It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-Span: Libertarian & Green Debate Awesome!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Did you just get some for yourself or did you order a few??

I see good things coming our way in the not too distant future...
I think the dems and reps are going to be #ting their pants pretty soon...

Very much agreed. I forsee a dark cloud in their future... and his name is Mike.

And yes, I just recieved one bumpersticker for myself. I convinced several other people to order the informational packet along with the bumper sticker though!
Who knows if they'll use the sticker, or even read the information, but its still a positive step!

[edit on 4-9-2004 by sillinous]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
HEAR YE HEAR YE, TODAY IS THE TODAY TO WATCH THE LIBERTARIAN'S DEBATE, NO FILLER, NO CANNED RESPONSES... JUST PLAIN JANE DEBATING STYLE...

WATCH CSPAN AT 1 PM EST....

LL1

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
How interesting 9/6/2004...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
/me has popcorn, a botle of coke light and a 5 liter jug of coffee ready

Any word on Bush and Kerry's presence?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Of course they won't attend.

This is a lame duck event by people who have no power and claim to influence 3% of the electore. I foresee that to be a massively generous.

Politica Experiencel:
Was elected Executive Vice-President of his dormitory at Indiana University

Ahem, Unqualified.

His plan to deal with the deficit is to print his own money? Does he have any idea what kind of effects that would have????

Defence...
As a Libertarian, I reject a conception of national defense that keeps American troops overseas, meddling in the affairs of other nations. Instead, I advocate a national defense which, sans any attack which might require retaliation elsewhere, focuses on the logical area: the nation's borders. As president, I would work to eliminate the Border Patrol and treat border issues as what they are: defense issues coming under the mission and scope of the armed forces.

He's going to overstretch the army by delegating it BORDER CONTROL duties and effectively suspend the war on terror.

The man would be nothing short of a disaster. A vote for Badnarik is a vote for stupidity in the whitehouse*

*See GWBush2004

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
[B] Actually it's not on until 1:30PM

Also show me kerry's qualificatons...You don't "need" to be anything...

Judge those the way you would like to be judged...

Pre judgement is not cool ......

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
/me has popcorn, a botle of coke light and a 5 liter jug of coffee ready

Any word on Bush and Kerry's presence?

My husband is acting like a baby because he wants to go to a beats and eats thing in pontiac mi, but I have set aside this date for a week now...

I won't miss it for the world...

It's at 1:30pm I just saw it on C-SPAN being advertised.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
In the Senate, Kerry serves on several committees:

* Committee on Foreign Relations
* Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
* Committee on Finance

Kerry was the chairman of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship from 2001 to 2003, but lost the position when Republicans regained control of the Senate. He remains the ranking member.

Kerry also serves on several Senate subcommittees:

* Subcommittee on Oceans, Fisheries and the Environment (ranking member)
* Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs. (ranking member)
* Subcommittee on Communications
* Subcommittee on Transportation
* Subcommittee on Health Care
* Subcommittee on International Trade
* Subcommittee on Social Security and Family Policy
* Subcommittee on European Affairs
* Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps & Narcotics Affairs

Kerry was the chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee from 1987 to 1989. He was reelected to the Senate in 1990, 1996 (after winning re-election against the then-Governor of Massachusetts, Republican William Weld), and 2002. His current term will end on January 3, 2009.

In 2003 and 2004, the Presidential campaign of John Kerry defeated several Democratic rivals, including Sen. John Edwards (D-N.C.), ex-Vermont Gov. Howard Dean and retired Gen. Wesley K. Clark. Kerry thus won the Democratic nomination to run for President of the United States against incumbent George W. Bush. On July 6, 2004, he announced his selection of John Edwards as his running mate.

In 1962, Kerry entered Yale University. There he majored in political science and graduated with a B.A. in 1966. He also played on the soccer, hockey, lacrosse, and fencing teams; in addition, he took flying lessons. To earn extra money during the summers, he loaded trucks in a grocery warehouse and sold encyclopedias door to door.

In his sophomore year Kerry became president of the Yale Political Union. His involvement with the Political Union gave him an opportunity to be involved with important issues of the day, such as the civil rights movement and President Kennedy's New Frontier program. Under the guidance of the speaking coach and history professor Rollin Osterweis, Kerry won dozens of debate contests against other college students from across the nation. In March 1965, as the Vietnam War escalated, he won the Ten Eyck prize as the best orator in the junior class for a speech that was critical of U.S. foreign policy.

In the speech he said, "It is the specter of Western imperialism that causes more fear among Africans and Asians than communism, and thus it is self-defeating." Because of his public speaking skills, he was chosen to give the class oration at graduation. The speech was hastily rewritten at the last moment, and was a broad criticism of American foreign policy, including the war.

While attending Yale, John Kerry joined the Skull and Bones society in April 1965 at the invitation of his friend John Shattuck. Both of the Presidents Bush are also members of this invitation-only group.

John Kerry

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yeah Nerdling you are right thats exactly what we need another man bought and paid for and hand picked (to lose) to Bush.

You are admiting yourself he is just the same as Bush.

We have 3-5% this year

We'll have 5-8% next election or so

Maybe 10-15% on down the road we are in this for the long term

Sooner or later we will get matching funds and the strangle hold the big two have on America will be over

According to the CONSTITUTION the military is to protect OUR borders

Not run around the world playing police man in every third world country in the world.

Its funny the only man running for president that knows that you call Unqualified.

Sounds like he knows the constitution better than King George or Kerry

But why should knowing the constitution make any difference right? Hell you can just change the laws as they suit you like they do now.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Oh yeah, i forgot they're all pawns of Satan himself and Badnarik is the knight in shining armour coming to protect your godlike constitution.

Of course they know its part of the constitution, they just choose to ignore it, if it became such an issue there would've been an amendment made. And it just happens to be 200 years old when the greatest threats were massive armies crossing into the US and not several dozen terrorists.

Move with the times.

3-5% is generous. I'd say 1 or 2.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Oh yeah, i forgot they're all pawns of Satan himself and Badnarik is the knight in shining armour coming to protect your godlike constitution.

Of course they know its part of the constitution, they just choose to ignore it, if it became such an issue there would've been an amendment made. And it just happens to be 200 years old when the greatest threats were massive armies crossing into the US and not several dozen terrorists.

Move with the times.

3-5% is generous. I'd say 1 or 2.

So we need to ditch the Constitution?

Our leaders need to ignore it?

We know where you stand. I would be happy to debate this on another thread. how about here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And 3-5% is in the Polls taken depending on the state

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

In the Senate, Kerry serves on several committees:

* Committee on Foreign Relations
* Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation
* Committee on Finance

Kerry was the chairman of the Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship from 2001 to 2003, but lost the position when Republicans regained control of the Senate. He remains the ranking member.

Kerry also serves on several Senate subcommittees:

* Subcommittee on Oceans, Fisheries and the Environment (ranking member)
* Subcommittee on East Asian and Pacific Affairs. (ranking member)
* Subcommittee on Communications
* Subcommittee on Transportation
* Subcommittee on Health Care
* Subcommittee on International Trade
* Subcommittee on Social Security and Family Policy
* Subcommittee on European Affairs
* Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Peace Corps & Narcotics Affairs

After all this you think he would have learned something.

Does he have the same kind of attendance at these meetings like he does at the senate??

Because he's there to speak for the people of Mass. And apparantly he doesn't really seem to give a #, and his attendance speaks louder then his mouth does...

Like he would say "senate, shmenate" I'm sure he applies this idea to the other subcommitee meetings he belongs to.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
10 more minutes and you will see the greatest politcal party in 2004...

If this party is on your ballot in your state, the vote counts...

I get my yard sign in a week! And 300 brochures to go along with it...

I see undecided voters everywhere, they hate both parties, and they are in the dark about this one...

These people don't want their rights #ed with and thats a good reason to vote for the lp... Along with social security, taxes, education, gun control, and forein policy...

I want my god given rights.... So the LP has become my saviour...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Uh

I'm watching this.

At the very start the date read 8/30/04.

So much for live.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Green candidate is already appealing to me alot more than Badnarik. I have nothing against "Mike" but he's a storyteller, he spent those 2 minutes on a wussy rant about its terrible that middle american cant have cooler things.

The Greens have it so far.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The Green candidate is already appealing to me alot more than Badnarik. I have nothing against "Mike" but he's a storyteller, he spent those 2 minutes on a wussy rant about its terrible that middle american cant have cooler things.

The Greens have it so far.

Green's do kick butt on liberal ideology.
They're like Democrats without compromise. Though wholly unelectable in corpo-capitalist America, they are a growing International movement nonetheless. If nothing else I'd hope conservatives would see this to understand what REAL scary liberals are so they'll quit thinking Democrats are commies.

Badnarik? Swish, swish.

JUST COME OUT ALREADY!

You'll get more votes with sugar, Honey.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Actually it was 8/31/04

It's on now!

So far his opening statement:

He's working hard to spread the message.

Accused of being liberals... Aren't, but are on some issues.
Accused of being Republican...Aren't, but are on some issues...

Rather Liberty-tarians...
"libery" could use a good definition right now

Why leave your parents house and live in a danky apartment with a mini fridge, old rusty car, ect... Why leave affluence??

-for liberty.

Inside we all have a burning desire to make our own decisions, either you can or the government can...

Do you have the Audacity to make your own decisions?

Then you have the burning desire inside of you to make your own decisions

He cannot respect himself if he votes rep or dem, so he is running for president.

We need to rekindle the fires of liberty inside of us all...

(paraphrased) by me.

----------------------------
Question: Would you make it easier to amend the constitution? Do you agree with gay marraige? Would you agree to amend the constitution??(paraphrased by me)

Badnarik:

The constitution is the law of the land in America, he does not agree to amend the consitution, he does not agree to make it easier to amend the constitution..
Our founding fathers deliberately made it difficult to amend the const.

2-3 of congress and 75% of state legislature votes to amend...

Gay marraiges have the same equal rights as everybody else...
---That his answer to the first question.
-----------------------------Paraphrased by me -------------------------

Question 2 & 3:

On 527s: Swift boat ads.. Whats your position, and what do you have to say about it?

Answer:

I agree and disagree, I agree that cor p are not real people and that they do not have right as ident in 14th amendt, contradictory, w/ regard to freedom of speech corp should not have rights to route mouney to both political parties wha they are hoping to do is grease the skids for corporate welfare, individuals should have the right to express their political opinions and spend money on politics not corps...

Social security:
Called for self investment........Can the system be kept solvent without tax incerase..?

It's like titanic with properllers in the air, he watched john kerry's speech, he announced he had a great love and wanted to keep them on social security.
Social security is $7 trillion dollars under funded... very few people feel secure...
These people have to make a decision to spend money on either food or medication every month.

I follow the example of chile, privatized version of retirement, within 2 yrs 98% left the government controlled system, we can do the same thing here, we don't have to take away social security from anybody but we can give them two options instead of one....

---paraphrased, more to come.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Badnarik? Swish, swish.

JUST COME OUT ALREADY!

You'll get more votes with sugar, Honey.

He's afraid if he comes out he might be mistaken for a Democrat or a Republican...

Insert Dave Matthews' angst here...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The aarp polls said there is a strong majority of 77 million people believe in a strong third party and something needs to be done to boost the third parties.
paraphrased by me, my fingers only type so fast..

I will be doing this the whole way through...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Badnarik:

Agree with Cobb: we need to change the way we elect our cand. An instant run off voting is an improvement, we can also change it earlier then that by having freedom of speech excercised in the united states, it's sad that two major parties chose not to be here, to not debate cobb and I, i am confident david will agree when I challenge to bush and kerry to join us in these debates.

If we're insigniicfant and not a threat then there is no reason to keep us out of the debates.

are they terried that people will respond to a third party candidt I can understand why they dont want to be here at the table of ideas.

let me remind you that there are 535 member of congress and 285 million americans if you demand that david and I be in the debates there is no way they can resist us.

question: address self interset of americans 100 yrs from now..
what decision will you make that will be most important to the people in a century for now.

They need to conform to the constution it is the supremem laws of the land it gives generaliteis not specifics we the people who are dained and estblish teh constiiton we created the gov in 1789 the gov works for us not t the other way around.

the soul purpose of the consitution is to protect our lives, property the gov cannot protect us if they claim emminendt domain they cannot claim if we allow them to do this, then it presupposes that they are better then us.. as a libertarian i reject this hypothesis.

cholesterol is not in your best interst, we can put up a juice bar and celery sticks because its in your best interst, we can wake you up at 5am in the morining to get you to excerise because it's in your self interst, we are the govenrment and we are better then you are. he rejuects this thoery.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join