It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I'm speaking for myself only , for me religion and spirituality are not the same . Religion is man made to control the masses , spirituality is finding your path and living a fulfilling life while trying to help others and treating them as You would like to be treated.......

Well at least you know the difference.

26 If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one’s religion is useless.
27 Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world. James 1:26-27

While I may be a Christian I do not follow any religion.
edit on 24-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2011 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Perfectly stated! Thank you

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
reply to post by boymonkey74

I actually think that the person that does that should be on a tribunal and should lose their job - it is a total breach of trust on the part of the carer. In fact, that actually makes me very angry

The only thing is imagine the # storm it would cause, I have thought about it long and hard and if this person does get fired (like they should do) we are gong to have a load of religious nutters outside our mental health ward saying its not fair, sigh
I dont know what to do

In fact this "nurse" has arranged a praying group where the clergy (christian) come around once a week and pray with the patients, I said in a ward meeting that it wasnt fair that only one type of religion is coming and I said I could get some buddist's around or some shintoists and this nurse said no there is only one god blah blah blah, My manager is a spineless worm and took her side.
edit on 24-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Admit, since there is only one God, there can only be one religion?? doesn't it sound logic? I don't know how the djeeziebeezies one can fight another one over religion? That is fighting your own brother.

There is a deep feeling of love and appreciation I have towards my spirituality. You guys have to become honest towards yourself. Spirituality is the only thing satisfying in life. We are happy.

Choose your own spirituality! Believe what you find in yourself. You can change!

Within lies what can make you religious without ever having read a word in the bible, but the bible is a very interesting book. Life offers the opportunity to become religious, to find yourself. Just say no.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

So how do you respond to the more Pagan beliefs then? (as in multiple gods) - they are the oldest religions going so why are they wrong? Trying to understand the viewpoints of committed Christians rather than argue the toss....

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yeah, i can understand that. I am glad that things are much more relaxed religion wise over here in blighty - we had generally had enough of the blood and toil by the reformation!

I have to admit that some of the die hard beliefs that i have encountered on travels around the USA (i haven't been for 10 years i admit) have scared the pants off me when i've thought about them later on. I genuinely believe that this isn't just limited to the US though.

Religious zealouts are all over. You just suffer badly because we figured 300 years or so ago that America was the best place for them!

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Iam not going to post here anymore cos there is no point trying to argue with any religious nutjob cos they have been brainwashed so much we will never change their mind.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Okay now you're talking about spirituality instead of christianity. When headline reads that "LIFE'S PURPOSE IS TO MAKE YOU A CHRISTIAN" Make up your mind.

I am NOT a christain so are you saying that all non-christians have no purpose in their life?
And you never gave me an answer to Gen 1:26?????????????????
Please let me know okay?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Dude Iam in blighty thats the scary thing about my situation

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That is worrying! We are pretty good with diversity and non forcing of religion over here generally. First job after Uni was teaching in Bradford - C of E school with 70% of kids from Muslim background. No religion forced either way, Imams from local mosques happy with kids going there as was a good school and promoted equality in religion - no one is better than anyone else.

Have to be honest and say i only lasted a year there though, it was a bit too happy for my bleak British mentality to handle!

I would still report them though as what they are doing is a breach of professional ethics

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Just noticed your in Yorkshire...me too
better not tell you where cos you could find out where my unit is
but its real close to bradford, inbetween Huddesfield and Halifax
lol

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by CaDreamer

Christian means spiritual person.

Christian means: Of Christ, if memory serves.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

So how do you respond to the more Pagan beliefs then? (as in multiple gods) - they are the oldest religions going so why are they wrong? Trying to understand the viewpoints of committed Christians rather than argue the toss....

I don't want argue about it, but here is my take on that. Since the beginning man has served and worshiped things that had no value. If you study what the Pagans were doing back then it would make since to you. It was nothing for them to cut down a tree and carve a image or make something out of gold or silver and say that it was god. The people were ignorant, they did not know that these things could not deliver them. Egypt is the best example.

Nevertheless we are told that God overlooked alot of the stupidity and allowed all nations to walk in there own ways but still had compassion by giving them rain and fruitful seasons with food. But now that God has made Himself known to the world He commands that all men everywhere repent.

I could go into more detail about this if you like. But if you have time read Acts 14:1-18 this will give you idea of what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Blah, blah, blah, . . . . Hey, buddy, do me and everyone else around here who chooses not to subscribe to your religion of choice a huge favor and keep your religions opinions to yourself. You want to believe in some book written by man, about some man who may or may not have actually lived, then go right ahead. But don't try and force your BS on the rest of us. You want to save someone, save yourself, the rest of us will be just fine.

Honestly, these types of posts should be banned because all they do is spread religion hate. You don't want to bring people closer to Jesus, you want to start an argument. An argument you can't win since your only response will be vague, out of contex bible quotes that fit your needs. There is no conversation here, there is no debate. It's you, and a few other bible-thumpers who'll champion your cause, attempting to defend your faith in god in the face of countless truths which oppose your beliefs. It's pointless.

I feel your pain. But please remember that sometimes, even convincing themselves requires mindless repetition. I think threads like this are kind of a meditation for them. And I meditate on them too. I read, giggle, think, then don't think, giggle again, then go back to thinking how fortunate I am to be capable of critical thought. Hope this helps withstand the storm...

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So tell me, what did people do before christianity?

I suppose all of their lives had no meaning or purpose?

BTW there is only one religion I believe in and that is the religion of Happiness.
edit on 24-10-2011 by Dionisius because: because i can

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

reply to post by ParaNormality

There is only one God who is allknowing.

true, but you shouldn't judge other's paths to god.....
We don't have to judge them. Jesus said "I am THE way, THE truth and THE life. No one comes to the Father except through me" He did not say he was A way, A truth; he did not say there are many ways to come to the father, only 1.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There are many religions and paths to take to spirituality. Christianity is but one. It is not one's purpose to become christian.

I agree with you.....here is an analogy ....God is like a huge mountain...and standing around the base of the mountain are people from every religion, race and creed on planet earth....holding hands....looking up at the same mountain.

There are many paths to heaven....it is the condition of one's soul and spirit.....how people treat themselves and others....that gets people into heaven or keeps them out.....this is what I believe.

When and If people get to heaven....they may be extremely surprised who is there and who isn't there.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Every day offers the opportunity to become spiritual. It begins already at very young age. We are spiritualy introduced to believe in Jesus. Life then on makes you a believe and makes you out your belief.

I mean that spirituality is offered in life. One doesn't have to read the bible to become a christian. If christianity only was possible reading the bible then it would had nothing to do with life. Jesus 'lives'. Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. Jesus you run across in your life.

Spiritualy you are formed in the life!!

The bible is a nice tool for study but what the bible tells you come across in your life.

Life's purpose is to make you christian.

Blow it out yer arse God boy.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You have disgraced your ancestors, and still disgrace your fellow man. You tell us to be honest with ourselves, when you are the one living the lie. Go and ride your dinosaurs with jesus, adam, eve and santa clause, because there are not enough resources for your kind here anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Night Star
There are many religions and paths to take to spirituality. Christianity is but one. It is not one's purpose to become christian.

I agree with you.....here is an analogy ....God is like a huge mountain...and standing around the base of the mountain are people from every religion, race and creed on planet earth....holding hands....looking up at the same mountain.

There are many paths to heaven....it is the condition of one's soul and spirit.....how people treat themselves and others....that gets people into heaven or keeps them out.....this is what I believe.

When and If people get to heaven....they may be extremely surprised who is there and who isn't there.

I really loved you post it I so wonderful.

About
Genesis 1:26-27: "And God said, `Let us make man in our likeness and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea....' And God created man in his own image in the image of God created he him, male and female he created them."
This always make me think that either it is ancient aliens making us and misstaken for god or god is a collective of enlightened souls with perfect communication.

I kinda think the meaning of life is to evolve. How you choose to evolve is your choice. But for me im going towards harmony, love, humble and going away from ego, fear, hate.

Sorry Op but im not taking the road thru Jesus but I don't think he mind much. If he is enlightened then he will not have an ego that makes him have to go by him. I kinda prefer Buddha I think. He is a god teacher also. Sorry muslims but I don't get Muhammed but that's probably my fault. I don't thinks it's a race to reach heaven first and probably not a race on what religon gets most people
. I hope I am going to heaven but only if I am ready for it so I don't destroy it with me being there.

I agree with the person that say: My god is peaceful, ALL loving, and is truth. His rules apply to him also. But he is also a teacher and his teaching can be nasty sometimes. But no pain no gain. God is also have a wicked sense of practical humor sometimes. I love you god but you can be a pain in the a** sometimes.

For the people that don't get my post or get upset about it. Ignore it. It is probably not meant for you. Namaste.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join