It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I believe I will take the wise words of Dr. Banjo from Futurama "Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, THUS sayeth the all mighty creature in the sky!!"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
all those other religions (buhdism, islam, judism) have common themes in them. Floods, devils, dietys, and jesus (yaweh) you say potato i say potato

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240
I believe I will take the wise words of Dr. Banjo from Futurama "Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, THUS sayeth the all mighty creature in the sky!!"

Loves it.

Belief - - definitely does not make something real.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If that is the single purpose in life, then what was the purpose of life before Christianity was created? To be Jewish? How about before either?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonATI
If that is the single purpose in life, then what was the purpose of life before Christianity was created? To be Jewish? How about before either?

Well DUH, there WAS no life before jesus!!

God you people are so stupid sometimes!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

It truly does boggle the mind the things some people come up with, and the means they'll use to justify their viewpoints, lol. I just can't understand how people can completely write off so much history (and this is just the history we have written down) because of something that happened only a couple thousand years ago.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I keep some bibles around at all times. Never know when you'll need to make a cozy fire, eh.

In fact, I feel most relaxed with a good book and a nicely burning bible fire.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow then I guess those isolated tribes in the amazon that have not had the privilege
to be visited by a missionary are screwed
guess they will have to make due with their jaguar gods, forest spirits
and weird hallucinatory rituals to give their lives purpose
edit on 25-10-2011 by ELahrairah because: bitten by a jaguar god

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I love Christian girls
They always put out.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Since you are not replying to my basic questions, I would take you as ignorant.

Before you advise others to become Christian, you must find out what is religion, what is God, and what is Jesus.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Wait, that's all true? I can't believe I had never heard of these undoubtable facts. Can you provide us with the tangible and replicable evidence of these claims (Bible doesn't count), just so we can be sure?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
So life is all about being christian, what is the christian afterlife in heaven like?

Doesn't the christian God ever get sick of all it's followers polishing it's ego in heaven all the time, eternally?

An infinite greed for an infinite ego.

Infinite power isn't going to do any good if one does not realise their own mentally illness.

Too bad it only listens to it's worshippers... that is, if it even listens at all...
edit on 25-10-2011 by ixiy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Mind, body, spirit..

Religions are like the spokes of a wheel. All interdependent on each other to make the entire wheel strong, all are also leading to ONE central hub or truth.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I appreciate your response, thank you. I would have to say though, that for pagan's, deliverance is not expected. The gods are just there and we have no influence over them. They were thanked for making the sun rise, making the moon rise, making the crops grow, claiming the dead, etc etc.

Christianity is a bit of a funny one in my opinion. Take the beghards in the 14th century (and earlier) - persecuted for seeing god in everything rather than in church! Similar practices through the ages mean that it is almost a pre-requisite for church attendance if claiming to be a christian - why is that?

I really do not believe in the question that the thread asks which makes me wonder - if this is correct, what is my life's purpose?

On the other hand, if the thread is actually saying that christianity provides a blue print for social rules that allow society to develop, then possibly this has some merit. At the end of the day, all of the big religions preach the same thing but from differing viewpoints so there must have been some need for it back in the day

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
reply to post by Burgo1010

that doesnt make sense

hey, theres an alien race on a huge planet 40 billion light years away. disprove it.

if the OP stated it, its his duty to show the proof to try and convince us. anyone can state anything and say disprove it, but just because you cant doesnt make it true.

Ah the old I'm right your wrong theory, lol
It makes perfect sense ..... to some of us

Oh Atheism is a religion to - FACT
As for alien life, I'm a believer but I also believe some of these "aliens" may well just be fallen angels ...
edit on 25/10/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy

Spirituality and Christianity are two separate things.

That shouldn't be the case. Without Christ there is no spirituality. God is spirit. What can I say?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Are people in africa going to hell because they have never heard of Christ?

That's is exactly what I meant. You don't have to have read the bible to become Christian (which is spiritual). Life is the opportunity to become of God. It offers the opportunity to have Jesus as your companion in life. What could I tell about a life with Jesus. You just live!

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
How can that be when Christ himself didn't want to start Christianity? His goal was to get the Jews back on track, not start a new religion, which would become a bastardization of Judaism and Paganism.

But no one can even prove "mythical biblical Christ".

I don't doubt there was a politico being by the name of Jesus. Its part of actual history of the time.

Jesus is truth, methaphysically it would be a vibration. Hasn't truth never proved something to you?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

That's is exactly what I meant. You don't have to have read the bible to become Christian (which is spiritual). Life is the opportunity to become of God. It offers the opportunity to have Jesus as your companion in life. What could I tell about a life with Jesus. You just live!

A christian is a follower of Christ. How can they be followers if they have never heard about him?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Possibly that argument is correct from a Christian perspective but again, there are many religions and many spiritualist movements that do not hold this to be the case.

For my perspective, if people want to believe in Jesus and God, then fine. Equally, if people want to believe in a flying spaghetti monster then also fine.

It is the actions of the people that are important rather than the beliefs that they hold. For example, non christians can actually live what would to all intents and purposes a very good christian life but without the religious doctrine.

Basically, each to their own - i judge people on their actions rather than their beliefs. Judge actually sound very harsh but im sure you get my point...

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join