It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing in the Universe is Wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Proofs? Sure, there's proofs. I'm not a memory expert, but I have honed my research skills and it just so happens that I located the exact document I want to present to you. I first looked into this about a year ago, in a thread devoted to the very subject, and it's been about a year since I looked that way again. So, without further ado ...

Over 20,000 known manuscripts document the New Testament text. This makes the New Testament the most reliable document of antiquity (a document written before the printing press). These manuscripts vary in size from a part of a page to an entire Bible (Old and New Testaments). The earliest New Testament manuscripts date from the second century (100-199) AD These manuscript copies were written in different languages by people of different nationalities, cultures, and backgrounds. In spite of all those differences between them, the New Testament texts all agree. (That is, those differences that we do observe between these hand written documents are occasional changes in the spelling of names or isolated cases of missing or changed words. Still, since we have so many copies, it is obvious to anyone but the hardened skeptic can that they all represent the same text.)

Note: Those minor differences that do exist between the Old and New Testament manuscripts are interesting for academic reasons. They are the topic of a future “in depth” Clarifying Christianity page. (It is currently about 10,000 words long and still under construction—stay tuned.)

www.clarifyingchristianity.com...

There's a lot more in that article, but that's the "meat" of the concerns right there. As I recall, we rely on much more fragmented records for some ancient texts that we take for granted such as Homer's (was it the Iliad or the Odessey?), of which there are perhaps less than ten fragmented copies in existance. But get the main point here : when copies exist in distant parts of the world, from completely separate sources, they exist as proofs unto themselves.

I do see where you're going with the "can we prove anything"? line of reasoning. Fortunately (and not belittling your points in the saying), ancient scholars devoted career after career to the preservation of records, and to the authentification, to the point that we actually can prove much of history. To say that "conquerers over-wrote history" is a valid concern, but on a particular point by point basis, we can look into those vetted records and rely on quite a lot of history. As for those which might be fraudulent, isn't that why we're here on a conspiracy site?!

As for the flood, as I recall from threads devoted to the subject, it occurred regionally in the holy land, many proofs of that regional flooding do exist, and the remains of the ark were discovered on Mt. Ararat. That's off the top of my head, yet you can look the thread up just as easily as I!

As for considering all the bible a con and what-not, I'll have to agree to disagree with you on that one. My point above was this : we have humanitarian principles in our society, and laws, and an applicable justice system based on fairness at least in the theory of that, even if it is not applied so properly. A republic of wise thinkers established this from times ancient, and our modern sensibilities can verify that such a societal system exists, and is beneficial to establish among fallable mortal beings, who with some regularity fall short of treating each other with respect, tolerance, patience, and fairness. I think the point speaks mote, and I'm not going to get far by spouting rhetoric about it here, nor by preaching to the choir. Fair enough?

You are the Thermians in this movie:

You (humans) haven't even been on this planet 100 years so everything you used to PROVE your history was planted here, as this entire planet was pre-built before the Start Button was hit and humans began acting their roles out.

You are Pinocchio!

Wake up!

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Okkkay ... if you're trying to say that humans have not been around for more than a century, disregarding all we know, and think we know about history, geneology, carbon-dated materials, living & breathing centurion human beings, and the rest ...

Then the burden of proof is quite on you sir, and I shall enjoy the laugh while you try! Or is it late night and time for your "drinks and wild posts" hour?

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Okkkay ... if you're trying to say that humans have not been around for more than a century, disregarding all we know, and think we know about history, geneology, carbon-dated materials, living & breathing centurion human beings, and the rest ...

Then the burden of proof is quite on you sir, and I shall enjoy the laugh while you try! Or is it late night and time for your "drinks and wild posts" hour?

I've been dew'n it.

But it won't dew any good until you stop believing what you are told and start asking the right questions, like where are the millions upon millions of bodies/bones of the slaves that built the pyramids? Or how about Jerusalem, have you been there? I have and I can tell you that while the old city is surrouned by graves, it's only a few thousand, so millions are missing, that is, if that city was truly occupied for 3000 years.

There are so many obvious flaws in the construction of this Matrix and soon you're going to realize you haven't been paying attention.

Ribbit

edit on 5-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Perhaps the ancients took to incinerating the remains, and beating the bones to dust once again under some ancient Ming emperor's mad decree? Perhaps the missing remains are respectfully still buried where they ought to have been, or have you taken to exhuming all those graves in an effort to find out the truth? The stones will tell the story, won't they? Unless you discover all the earths secrets you will never know, or is ceremonial burial one of our finer achievements that should be considered sacred? Have you encountered the secret of the preserved, uncorruptable saints?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are we getting a little too off-topic now? Don't worry, if you want to continue, please dew. I won't interfere, mech, mukh, much, humberger, hamburger.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Perhaps the ancients took to incinerating the remains, and beating the bones to dust once again under some ancient Ming emperor's mad decree? Perhaps the missing remains are respectfully still buried where they ought to have been, or have you taken to exhuming all those graves in an effort to find out the truth? The stones will tell the story, won't they? Unless you discover all the earths secrets you will never know, or is ceremonial burial one of our finer achievements that should be considered sacred? Have you encountered the secret of the preserved, uncorruptable saints?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are we getting a little too off-topic now? Don't worry, if you want to continue, please dew. I won't interfere, mech, mukh, much, humberger, hamburger.

There aren't any graves to exhume, that's the problem.

Ribbit

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Actually nothing is simple but looking at it deeper makes it complicated. So therefore everything is simple as long as you don't look to far or deep.

That little quip from Albi happens to be the Unspoken Law of Mathematics and considering God's language is Mathematics, then it's Her Unspoken Law as well. So while you think simple ain't simple, it's only because you have complicated the simple.

Has anybody told god that mathematics is its langue? That is assuming a lot on lots of things, do you really things things are as simple as mathematics, especially god and the universe? Stick around a few million years and we shall see what you think then. In fact stick around just into the new age, and we shall see.

Once simple is simple to you, then you will kNow you kNow the Truth.

Everything is simply complicated to me, there is always something that I am not seeing even when I am seeing it, therefore I know the truth.

When you were a child, everything was simple. Look there for the answer.

I have found the answer there long ago, and it was not as simple as a child is simply childish. Not unlike a cell dividing into trillions of cells and systems, unbeknownst to itself even.

Ribbit

You know in some countries frogs and toads are a delicacy.

Croak.

Simple enough listen to what they are saying.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nothing in the universe is right either.

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Actually nothing is simple but looking at it deeper makes it complicated. So therefore everything is simple as long as you don't look to far or deep.

That little quip from Albi happens to be the Unspoken Law of Mathematics and considering God's language is Mathematics, then it's Her Unspoken Law as well. So while you think simple ain't simple, it's only because you have complicated the simple.

Has anybody told god that mathematics is its langue? That is assuming a lot on lots of things, do you really things things are as simple as mathematics, especially god and the universe? Stick around a few million years and we shall see what you think then. In fact stick around just into the new age, and we shall see.

Once simple is simple to you, then you will kNow you kNow the Truth.

Everything is simply complicated to me, there is always something that I am not seeing even when I am seeing it, therefore I know the truth.

When you were a child, everything was simple. Look there for the answer.

I have found the answer there long ago, and it was not as simple as a child is simply childish. Not unlike a cell dividing into trillions of cells and systems, unbeknownst to itself even.

Ribbit

You know in some countries frogs and toads are a delicacy.

Croak.

Simple enough listen to what they are saying.

My Soul has already been around for billions of years, I don't kNeed to stick around to see what's going to happen. This Matrix has been ran hundreds of times, I already kNow the outcome.

Ribbit

edit on 6-11-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Contemplated something.
Tried to do something.
Nothing happened...

Mooji: Nothing

posted on Dec, 18 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
And you don't think our own thinking and reasoning isn't itself the the Universe involved in thinking and reasoning?

I agree with the general gist of your post, and understand the harshness by which the universe can function; but you are desperately wrong to think that 'going with the flow' is the way of being that the Universe intends to select. If truth is the criterion by which evolution advances in human beings, then it'll be the most mentally active and psychologically sophisticated humans who be carried forward: that is, it'll be beliefs like the one just expressed which will be selected, because guess what? It covers more of reality and does a better job 'fitting us' with the structure of things than the mindless attitude of just 'go with the flow'.

What do you think go with the flow amounts to, other than the perpetuation of what's already popular? We are where we are - i.e. with capitalism - precisely because people are going-with-the-flow.

When you realize we are creatures structured by habits - sometimes bad habits - you actually have to go against the flow of your own destructive impulses to fix things. Flowing is thus not an ineluctably 'good' thing; it can be harmful and deluded. Personally, socially, and spiritually, evolution wants the human mind to mindfully participate in its own structuring through knowledge and reason. Assuming that we are somehow different from the Universe - dividing our reflective, reasoning mind from the reality perceived by our embodied senses - is a dangerous confusion that one must use reason to liberate oneself from.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join