a "friend" to your kids? When? When they are 30 maybe, not as a child.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Children come through us, not from us.

Second line

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I laugh when people talk about how their kids are bored or hyperactive or indigo as an excuse for them being basically rude and badly behaved, yet the parents spend their time glued to facebook or watching X Factor and expect the kids to entertain themselves.
Change their diet, switch off their consoles, TV, PC, ipods, etc and take them out to the country. Let them experience the fresh air and give them tasks to do.
It's amazing just watching the transformation from a hooligan-in-waiting to a busy child attempting to build his own chair from a few planks of wood, a saw, a hammer and some nails.
One thing that is really lacking now is imagination. Leave a kid to wander on their own in the woods and their fantasy takes them to places far better than Sega can.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by BO XIAN

. . . as an excuse for them being basically rude and badly behaved, yet the parents spend their time glued to facebook or watching X Factor and expect the kids to entertain themselves.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Too many parents seem to react to having kids as they would to having a very long cold--maybe the kids will go away if ignored long enough!

Or, the kids are wonderful a day or two at a time when they are cuddly cooing infants . . . but when they express needs or grow and have opinions--the parents seem to be like monkeys trying to juggle elephants.

And that doesn't even get into the kids having kids idiocies.

Change their diet, switch off their consoles, TV, PC, ipods, etc and take them out to the country. Let them experience the fresh air and give them tasks to do.

Oh, dear! Now THAT'S SUBVERSIVE! If they do that, next they'll start thinking about what FREEDOM REALLY IS and isn't. The globalist oligarchy can't sit still for THAT! Back to your cells clone slaves! errr cubicles.

It's amazing just watching the transformation from a hooligan-in-waiting to a busy child attempting to build his own chair from a few planks of wood, a saw, a hammer and some nails.

Excellent illustration. Right on.

I've been known more than a few times to congratulate even strangers on their excellent child rearing strategies, methods and habits . . . to TRAIN THEIR CHILDREN FOR PRISON.

For some reason they look startled and take offense! LOL.

Yet I'm deadly serious and am not at all above using accurate language to TRY and wake some of the clueless idiots up. Then when they get all affronted at this ignorant stranger assaulting their sensibilities, I just note that this Clinical Psychologist has seen a LOT of such training result in exactly that--PRISON.

They usually wander off muttering . . . or cursing me.

At least I've given them food for thought.

One thing that is really lacking now is imagination. Leave a kid to wander on their own in the woods and their fantasy takes them to places far better than Sega can.

ABSOLUTELY INDEED.

Besides, with the brainwashing/brain control features of so much technology under the rigid cold deadly !CONTROL! of the satanic globalists . . . they'd do well to learn a LOT about wandering around in the woods and fleeing a LOT of technology.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join