It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by ShortMemory

nope

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Turkenstein

Jesus is the only way to God.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

There have been numerous civilizations on Earth before JC was even born.. what do you figure was their goal in life?

Apart from that, why cling to some fantastic story, written by people who were more ignorant than the average toddler nowadays? Seriously, wake up and embrace reality. Be kind to others, as you expect them to be kind to you. There's no need for any god or prophet or other religious BS to be happy!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by ParaNormality

There is only one God who is allknowing.

Orlynao? Than howcome before christians took over the world, almost all religons where polytheistic?
Or how come in YOUR old testament, it says:

Genesis 1:26-27: "And God said, `Let us make man in our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea....' And God created man in his own image in the image of God created he him, male and female he created them."

Notice, US and OUR.

I think that "God" is A god.

Also, it goes on to say later on that god is A envious god and that there should be no gods worshipped before me.

What should he be envious of?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Christian means spiritual person.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

link   
Revelation 22:19 "And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

the bible used today has had 14 books removed from it..the apocrypha. so all those following the current book are doomed to eternal damnation, according to the "good book"

link   

Well ok, how about if you are born into Buddhism? Or Hinduism? Or Islam? Or Judaism? Shall i go on..........

I do, however, understand where you are coming from - IF you are born into the "western world"

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

reply to post by spw184

There is only one God, spiritual one becomes because of Jesus.
edit on 2011/10/24 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

English please?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Christian means spiritual person.

i looked it up
christian means follower of christ... not "spiritual person" arent many pagans very very spiritual?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

in the beginning was also the word.

I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6 NLT)

"Go up, my warriors, against the land of Merathaim and against the people of Pekod. Yes, march against Babylon, the land of rebels, a land that I will judge! Pursue, kill, and completely destroy them, as I have commanded you," says the LORD. "Let the battle cry be heard in the land, a shout of great destruction". (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through. (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city. (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

nice guy hey

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
So your God is the only God? Ok what if you picked the wrong one what you gonna do then?
Why is it Christians in all aspects of my life try to convert me?
I work with one who threatens me with Hell all the time its getting to the point I may put a formal complaint in.
I work in a Mental Health unit and this Christian has started telling the patients that if they become a christian they will get better.....I think this is wrong and gives the poorly people false hope (In there already fragile state of mind)
I have decided that if I hear her saying this again to patients Iam gonna report her.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear"

May I say: FAILED THAN DIDN'T YOU ??
edit on 24-10-2011 by spw184 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

yeah yeah, it only talks about the book of revelation.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

There is only one God.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Blah, blah, blah, . . . . Hey, buddy, do me and everyone else around here who chooses not to subscribe to your religion of choice a huge favor and keep your religions opinions to yourself. You want to believe in some book written by man, about some man who may or may not have actually lived, then go right ahead. But don't try and force your BS on the rest of us. You want to save someone, save yourself, the rest of us will be just fine.

Honestly, these types of posts should be banned because all they do is spread religion hate. You don't want to bring people closer to Jesus, you want to start an argument. An argument you can't win since your only response will be vague, out of contex bible quotes that fit your needs. There is no conversation here, there is no debate. It's you, and a few other bible-thumpers who'll champion your cause, attempting to defend your faith in god in the face of countless truths which oppose your beliefs. It's pointless.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Great job! If you were door knocking you'd be getting doors slammed in your face. Post it on here and people are all over it! Planting some seeds today are ya?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

If your statement is true, it may be true to you and others which believe the same way you do. However, there are so many other religions that exist on this planet, so you are essentially saying that their religion and beliefs are wrong if everyone's purpose is to be a "christian"..
I just want you to back up your statement with facts. Tell us how our ulitimate purpose is to be a christian.
Religion has caused division, wars, etc. Please do not tell me that my ultimate purpose is to be a christian, when the label sickens me with disgust. If you look at the so called christians in the world today....HAROLD CAMPING...he's been a recent topic on here. What about him?
What about this video linked below? I can post 100's more if you like.
Here is christianity's viwe on homosexuality, and that's just one subject!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join