It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-Span: Libertarian & Green Debate Awesome!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I have made a paraphrased transcript... Most Badnarik and few Cobb responses, my fingers are only so fast, but cspan.org will have more...

pages 2 &3 have their stance of issues opening remarks and closing remarks and real questions with real answers....

Please read them.... We need as many people as we can get don't vote for corporate structured government anymore...

Flip to pages 2 and 3

[edit on 6-9-2004 by TrueLies]

[edit on 6-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Two more days until the debate!!

Get your lawnchairs (or sit on your comfy couch/recliner) crack a beer and watch a real debate, NO CANNED RESPONSES, NO dress rehersal...

It's all real baby!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
No offence...

But they can make every political promise and say all the things you want to hear without any of it being realistic at all as they have no chance of getting into power.

It will be a lame duck debate on ideology.

I'll still be watching and applauding the actions of third party candidates.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
No offence...

But they can make every political promise and say all the things you want to hear without any of it being realistic at all as they have no chance of getting into power.

It will be a lame duck debate on ideology.

I'll still be watching and applauding the actions of third party candidates.

Offence is spelled offense... sorry I get anal about that sometimes...
(no offense, lol)

Sure they can make promises ect, but i'm listening to the lp because I know they aren't full of #, they are the only "real" party that actually gives a damn about civil liberties taxes health and retirement plans... Their most logical and well i'm voting for them regardless if they get in or not...
And I highly doubt the framer's of the constitution were lame ducks...
That's where the lp stands right beside the constitution..

We need more realistic debates such as this one, not some blowhard monkey trying to tell us what he imagines for our futures and what he promises to do to make our lives better like john scary...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLiesOffence is spelled offense... sorry I get anal about that sometimes...
(no offense, lol)

It can be spelled both ways...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
Sure they can make promises ect, but i'm listening to the lp because I know they aren't full of #, they are the only "real" party that actually gives a damn about civil liberties taxes health and retirement plans... Their most logical and well i'm voting for them regardless if they get in or not...
And I highly doubt the framer's of the constitution were lame ducks...
That's where the lp stands right beside the constitution..

We need more realistic debates such as this one, not some blowhard monkey trying to tell us what he imagines for our futures and what he promises to do to make our lives better like john scary...

They can afford to care about civil liberties and such because they'll never be able to put their ideology into motion. Do you believe Kerry and Bush are against the civil liberties of Americans? Well Kerry anyway. Sure everyone would enjoy a massive spectrum of civil liberties where you didnt have to answer to anyone but that would be incredibly impractical. I feel stupid saying this but we really are fighting a war on terror and sacrifices must be made but only to a small extent. Bush has gone way over the line.

Yeah they're ordinary guys, but I don't know who they are, they've got no "voting records" and little prior public service.

Maybe they're just not qualified. But hey, Bush got in so the best of luck to them.

P.S.
offence Audio pronunciation of "offence" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-fns)
n. Chiefly British

Variant of offense.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
woops i'm sorry didn't know.... Learn something new every day!

Onto the issue:

Bush is a good example of getting into office and kerry is a good example for what money can buy..

The presidential position doesn't earn much per year but it's the money you get from your "friends in higher places" that will really grease your pockets..

These guys don't know about what people need.. They don't live in reality like the rest of us, Kerry's voting record is the exact opposite of what he spewed out at the dnc..

Bush's record shows us that he too was full of # at the rnc when he spoke. So I think the voting record and presidential record of the past four years is null and void..

Badnarik isn't out to lunch on his ideas.. These ideas are what shaped the nation in the beginning... It's not far fetched..

The other thing you don't understand is that libertarianism isn't anarchy...
www.lp.org

There is a line to be drawn in the sand and the line stops when people start infinging their # on others... A civil society can still be civil without intrusive government, and police can do their real job of fighting real crime rather then cimes that affect an individual because they chose to do it to themselves.
Billions get wasted on this every year...

I'm kind of tired so I don't want to get into it right now, but i'd love to discuss with your tomorrow... i guess maybe i'll do one more if you post..

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I wonder if Bush and Kerry will even show up :@ The list on badnarik shows the Invited people, but I haven't read much on confirmations of who will be present.

Kerry is possibly, but Bush?
You think he could even make a single point in a debate agaist Badnarik?

[edit on 3-9-2004 by thematrix]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
I wonder if Bush and Kerry will even show up :@ The list on badnarik shows the Invited people, but I haven't read much on confirmations of who will be present.

Kerry is possibly, but Bush?
You think he could even make a single point in a debate agaist Badnarik?

Well his speech last night was something I could see Badnarik saying except I know the difference between the two.. One smells like a steamy pile of # and the other smells like roses... Badnarik roses, Bush steamy pile of dog doo...

so I doubt it... I bet if it wasn't rehearsed and badnarik asked him about 911 and iraq I bet bush would let some things slip.. Usually truth comes out of the unconcious and people don't even know when it comes out..

Kerry of course wouldn't know if he should go or not it would all depend on ratings, media attention ect..

It just goes to show that these two people don't give a # about us, they don't even have enough deceny to go out and address issues with the third largest party in the nation... That to me speaks volumes... I find it personally dispicable...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What was Bill Clinton's voting record before he was elected President? Would Bill Clinton even have been the President without the help of a third-party candidate that garned close to 20% of the vote, a great deal of it from conservatives? I'm not comparing the third party candidates to Clinton's pre-Presidential resume, but see what I'm getting at?

I think we all realize that no third-party will win this year. Of course I'd like to see it, but I'm realistic. The candidates know this too. The whole purpose for third parties to even run for President is to get their "ideologies" out, minus the rhetoric. People have to recognize and understand radical ideas so they don't seem so radical.

Of course it would help if a billionaire bank rolled us.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
According to a posting at www.c-span.org..., C-SPAN will cover the debate between Green
Party Presidential Nominee David Cobb and Libertarian Party Presidential Nominee Michael
Badnarik on C-SPAN at 1pm ET Monday, September 6.

This is the debate which was held in New York City during the Republican National Convention.

It isn't the 5th but now the 6th, so for all you fellow libertarian buddies out there, show your support and tune in!

cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I wouldnt miss it for the world.

There is NO WAY Bush OR Kerry would show up for this for one it is unscripted so they would have time for there staff of writers to polish up the best lie to spoon feed us.

Secondly BOTH would lose votes. PERIOD.

Going into this debate with them would make this a REAL contest instead of the scripted farce we are watching now

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Does anyone know why they didn't invite Nader? Just third "parties" maybe?

If they had asked Nader they could get more coverage.

He's getting like 1 in 20 votes for some reason.

PLeas bump this around the time on MOnday. Looking forward to it.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Does anyone know why they didn't invite Nader? Just third "parties" maybe?

I thought they did?

I still cannot understand why Nader is getting ALL the coverage and is only on the ballot in a few states..... oh yeah the republicans are backing him.

And Badnarik is getting 3-5% which works out to about 1 in 20.

And that is with NO COVERAGE ON ANY CHANNEL to speak of.

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
here's what I just recieved in the mail, woohoo. I'm so excited...

I'll be watching in style...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Rant

They DID invite him.....

""Because we believe all legitimate, third-party candidates who will be on the ballot in a significant number of states should be included, we've invited independent Ralph Nader and Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka as well as George Bush and John Kerry," Collins said. "The fact is that third-party candidates often air views that the Democratic and Republican parties don't want the American people to hear, which is why it's so important to include them."

Truelies

I am still waiting for mine

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Here are the people to call to find out why the Libertarians are not allowed in the debates between the Republicans and the Democrats

Washington Journal: Democrats (202) 585-3881
Washington Journal: Republicans (202) 585-3880
Washington Journal: Others (202) 585-3882

Dog them

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Rant

They DID invite him.....

""Because we believe all legitimate, third-party candidates who will be on the ballot in a significant number of states should be included, we've invited independent Ralph Nader and Constitution Party candidate Michael Peroutka as well as George Bush and John Kerry," Collins said. "The fact is that third-party candidates often air views that the Democratic and Republican parties don't want the American people to hear, which is why it's so important to include them."

Truelies

I am still waiting for mine

Who want to debate a real presidential candidate that has morals and would adhere to the constitution instead of # with it? I know i'd be running the other way too if I was a farce...

I called and asked for 300 brochures and 4 yard signs to start off with... He gave me chuck's number (his brother) because he's in southfield michigan, so I called but he's low on materials, so I called back and I should recieve them in about a week and a half, I donated money yesterday and will be sending more at the end of the month........

I don't think i've ever believed in something so much...
I thought this country was doomed until you helped opened my eyes, and I want to help pass that torch... Thanks Amuk!

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Yay! I just got mine as well! I thought they forgot about us for a while...

posted on Sep, 4 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sillinous

Yay! I just got mine as well! I thought they forgot about us for a while...

I know me too, I had to request it a second time because I thought they forgot, but he said they had to wait for the order to come in...

Did you just get some for yourself or did you order a few??

I see good things coming our way in the not too distant future...
I think the dems and reps are going to be #ting their pants pretty soon...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join