It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon Is Upsidedown Tonight ! Las Vegas, Nevada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
This is the second night the moon has had the light at the bottom. The equatorial moon as it's called or boat moon, etc. The crazy thing also is that it was normal ( the crescent almost staraight up and down 6 hours ago. )
Now it's flipped 90 degrees Anyone else seeing this? Picture is in my next post below.

edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: Title edit

edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: (no reason given)

Moderator Note: For members who are just joining us and are planning to comment, please take a moment to read this before posting. Thanks. -- Majic

edit on 11/5/2011 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I have been feeling exceptionally dizzy all day today however...
according to stellarium and outside my window...the universe is working as intended currently...
edit on 4-11-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

well? earlier I was moon watching and yes it was a straight up and down crescent. I read your post and went back out to see the moon before it sets and YES its a perfect boat moon currently.........weird.
Im seeing this from Salt Lake City

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
PICTURES ??

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Is'nt that the Earths shadow passing across the moons surface?
It depends on where the moon is in relation to the sun.
The moon was up at about 2:30pm here (Australia) today the top part was visable
but the bottom half was in shadow.
Later tonight it will probably be a cresent moon.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

according to stellarium and outside my window...the universe is working as intended currently...

I've also been incredibly dizzy for the last two days to the point of feeling nauseous. I just mentioned it to my husband this evening that I feel like I have motion sickness. It has finally subsided and I feel much better right now. It could be attributed to just about anything, I guess, but I just thought I would chime in since you posted this.

And to the OP, I just went outside and looked and I actually can not see the moon at all. I don't know if its being blocked by fog or clouds or what but I can't see it...

I am in southern Idaho.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   

No, the Earth's shadow has moved as the moon orbits us.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by idunno12

Originally posted by Sly1one

I've also been incredibly dizzy for the last two days to the point of feeling nauseous. I just mentioned it to my husband this evening that I feel like I have motion sickness. It has finally subsided and I feel much better right now. It could be attributed to just about anything, I guess, but I just thought I would chime in since you posted this.

And to the OP, I just went outside and looked and I actually can not see the moon at all. I don't know if its being blocked by fog or clouds or what but I can't see it...

I am in southern Idaho.

Ya I don't know I'm personally pretty tripped out by the dizziness because well, honestly IM NEVER DIZZY...unless I intentionally spun around...I have no idea why I am dizzy but I have been all day. I'm not sick to my stomach its just really really annoying to see the room spinning and to feel off-balance for an entire day.

I'm hoping I'm just really tired and when I wake up tomo all will be well...if not i'm going to be a bit upset Im tired of being dizzy....

back on topic:

When the OP initially posted and in the time if my first response I noticed the moon went below the horizon where I am at (colorado) what seemed to be...very quickly.

Other than that the moon was working as intended from my perspective.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I just took this pic 10 minutes ago. I think that speaks for itself. It was 12:55 am pst.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Lol I freaked out too because not 3 mins before I saw this post I took a photo of the moon and thought something was off went back looked at it again and was like woah that's odd I don't remember it being horizontal like that, but i started researching instead and sure enough there were explanations. Look up wet and dry moon and you can find scientific explanations on why it looks like that

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Yes, I noticed it here at work this evening as it set below the horizon in Northeast US. It also seemed to move across the sky kinda fast, from high up, to gone... quickly.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

edit on 4-11-2011 by Sarahraeann because: Double post >:/

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You are not correct about the shadow of the earth. That would be a lunar eclipse. The link below explains this and it is found in the 2nd paragraph.

www.straightdope.com...

Sorry I had to edit the link. It is working now
edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: Link was incorrect

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Sorry, you're correct, it's not the shadow of earth.

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Which is more likely.

1, The moon is regularly flipping itself upside down using some mechanism unknown to science, and only observed by you and not by the thousands of professional and amature astronomers worldwide.

2, You lack understanding of how the earth moon and sun interact?

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

There is a third possibility. Maybe you know nothing about me or what your talking about when addressing me. You didn't read the link obviously. If you had you would see that this type of moon is supposed to be at or very near the equator..

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

4, You posted your pic at an odd angle as evidence to back up your obvious lies

This pic is the moon phase for vegas today. Link to original source:www.almanac.com...

Here is your photo turned the corect way up

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Seriously?

+20 more 
posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I am not a liar and the pic I post below proves it.

Notice the street lights below the moon. The reference you make to the almanac is not a picture but an artists rendering. I don't know you and don't appreciate you calling me a liar.
I ALSO SEE THAT YOU EDITED MY ORIGINAL PIC AND REMOVED THE DATE FROM THE RIGHT LOWER CORNER!!
edit on 4-11-2011 by CherubBaby because: Added txt

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

4, You posted your pic at an odd angle as evidence to back up your obvious lies

This pic is the moon phase for vegas today. Link to original source:www.almanac.com...

Here is your photo turned the corect way up

OOPS.....

BEING FROM LAS VEGAS MYSELF, I'll have to concur with Atzil...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join