It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes hits 2 Occupy Oakland protesters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Possibly it was arranged by the marchers. Let the driver think he was clear and when he drives by, smack the car and fall over. The symbolic act of a 1% car running over some of the 99% [or maybe even some of the 53% that pay taxes] may be what the Occupy group thinks it needs to recruit more people.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I browsed through the comments and didn't see this video of it posted, if it was I apologize, but it wasn't embedded.

This is an eye witness video of the incident.

edit on 3-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

serious provocation... sadly that's still not an excuse but i definitely understand the situation better.

thank you for the video

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Please learn how to read, some of you are sick ans twisted.

"BART police officers who were guarding nearby transit stations responded, questioned the driver and several witnesses, then let the driver leave the scene at 11th Street and Broadway in his car.

Read more: www.sfgate.com.../c/a/2011/11/02/BA5G1LQ06S.DTL#ixzz1ccerEj77"

The driver was questioned and released, he was most likely targeted by SICK and TWISTED OWS individuals because of what he was driving, like those here calling for him to be raped repeatedly. Just because a pedestrian is hit does not make it the drivers fault. Maybe get some evidence first you disgusting scumbags.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by thegoods724
The traffic laws are - - - pedestrians have right of way, even if they are jaywalking.

Okay. I have to see the US law on this...

My friend got hit about 5 years ago when jay walking, only a broken leg and rib, and he didn't get any settlement money; therefore, making him in the wrong.

I'm in Canada btw.

In the US the ped has the right away.. You get nailed because you wasnt paying attn.. Same as the hitting someone in the ass end deal.. Its your fault for not paying attn..

In Australia the pedestrian has the right of way as well but it doesn't get them off when they do something stupid and against the law. Plus any tool who puts themself in harms way because " I have the right of way" deserves what they get. Yes a car is supposed to break for a pedestrian but " i walked onto the road without looking because the cars are supposed to stop your honour" won't win you a court case. (not saying that's what happened here) There's also such a things as pedestrian contribution.
edit on 3-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Just because a pedestrian is hit does not make it the drivers fault. Maybe get some evidence first you disgusting scumbags.

Do you read? 2 posts above yours, I posted this "evidence". The driver will soon be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, his car.

It doesn't matter how much a person bangs on the hood of your car, the only legal way to rectify that would be to call the police and press charges on them for damages your property, probably a civil suit matter most likely if insurance doesn't cover it.

The driver may be charged with attempted murder actually, the speed they gunned it at would probably warrant those charges.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I browsed through the comments and didn't see this video of it posted, if it was I apologize, but it wasn't embedded.

Yep the driver looks like the real victim to me. Just a person trying to get somewhere and stopped by a tool. Does anyone know what what said? The guy might have threatend to take his car or his life or anything. Was there a kid in the car?

Occupier interupts the life of a person going about their own business. Occupier learns a lesson. SImple.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Just because a pedestrian is hit does not make it the drivers fault. Maybe get some evidence first you disgusting scumbags.

Do you read? 2 posts above yours, I posted this "evidence". The driver will soon be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, his car.

It doesn't matter how much a person bangs on the hood of your car, the only legal way to rectify that would be to call the police and press charges on them for damages your property, probably a civil suit matter most likely if insurance doesn't cover it.

The driver may be charged with attempted murder actually, the speed they gunned it at would probably warrant those charges.

So the occupier is in no way at fault for their own harm at all? Video says different.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

The law says the driver is at fault here for their reaction, period.
What you or I believe is "Justice" or "Right" doesn't really matter in California, this guy is going away.
edit on 3-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

The law says the driver is at fault here for their reaction, period.
What you or I believe is "Justice" or "Right" doesn't really matter in California, this guy is going away.
edit on 3-11-2011 by JibbyJedi because: typo

Well then if you're driving down the road and some fool jumps out in front of you and you're at fault then the U.S sux.

do you mean in this particular case? If so yes I'd agree he went overboard but if the driver of any pedestrian collision is at fault it's just simply wrong
edit on 3-11-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Well then if you're driving down the road and some fool jumps out in front of you and you're at fault then the U.S sux

The driver wasn't at fault of anything, until they over reacted to the monkey pounding on the hood. I'm sure it will be argued that the driver reacted in fear of their life as a defense, but unless a weapon was found on their bodies I'd say the guy in the t-shirt was not life threatening. Long drawn out case that will cost a lot no doubt.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Well then if you're driving down the road and some fool jumps out in front of you and you're at fault then the U.S sux

The driver wasn't at fault of anything, until they over reacted to the monkey pounding on the hood. I'm sure it will be argued that the driver reacted in fear of their life as a defense, but unless a weapon was found on their bodies I'd say the guy in the t-shirt was not life threatening. Long drawn out case that will cost a lot no doubt.

So you're refering to this particular case and that's fair enough the driver would be in the crap here as well but at the end of the day had the protester not touched the mans car he would have kept on protesting so he's just as much to blame

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

He can say he felt threatened, outnumbered, his life was in danger, and had no other way to get out of there.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   

So you're refering to this particular case and that's fair enough the driver would be in the crap here as well but at the end of the day had the protester not touched the mans car he would have kept on protesting so he's just as much to blame

The protester will argue that the driver provoked him, maybe blowing the horn aggressively, then rolling up on the guy still in progress of crossing (with his girlfriend it appears). Then he'll say the driver's car made contact with his legs, which may have happened here I think.
The drunken monkey will then say he was intoxicated and felt in fear of his life and reacted with anger.

The driver will say they did not make contact (the video evidence is inconclusive there) and say that the pedestrian made them fear for their lives, and approx 2 seconds later, they just reacted instinctively and hit the gas.

May go to trial, it may not. Will be interesting to see if I'm right.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

He can say he felt threatened, outnumbered, his life was in danger, and had no other way to get out of there.

I hope the driver can. At the end of the day the driver was going somewhere until he was harrased by a tool.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

This is what I'm thinking.

I'm not saying that happened but Oakland isn't exactly the safest neighborhood. Heres a guy who originally looked like he almost hit them but realized what he was doing and stopped. Which you see at the start of the video no? Afterwards the guy is hitting his hood, for all we know putting him down or getting angry. Not only that but there is a massive crowd of people all around your car, all of whom you have no reason to assume aren't going to take his side regardless of what happens.

Call it racism if you want, it was a large crowd of black people(We don't know the drivers race do we?) but that person could have been scared, panicked and thought they were in trouble.

Is that person really as irresponsible as someone who simply steps on the gas like a maniac? I don't think so, they have some reasoning behind it, regardless of how you view that reasoning it changes the way you look at things doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

The protester will argue that the driver provoked him, maybe blowing the horn aggressively, then rolling up on the guy still in progress of crossing (with his girlfriend it appears). Then he'll say the driver's car made contact with his legs, which may have happened here I think.
The drunken monkey will then say he was intoxicated and felt in fear of his life and reacted with anger.

The driver will say they did not make contact (the video evidence is inconclusive there) and say that the pedestrian made them fear for their lives, and approx 2 seconds later, they just reacted instinctively and hit the gas.

May go to trial, it may not. Will be interesting to see if I'm right.

That would be interesting to see especialy if it was a judge and jury court as the jury would be made up of the average joe and joanne who's lives have been disrupted by occupy. Perhaps one of them might be a cafe girl who didn't eat that weak so her kids could because she was sent home from her work due to no business and didn't earn alot.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
reply to post by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

sadly, one person did die en route to the hospital

this is why nothing put out by the protestors should be believed, as can be seen here they like to tell lies!

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Cause people call him a monkey or a tool, aint gonna change the fact that that sir is a crime, he ran the guy down, aint no where in the frigen world where this is not a crime, i love it when people are so blind by out of touch they can say the driver had the right to this...

WOW people need to maybe have a little sympathy, i dont care if the dude was what ever you guys wanna call him, he got ran over by a car, the car is a weapon.

But thanks for sharing how the poor driver is the victim, and the funny thing is hes probably going to get away whit this crime, cause hes white plain and simple.
edit on 3-11-2011 by GodefroydeBouillon because: censored myself

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I hate to say it I take the drivers side on this one, some of the protesters ARE getting out of hand

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join