It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

You can be from whereever you claim to be. I notice you don't address the picture I previously posted. You do post the one he has tampered with . I have another but it is slightly out of focus below.

Do you have any other comments?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

I am glad you saw it as well in realtime. It is amazing how some of the posters in this thread go beyond disagreeing but actually edit and prefabricate lies . Editing and removing dates , flipping the images and lastly Call me a liar when they know better. Thanks for your post.. Keep looking up

+33 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I was wondering when this mouth's "the moon is upside down' thread would happen.
News flash! the earth rotates on it's axis.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Saw it OP!! Last night and the night before. This flipping moon stuff has been going on since 2003. Anyway that's when I first noticed it. In New Mexico. Have seen it in SO CA too. Killer pic. Only supposed to look like that at 5 or 10 degrees plus/minus to the equator. Las Vegas is 36 degrees from the equator.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
I was wondering when this mouth's "the moon is upside down' thread would happen.

Come on, people.

I love a good conspiracy as much as the next person.

But the moon "flipping over" is clearly due to the earth's rotation. Look at the animation posted.

There may be things to get worked up over, but NOT this.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Thank You Illustrionic. That is a telling graphic that I hope will end this "the Moon is tilting/upside down" nonsense once and for all...

...Although I know it won't, because too many people are just too ignorant to how the Moon/Earth works.

If people would just simply take the time to understand WHY the phases of Moon looks the way they do, and WHY the Moon appears to move across the sky during the night, then they wouldn't be creating these stupid threads and posting these replies in agreement about the Moon being upside down.

Your graphic is good. I've used the below graphic as an example before in the other (multitude) of these silly threads that pop up every so often (although I like your graphic better):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e600c974ad2c.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 11/4/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I also seen this, it was quite beautiful. Very strange also.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It appears this has been explained numerous times, but just in case this site explains it very well...and I do not think it matters how far you are from the equator...

infohost.nmt.edu...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Im in Philadelphia, And the moon was "boat shaped".

Sorry, Hit enter too fast..

The moon was in a boat shape here as well! I wish I would have taken a picture

edit on 4/11/2011 by Britx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There are several things wrong with your assumptions. I will take just one for example. If the graph you point to was correct and if your logic was correct, then the moon would set bowl, boat everynight!!! If you read the link I posted earlier you will see that this type of moon is only supposed to be on or very near the equator.

What is the Moon like at the equator?In places close to the equator:
the first quarter will have the shape of the letter n (inverted U) when it rises, and the shape of letter U when it sets.
the last quarter would seem like the shape of letter U when it rises and the shape of the letter n (inverted U) when it sets.

I will provide another link below. If you are really interested in the truth here, please go to the link.

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk...
edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: added link

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
... If you read the link I posted earlier you will see that this type of moon is only supposed to be on or very near the equator...

The effect would be more pronounced at the Equator, but it is still noticeable from the mid-latitudes.
It's not like most people live above the arctic circle.

This video from Illustrionic shows that that shows what would happen, even at latitudes above and below the equator. This particular graphic looks like it's from the southern hemisphere (looking North with the Moon being North of "Zenith").

This Moon will look this way due to the rotation of the Earth, NOT because there is something wrong with the Moon.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Fail Period. First of all what is more pronounced than this real picture I took last night?

Your assertions are backed up by an animation, not by any real observation or pictures. You also editorialize the link I provided , says nothing of what you state after supposedly reading it.
PS.. Pictures, not animations, or it didn't happen..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

It’s actually a response to the question of what is the moon like at the equator. And the answer is pointing out what the first quarter moon looks like in respect to the horizon near the equator, versus the opposing views of being father north and south of the equator.

You’ll need to look up the moon’s orbital plane in relationship to the ecliptic, and the celestial equator, and to fully understand why you are witnessing this strange phenomena.

I was out at 4am and again around 5am today (in Michigan) and the moon was exactly where it should be and looked exactly as it should.

Actually the animation is backed up by thousands of years of observations.

I will admit, it is a beautiful picture of the moon. What is more troubling to me is no one is worried about the big chunk missing (mice maybe?)
edit on 4-11-2011 by underdogradio because: cain't spel

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

It may be more of a norm around the equator the moon is seen like that...but its not impossible for it to be seen like that elsewhere. The moon does not stay in a straight line with the sun, it drifts from the elliptical path several degrees throughout cycles. There are times the sun sits more above or under the moon, causing upside down crescents and right side up crescents. There are times the sun sits more out to the side of the moon, shining a side crescent, which is what we most normally do see. This just shows you where the sun is sitting, in relation to the moon and the earth.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The assertion(s) are you saw exactly what you were supposed to see...What else do you need to read? Nobody is denying what you saw...It is normal...Here is a picture of the Earth, RIGHTSIDE UP, taken from the Moon...

www.bing.com... he+earth+from+the+moon&FORM=IDFRIR

Here is a picture of the FULL EARTH as seen from the Moon...

www.bing.com... he+earth+from+the+moon&FORM=IDFRIR

Interesting stuff...

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Oh please...the moon is not upside down!! It's the Earth thats upside down

and Underdogradio, thats not a chunk missing...its the shadow of NIBIRU

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

(Face palms, sighs, mumbles something about it being the 4th such post in as many weeks, contemplates with despair the future of the human race...)

Here is the deal...

Lying on the ground, with your head pointed north, the right side of the moon, will remain the right side no matter what direction your head is turned, and the north will always be "up." The moon did not turn upside down, you looked at it when it was nearer the opposite east-west horizon then the previous time you looked.

(...knows one or two reading this are going, "Ohhhh! Yeah, of course...." sighs, wanders off to kitchen to get lunch mumbling grumpily...)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I just took this pic 10 minutes ago. I think that speaks for itself. It was 12:55 am pst.

Why is there a chunk missing from the moon in this pic?or is that a cloud?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Is anyone else actually going outside in vegas and looking at the moon?

That would be a lot more viable then looking up animations and calling someone a liar.

Pics or it didnt happen? Isnt that your debunker passionate war cry?

Even when people give strange pics, they are never good enough or carry weight in the eyes of many.

It does look a bit strange.

The sun no longer sets in recognized patterns for the peoples of the arctic.

Think something might be even a little bit strange?

-GM
edit on 4-11-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
Oh please...the moon is not upside down!! It's the Earth thats upside down

and Underdogradio, thats not a chunk missing...its the shadow of NIBIRU

Thank god you said nibiru, I was waiting for someone to suggest it's where yu55 hit the moon, ricocheted off and is hurtling towards the earth as we speak

Thanks for cheering me up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join