It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

I'll bite...and you ATS preachers just love the Bible quotes. I enjoy some quotes as well.

I do not envy the pomposity and arrogance within the Vatican. Their forthright obedience within the faith corrupts to the very core, until they speak the evils they so predominately despise. -Peter MacAyrton

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. -Albert Einstein

I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature. -Thomas Jefferson

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma. -Abraham Lincoln

I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies. Lighthouses are more helpful then churches. -Benjamin Franklin

And one more...If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine- but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you’ve been bad or good- and CARES about any of it- to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working. --Frank Zappa

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I mean that spirituality is offered in life. One doesn't have to read the bible to become a christian.

Nor does one have to take on the label "Christian" to become spiritual.
You are simply pushing your favorite flavor of spiritual pursuit.

People tout "Christian" like it's their favorite football team or brand of sneakers.

There is indeed more than one spiritual path, yet the destination - Heaven, Nirvana, Bliss - is the same regardless of what labels it may be given.

The more you try to label and define the spiritual journey, the more it divides people rather than unify them.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

well said man...

I would actually rename this thread "Lifes purpose is to make you spiritual"

Though im sure it would also have to be rewritten as well...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i didnt have the stomach to read through the rest of this troll thread.

IF the only purpose of life is to make u christian, what was the other billions of years of evolution and development for. christ was only "supposedly" alive 2000 years ago.

hell, even if you are one of the earth only 7000 years old crowd, that still leaves 5000 years of life with NO PURPOSE.

logic fail.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
with people like the OP out there i still dont get why people get mad when i bring up the idea of militant atheism.

they say let the christians be christians as long as they dont bother us, but they are brainwashing generation after generation! its disgusting.

you know what.. i dont even care if youre christian just keep it to yourself.

"But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." matthew 6:6

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is not rational thinking. A muslim could just as sure thats life's purpose is to make you a muslim. You're rationality is coming from a limited identity of who you are, what you have identified yourself to be. You have excluded the rest of the world just because you identify yourself as a christain.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
but they are brainwashing generation after generation! its disgusting.

Don't be silly, no one can be brainwashed into anything. People make their own choice to decided whether or not something is true. Apparently billions of people have made their own choice to believe the story which you call fiction.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

i think when a person is finally old enough to understand and decide what religion is right for them, a whole childhoods worth of indoctrination is going to play a part in that.

it is brainwashing. its like me raising my child to hate all other countries or races and then when they turn 18 telling them they have the right to go live anywhere in the world that they want. i wonder where they'll pick.

if anything it makes more sense to raise a child with no religion at all until they are old enough to understand and choose one and then educate them about all of the possible religious choices.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

but they are brainwashing generation after generation! its disgusting.

Don't be silly, no one can be brainwashed into anything. People make their own choice to decided whether or not something is true. Apparently billions of people have made their own choice to believe the story which you call fiction.

Not true... people can be brainwashed due to their "fear of the unknown"...

When people start preaching about hell and eternal damnation it scares people into believing something they don't understand...

Not everyone is educated on biblical/spiritual matters... and those that don't actually read the bible might be persuaded into a belief that promotes hatred and judgement of others... Or even brought into said belief because of their family or friends...

Oh yes my friend, religion can brainwash people, as much as any government or hypnotherapist could

edit on 24-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

i think when a person is finally old enough to understand and decide what religion is right for them, a whole childhoods worth of indoctrination is going to play a part in that.

it is brainwashing. its like me raising my child to hate all other countries or races and then when they turn 18 telling them they have the right to go live anywhere in the world that they want. i wonder where they'll pick.

if anything it makes more sense to raise a child with no religion at all until they are old enough to understand and choose one and then educate them about all of the possible religious choices.

The problem with your example is that it is an example of hate. I don't know one religion out there which teaches hate, but I could be wrong about that. I don't see how passing off my spiritual views which have worked for me onto my children would be considered brainwashing. Most parents have only good intentions for their children so it is only natural that they would pass on knowledge that is good to live by down to their children. When the child is older he does have a right to chose if he wants to stick to it.

All I'm saying is that alot of people seem to be choosing God over anything else.
edit on 24-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
"Life's purpose is to make you christian."

Really? It didn't work then. I was a Christian for the first half of my life. I had to learn agnosticism. Too many things just didn't add up for me to continue down THAT path. I don't discount Christ's message. It's a good one, similar to the Buddha. The problem today is that Christianity is totally unchristlike.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

Mohandas Gandhi

www.brainyquote.com...

I don't see Buddhism as a religion either. It's a philosophy on life. Which works for me. I've even coined a phrase here and being Googled has been found to be unique. MY words, "Faith is a beautiful thing. Religion is dangerous."

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The problem with your example is that it is an example of hate. I don't know one religion out there which teaches hate, but I could be wrong about that.

I guess you haven't heard of Westboro eh?

they arn't the only ones either...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

you're right, i didnt think of that until after i posted. but like Akragon said, a childhood full of being raised to believe in a certain religion comes with the fears that if you denounce that religion you will go to hell. i cant imagine it being too easy to turn your back on something youve been raised with when you've been taught if you do so you will suffer for eternity when you die.

i still believe if any religion is to be taught it shouldn't be until the child is deemed old enough to make their own choices. that way its a clean slate open to all possibilities instead of being biased because thats what they were scared into believing

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The problem with your example is that it is an example of hate. I don't know one religion out there which teaches hate, but I could be wrong about that.

I guess you haven't heard of Westboro eh?

they arn't the only ones either...

Sorry, I don't track haters. Maybe there are a few out there, maybe we need to send some real missionaries to set the record straight. But that would be forcing our beliefs on someone. Oh well, I guess some should remain in darkness.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuzMc

Untrue Statement.....PROVE IT!

disprove it ....

I don't see Buddhism as a religion either. It's a philosophy on life.

Really???

It like Hinduism etc is a religion, it is faith or a belief in something, I chose Lord Jesus Christ and today I'm 9 years clean off heroin, speed, coc aine .... and no I did not do it myself lol
edit on 24/10/2011 by Burgo1010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Burgo1010

that doesnt make sense

hey, theres an alien race on a huge planet 40 billion light years away. disprove it.

if the OP stated it, its his duty to show the proof to try and convince us. anyone can state anything and say disprove it, but just because you cant doesnt make it true.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuned Agent

I do not envy the pomposity and arrogance within the Vatican. Their forthright obedience within the faith corrupts to the very core, until they speak the evils they so predominately despise. -Pete
A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. -Albert Einstein

Awesome quote...all of them actually. Let me reiterate my previous standpoint. Research cargo cults...Google "the Jon frum movement" . Now apply the same circumstances to the ancient alien theory. THERE you have your basis of all modern religions.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Sorry for my previous flubb ...still a newbie.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Becoming a believer is the single valuable opportunity that life has to offer.

First I want you to prove my statement is untrue.

I would claim it is the biggest lie ever created by man.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Becoming a believer is the single valuable opportunity that life has to offer.

First I want you to prove my statement is untrue.

I would claim it is the biggest lie ever created by man.

How long can a lie last before it is officially exposed?
edit on 24-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join