It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunpoint Arrest of Cop Going 120 MPH in Cop Car

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Do I understand it right that this officer who was arrested was also in a marked police car? It was hard for me to tell for sure, but that's what seemed to be the case.

She cracked me up and was very justified in thinking she may have been dealing with a stolen police car. I mean, if he's traveling at that speed with no emergency equipment activated and she's got her lights and siren blazing and is obviously trying to get him to stop...and he refuses.....what else is she supposed to think?

This Miami cop is a complete chump. He sounds about as pathetic as some criminals who get caught red handed doing a crime and make grasps at straws to deny what they were doing. I mean, seriously, "I didn't know you were trying to pull ME over?" Christ, he could have at least given it a little more thought before he pulled that one out of his hat and and completely destroyed any credibility he had left....especially since the vid was destined to reveal his stupidity worldwide via YouTube.

A complete retard. I find it hard to believehe behaves much better conducting business with the public on duty.

That woman showed character, and also probably made him feel about two inches tall after her colorful lecture.

HAHA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Any sensible cop who always makes a habit of driving like a maniac should have a radar detector in their car. This guy wasnt so much arrogant but stupid. I just wonder if her chasing him actually made him go faster in an attempt to lose her. Everything about what this guy did was so stupid, even his excuse was lame, a sharper guy would have come up with a much better one than that.

I think stopping was possibly his biggest mistake. Do or do not, there is no try. After deciding to run he whiters out and stops. Probably after realising his car was outpowered and he wasnt gaining any ground.

This would be a great concept for a clips show of these kind of eejits getting caught steamrolling over their own laws. Americas dumbest cops. It's a good thing. We dont really want our police forces staffed by moronic power crazed thugs with no actual problem solving abilities and a blatant disregard for the public.

This badly trained fool had no business being in the police force. There should be a minimum near genius i.q. level for police entry candidates. They need to be far better trained and with personalities that can actually cope with the kind of responsibilty involved. The power to lord it over anyone attracts a bad element to law enforcement. They need to be screened out before they even begin training.

Personally I hate cops, at an instinctive level due to my criminal younger days. My father was also one which helped me understand them more than most. My dad should not have been a cop. The guy was an out of control womanising drunk. Driving home drunk every night after hours in the pub after a shift. Stole things, and ran from restaurants without paying. Apparently was good at catching folk and rose to a detective sergeant. One night he smacks his girlfriend around and she calls the police. They turn up and my dad tells them to F-off, and they did as they were told. That got him busted down to desk sergeant. My own run ins with police taught me he was hated and loved in that police HQ almost equally. Some hated him and thought he was corrupt, some thought he was the best cop on the force. It was always best not to reveal he was my father if I was getting questioned, as I never knew which kind I was dealing with. Plus I hate snivelling little #s who think daddy's cophood will save them from getting done for whatever. If they found out, fine. I take my chances but I would never volunteer it. I hate to admit it did get me off the hook a couple of times I think, whenever I encountered one of my dads drinking buddies and I had only violated a few wee laws. I'd get a friendly lecture instead of a night in the cells.

That's just what I mean, the cops splt down the middle in attitudes. The sensible honest ones should be the cops, the ones who rightly thought my dad was an asshole. Here's the thing though. The other half, the more real guys who didnt take it as seriously and would bend and break the law often were the ones actually getting things done and getting results. It takes a criminal to catch a criminal. Most cops can be tricked and outsmarted very easily. They do not have criminal minds. Thats what I mean about the i.q. levels. Even the cops that are good at it are still generally not smart enough to have a criminal mind that they only ever use for good. The pressure of the job causes alcoholism and temptation to cross the line and exploit situations for personal and financial gain is almost irresistable to the average criminal mind. Being the law, and hence to some degree above it makes it seem very unlikely to them that they might get caught.

The true genius cop is immune to such temptations with an almost zen-like focus on the work. A successful criminal is always one step ahead of the police. These people are not as rare as you would think but are never caught and jailed. Master criminals. Never complacent, covering every scenario, back up plans, alibis, diversions. The best crimes are rarely solved. The 'genius' cop is these peoples worst nightmare. They are one step ahead of the police and the criminal. As I say, all cops should be like this, in reality hardly any are.

The reason is the pay scale. Someone with the right i.q. can effortlessly make much more money doing something far less stressful and dangerous. As it stands only geniuses join the force out of purely humanitarian reasons. This could only change if the pay was much more attractive. If you screen out the muppets like that fool in the clip you'd then have a police force run by almost infallable uncorruptable guardians of justice.

No more cops busting cops. No cops bullying civillians for fun. No more cops commiting crimes and framing inept criminals. Just no crime, empty jails and cops living in very big houses. Only petty crime would remain. Why? All the people who could outsmart the cops became cops instead of criminals because of the increased odds of being arrested and the much better pay !

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
But..but..but...

How do you know he wasn't just chasing a criminal and forgot?

Er, or... uh...

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Beautiful, I have seen many ATS(Alaska State Troopers) and local Cops, Seriously ATS should allow me to say P***, but as for that Female Officer I may have to leave my stereotypes in the pass, the corruption here in my community is unjust, but then again its all in how you say, and who you know, or what your can offer...

More and more I find out that education can get you as far as someone without a high school diploma, That Miami Cop was obvious not properly educated and trained to preform his job correctly. Yet he is able create a more dangerous situation for the people in his city.

That cop should be guilty with speeding, reckless driving, and a felony eluding, minimal 2-5 years in jail. If that was done by any normal citizen, lets say a man racing down the highway to take his wife dying of... and and 911 call would not be done fast enough to save her life...... well the point is he would serve no less than 5 years in Jail, with the possibility of never getting his license back

Kudos to that Female Officer

Unfortunately, if there was more doing their jobs like her we would only have 6 or 7 officers to 60,000 people

Great post and to the OP as well

S&F

edit on 30-10-2011 by AK907ICECOLD because: Didn't mean to Qoute, I meant a Post Reply, Thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherAccount
Who cares? They are both just public servants, doing what public servants do. All I see is another brainwashed feminine aspect on this planet enforcing criminal acts in the name of the church. It would have been more enjoyable for me if they both crashed at an excess speed of 120mph.

You wont get a nibble Trollio

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Charged with a misdemeanor of course. He probably wont even pay a fine.
He should lose his job. If that had been a regular citizen they would lose their license, get a huge fine, and end up in jail.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherAccount
Who cares? They are both just public servants, doing what public servants do. All I see is another brainwashed feminine aspect on this planet enforcing criminal acts in the name of the church. It would have been more enjoyable for me if they both crashed at an excess speed of 120mph.

Let me know when you've got the guts to pull over a speeding car knowing beforehand the occupant has a gun and is trained to use it. That was a dangerous thing she did by busting him, but it was the right thing to do. That's why she was yelling at him to keep his hands out the window.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

That's true, but at least he's not going to be speeding like that again. Actually, he seemed stupid enough to do it again. Not sure why he was stammering? Was he really so surprised that he got cuffed? He not only broke the law, but he ran. That's part of my problem with the whole thing, he seemed to have very little concept that what he was doing was in fact wrong.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I was part of The Honour Guard for a Governor's Inauguration (Ann Richards) and we all had to ride in a Harris County Constable's car from Houston to Austin for the parade etc.

He drove WELL in excess of 120 all the way there and back. White Knuckle Express for ME!

I told him I'd give him a ticket if I were a cop.

He said that I couldn't give him one if I were a cop.

Some sort of officer's agreement between officers here in Texas.

To me, he and others who do that are criminals. Lucky for him, I am not a cop, never was, never will be.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I dont like cop bashing, but this miami cop was definitely in the wrong, how does he NOT see the lights and NOT hear sirens??

He shoulda gotten evading and eluding, excessive speed, etc etc, and put behind a desk or lost his job.
Glad that state trooper was there to bust him

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
WOW, that was just as awesome as it gets, a police officer getting handcuffed, and just a couple of hours ago I was watching TV and they had that guy on who walks around in NewYork videotaping cops who violate the law.

This kind of thing needs to keep happening, and then we can see who the good cops are, I'm sure there are a lot of them out there, but they are afraid of doing this kind of thing for fear of retaliation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a lot of people say that if it was them who got pulled over that they would have gone to jail, that's not always the case.

My Story
I was about 22 yrs old, I went out for a ride on my motorcycle to one of my favorite places, Mullholland Hwy in california, I took the freeway then turned off and onto Mullholland Hwy, shortly after I started speeding down the two lane road, I saw the flashing light's, so I sped up, after about 2 or 3 miles I saw the helicopter, I then turned off onto a smaller road.

I thought I had elluded the flashing light's but as I rounded the corner near the top of the hill I saw the helicopter and the Hwy Patrol car blocking the road, I stopped, the officer came over to me with his ticket book and started writing, I thought for sure I was going to JAIL, I signed the ticket and he and the helicopter left.

"the cop wrote me up for passing four cars over the double yellow line at speeds in eccess of 90 miles per hour"

that was on a two lane road.

I went to court, when the Judge called me up, he looked at the ticket (I could tell he was pissed) and he asked me why I wasn't in jail, I told him I didn't know why either, he told me to pay the fine and he never wanted to see me in his court room again, and that was it.

The Judge's name was Judge Roy Bean, and I kid you not.

The one thing I recall about the whole thing was that I never smart mouthed the officer or the Judge at any time, in fact I was very polite and answered "yes sir" when asked a question.

I hope you enjoyed my story, and for the skeptics that don't believe it could ever be true, well...it is.

If anybody is wondering what year this was, I'm 50 now.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Wow, this is really impressive!

You can hear the stress in her voice, and the guy didn't even have his lights on.

Not too long ago in my area, there was an officer who was texting while driving at high speed; he crossed the median and killed two girls in a head-on collision. There was another who was completely drunk, and while driving on the wrong side of the road, t-boned a car of 5 college kids--killing 3 of them.

Much respect for this state trooper, and it's good to know that SOMEONE can and will step in when needed.

Who's watching the watchers?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The Miami cop could have very easily
caused a wreck and killed someone.
I know what some of them are like in
the small town I use to live in - they
arrest people for the same thing they
do when they think no one is looking.
The Lady Trooper deserves a medal -
she did the right thing!

Not saying all cops are bad just that
a lot of them are!!
edit on 30-10-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Charged with a misdemeanor of course. He probably wont even pay a fine.
He should lose his job. If that had been a regular citizen they would lose their license, get a huge fine, and end up in jail.

Nah. All that was was speeding and reckless. In reality you'd end up back un your car with a ticket, eventually a fine and a ban but possibly not even that. Just the right amount of I didnt notice you behind me and I had the music blaring coupled with some nice acting pouring on being sorry about it. The key to it is honesty. They must believe. Feed them lies and they know, straight away. Your attempt at evasion must look purely incidental and innocent.

Failing that another approach like the 'fear and loathing: make the bastard chase you' actually works wonders. They enjoy a good chase most of them and once they get too close you stop and give them 'I was trying to get away from you because my inspection is out of date, etc. I thought you were getting too close and it was getting dangerous so I stopped' watch the stunned silence. I once did this to a vauxhall senator police interceptor that chased me round a busy city center in circles for 15 mins (I was driving a ford fiesta) and even after they found a toy gun in my car and threw a # fit (they were an armed response unit. Only one in the city at that time.) they let me go with a fixed penalty ticket for not wearing a seat belt. No reckless driving, speeding, or any of that, and certainly no jail.

Driving like a bat out of hell isnt the crime of the century. Having the balls to try and get away with it and then hold your hands up to it instead of trying to make excuses gets you respect right there. I have outdriven many cops, usually with relative ease and with much slower vehicles. That was my one and only chase where I didnt get away. Those cops enjoyed every minute of it, you could see it. Everybody feeds them bull# day in day out, total honesty and an apparent lack of remorse or fear puts them off guard. It's important to throw in the bit about stopping once the driving became too dangerous. Remember, once the adrenalin fades these guys like you and are already looking for a resaon to let you off. Act like their was no real danger because you knew what you were doing. Flippancy about it works wonders. Bombard them with pointless questions about laws and their car. This was sport to you,

If this cop had just been honest with her once arrested instead of just making excuses her contempt and anger levels might have dropped enough for her not to have charged him and we wouldnt even be seeing this video. Either way, I couldnt have seen him doing this again after that. I think she threw the book at him because of the way he expected to get away with it and tried to trivialise it. Bad move after a high speed chase. Police persuits happen very rarely, most officers will never have one that lasts more than a few seconds in their whole carreers, they are always expecting one though. When one finally happens to them they get very rash and excited and will do crazilly dangerous driving to not lose a car they are chasing. More often than not they have rusty driving skills and are no match for someone who drives fast routinely and often it's the police that pose more of a risk to the public than the cars they are chasing in that they frequently lose control of their vehicles during pursuits resulting in horrific accidents and public casualties. The villains get away.

Stating the obvious the police dont get enough practice driving aggressively and at constant high speeds to be much of a match for any driver who strives to be able to evade them daily and has to due to lack of proper documents for the car he's driving or some other illegality of the vehicle or the up-to-no-good nature of the peoples within. The paradox is that the officers who habitually just give their cars total melt for pure practice reasons although breaking the law are probably their best drivers and the coolest under pressure of an actual pursuit.This guy wasnt one of those, Driving fast safely is an art and not something you do on a crowded expressway just because your car has stickers and lights on it that say you can.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

No way.. not going 120 you wouldn't.
Jailed for sure.
Here if you go 25 over it can mean loss of license.
Doing 120 over (and not stopping immediately for the cop, remember she chased this guy for 4 minutes) you would go straight to jail.

This guy has speeding (likely over 25 mph over), reckless driving, reckless endangerment, and evading arrest.
Also since he was in a police cruiser probably some law about improper use of equipment (xcathandra could answer that).
edit on 31-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

This badly trained fool had no business being in the police force. There should be a minimum near genius i.q. level for police entry candidates. They need to be far better trained and with personalities that can actually cope with the kind of responsibilty involved. The power to lord it over anyone attracts a bad element to law enforcement. They need to be screened out before they even begin training.

Angus, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire post associated with the above comment.I think your above points are very well taken, yet still remain a problematic occurrence in police work. I think cops who are lacking in the ability to communicate and seem to believe it's more important to reflect a demeanor of superiority instead, exist in agencies,despite the microscopic background investigations, for a few reasons. One of them I mentioned today in an earlier thread.....and that's the minimum age level of 21 that agencies are willing to hire at. There are many other reasons, too, but this is just one area that I think should be re-evaluated.

You have a very valid point about the level of responsibility one has in a position like this. Not many 21-year-olds have a significant amount of experience in handling people from all walks of life, especially in potentially dangerous and emotionally charged situations. Then there's the issue that people who are a few decades older sometimes don't take too kindly to some young person trying to assert authority over them in the first place.

The level of power and responsibility accompanying police work placed in the hands of someone with the mentality of this maroon evading in a marked police car is certainly worthy of concern from anyone. What I find most disturbing is this guy's obvious lack of concern for the way he could be viewed by members of the public who perceive him driving like a maniac to a destination that doesn't even carry enough severity to require him to display lights and siren at speeds of 120 mph.. Obviously, this factor is insignificant compared to his belief that the priority was to arrive on time to a social event that might be attended by some local big shots.

I'm still wondering why that female officer didn't wait for backup before taking him into custody in a felony stop situation. She had no idea what she was dealing with, and if her suspicions about it potentially being a commandeered, stolen, police car had been correct, she would have put herself in a very compromising position walking up on that guy like that, given the high likelihood of him being armed, simply based on the source of his transportation. LOL

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Good to see this finally happening. Cops aren't above the law. Listen to him all smug. He thought he'd get away with it too.

All I got to say is watch out for women cops.

They'll cut off your balls and eat them for lunch.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Also since he was in a police cruiser probably some law about improper use of equipment (xcathandra could answer that).

Yeah, Vic, I'm sure he also faced disciplinary action for some sort of violation of department policy relating to his reckless use of the police vehicle without justification.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

All I got to say is watch out for women cops. They'll cut off your balls and eat them for lunch.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to ask you to post photographic evidence of this claim before I take it at face value.....and it had better be a pic taken during a valid lunch hour period.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

miami police and miami in general is just corrupt. I have heard rumors from credible people of police CHIEFS selling coke at large quantities. saying this in person might get me killed but, hey it's the internet so i can rat out thugs. edit on 30-10-2011 by wlord because: (no reason given)

I only know what I know. I have personally seem more corrupt cops than honest ones. My conservative neighbors HATE cops (my words), I think the problem is not the workers themselves, it's the nonsense expected of them.

edit on 10/31/2011 by FrenchOsage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join