It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes hits 2 Occupy Oakland protesters

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Americans are brainwashed by the Mercedes brand - it's a taxi in most countries. And a vehicle for the middle class to play pretend rich, when in fact the wealthy have much better cars.

Sorry to hear about this development. I guess this driver will learn patience in prison.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dystopiaphiliac

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Do you really think that traffic should of been diverted??? Should the police cook the protestors dinner too and do their laundry???

dinner? Laundry? No. but protecting the citizens of the united states is their job, regardless if those people are protesting or going to work, it's their job. that said, they can't be everywhere at once and I don't think you can honestly blame the cops for this.

This is entirely on the shoulders of the person driving the vehicle.

P.S.

Does it matter if the make of the car was reported or not? What bearing does that have on anything? none, merely a sly attempt to slander the OWsers yet again.

Hmmm, good point, but. The driver clearly had the green light, and the protesters could've been curtious and let the driver through and nobody would have been harmed, right? But no, it's OWS and you'll bow to our little march and wait till we let you through. The OWS'ers don't need us to slander them, they are doing fine all by themselves.

Yes the light was green, that means RUN PEOPLE OVER!

Reread my post. These clowns could've done the right thing and let the traffic through and it would be no harm no foul. At the 10 second mark the idiot that got hit purposely stopped in front of the car and instigated the whole thing. He could've kept walking, but no he choose to start beating in the innocent drivers hood. If this went to trial, I'd love to be on the jury and find this poor driver innocent of any wrong doing.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

Regardless of the intentions of the protester, you cannot hit the gas when someone is in front of your car of even beating your car. The escalation in violence by the driver is not permissible, unless he can demonstrate a fear for his life, of which that seems to be a stretch for any defense attorney. He'll do time for manslaughter.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Ok, so what people are supposed to wait an indefinite amount of time for this 'march'?!? I am not saying it's right to run people over, but give me a break these protesters are a bit much.

You obviously think that because you disagree with something that you don't have to obey the law -
Pedestrians have the right of way and I'm sure that march was all over the news so you have the right to turn your car around and go the other way!
Funeral processions have the right of way, do you go plowing through them when they happen, and btw, they are never announced on the news as traffic pattern disruptions, while protests are!
Also to the guy in Canada whose friend was hit and didn't get a settlement - that is not proof of guilt or innocence - its called penalities and the judge didn't attach them to the driver - that was all. Did you find out if the driver got points taken though? There in lies where the fault exists. It could well be your friend didn't look and the driver had no time to react - so that was a bad example.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by Chance321

Regardless of the intentions of the protester, you cannot hit the gas when someone is in front of your car of even beating your car. The escalation in violence by the driver is not permissible, unless he can demonstrate a fear for his life, of which that seems to be a stretch for any defense attorney. He'll do time for manslaughter.

It would be if the driver were in fear for his life/ safety and that would be up for a jury to decide. But judging by the tape showing stupid stopping right in front of the driver, then stupid beating on the hood and dozens of protesters around? Yeah, I'd go with fear for his safety. Again I say this whole thing could've been avoided if stupid had either let the car go through or just kept walking. Instead he had to play tough guy.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by steveknows

Well then if you're driving down the road and some fool jumps out in front of you and you're at fault then the U.S sux

The driver wasn't at fault of anything, until they over reacted to the monkey pounding on the hood. I'm sure it will be argued that the driver reacted in fear of their life as a defense, but unless a weapon was found on their bodies I'd say the guy in the t-shirt was not life threatening. Long drawn out case that will cost a lot no doubt.

Good thing we have the Judge and Jury in here already. Just go ahead and call in the executioner because you got this one all ready solved.

Huh? What was that?

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Do you really think that traffic should of been diverted??? Should the police cook the protestors dinner too and do their laundry???

dinner? Laundry? No. but protecting the citizens of the united states is their job, regardless if those people are protesting or going to work, it's their job. that said, they can't be everywhere at once and I don't think you can honestly blame the cops for this.

P.S.

Does it matter if the make of the car was reported or not? What bearing does that have on anything? none, merely a sly attempt to slander the OWsers yet again.

Hmmm, good point, but. The driver clearly had the green light, and the protesters could've been curtious and let the driver through and nobody would have been harmed, right? But no, it's OWS and you'll bow to our little march and wait till we let you through. The OWS'ers don't need us to slander them, they are doing fine all by themselves.

Reread my post. These clowns could've done the right thing and let the traffic through and it would be no harm no foul. At the 10 second mark the idiot that got hit purposely stopped in front of the car and instigated the whole thing. He could've kept walking, but no he choose to start beating in the innocent drivers hood. If this went to trial, I'd love to be on the jury and find this poor driver innocent of any wrong doing.

First, the driver does not have the right to demand to go through a crowd. What country are you from btw? Oh and by the law, you would not be able to find your driver friend innocent, one juror doesn't have that power. You can get the protestor charged with vandalism because it was recorded, that's all! If you are angry because someone is beating your car and you hit them with your car its assault with a deadly weapon pure and simple. All the driver had to do was call the police, get an incident report and have the insurance pay for it - that is if they didn't catch the guy who beat on his car, if he (the protestor) were arrested, then his insurance would have to pay for the damage.
A car is not a person and you cannot assault a car. I know you love your car more than humans, but it is property and can be used as a deadly weapon. It amazes me how you want your feelings to be law aka delusions of grandure ~ Wow!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeroe
The driver had a green light and the protesters were in his way pounding on his car.... No wonder he got frustrated

If that's true well.... The protesters should pay for damage they did to his car also.

Bunch of unemployed, smelly idiots not even searching for a job....
edit on 4-11-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by steveknows

Well then if you're driving down the road and some fool jumps out in front of you and you're at fault then the U.S sux

The driver wasn't at fault of anything, until they over reacted to the monkey pounding on the hood. I'm sure it will be argued that the driver reacted in fear of their life as a defense, but unless a weapon was found on their bodies I'd say the guy in the t-shirt was not life threatening. Long drawn out case that will cost a lot no doubt.

Good thing we have the Judge and Jury in here already. Just go ahead and call in the executioner because you got this one all ready solved.

Huh? What was that?

Yep. I think a pedestrian has as much responsibility for their welfare as a driver. And putting all that aside ,where's the self preseravation in it all? I for one wouldn't put my life in the hands of the driver or the law.

I can't be dead because the law says the car has to stop!

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

P.S.

First, the driver does not have the right to demand to go through a crowd. What country are you from btw? Oh and by the law, you would not be able to find your driver friend innocent, one juror doesn't have that power. You can get the protestor charged with vandalism because it was recorded, that's all! If you are angry because someone is beating your car and you hit them with your car its assault with a deadly weapon pure and simple. All the driver had to do was call the police, get an incident report and have the insurance pay for it - that is if they didn't catch the guy who beat on his car, if he (the protestor) were arrested, then his insurance would have to pay for the damage.
A car is not a person and you cannot assault a car. I know you love your car more than humans, but it is property and can be used as a deadly weapon. It amazes me how you want your feelings to be law aka delusions of grandure ~ Wow!

I'll type this slowly so maybe you'll understand. The driver had the green light giving the driver the okey to procede through the intersection. The driver did not run through the intersection he was going sllllllooooowwwwwly through until stupid decided to play big man and stop in front of the car, the driver of the car did not slam on the gas he creeped ahead slowly and thats where dummy started beating on the guys hood attracting the attention of the rest of the mob, that started to move towards his car. The driver most likely fearing for his safety stepped on the gas to get out of there.
Again, if you'll reread my post I said that stupid could've done one of two things and nobody would've got hurt: 1) stupid could've just kept walking and nothing would've happened. 2) stupid could've stopped and let the car pass and nobody would've been hurt.
And I live here in the US do you? And the "delusions of grandure" crack wow, just where in my little post would you come off with that assessment? Wow.

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

P.S.

I'll type this slowly so maybe you'll understand. The driver had the green light giving the driver the okey to procede through the intersection. The driver did not run through the intersection he was going sllllllooooowwwwwly through until stupid decided to play big man and stop in front of the car, the driver of the car did not slam on the gas he creeped ahead slowly and thats where dummy started beating on the guys hood attracting the attention of the rest of the mob, that started to move towards his car. The driver most likely fearing for his safety stepped on the gas to get out of there.
Again, if you'll reread my post I said that stupid could've done one of two things and nobody would've got hurt: 1) stupid could've just kept walking and nothing would've happened. 2) stupid could've stopped and let the car pass and nobody would've been hurt.
And I live here in the US do you? And the "delusions of grandure" crack wow, just where in my little post would you come off with that assessment? Wow.

I was trying to find out his name and I was thinkng his name was Tool, Idiot, Fool or Moron. But his name's actually Stupid. Well now I know.

edit on 4-11-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join