It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunpoint Arrest of Cop Going 120 MPH in Cop Car

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

That fool was endangering people's lives at those speeds and for what? A second job? I wonder if his department was aware he was moonlighting.

It wasn't a "second" job..it was a private school where there were high end people to be attending..

and that makes me very curious...as to what this private school is all about.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
this thread is going to be a major headache for those who defend everything cops do.

its the first time i have have been able to critise the actions of one cop whilst praising the actions of an another, in the same thread. its good to see that there are some cops who know when the boundries have been pushed to far and will not cover up for their fellow cops.

now if somebody came forward to point out the cop who threw the flash grenade at people trying to attend to a seriously injuried man, more faith would be restored.

the good thing about this incident is someone on the side of the law standing up for the public,it's a rare occasion to see them defending us.This is a refreshing change...good for her

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
He won't be punished, but what's important here is that he was taken off the road. The best thing a good police officer can do is do as they promise, and that's serve and PROTECT and make sure idiot drivers like the Miami officer don't be stupid when they get behind the wheel. She did her service and protected the motorists.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BLKMJK

I find it offensive that it took him over 4 minutes to pull over. He claims he did not see her, yeah right. If it was a regular guy he would have gotten slammed to the ground and there would've been mass amounts of back-up. All he got was a misdemeanor?!!?!?!?! Last time I checked for any state was anything over 100 mph is an automatic felony. He wasn't on a call so he was off duty which makes him open to the laws of the rest of the world. Just another waste of life wasting more tax dollars.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
My only problem is this guy got a slap on the wrist.... Any one but a cop kept speeding that fast and driving for 5 minutes before finally pulling over.... Just how much trouble do you think you would be in?

At least this lady seems to care and did something... But come on.... A misdemeanor moving violation? How about, fleeing the scene? Obstructing justice? Resisting arrest ( considering there was a 5 minute chase)?

This happens all the time with Miami Police? For god sake make a freaking example out of this guy!

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennylee
The only thing I see wrong with this story is they only cited him with a misdemeanor. If it would have been you or me, we would have had 1st degree Wanton Endangerment charges against us which is a Felony, plus numerous other charges, along with our driver's license revoked.

Its good that he got pulled over, but this clearly shows that the police can do things and get a slap on the wrist where we would go to prison...

At this stage of the game this should be an obvious fact. Corruption is all around us, we only see a millionth of a fraction of the actual story. If you all knew how corrupt the world really is you would hide in a corner and cry yourself to sleep.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

That fool was endangering people's lives at those speeds and for what? A second job? I wonder if his department was aware he was moonlighting.

It wasn't a "second" job..it was a private school where there were high end people to be attending..

and that makes me very curious...as to what this private school is all about.

Well,I don't know. A lot of Schools in my area ( I live in Dallas) have SRO's ( Student Resource Officers). They are off duty police officers who are stationed in the schools. For purposes of protecting students, but they also are there for counseling purposes as well.

So, it could have been something like that... Only, It was night in that video... So.... Maybe not...

Unless he was supposed to be there for a football game or some other sporting event? I don't know.

Just speculating as far as why he would be going there.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I listened to the tape again, and I missed a few words the announcer was saying..was listening to the cops..and I really misunderstood that part..

It was only another job, at a private school...with high end type people there.

Nothing suspicious about that.. and I should have listened to the announcer more carefully instead of trying to listen to the cops in the tape.

I'm old and getting senile..so I can't do two things at once well... sometimes not even one..

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I have been treated very well by all of the police officers I have had dealings with except in Dallas and even there only 4 or 5 negative encounters........... I can't count all of the times I was pulled over for speeding and let go with just a warning and one time released after I was drunk out of my mind and taken in for a breathalyzer test during a torrential down pour.......

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teebs

Originally posted by Phenomium
Leave it up to a woman to over dramatize a situation and try to fit in as a man. He should have arrested her for assault with a deadly weapon and shot her for looking like a bull dog, instead of a woman.

Blatant misogynism. Have you been mistreated or abused by a woman in your life, possibly in your childhood? Self examination can help pinpoint the reason that you harbor this disdain towards women that you feel have some sort of power over you.

Trying to act tough with that gun, she looked rediculous.

Ridiculous...

BTW, this is one of my favorite clips of all time. It comes with the territory, welcome to what it's like to be a man in the workforce. Just my opinion mixed with a bit of truth. If I were a cop driving by this scene, I would stop and arrest this woman for physical assault, for making this gentleman almost throw his arm out of the socket.

Thankfully, you're not a cop. People that take pleasure in watching another human being beaten, nearly to death, simply because she is a female officer, should not be in any position of authority.

Ok, you got me. It was an ex-wife. Because of her and her mother, I now hate all women. I will never hurt a woman physically, but every chance I get I am going to crush their soul. I am a pretty decent looking guy, I have been told. It helps me to get women to fall in love with me (of course I act) I certainly don't show my true colors, until they are deeply in love...and then I pull the rug out from under them and make them suffer emotionally. I don't hide it though. I inform the women that I emotionally destroy why I did it. To make them feel ashamed to be women. It's not against the law to hurt someones feelings. I have read all the books on women, and studied them as if a hunter studies deer. I come on as smooth as mocha and leave them as rigid as a chainsaw. Feminists.....no way am I going to seduce a guy wrapped in a woman's skin, so they are just ripe for psychological warfare. But yeah, it all started with a woman, it will all end with many of them just as emotionally souless as me. Just doin' my part. you should be a psychologist, I feel much better conjuring up some of the images of beautiful roses that I have run my emotional lawnmower over. I study psychology as well, as quick as you made me a respected foe, suggests that you have some wounds of your own. Who was it that crushed you?
edit on 31-10-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

More proof ATS attracts all the nuts. I suspect at least 50% of members belong in a mental hospital.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR

More proof ATS attracts all the nuts. I suspect at least 50% of members belong in a mental hospital.

The post you were referring to was so way over the top..I thought it must be sarcasm.. still hoping it was..

...but... you never know..

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The speeder, he'll get nothing... maybe suspension for a week tops.

But that woman just ended he career. Jesus, what a rookie. Never rat on another cop. There is a code.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Dang...! This video made me smile. Really glad to see some officers don't see others as above the law. But... kind of disappointed that he only got a small misdemeanor for speeding at 120mph! If any of us were going that fast, would we not have a much more serious offense?

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry you were misused by some evil b******, but you shouldn't take their betrayal out on other women. For one, it doesn't make them ashamed of being female, it turns them into what you are now and ends up continuing the cycle. Doing this makes you as bad as the ones who mistreated you. You can rise above that!

On topic, I'm proud to see that cops are held accountable for their actions... even if it was a slap on the wrist... he will be more careful in the future.

I've driven down the highway to many times and were passed by speeding reckless driving cops. I'm glad they are being held accountable!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PunchingBag80

Watch yourself and those one liners.

Unbeknownst to most, I am a long time respected poster on this website. My accounts are, however, often banned for my liberated viewpoints and insights too intense for the common drama absorbed initiate into the world of conspiracies. Some moderators have found me especially difficult.

Speeding aside, these people are both public servants enforcing silly rules and pretenses on each other. You guys are merely playing a side, while still supporting such criminal codes and conduct with your psychic energy. We would all be better off if both were killed and their corrupted morals removed from the collective. Then again, not many of us are ready to act as sovereign citizens.

Going 120mph on the freeway is a rather liberating experience, only if you take responsibility for it. I don't mean that in the legal sense. Ah, how can I depict higher values to these imbeciles...? Hehe...

edit on 1-11-2011 by AnotherAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
this is too funny.... not having a good day, but this made it better... haha... i wish i was there just to rag on him... cops abuse their power all the time and it felt good to see the trooper handle her business... haha... a cop got a speeding ticket... too funny... almost as funny as getting pulled over for one headlight while the cop had just one headlight

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ker2010
That was great!!!! Why did the dumbass not have his lights on though?

You are not required to have lights or sirens on in many departments.

Where I worked, we had Code 1, Code 2, Code 3.

Generally speaking:

Code 1 is basically get there ASAP. No lights or sirens needed

Code 2 is get there immediately. Use lights and sirens when necessary (in heavy traffic, intersections, etc).

Code 3 is get there yesterday. Full lights, sirens, and haul some serious ass.

He probably would have never gotten pulled if he did.

We had a (ironically) woman trooper here that would do this same crap (pulled over a few officers on the way to calls who were going Code 2). One of them, she tried to arrest the officer for evading police (he was on his way to a dispatched call, she was trying to pull him over, he thought she was going to back him up.
). She would actually call dispatch if she saw us going Code 3.

edit on 11/1/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by g146541

We weren't in a motorcade ... we were traveling TO the inauguration ceremonies in Austin. There was absolutely no need to drive that fast. We were there and in position hours in advance. We knew about this assignment weeks in advance. And there was certainly no need to rush back home from Austin to Houston.

And their "officer's agreement" pertains to all non-emergency speeding.

Here in Texas, local and most county law enforcement will let it slide if you are in a marked car. DPS will screw you over half-way to hell and back.

The assumption (right or wrong, I am not making a call. Just giving out info) is that you obviously passed the driving part of the course, and so you are competent at knowing and controlling your vehicle at all rates of speed.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff
What concerns me is whether the lady cop gets it in the neck from her fellows, she wont be popular with the boys in blue, and possibly the male state troopers as well.

Oh, she is going to be black-balled hard.

I can guarantee that.

She better slash her t's and dot her i's from here on out. If she gets let go or leaves her position, she more than likely will not get another law enforcement job.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join