It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
SPW184 had it right in another post ,
lets get all the religous people and put them all in one land mass and let em kill themselves off. Then all the people who just believe in Humanity can get on with the real work and sort the planet out without any nutjobs spouting drivel about Hell/God/ etc.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

BRAVO! I'm so tired of people knocking on my door telling me I'm going to burn in hell for not believing that the only way is their way.....
The bible contadicts itself, the god of the bible contradicts himself and does what he himself has made rules against. The christian church supported Bush's wars.... war is killing people. What abou the 5th commandment "Thou shall not kill"?
Come on people wake up, religion is a way for governments to control the masses, it's been going on since the beginning. Ignorance is why people to not look beyond one book. Live your life according to ONE book? Sorry can't stuff me into that mould!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm speaking for myself only , for me religion and spirituality are not the same . Religion is man made to control the masses , spirituality is finding your path and living a fulfilling life while trying to help others and treating them as You would like to be treated . I grew up Catholic and in my adulthood I could find no use for a punishing and unforgiving god !

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SuzMc

Last time, there is only one God.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SuzMc

I suppose you already made out for yourself where you wanted to end.

You shouldn't put your head in the Religion, faith and theology forum. You guys are the attackers here. It's a sacred place.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is no god, there is no Jesus.....there is no enlightenment and heaven.
Jesus did not perform miracles, Jesus was a flesh and blood human being.
The bible is a book of lies written by the devil to deceive you.
You are actually worshiping satan, and your god is the most evil thing ever to been created.
Lucifer will take your soul and torture you for eternity for being so gullible, and believing the bible is the word of god.

It was satans plan....and millions of you have fallen for it. You are all going to hell to sit by your lord, your savior SATAN!!!

P.s I dont believe any of what i wrote...just throwing some spanners in the works as it were

Get over it....religion is a farce, people who believe in sky fairies are a sandwich short of a picnic. There is and never will be evidence for "god" as they do not exist.

Lifes purpose is not to make you christian....thats a very strange statement which could only be made by a person indoctrinated from a very young age. Shame on your parents for forcing this nonsense into you grey matter!!!

link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by Turkenstein

Jesus is the only way to God.

That is entirely untrue.. Maybe it's YOUR way.

link   
You may be right , there is only one god and when ALL the religions of the world figure that out , we might be on the right track !!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Religions are like the fable of the blind men touching the elephant . One thought he was touching a wall , one thought he was touching a tree trunk , another thought he was touching a snake ! Same god different versions ???

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Since you want poeple to become Christians, and you believe in what you are doing, I have a few questions for you.

1. Who is Christian God? What are the qualities of that God?
2. Why do you think somebody should become Christian without reading the Bible. How would one know about Jesus without Bible?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by rick004

so true. people should act more like what they've seen in the cinema.

link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
Revelation 22:19 "And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book."

the bible used today has had 14 books removed from it..the apocrypha. so all those following the current book are doomed to eternal damnation, according to the "good book"

Correction, that statement is in reference to the Book of Revelation only. When John wrote that there was no such thing as the Bible.

link   

Sacred? Is that all the proof you have to your statement. And prove to me that there is only one god. In the book of genesis
1:26 Then God said, "Let US make man in OURimage, in OUR likeness,
and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air,

You are either in denial or happened to overlook this verse from the same book you preach from. Or does that verse mean something else?

Same argument over and over, so sick of it! Sacred place my rear end!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I actually think that the person that does that should be on a tribunal and should lose their job - it is a total breach of trust on the part of the carer. In fact, that actually makes me very angry

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Well, that depends upon your outlook doesn't it? To you there is only one god, to a billion in one country alone, there are many gods. What is your point?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
SPW184 had it right in another post ,
lets get all the religous people and put them all in one land mass and let em kill themselves off. Then all the people who just believe in Humanity can get on with the real work and sort the planet out without any nutjobs spouting drivel about Hell/God/ etc.

I would qualify this. In life, i have met many people with religious beliefs that do not push them onto those they work with or come across. Many religious people (whatever their religion of choice) are calm, quiet, friendly people.

I would therefore say that the land mass should instead be populated by fundamentalist zealots from each all religions

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

No, I am not attacking anything. I just want proof of what your statement topic of this thread!!! Everyone elsee has to back things up here. Why not you?
I HAVE read the bible, several versions of it, quite a few times. It's contradictory, the gods in it are vengeful and"jealous" as he states in the ten commandments.
My god is peaceful, ALL loving, and is truth. His rules apply to him also.
It's a proven fact that the bible is plagerised from ancient sumerian texts and several others. Please keep your ignorance to yourself, you really do not need to share it with others. And ALL the threads on here are for every member, not just your sacred self!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by SuzMc

You shouldn't put your head in the Religion, faith and theology forum. You guys are the attackers here. It's a sacred place.

Ok, that is kind of a fair point. However, it is the 'Religion, Faith and Theology forum'. It is not the 'Bible is correct and the only viable religion or belief forum'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join