It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-Span: Libertarian & Green Debate Awesome!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Drugs:

Profit from incarcerate people? cobb says educate not incarerate.. provide treatment and redress the racist criminal system we have in this country.

Badnarik:

people accuse him of being the ibertarian party, we are the party that wants our children to take drugs?? this is false, they recognize that decades old war on drugs is a failure, charles manson is in solitary confinent and he is still able to run a drug co in prison, the war on drugs is a violation of privacy they can search your property, your house, this leads to corruption 58 offices are participating in the war on drugs not helping it.

lp's say you own your own body.... if you dont own your own body you are a slave you decided if you drink alcohol, eat, or take drugs...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
health care:

Health care isn't a right..... people like the sound of that but it isn't ture, the consitution protects the right to your property, you don't have the right to anybody else's property, if we presume you have a right to health care that means you should be able to run into a office and say fix me and the doc would have to do it for free? you do not have the right to demand someone do that..

Where does the gov get the money do to this, they take money out of your pocket take 50 for overhead and give the doc 50, if you could do this then you can take out twice as much money out of my pocket, and he doesn't support this, if you come into my apart to take money,then you are going to need twice as much healthcare.. (his joke)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Sept 11th attacks shook this country both you would take troops out of there, is there a solution and what uses would you have used to support military ect.
what would you do?

Badnarik:

agrees with cobb says.......again, the tradegy was a crime a mass murder not a war... lp aren't pacificts, we promote the 2nd ammendment, so how can we be?
We only retaliate when obl attacked us and al qaida, we go after them, not send 150000 troops to iraq where there weas no connection, it's unconstitutional, immoral and something else I forget what he said.

The only thing he disagrees with is the international criminal court, art 1 section 8 congreess declares war, we do not need world opinion to protect ourselves the constitution is the supreme law of the land..

if we do not have intl ciriminal court and other countries accuse us of ruining their country and policing? how to respond?

thats the def of war, who owns things, over the course of histroy kinds and emrpor s ownsed lands and their power has awas been measure by how much land they own, there have been battles to aquire more and more land, the us has a costitution that athhorise defsense not intl offense, we aren't authorised to be intel police ... we want to follow washingstons advice: we should have economic ties and entagling our alliances with none, we would open up free markets, raise their standard of living, reduce the probably that those countries would bite the hand that feeds them, we are using our military might to influence, we are poking other countries in the eys with sticks, we have an obligation to let them organziae their gov whether we like the way they do it or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Badnarik is KICKING ASS

How can any freedom loving American not vote for this man?

Rant

You talk about swish??????

Hows that lisp on the Green?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Why does David Cobb keep referring to himself in the third person? He's like Bob Dole up there. It's kind of funny, but no big deal. Vote Libertarian.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
balance the budget/deficit short term:

kerry and bush don't answer the real questions they don'te ven talk about it.
bush admin is enable to splaunder a balanced budget so quickly... the super rich had to pay their fair share(cobb) in addition green party wants to cut billions from the military budget, tens of billions annually, that doesn't include the billions being squandered in teh war in iraq, it's not being spent responsibly... (cobb) human needs not corporate greed it's that simple (cobb)

Badnarik:

we are multi trillion dollars in debt... libs tax and spend, bill clinton increased the size by 2.5% /yr ... republicans =smaller gov but it's only a label, bush has increased 7.5% /year and doesn't include the billions of dollars sent to iraq...

lp wants to shrink size of gov, the more gov agencies the more you pay the more the gov becomes.. the lp eliminate lots and lots of federal agencies and push that money back into your pockets...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
diff between your two parties

green patires assumption that you have a right to health care...

private property is essential, the constitution is there to protect your property you do not have a right to anybody else's property, the health care system libs want and the green want is a redistribution system, americans are the most generous culture on earth, proof: 5 billion dollars went to the city of ny, we all empathized, there was no police officer shaking you down, we all voluntarily donated our personal money, the economy grows this way and people will have more money this way, the elderly will have more money and people will have more money to contribute to them and themselves...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Rant

RANT, are you "straying" from the Democratic fold? A tryst with the lisp? I always knew you had it "in you", you little devil.

Note to Green Party members, pretend I'm an endangered species...

Satirical Monkeys, not just for environmental protection anymore...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:39 PM
link   
majority of women in america, corporate america is maj white men... Is this true, does it bother you should gov do anything to change it...........

cobb:

we live in a racist and sexist society... it permiates every institution in this country, institutalized racism is something the green challenges.. it doesn't surprise him the maj or this county is women, but women are not in postions of transnational corporate empire, or boardrooms...

A core diff he believes WE THE PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOVERNMET, IF WE WERE GOVERNMENT THEN IT'S APPROPIATE FOR GOV INTERVENTION, THE GREEN PARTY IS GOING TO REDRESS RACIAL DISCRIMINATION IT'S IMPORTANT ... RACISM SEXISM HE'S PROUD TO TALK ABOUT, THE GP IS A PLACE WHERE WHITE MEN CAN TALK ABOUT THESE ISSUES, GP IS CALLING FOR MULTI PARTY RECOGNITION, SO MORE COLORED PEOPLE ANDWOMEN CAN BE ELECTED..

BADNARIK:

BELIEVES WE HAVE "LEVELS" OF RACISM AND SEXISM , WE'VE COME ALONG WAY REGARDLESS OF YOUR GENDER, ECT, YOU HAVE INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, AND GOV SHOULD PROTECT THOSE INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS, HE'S STRIVING FOR ALL ARE TREATED EQUALLY... UNFORUNTUNATELY YOU CANNOT LEGISTALTE MORALITY YOU CANNOT PASS A LAW TO BELIEVE THE WAY WE ALL AGREE, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH AA IT IS ALSO REVERSE DISCRIMINATION, IF WE ARE OPPOSING DISCRIM WE CAN'T JUSITFY MORALLY THE REVERSE DISCIMIN IF WE ASSUME TO GIVE BENEFITS TO A DISADVANTAGED CLASS HOW LONG AND HOW MUCH DO WE GIVE THE ADVANTAGE..
WHEN DOES THE SCALE BECOME BALANCED/ YOU ARE HELPING ESCALTE RACISM.

WE BELIEVE IN ANY INDIVIDUAL SITUAITON THAT WE CAN USE THE COURT SYSTEM TO ADRESS THIS...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
BADNARIK:

we want the same result we just disagree on the succcessful way to accomplish that, lps want all people in the US to be successful...

If you want to increase quality the service, free market is the only way to go.. one of the reasons why health is so expensive the fda has a 10 yr testing period10 billion health insurance increases cost of treatment, docs can charge excessive prices because they know health co's can charge alot...

gov needs to get out of medicine... this will be less costly, and more people will be able to afford health care...

(paraphrased)

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
should the fed budget be smaller or bigger why?

badnarik:
anytime we ahve a large fed gov you are paying for it, we need to reflect back state govs got together to create a fed gov purpose: do only those things the state were incapable of doing, coin money , post office, and defense...
fed budget should be dramatically smaller and back into the americans pocket books...

what goals do you hope to achieve? Can greens and lp ally together to give us a strong party?

my chances are not ZERO, anybody who tells me i cannot win is lying..
my chances maybe slim and difficult, but not impossible...

i'm here, to advance the stages of liberty because kerry and bush aren't doing a good job of this..

if they were here it would be obvious to the american public.....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Badnarik is KICKING ASS

How can any freedom loving American not vote for this man?

Rant

I think we've found one thing these two both agree on.

Honestly they're both doing great.
To hell with Nader.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Another question from the public:

Q: whats your first plan of action after inauguration.... if you were to be president?

A: cobb:

political realignment that would readdress the way the american people would feel, 45 elected greens in congress, it will mean we can enact all the policies we just described, sign executive order to bring troops home from iraq.
Also, begin the process of universal single health care, also allow, clemency to some dude I forget, but it's deeper then that folks, I am prepared to serve as president not because the others set the bar so low because i'm ready to serve as prsident of the united states.

A: Badnarik:

A difficult question, which to decide? and I believe that signing to bring troops home needs to be #1 and we will need to greet them with a strong and vibrant economy, shut down the federal reverse and stop making paper money. We need a stable currency, we need an investment future, the good news is you dont have to wait, you can start that right now, all you have to do, visit www.libertydollar.org legal, real, and based sound money off value, if we invest in that we can make the f reserve easier to eliminate.

--------------
health care again: The questioner wants to readdress issue:

Anytime you want to increase quality and decrease cost of service, health care is expensive because gov is involved, congress doesn't know much about the constitution how much do they know about health care?
you don't have a RIGHT to health care, and you don't have the right to be born perfectly healthy, there are many people born with deformities, and health problems, if we were to eliminate everybody w/ health problems then these people would never be able to get health care, if we were to privatize health care, cost would be smaller, in a wonderful economy, people wouldn't need to save for health insurance...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
[Honestly they're both doing great.
To hell with Nader.

I must say I respect BOTH of them more than the Big two (even if I dont belive most of the Greens stance)

At least they are not compromising their Values

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Badnarik.....

I believe the death penilty should be enforced at the ATM machine when they are trying to rob you

If you dont vote for Liberty you will NEVER GET IT.

This is not a matter of life and death it is far more important than that

GOD I LOVE THIS MAN

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
how do you plan to fight terrorists? views on criminal justice system? what are they? what are you criminal justice views??

A: cobb:

GP foreign policy is one that understands we need global peace not a global corporate empire... the world would see us as a peaceful neighbor not an oppressor. Dealth penalty: the gp opposes the death penalthy period.
corporate parties both brag about which one will kill more people, we would apply constitutional protection to these terrorists..

A: Badnarik:

gov created a war on poverty and now we have more then when we started, they created war on drugs and now we have more and now the gov has created a war on terrorism??? Terrorism is an abstract concept, it's like shadowboxing you don't know when your finished...

you have a hornets nest on your property, you have a small finite chance of being stung, if you take a bat to kill the hornets, your chance of being stung either go up or down....

We have people in mid eastern who HATE US, the strategy for us right now is to bomb more buildings, children, ect, we need to bring troops home, we need to leave them alone, and that is theonly way to increase our safety...
Let that gov handle them the way they want to.

Death penalty: Best administered at the ATM where the guy is trying to take your money, he has no problem WITH THE DEALTH PENATLY especially if they created murder multiple times, he does know about the morale of it, he also agrees to life imprison...

Closing:

Appreciates c span audience and seeking info for all the choices so you can make an EDUCATED DECISION, he is frequently told, I like you I like your platforms but you aren't going to get the majority of the vote, and so I ask them to clarify... so if your saying if I had 25% of the vote you would vote for me then? if you were on the titanic would you want to be the first person in the life boat of the last person in the life boat?

do you want to be one of the first people to vote for liberty? or do you want to be the last person to vote for liberty? if you vote lesser of two evils and your candidate wins you still get evil....

if you vote of the lesser of two evils in 2004 and 2008 and 2012 when do you decide to vote for liberty, if you don't vote for liberty now you will never get it.

I am here running for pres of united state because I have a burnning desire for liberty, I don't let my mother tell me what to do, and i'm certinaly not going to let the government tell me what to do.

This is not a matter of life and deaht, this is far more important then that, please help me restore a consitutional republic...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Educate, Agitate, Organize...

PEACE! ~David Cobb

Really impressed with both. And they say Dems are the anti-war party.

Did anyone here not know Badnarik was so against Afghanistan and Iraqi actions? Pretty much opposed to all actions against sovereign nations no matter how much we don't like them. I didn't. Would love to see him debate Bush on THAT.

*turning Nader off now*

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Rant you REALLY need to go to the LP web site and read up on what we REALLY stand for not what the Big two try to make us out as

I must say that I was moved

THIS is the America I fought for

The land of the free and the home of the brave.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm appalled by the way Badnarik would smack his lips after every sentence.

Green all the way

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Rant you REALLY need to go to the LP web site and read up on what we REALLY stand for not what the Big two try to make us out as

Dude, I just heard Badnarik say it. Invading Afghanistan and Iraq were illegal unjustified actions. I didn't hear that about LP from Dems or Reps, I just heard it from him and was actually shocked to hear him say it.

He and Green were in dead agreement on it too.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by RANT]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join