It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes hits 2 Occupy Oakland protesters

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Mercedes hits 2 Occupy Oakland protesters

www.sfgate.com

A car struck two Occupy Oakland protesters tonight as they marched with a crowd along Broadway, and an angry mob surrounded the car as emergency workers tended to the injured.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Twitter is lit up about 2 injured and 1 dead in this incident along with the guys license plate numbers.

Hopefully it is just a rumor and no one died.

I guess we'll see.

This movement is really getting hardcore out there in Cali. First with Scott Olsen, now this.

"Civil Unrest" is becoming the new norm this fall.

The Ameircan Fall? (arab spring)

Thoughts? Feelings?

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weKNOWtheSECRETSoftheFED

The American Fall has been going on for almost 100 years.

About the mercedes driver, apparently he got "frustrated and impatient" and just mashed the gas because he had green. Patience is a virtue. I hope he has a guilty conscience and I hope he gets what's coming.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

sadly, one person did die en route to the hospital

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

pretty Ironic that they got hit by a Mercedes

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros

So it is confirmed? May I ask your source? This story is just new to me.

It's so crazy. the guy apparently got frustrated and hit the gas running over two people? If that is true, this person deserves what ever happens to them. By that I mean, what ever happens to them as they go through the legal system.

I do not advocate any kind of violence or retaliation ( Sad world we live in where I feel the need to have to point that out)

If it is true then I guess this will be the first death to come from the movement. Kind of scary and very sad.
edit on 2-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well during the last G20 in Australia I saw a protester sit down on front of a car on a busy city street and start eating his lunch. I wanted to run him over myself and I was on the footpath.

Play with fire and you'll get burned. Don't sook about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen

pretty Ironic that they got hit by a Mercedes

Yes. had it been a crapper car the make wouldn't have been mentioned. How pathetic.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Yes, because it's okay just to run people over in the street. Maybe you could pick a fight with them, but not run them over. That's a bit psycho...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It's so crazy. the guy apparently got frustrated and hit the gas running over two people? If that is true, this person deserves what ever happens to them. By that I mean, what ever happens to them as they go through the legal system.

What a jackass. Man I say that a lot. I'll admit fantasizing about running down punk kids who pretend to drop things in the middle of the road and sllloooooowwwwwwwllllyyyyyyy pick them back up but actually doing it? I hope he gets the book thrown at him.

Why do I have a feeling that soon this drivers info will be spread all over the interwebz?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

So it is confirmed? May I ask your source? This story is just new to me.

I do not advocate any kind of violence or retaliation ( Sad world we live in where I feel the need to have to point that out)

If it is true then I guess this will be the first death to come from the movement. Kind of scary and very sad.
edit on 2-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

I jumped the gun, that is unconfirmed through twitter, which of course can be unreliable, but we shall see.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's unfortunate if someone did die, maybe they should obey the traffic laws and these things wouldn't happen.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hope he gets murder charges, sent to prison for 30 years, raped hundreds of times and see if he learns anything from the experience.
edit on 2-11-2011 by thegoods724 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The traffic laws are - - - pedestrians have right of way, even if they are jaywalking.

But of course I am sure youve never crossed the street without pressing the signal, and if so I hope you get hit someday and then someone give you the excuse of well, you should obey the traffic laws

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Ok guys, thank god no one died : www.rawstory.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

reply to post by steveknows

Yes, because it's okay just to run people over in the street. Maybe you could pick a fight with them, but not run them over. That's a bit psycho...

I didn't say it was ok but neither is disrupting the day to day life of someone who's done nothing to you. You sit on a traintrack and you run the risk of getting hit by a train. Who sat you on the train track?

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
Hope he gets murder charges, sent to prison for 30 years, raped hundreds of times and see if he learns anything from the experience.

That is completely contrary to the spirit that OWS is trying to uphold..

Jail? ok

Rape? i wouldn't wish that upon any human..

You should think about that..

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellerphoenix
It's unfortunate if someone did die, maybe they should obey the traffic laws and these things wouldn't happen.

It was a march.. marches block the streets.. nothing new there.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
The traffic laws are - - - pedestrians have right of way, even if they are jaywalking.

Okay. I have to see the US law on this...

My friend got hit about 5 years ago when jay walking, only a broken leg and rib, and he didn't get any settlement money; therefore, making him in the wrong.

I'm in Canada btw.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join