It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Fail Period. First of all what is more pronounced than this real picture I took last night?...

Please do this thought experiment....

The Northern hemisphere is headed towards the winter. Therefore, because of the 23 degree tilt of the Earth, the Northern Hemisphere (including Las Vegas) will be "above" the ecliptic plain set by the Moon, relative to the Earth, during daylight hours. It is this Moon-Earth ecliptic plane that can be considered to be the equator in this case. The Moon's ecliptic plane is NOT directly above the Earth's equator.

Now, picture the Earth's rotation, and consider where Las Vegas lies relative to that Moon-Earth Ecliptic plain as Las Vegas rotates into night. The location of Las Vegas relative to that Moon-Earth Ecliptic will go from "above" the ecliptic during the day to "below" the ecliptic during the night. Again, this is due to the 23 degree tilt of the Earth.

Therefore, with this thought experiment in mind, you can see that a person does NOT need to be at the Earth's equator to see this "right-side up bowl/upside-down bowl" effect. The effect is normal and could be seen in places NOT on the equator, because the Moon's ecliptic is not above the earth's equator.

I'm not saying this above-and-below the Moon-Earth ecliptic is causing the "upside-down Moon". I'm simply saying you don't need to be on the Earth's equator to notice it. The tilt of the Earth makes the Earth's equator NOT lie directly on the Moon-Earth ecliptic.

If you think about it, it makes perfect sense.

edit on 11/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
First lets get "The Chunk" issue out of the way. The chunk is actually the end of a branch of a tree in the night in front of the picture !!! "Not Mice"
As far as me "Having to look up The Moons Orbital Plane" in relation to the ecliptic? No you need to look that up. I already know what I am talking about. The guesswork i.e. cheese etc sounds cute and funny but it is not factual. Also The Animation is backed up by nothing. Post a link that says that animation in this thread you refer to, is the animation that is backed by Thousands Of Years? of observations? Are you saying they were using that same animation in the 600 AD or 400 BC? Thousands of Years you say? Cmon. Don't cheat and don't embaress yourself with references to facts that don't exist !!!!!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I have that video in HD, I couldn't load it here and can't remember my Youtube password, (don't need it from home), so I had to make an extremely compressed animated gif, importing every 3rd frame, 60% lossy, 106 colors, and tiny 300 pixel wide to have it load here.

I'd defiantly like to make my own sometime on a trip out west.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I was out hitting golf balls about midnight last night EST and can I attest to the moon being the boatmoon. I've been doing this for years and the moon always seems to having something unusual to offer, even if it is perfectly normal.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I was out hitting golf balls about midnight last night EST and can I attest to the moon being the boatmoon. I've been doing this for years and the moon always seems to having something unusual to offer, even if it is perfectly normal.

I agree on both counts . The boatmoon is beautifully interesting -- and completely normal.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
For all these people denying this happening, I am going out tonight (if it happens) and taking a picture, what do you want me to write on the sign so that I can prove to you it IS happening???!?!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx
For all these people denying this happening, I am going out tonight (if it happens) and taking a picture, what do you want me to write on the sign so that I can prove to you it IS happening???!?!

Nobody is denying it is happening.
We are simply saying it is perfectly normal for the Moon to look like that.

It has always done that as long as I can remember. And as far as I know, the appearance of the Moon's phases and its path across the night sky has not changed in a long, long time.

So I have no doubt you can prove the Moon looks like that tonight -- because it is normal for it to look like that (normal depending on the season, moon phase, and where on Earth the observation is being done).

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Britx

Don't worry about it. The desperation is obvious. Now we are referencing people at midnight hitting golf balls as a reference to what is and what is not scientific !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
By the way, the Moon can also look like an "upside down" boat when it sets, but this is not easily seen because that happens at a point during its phase that the sky is too bright (with daylight).

For example, when the Moon is in its next "last quarter", and will be setting looking like an upside-down boat (as seen from the Northern Hemisphere), it will be setting at about 2:30 in the afternoon.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

OK you win. the earth has undergone a pole shift only you are aware of, or the sun suddenly moved above the moon, or the moon is actually a projected holographic image someone is messing around with, especially to people in Las Vegas, or suddenly the moon has changed it's orbit or the earth is just leaning the other way.

What seems to sound more plausible, things in the earth's system has been stable for 4.2 billion years? or some people are just not educated in what's going on?

The funniest part about these threads is for how long the OPs defend they discovered something that 7 billion people just seemed to have missed. Tell us OP really, is this what you hope to be a sign of the Apocalypse or something? Are you a doomer? Were you told something in a dream?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What exactly is your argument Cherub...that the Moon was doing things it was not supposed to do? Or that the Moon in its "upside down," position is normal? I do not understand...

Many people in my lifetime have referred to this observation as the "Cheshire Cat," Moon...

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 11/4/2011 by jeichelberg because: More information and source

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I think its been made clear that no one wants to learn anything here...same ol same with these threads.

Shame really....

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

No. None of what you imply. But you do have a good imagination. I wont dignify your remarks with an answer. I can say this however. Address the links I provided earlier in this thread and stay on topic please.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

No, there are people denying it. Also, Its completely normal for this to happen in the PA!?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britx

No, there are people denying it. Also, Its completely normal for this to happen in the PA!?

Well, if people are saying that the Moon does not EVER look like a boat when it is setting, then they are wrong. The Moon can also set like an upside-down boat.

...However, most of the replies here have been saying it is happening, but is completely normal.

And, yes, this does happen where I live in PA (Pennsylvania). The difference in latitude between where I live and Las Vegas is only about 5 degrees, but that is not really relevant, because this effect can be seen in latitudes both above and below Las Vegas and Pennsylvania.

Like I said in a post above, the Moon's orbital plane does NOT coincide with the Earth's equator, PLUS the tilt of the earth means that most of the middle latitudes on earth will fall BOTH above and below the Moon's orbital plane during the earth's rotation from day into night.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Which is more likely.

1, The moon is regularly flipping itself upside down using some mechanism unknown to science, and only observed by you and not by the thousands of professional and amature astronomers worldwide.

2, You lack understanding of how the earth moon and sun interact?

Or perhaps....................
1. You are so brain washed and dependent on artificial intelligence, anything that doesn't match the data on your screen is suspect.
2. Tens of thousands of us took acid at the exact same time and started posting photos of changes in the Moon.

This has been going on for over a year now, anyone who doesn't see it is either not paying attention or in denial.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

The "not paying attention" was previously being done by the people who somehow think the Moon is acting differently than it should be acting.

If you look the orbital mechanics of the Moon, and understand the Moon's orbital plane, and understand how the Moon will look different at Moonrise and Moonset based on the phase of the moon, the location from which you are observing, and the time of the year you are observing...

...you will easily see that this is completely normal.

Take the time to understand why the different moon phases look the way they do from different locations on Earth and at different times of the year, and then please tell me that the Moon is not right. As far as I can tell, it looks exact;y like it is supposed to look.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What I am saying is that the moon is displaying a characteristic at the 36th parallel that is only supposed to happen on the equator and 17 degrees above or below it. I am also saying since this is true then something must be perturbing the moons orbit or ours. Also I admit I am not 500 years old. My point in saying that is simple. Do you really have faith or confidence in trying to know what may be happening in this time we live in. Lets face it you , me we, are what 20 - 60 years in age approx? Do you think that 20 -60 years of age has any concept of the universe or the changes it may be going through? Get a grip. We are less that a grain of sand on a beach compared to the time and the changes that are to come and have taken place in this venue. I would suggest humbling ourselves. I don't want to argue anyone into my beliefs or speculations. But, my arguement is just as valid as anyones under the circumstances with the data available.
edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Sorry, you're correct, it's not the shadow of earth.

If you have something to add that might help explain or debunk the phenomenon by all means chime in, if however, you just want to throw out random comments in hopes of harming the op's credibility perhaps you should think about it first.
This is a very real problem and it needs to be investigated so we ALL understand why and what, if any, danger it poses to us.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
all i have to say, is for those trying to debunk this man's moon theory, you are all way too skeptical about this...i saw the moon like that in vermont when it was still light out about 4pm last night....sorry, thats just how it is, it didnt reach that point at night, it was already like that. have a good day dummies

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join