It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You do not own your children

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

you do not own your children. Your children are people in their own right. You are their guardians until they are adults.
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Legally, you do own your children . If they commit a crime underage , you as a parent are legally responsible financially. As a parent , everything your child does is automatically reflected on YOU as a parent. Let's not get into semantics , but what you just said contradicts itself ..."you don't own them , but society will hold you responsible for everything that comes out of their mouth , everything that they do and hold you financially accountable for whatever they do wrong"
To be honest , I don't think there is enough support for parents. People want to judge so harshly , but what would you do with an out of control child who has a disorder ? I wouldn't and don't have the tolerance for a kid like that .

What you should do is: 1. Laugh and make jokes a lot - laughter is great and it buoys up kids. 2. Act like a friend - that way, they will be more likely to come to you with their problems. 3. Let them know you are always there, no matter what.

That is so much easier said than done . No one should abuse their child , however many ways to prevent child abuse is ensuring that parents are getting proper support .
Trust me , this is why I advocate handing out birth control like it were Halloween night.

1. Brainwash your children - let them choose their own way in this world.

We are all brainwashed in a way . "obey authority" is what makes a "good child " is it not ?
The hand that rocks the cradle is the hand that rocks the world . It doesn't matter how much you think you haven't made an impact ....you have.
If the experts can't agree on what proper parenting is , and what will make a child grow up to be happy and successful , why are we so eager to judge eachothers parenting style? It takes all kinds.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Children are not property, they are human beings. Nobody owns them.

As for their guardians, BOTH parents and society (government) share this role, with varying rights and responsibilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hi, jude,

You do not own your kids.

Neither does the governmment.

Let us get clear - no-one owns kids.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

let them be human and let them be themselves. dont indoctrinate them and brainwash them into having the same values and beliefs as yourself.

Ahhhhhhhhh, more nihilistic, man is nothing more than a rat, a pigeon, a radish or a rock; 'no right/no wrong' blather.

1. People believe "A" vs "B" because they are convinced that "A" is better, truer, more functional, more true to authentic 'reality' etc. than "B." Otherwise, they'd believe "B" or "C" or "D" or something else! !DOH!

2. Parents haved a RESPONSIBILITY to rear their children that THEY have brought into this world, in a way that BEST PREPARES those children to deal well with reality. That includes teaching, modeling, training those children in their priority beliefs that the parents have found to be most true and most constructive toward life, fulfillment, joy, healthy life and relationships etc.

3. Parents who shirk, botch, ignore, . . . etc. their responsibilities on such scores do not deserve to be called parents and are, in fact, cruelly neglectful or worse of their own flesh and blood.

4. However, The Bible is clear that each child should be reared with discipline AND NOT PROVOKED TO WRATH and trained up in the unique tailor-made way each child should go give that child's genetics, personality, interests etc.

HOWEVER, your injunction is 100% in keeping with the satanic globalist doctrines and plans for their tyrannical global government.

Their deliberate, methodical plans for 170 or so years have been to shred the family and 'free' children purportedly to believe whatever the children wish . . .

AS LONG AS IT ENDS UP 100% EXACTLY, PRECISELY AND ONLY AS THEY DECREE--WORSHIPING SATAN!

That charade of 'freeing the children to believe whatever they wish' is merely a transition to the worst tyrannical destruction of children and childhood the world has ever seen.

Though, of course, that part of the plan is not talked about very openly.

Charlotte documents such aims of the globalists in links like the following:

www.youtube.com...

The Secret History of Western Education: The Scientific Destruction of Minds Charlotte Iserbyt 1/5:

www.youtube.com...

-----------------------

edit on 7/11/2011 by BO XIAN because: fix gif

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

EXCELLENT INPUT.

Doing unto children as we'd like done unto us is still wisdom.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by Aestheteka

you are comparing something natural with something manmade.
having a child has always been a persons choice and is natural, you have midwifes to teach you, there is the exam.
trust me they will tell you if you are NOT doing something right.

having a child is not going to kill innocent bystanders if you do it wrong or be irresponsible.

Eh?
Think about that...
So the car or the gun kills innocent bystanders on its own?
And as for 'manmade', do you get your babies from the pumpkin patch?
I've got 3 kids, thanks, and am married to a child (clinical) psychologist.
The worst thing western governments ever did was ban smacking. The world would be a much nicer place if kids learned that they can't do whatever they want becase they're 'special' or 'Indigo' kids.
They're not. They're just another human being on a planet infested with human beings, each competing for survival and resources.
Teaching your kids about reality and showing them the real world rather than filling their heads with pop New Age quasi-psyhology might actually have a positive effect on the world. Teaching them as much as you can and then allowing them to decide their own way when they're mature enough (and no, 5 is not mature enough), providing them with a loving environment, warmth, food and security is the best you can aim for.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

No nihilism here.

All positive.

So, what is your point?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I am a parent, and I do not agree with your opinion.
Yes, we are their guardians until they are adults, but it is our responsibility to care for, educate and protect them until then.

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
What you should not do is:

From a very early age, they need to have the proper "tools" for operating in the society- automatic responses which are part of the way their society communicates (what is considered acceptable and not acceptable behaviors) . This allows them to be able to be a part of their community, to "fit in" in a way that feels "natural", so that they feel secure in their collective and not have to spend energy trying to figure out intellectually how to respond to others and the world around them all the time.

They can (and should) later go through a period of breaking out of these limits, and realizing they are useful, but relative to the environment- not absolute. This stage is the one which facilitates becoming an adult.

2. Harm your children in any way - and this includes badmouthing either parent.

This I will agree with- though what is "harm" can be a relative judgement. I do not consider spanking them on the rear to be harm- some do.

3. If a child is reacting extremely to anything you say or do, or want them to do, stop it immediately.

This I agree with, a child needs to learn to respect authority, and will not do so with adults who they percieve as powerless. Where this gets difficult is for those who believe things like spanking is harmful and not to be done, criticising them is wrong, using negative enforcement is wrong.......

What you should do is:

1. Laugh and make jokes a lot - laughter is great and it buoys up kids.

Okay, yes..... but also know when to be serious and honest. Kids know instinctively when humor is used to avoid facing situations head on, and they need to know their protector is capable of doing that.

2. Act like a friend - that way, they will be more likely to come to you with their problems.

BIG disagree. You are not their "friend", they have friends their own age and NEED a separation between you and them. They NEED an authority figure and protector they respect and feel safe with, so that they can come to that one with problems that are serious and expect knowleable guidance, advice, and protection from.

3. Let them know you are always there, no matter what.

I'll agree with that. Though one would have to keep in mind that moments when they know they must do things alone must be respected as well.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Bluesma, I like how you think
You'd make a good mother.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Blue,

You do not own your kids.

It is great that you are a good parent - but you do not own your kids.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Yeah next time my little brother tries to drink bleach or something I should just respect his decision.

I doubt the OP even has kids. Kids are stupid, I should know I've babysat a lot of siblings and it wasn't that long ago I was just a stupid kid myself. When you have a kid you own them, and its up to you to take care of them in till they are old enough to make their own decision, and they will. When they do become adults then they're on their own.

I think the title of the thread should be you should always love you're children and when they become adults you should respect their decisions to certain extents. Honestly what you're doing is boiling something down that is way more complicated then you know.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
yea right i dont "OWN" my child thats right they are themselves there OWN person, except if they damage some one's property or kill somebody even by accident, then the courts state: you are to pay for your child's actions:

whos child? > yours...

yours as in mine...?
meaning this child is my child... but i dont own him/her...????

you better start owning you own children before CPS does...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mcupobob

well said!
Even kids with extremely high IQs are fundamentally stupid.
Kids will try to drink bleach, they will try to stick a fork in an electric socket, they will run across a busy road because they saw something shiny on the other side.
Trying to reason with a 4 year old that they MIGHT get hit by traffic doesn't work as they have no concept of abstract cause and effect. Equating running across a road or sticking something into 240 volts with a quick slap on the bottom registers cause and effect very quickly in their little hyperactive minds (if I do this activity again I will feel pain so I won't do it).
Knowing that you tried reasoning with your child whilst watching the paramedics scraping them off the wheel of a juggernaut would only comfort someone with Munchausen-by-proxy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone

Yeah?

So make your own thread.

Why do I keep getting that? If you didn't want people disagreeing with you then maybe you should have put up a disclaimer or something? Maybe just should have kept the this thought to yourself instead of putting it on the Internet for it to be critiqued and criticized?

Yeah I did have a crap mother. I still love and she loves me but she never raised me. She let me be my own "person" and being a stupid kid who wasn't taught social standards, thought I was better than everyone else and could do whatever I want and get away with it.

Shes a great friend and fun but not a great parent. Thank god I had my grandparents to step in. I learned humility,I learned to respect others, and I learned I wasn't the center of the world and couldn't do whatever I wanted.

So what's you're excuse? Overbearing mother? Daddy issues?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka

well said!
Even kids with extremely high IQs are fundamentally stupid.
Kids will try to drink bleach, they will try to stick a fork in an electric socket, they will run across a busy road because they saw something shiny on the other side.
Trying to reason with a 4 year old that they MIGHT get hit by traffic doesn't work as they have no concept of abstract cause and effect. Equating running across a road or sticking something into 240 volts with a quick slap on the bottom registers cause and effect very quickly in their little hyperactive minds (if I do this activity again I will feel pain so I won't do it).
Knowing that you tried reasoning with your child whilst watching the paramedics scraping them off the wheel of a juggernaut would only comfort someone with Munchausen-by-proxy.

I think calling them stupid is a bit harsh wouldn't you say? I would call them naive or inexperienced.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

What you should not do is:

That is wrong. If you DO NOT guide your children then they WILL be brainwashed. Let them choose their own way and someone else WILL guide them. Young minds at birth are clean and serene. As they age they learn and become programmed. Hate and anger are eventually learned emotions.
edit on 7-11-2011 by truthbet0ld because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
reply to post by Bluesma

Bluesma, I like how you think
You'd make a good mother.

I am a mother of three, adult and teens now, and have made my own mistakes and can see better in hindsight what those were, and weren't. I started out with my first with some of these ideas, then (because of circustance and environment) tried other methods with the other two. The first ended up with some real problems and difficulties because of exactly these methods, that the other two don't have.
I became fascinated with these concepts and worked with children (teaching swimming) for years, and observed many ways of parenting and the effects upon the children.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join