It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Becoming a believer is the single valuable opportunity that life has to offer.

First I want you to prove my statement is untrue.

I would claim it is the biggest lie ever created by man.

How long can a lie last before it is officially exposed?

As long as the gullible believe.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

it depends on your point of view. the 'lie' has long been exposed with the advent of modern science.

its whether or not people still decide to believe and have faith in the lie

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Becoming a believer is the single valuable opportunity that life has to offer.

First I want you to prove my statement is untrue.

I would claim it is the biggest lie ever created by man.

How long can a lie last before it is officially exposed?

As long as the gullible believe.

Ok, you got me on that one

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
How can that be when Christ himself didn't want to start Christianity? His goal was to get the Jews back on track, not start a new religion, which would become a bastardization of Judaism and Paganism.
Ultimately the role of any spiritual faith is to try and spread some sense of moral balance to their lives, though most religions fail at this task exponentially, especially since the interbreeding of faith and politics of late, which has nearly torn this world apart, unlike previous ages which rocked only regions.
Ultimately; God (if your faith requires a belief in one) wouldn't care about trivial things like Sabbaths, Buildings of Prayer, or Worship. These are mortal ideas designed to trap people into faiths through control and fear, something that has (not recently) become a tool for gaining unholy amounts of leverage, money, and power. Pun intended.

~FugitiveSoul

edit on 24-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

it depends on your point of view. the 'lie' has long been exposed with the advent of modern science.

its whether or not people still decide to believe and have faith in the lie

Maybe your right, but science hasn't really brought anything hard core facts to the table either
. I could think of a few, but those would most likely be discounted.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Spirituality and Christianity are two separate things.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well.... Considering there are multiple types of Christians, I wouldnt suggest that lifes purpose is to become a Christian... considering the difference in comprehensions of the texts, and how they should be interputated, as well as how they should be imposed or used in governance vary so widely. I wouldn't suggest that by any means, that lifes purpose is to become a christian.
Even considering where many of the texts are derived from, what historical events they are accounts of, and the initiative set forth by those who put the texts together all suggest to me, that it is your own personal relationship with the texts that matters. Having said that, to me, it doesnt matter to even put a name or a label on it. There are so many transcendent and almost use invariance principles which become amazing when discovered(conceptual metaphors are shaweet). In my studies, i've found many mathematical principals, underlying premises and amazing conclusions(pertaining to the future) can be derived from the texts.

I am truly dumbfounded that all these theologians, and experts in many feilds haven't been able to recognize much of what I have found, yet there are many that came very dangerously close...one of those being Isaac Newton and Joseph Smith Jr. I use the word "dangerously" because those who have a 'true' understanding of the texts and the implications through their truths have the ability to transform the world and play off the ignorance of the mass'.

Having shared many of my findings with those in their respective feilds, I feel that the world should be 'let in' on many of the truths 'encoded' in the bible. Yet, the few that have this understanding, and the select that have the power to rule through this understanding all know that in providing truth and the structure only creates further construct to its deniability.

The time is very near I feel that many of these revelations, and 'true' understandings of the texts will be revealed. I just fear that because of the misinterputations and disinformation regarding these texts, that the message will unfortunately fall on deaf ears. That is until the day comes that we are all forced to accept their truths.

I personally would never push my beliefs on anyone, rather I only plant the seed, and if the waters provide sustenance then a crop may come into being and the harvest will support humanity in ways that even I can't imagine.

The PURPOSE OF LIFE, well that's simple.....

It's called, SELF PRESERVATION and PROCREATION
The culmination of both have given construct to our behavioural patterns, our communications, as well as our perceptions as it has been engrained in us through predispositions(both psychological and biological) and cognitive bias'.
We are here to assure the sustainability of our race(humanity), and we always act through dualism in accordinance with this evolutionary structure or trait of life.

I can tell you what the PURPOSE OF LIFE is NOT
1. To take the life of another.... LIFE
2. To dictate or control the freewill of another...LIBERTY
3. To intentionally create an environment that isn't condusive to others success HAPPINESS

HAPPINESS Philosophers and religious thinkers often define happiness in terms of living a good life, or flourishing, rather than simply as an emotion. Happiness in this older sense was used to translate the Greek Eudaimonia, and is still used in virtue ethics.

One must First have LIFE, in order to pursue HAPPINESS through LIBERTY, but first you need LIBERTY to acheive HAPPINESS

It's that simple....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why are there human bones millions of years old? Are people in africa going to hell because they have never heard of Christ? What about all the other religions that are similar, they tell the same story's but older?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
How can that be when Christ himself didn't want to start Christianity? His goal was to get the Jews back on track, not start a new religion, which would become a bastardization of Judaism and Paganism.

But no one can even prove "mythical biblical Christ".

I don't doubt there was a politico being by the name of Jesus. Its part of actual history of the time.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Maybe your right, but science hasn't really brought anything hard core facts to the table either
. I could think of a few, but those would most likely be discounted.

I agree - - the unknown is more vast then the known.

And the "known" is only known within the confines of known science.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8
Are people in africa going to hell because they have never heard of Christ?

Prenote: Although you may not know from my other posts, I am catholic.

My preist asked this question a couple months ago and anwsered it too:

He quoted a passage from the bible that said, in simple terms:

You dont know, so you shall be forgiven, but if you DO know, and you still willingly reject, than you will be in big shi-.

In other words, people like ethical waterwave are actually posioning humanities chances in the afterlife with their spreading of christianity. (According to their own source)

Now dontcha all feel like a bunch of ***********************

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeguy
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Spirituality and Christianity are two separate things.

Christians can be spiritual.

Or - they can limit themselves to man's instruction.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Untrue Statement.....PROVE IT!

disprove it ....

A big man in the sky controls our life.
A small turtle underground controls our life.
A giant hippo that lives in a tree controls our life.
I am the reincarnation of jesus.
I am the reincarnation of buddah
I am the reincarnation of that fly you killed last week.
The bible is the guide to the afterlife.
Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy is the guide to the afterlife.
The book of mormon is the guide to the afterlife.
Jesus was a black man
Jesus was a reptile
Jesus was a shapeshifter
Jesus was a witch
Jesus was a timetraveler
Jesus was gay
Jesus had a wife
Jesus was the son of god

I would like to see you guys PROVE or DISPROVE ANY of these statements.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am not arguing your point. I was merely pointed out, under the assumption that if the story of The Christ were 100% true, that it still would not warrant the claim in the OP, that Christianity itself is a fallacy, altered to the point of absurdity.

edit on 24-10-2011 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
reply to post by Annee

I am not arguing your point. I was merely pointed out, under the assumption that if the story of The Christ were 100% true, that it still would not warrant the claim in the OP, that Christianity itself is a fallacy, altered to the point of absurdity.

It is.

True - - if Christ was real - - - he'd be insulted - - actually horrified - - by what's attributed to his name.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Spirituality is kept & found in ones self, religion is only a guiding tool.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
Spirituality is kept & found in ones self, religion is only a guiding tool.

Please tell me that photo is not you, because if it is, Im calling the Feds... NOW.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

HA....no that would be my youngin'.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismicha77
reply to post by spw184

HA....no that would be my youngin'.

Lol ok, i thought maybe you where some sort of philisophical baby type/

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by SuzMc

Last time, there is only one God.

funny you should insist on that. your book...the bible... states there are many gods, even calls satan the god of this system of things. so perhaps you need to refer to your book again and correct your ignorant statement.

heck even one of the 10 commandments states that you should worship no other god but the god of the bible.
Exodus chapter 20...its the third one "3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

so i guess all i have left to say to you is ...epic fail.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join