It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing in the Universe is Wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You lose me every time when you say.. what if that was the way it's supposed to be? or maybe that's what they were supposed to do? Supposed to. By whom? By what? According to whom? That I don't get.

I'd also state again that yes indeed if their is no wrong.. then by very definition.. there is no right. Unless you deny the commonly used definitions for those two concepts.. in which case the argument is moot as we are speaking different languages.

I do agree though that perception is the most important part of this or any other argument or communication. I used to see society as basically billions of people sharing a common reality.. over time it seems apparent to me that that notion was overly simplistic. I now see things as billions of separate realities, sharing one tiny planet, and clumsily trying to express ourselves when we interact with someone else's perception.. or reality.

And then there are times when philosophical questions just make my head hurt

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by gabby2011

Originally posted by smithjustinb
reply to post by gabby2011

Evil is subjective.

I realize this...

Then you said

I will never buy into those views...of evil being subjective

edit on 27-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

I realize that is contradictory, but if I could clarify what I meant by saying that to a degree ...I think evil is subjective..meaning there are some things I don't consider evil..that others might.. but past a certain point.. it isn't subjective anymore..its common sense.

So evil as a whole is not subjective to me..because there are degrees and layers to it....and what you find in some of these layers... could never be considered good... or even "not evil".

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

excuse me, but you just shot your own argument down.

if you say that love needs to be increased...
wait, how absolute and transcendental did you say it was?

if love's sake is love, why in the hell do we need more love?
or why does love need more of it itself.
trying to multiply the infinite are you?

does it mean theres a lack of love? how can it be, if your love is absolute, theres no need to increase.
if there is any need of anything, it only shows that your love is not love and its not whole.
because if you say love needs to perpetuate itself, its means you're the one aknowledging the void, and noticing you are missing something.

what you need to increase is the love and aceptance for the lack of love.

thats the part of the picture you are not getting.

when you start to love the absence of love where it manifests you will surelly understand that there is already enough love for this world and the next.

nothing to be saved from, nothing to fear, nothing to forgive and nothing to regret.

true love is like an anesthetic, it will make you love when the universe rips and tears us apart atom by atom, particle by particle, back into the melting pot.

dust to dust

such is the way the wind blows you could swear the dust was moving acording to its own senses

we are nothing but animated dust being blown by the wind of love, and love can be a gentle summer breeze that refreshes you or a gust that sweeps you right off balance.

learn to live with it,wichever way it goes.

thats the purpose of life

that and anything else we might want to add on the list

nothing is wrong, everything has a purpose.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

You lose me every time when you say.. what if that was the way it's supposed to be? or maybe that's what they were supposed to do? Supposed to. By whom? By what? According to whom? That I don't get.

I'd also state again that yes indeed if their is no wrong.. then by very definition.. there is no right. Unless you deny the commonly used definitions for those two concepts.. in which case the argument is moot as we are speaking different languages.

I do agree though that perception is the most important part of this or any other argument or communication. I used to see society as basically billions of people sharing a common reality.. over time it seems apparent to me that that notion was overly simplistic. I now see things as billions of separate realities, sharing one tiny planet, and clumsily trying to express ourselves when we interact with someone else's perception.. or reality.

And then there are times when philosophical questions just make my head hurt

If there is kNOw wrong, then Everything is right. You can have one without the other if the intent of this Matrix is that wrong.

What I mean by everything We dew is what We are supposed to dew, is that this thing you call Life, isn't Life. It's an experiment in Chaos, a Matrix designed to create the most Chaos possible, via Control. So all of your supposed wrong, was and is intentionally created, thus, it is right.

The Universe is Perfect Order but it's the exact opposite here. Why? So WE the Souls can learn about Chaos.
So all of your wrong is Chaos and intentionally created so WE can learn from it.

kNot a single Soul has ever been hurt in the making of these Matrices!

Ribbit

Ps: Your conceptual and perceptual reality is the Matrix each and every one of you live in!
If you can break out of those illusions and live only in the physical reality, that's where the real truth lives.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hootsmanwheresmaheid
reply to post by MemeticHarvest

Everything is the way it should be. If you've ever had a Peak Experience you will know this. Just for a couple of second's you reach that incredible level of enlightenment, your whole being understands instinctively that everything is perfection, an unshakeable belief that you are creation and creation is you. You are co-creator with God, no fear, no tears, no regrets. Everything happens for a reason and that reason is love, you are love unbounded, perfection, immaculate. Then you come down like a ton of bricks and everything looks wrong and twisted again. The fact is your consciousness has contracted into your body again and you start to look at thing's as that separate entity again, that charlatan the ego comes rushing back to seduce you into fear, greed, unhappiness. Ego you little b'stard, one of these day's i am gonna kick your but!

But as you said, everything is perfection, so, your ego is perfect as well.

Like the old saying goes . . .

When in Rome, dew as the Romans.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

That is correct there are no wrongs in the universe, Just like their are no rights

because Three rights make a left which one cant know is left or right until one knows forwards and backwards

which is unknown till one understands where down is and up is not

which only discovered from knowing what lies within and what is without
Then the knowledge of truth can be learned, understood and comprehended if one chooses too

Knowledge is the father Wisdom is the mother understanding is the son

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Wow! I love your story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

In duality, there is right and wrong. In the absence of duality, everything just is. I love to see how the universe is always right. Because I do know that everything is just as it should be.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Think you for your time.

Thanks for sharing your descriptive experience. It seemed to me, correct me if I am wrong, that what you are describing here is a discreet, incremental break-through in your comprehension of a universal reality.

Many people out in the world have experiences such as the things you described but they are afraid to discuss it for fear of ridicule, or, they feel themselves at a loss to adequately describe them so they don't say anything.

Sometimes the experiences can be disturbing to the very foundations of thought. But in the end the human mind still needs a refuge... so it builds a refuge... it serves as a sort of prison.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by smithjustinb

I can't stand that argument, as if evil justifies the good, and hurting others is no different from loving and helping them, provided it's "balanced". It's bad philosophy, bad psychology, and bad theology, and it just doesn't "grok" at least not for me it doesn't. Forgiveness is important, and neccessary.

No, evil doesn't "justify" the good... And I think you had that backwards anyway, but, I'm glad you did even if thy was the case... Becaise it made me realize, or remember something. Evil actually creates good. A child grows up on the slums. Seeing murder and rape everyday. It causes such a reaction in their heart and soul, that they grow up to do great things and commit incredible acts of kindness and selflessness. This sets an example forbade new generation and it washes over the land like a tidal wave.

Or maybe they just grow up to become a police officer and arrests the criminals he knows so well, creating a change in the area once taken over by evil.

One thing I know of. You cannot get rid of this thing you know as evil. This is not to mean you shouldn't resist it air fight it. But don't feel dispair when it is not eliminated... Because good also creates evil.

For example, I often thank the universe (my own kind of word for God) for the fact that.I was not born into a privileged life. I know I would not appreciate life nearly as much. And yet, I sometimes find myself wishing a thousand dollars would fall into my lap, just to temporarily relieve some of my struggles. It's only human I guess. But I always eventually realize that I am stronger because of it, my situation. I look at celebrities and am disgusted by their attitudes, and I have to be thankful that I wasn't handed everything and treated like I was special, because it would have made me into a spoiled little sh#. I have moments of arrogance, and I can only think that it would be magnified so much if I was born rich or even "earned" my riches from my looks or by speaking words into a microphone over music or acting in front of a camera, or having an idea atbthe riggtbtime and capitalizing on it at the cost of my fellow humans rather than sharing it freely... I don't want to feel that sense of entitlement. It will only drive us apart further.

You have to have "evil" to have "good", and vice versa. To take this thought a step further, evil Is good, and good IS evil... Destruction creates life and rebirth in many scenarios. We need this tough time we are going through righ now so that we may ascend to a higher society that will never allow these things to happen. Ever again.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You can't spell EVOLVE without LOVE. LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

I am not talking about judgement. If you are the one tied, tortured or threatened as I described an evil scenario in my post, it isnt really about judgement, to my way of thinking. But there are several interesting things you are outlining here. One is that evil must persist, if only as a definition and the opposite reaction, to good, if I understand much of what you are saying. It is seeing the universe of equal and opposite reaction, while saying, I suppose, to know one there must be the other, to provide balance. And in doing so, you can't have one without the other, and so on. Perhaps also, that one is a necessary stress that creates the other. But I don't know that I accept this is the only balance possible or theoretical view of either the physical universe or all it's other levels.
In speaking of judgement, I alluded in my own post to a necessary warning of seeking to define and concentrating too much upon evil, as I feel this often paradoxically reflects back on those who would do such, and in trying even more to eradicate it, find themselves encompassed by it, damaging others in an evil way and leading to even more of the same. I am agreeing with what you say about puritanical viewpoints, or those who would seek perfection and demand it in others, or qualify what good behavior is--to an extent. For me, that qualification is fairly simple: It is the seeking of someone else's pain, lack of freedom, lack of life, to stop or abrogate, control or manipulate another's abilities to have or experience what the person doing these things expects to experience.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I realize that is contradictory, but if I could clarify what I meant by saying that to a degree ...I think evil is subjective..meaning there are some things I don't consider evil..that others might.. but past a certain point.. it isn't subjective anymore..its common sense.

So evil as a whole is not subjective to me..because there are degrees and layers to it....and what you find in some of these layers... could never be considered good... or even "not evil".

You wanna bet. Even some of the worst evils can be justified. I think rape is the only exception. However, even rape will serve as a teacher.

Take murder for instance. Murder is easily justifiable. We all eat meat. Soldiers kill to defend our country. Murder is a basic survival mechanism. And if it is in cold blood, I blame a confused mind. The only evil I know of is ignorance.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Regardless of everything you have said on this thread, this statement:

I have an employee who is frumpy, kinda slow, chatty and annoying. She is a weird one for a girl

Gives me an indication of the type of person you really are.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IblisLucifer

That is correct there are no wrongs in the universe, Just like their are no rights

because Three rights make a left which one cant know is left or right until one knows forwards and backwards

which is unknown till one understands where down is and up is not

which only discovered from knowing what lies within and what is without
Then the knowledge of truth can be learned, understood and comprehended if one chooses too

Knowledge is the father Wisdom is the mother understanding is the son

Then you must be a test-tube baby.

All Rights make a Circle, which perfectly defines this Time-Warp Matrix you call Life.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You wanna bet. Even some of the worst evils can be justified. I think rape is the only exception. However, even rape will serve as a teacher.

The only exception..? Do you realize what sort of things happen out there..

Do you think beating and torturing children for the purpose of entertainment for the the dark twisted souls who enjoy this kind of thing acceptable..?

Do you think its ok to torture animals for fun?

Do you think its ok for people to scam someone 's ID and steal everything they have ?

oh..yes..of course they are all learning experiences...

When something really horrific and evil happens to someone you love.. I sure hope you remember your philosophy about evil being subjective.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview

Wow! I love your story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

In duality, there is right and wrong. In the absence of duality, everything just is. I love to see how the universe is always right. Because I do know that everything is just as it should be.

Zero Control = Zero Chaos = Perfect Order

If you want to see the Perfect Order, just look at the Hubble pics.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Wow...
Four words for you: Karma is a bitch

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Wow...
Four words for you: Karma is a bitch

You's kNot bad for a Scorpio.

You's can count two!

Ribbit

edit on 28-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Are you kidding me? Scorpio is the ONLY sign in the astrological family that matters, RIGHT? *devil horns*

Yup, I can count, I just learned how to read too! Maybe the OP can have a talk with me about my "attitude", he can make me feel better about myself while simultaneously making himself feel better about himself

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

In that case nothing is right either. U cant have a top without a bottom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join