It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunpoint Arrest of Cop Going 120 MPH in Cop Car

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
And if it's been happening so much, why was it not handled by the chiefs? Surely calls would've been made if it was happening all the time in an attempt at professional courtesy?

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What concerns me is whether the lady cop gets it in the neck from her fellows, she wont be popular with the boys in blue, and possibly the male state troopers as well.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by blackrain17

I believe you would be correct, and many folks you see on tv chases end up with prison time.
Now that I have stayed on topic and responded to an OP related question,... YOUR SIG ROCKS!!
Teh roflcopter!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AnotherAccount

No one cares if you don't care you're just a troll. Get lost!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pikestaff

To answer both of your questions, staties do not like county.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
the only thing I can say, is she was following him at less than safe distances when he was going 120+ so while he was wrong, she also broke policy. Once speeds reach 100+ mph, you are required to get enough identifying information on the car (which was easy in this case) and back off. Dispatch would set up the appropriate road block, and the car would be pulled over. She knew exactly what she was doing, she was gunning for a promotion, because they have been looking for this particular car, which as stated, had been seen on more than one occasion rushing to his other job.

Glad to hear they caught this guy.... but she should also be given a warning for not following procedure.

Police chases are one of the most dangerous things that cops do.... Proper following of procedures would prevent 3/4 of the Police injuries that result from these chases.
edit on 31-10-2011 by longtermproject because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by pikestaff

To answer both of your questions, staties do not like county.

I think it's a statie and a city.

Peace

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

If she can hold 120, in a crown victoria, close on someone's tail, more power to her. A professional driver would have a hard time doing it. In the camera where she's on his tail, they're not at 120. They probably cut out the parts where he put it to the floor. A crown vic only tops out at 128 mph, despite what the disinformation agents would have you believe.

The state cruiser she was in may or may not have "extra" items under the hood, but county doesn't spend any money on extras, and just getting to 120 in one of those things takes longer than they would have you believe. That's why they have interceptors.

interceptor

The Ford Police Interceptor 4.6L SFI is the crown victoria, for those of you that want to look over the chart.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
This would indeed be a whole different and maybe better video if the officer who got pulled over drew his gun.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Due to the fact that I am a harsh critic of police, I feel that is the name of fairness, I must say- Good Job! to that trooper. I wouldn't wanna be on her bad side though...

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What are the odds of this woman having to quit her job due to a good chance of her being harassed around the station or precinct for being a "rat," or not having a fellow officers back? These guys usually stick together, right? I hope she is not punished for her actions.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by longtermproject

If she can hold 120, in a crown victoria, close on someone's tail, more power to her. A professional driver would have a hard time doing it. In the camera where she's on his tail, they're not at 120. They probably cut out the parts where he put it to the floor. A crown vic only tops out at 128 mph, despite what the disinformation agents would have you believe.

The state cruiser she was in may or may not have "extra" items under the hood, but county doesn't spend any money on extras, and just getting to 120 in one of those things takes longer than they would have you believe. That's why they have interceptors.

interceptor

The Ford Police Interceptor 4.6L SFI is the crown victoria, for those of you that want to look over the chart.
edit on 31-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

From a performance perspective the Crown Vic Police Interceptor is a slow pig. I looked and can't find any specs that are meaningful. One site has it running an average 1/4 mi of 14.9 sec,, averaged over a bunch of runs. BUT, that car had performance mods done to it- better tires, CAI and exhaust. Still, I bet a "stock" PI is a 15 sec car all day long. I bet 0-60 is somewhere in the 8-9 sec range, about like a V8 powered SUV.

LOL...so, I didn't even notice the link you provided until I was proofreading my reply and just saw it. I went and looked, and man, my numbers were pretty close! Except the SUVs are a little slower than I thought...

Note to self- Start looking at links prior to to responding to people. Bad habit.
edit on 31-10-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodDocGonzo
What are the odds of this woman having to quit her job due to a good chance of her being harassed around the station or precinct for being a "rat," or not having a fellow officers back? These guys usually stick together, right? I hope she is not punished for her actions.

That is so sad..but very true..

I think officers who try and do the right thing can pay a high price...just like good people who try and do the right thing can pay a high price as well..at times.

I imagine it can become very difficult to be an officer , who doesn't want to cover for the crimes of their fellow police officers.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Anyone else surprised by the amount of publicity this is seeing?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

It's a bit faster than your average civilian car, but it doesn't have the horsepower nor the chassis to weave through traffic at 120. If he hit 120 it was on a straight stretch, and was probably cut out.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

It wouldn't be tolerated if it were you or I. Why do you give them a pass?

because i don't understand how things of this nature really work within the system, and maybe they do.. maybe they know ..nothing good will come of it.. and nothing will change?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by drew1749

Good for the trooper. Professional courtesy between cops should only go so far. This wasn't 5 over through a speed trap. That fool was endangering people's lives at those speeds and for what? A second job? I wonder if his department was aware he was moonlighting.

What's wrong with "Moon Lighting", except for the hassle of traveling to the moon to light a candle there... just kidding, on a more serious note if the job that you are doing is not enough for make ends meet, sometimes you have to work at a second job after your first job, this is commonly called "Moon Lighting". When your current employer wont give you that much needed pay check increase you have to work a second job and no one employer can prevent that from happening to any employees, if you want to work a second job, its your job, if you want to start your own small business after your employment that's also your God given right that no one can take away.

The only wrong thing this officer did was that excessive speeding, aside from that, he did nothing wrong.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
State Troopers take no # from anyone. These guys and gals are practically incorruptible. Here on Long Island they (NYSP troopers) will rip up Police Benevolent Association cards with their bare hands.

I think part of the reason is that State Police/Highway Patrol/State Patrol forces recruit from all over the state and so the troopers are assigned wherever they are needed and not necessarily in the area where they grew up. Obviously this is better for integrity purposes.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
gee I really wish some people could hyper ventilate over this story a little - 120 mph that's like murdering everyone on the planet at the same time!!!!!!!! that cop is the antichrist not obama!!!!!!!!

I am glad when a cop abuses the system and gets caught but some of you are about to blow a vessel.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I'd take a guess that she wasnt driving a crown vic but a Dodge Charger Interceptor, many forces have started using. Acceleration braking and handling way beyond a CV. The standard 3.5 L V6's do 135 easy. One with a Hemi 5.7 v8 engine will do 150. The maddest variant is the charger Daytona which does 180 but I dont believe the police use those. Even the slowest charger will keep up with a CV at full speed with ease.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join