It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys and evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys today?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
We dont know enough to say there arent other sentient life forms we cant communicate with.We assume sentience requires technology and this is a mistake.I believe that primates were chosen for a practical reason that may have been a little more practical than their DNA,I dont think the particular primate DNA was that important.Possibly their bi-pedalism,or some other practical advantage when doing manual labor.

Manipulating the environment requires manual labor to be performed by SOMEONE.

We probably already scientifically know that clones will become alive and sentient but we wont let the public know.

If we have identified the genetic material that was put into us to modify us and isolated it THEN WE ALREADY KNOW HOW TO CREATE SENTIENT ANIMALS LIKE THE MINOTAUR.

As i said Avatar really is OLD HISTORY.

DISCLOSURE OF MANKINDS ORIGINS IS IMMINENT.

link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
A theory is just that, remember - a "theory".

It is not proven, it is not a scientific "law" - it is merely
someone's (Darwin I suppose) "opinion".

As long as there are monkeys, or any other animal for that matter,
still around, evolution will always be wrong.

Your understanding of scientific terminology is completely wrong.

You should better educate yourself. Cracking a dictionary would be sufficient.

link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
Usually, not always, but usually, people that say "it's just an old book" have never read the entire Bible. If they did, and then researched Biblical archeology, they would probably have an entirely different view of what is fact and what is fiction.

most athiests have read the entire bible and/or own one

If they have read it, and then did their physical research on it, there's not much way they could claim there is no proof, or that the Bible is "just an old book".

The proof is there - but most non believers seem to want to just toss the accusation around without even doing any research on the subject.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper

A theory is just that, remember - a "theory".

It is not proven, it is not a scientific "law" - it is merely
someone's (Darwin I suppose) "opinion".

As long as there are monkeys, or any other animal for that matter,
still around, evolution will always be wrong.

Your understanding of scientific terminology is completely wrong.

You should better educate yourself. Cracking a dictionary would be sufficient.

Evolution is not a "scientific theory" no matter how much you want it to be. For it to be "scientific theory", there would need to be "scientific" proof of evolution - but there isn't a shred.

What is with this last generation of humans that seem to have to have things explained "scientifically" - not everything can be explained in a "scientific" way.
And who made "Science" a deciding/determining factor in the entire 'truth or fiction' debate?

It is no wonder that the nwo is appearing to emerge after this last generation arrived - because there's no way in Hades that our generation would have accepted rolling over and playing 'sheep'.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
you have a good point but there are some historical inacuracies
1) The Genesis 1 creation account conflicts with the order of events that are known to science. Genesis 1:1 The earth is created before light and stars, birds and whales before reptiles and insects, and flowering plants before any animals. From science, we know that the true order of events was just the opposite.

2) “And God said, Let there be light” (Genesis 1:3) and “. . .And the evening and the morning were the first day” (Genesis 1 :5), versus “And God said, ‘Let there be light in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night....’ “And God made two lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also… And the evening and morning were the fourth day” (Genesis 1 :14-19). These violates two major facts. Light cannot exist without a sun, and secondly, how can morning be distinguished from evening unless there is a sun and moon? Christians try to claim that god is the light he is referring to yet, considering the context it is quite obvious that the light god is speaking of is the light emitted by the sun. Just another feeble attempt at trying to rationalize such a MAJOR blunder.

3) God spends one-sixth of his entire creative effort (the second day) working on a solid firmament (Genesis 1:6-8). This strange structure, which God calls heaven, is intended to separate the higher waters from the lower waters. This firmament, if it existed, would have been quite an obstacle to our space program.

4) Plants are made on the third day (Genesis 1:11) before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (Genesis 1:14-19).

5) “And God said, ‘Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind… ‘And the evening and the morning were the third day” (Genesis 1:11-13), versus “And God said, ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life… And God created - great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly… And the evening and the morning were the fifth day” (Genesis 1:20-23). Genesis says that life existed first on the land as plants and later the seas teemed with living creatures. Geological science can prove that the sea teemed with animals and vegetable life long before vegetation and life appeared on land.

6) “And God said, ‘Let the water bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven” (Genesis 1:20). Birds did not emerge from water.

7) "And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, the beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so. And God made…every thing that creepth upon the earth after his kind…" (Genesis 1:24-25). Science contends that reptiles were created long before mammals, not simultaneously. While reptiles existed in the Carboniferous Age, mammals did not appear until the close of the Reptilian Age.

8) “So God created man in his own image,...male and female created he them” (Genesis 1:27), and “the evening and the morning were the sixth day” (Genesis 1:31). If Adam was created on the 6th day, approximately 6,000 years ago (Bishop Usher’s calculations), then nobody lived before 4,000 B.C. Prehistoric men would be fictitious. By tracing the genealogy of Jesus back 77 generations to Adam, the third chapter of Luke also supports belief in a very young earth. If each man had lived approximately 100 years, then the world would be no more than 9,684 (7,700 + 1984) years old. If each of Jesus’ ancestors had lived to be 1,000 years old (an age not even reached by Methuselah), the earth would still be only 78,984 (77,000 + 1984) years old, according to creationists.

i can go on

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

And nowhere in the Bible does it talk about PI - although there is quite a bit of astronomy discussed.

.. really ?

1 Kings 7:23-26
Sure looks like geometry fail to me

diameter = 10
circumference = 30

Hint : Circumference = pi * diameter

You seriously do not see how they are saying pi = 3 ?

there is no evidence of what burnt them down. No .. just because we don't know and will never know does not mean you can say it fits your old books stories

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

my source is evilbible.com
p.s. there never were any jewish slaves the pyramids were built by egyptian contractors who were paid very well

as for the biblical stuff either it's all true or none of it is right?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

It is no wonder that the nwo is appearing to emerge after this last generation arrived - because there's no way in Hades that our generation would have accepted rolling over and playing 'sheep'.

That's right!
People used to have good sense before gaming, chat and ipods, etc..... became the MOST important things.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Your whole assumption is wrong. Today's apes and us humans had common ancestors...it's not as if we descended from apes as they are today.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Someone who argues against evolution is also arguing for their lack of intelligence.

Nothing you say or do will make them change the way they think, .. their beleif's are not grounded in reality or science.

Let them win and carry on with their lives.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

And nowhere in the Bible does it talk about PI - although there is quite a bit of astronomy discussed.

.. really ?

1 Kings 7:23-26
Sure looks like geometry fail to me

diameter = 10
circumference = 30

Hint : Circumference = pi * diameter

You seriously do not see how they are saying pi = 3 ?

there is no evidence of what burnt them down. No .. just because we don't know and will never know does not mean you can say it fits your old books stories

Evidence meaning Sodom and Gomorrah? Did you not watch the video - what burnt them down was exactly what the Bible says - fire and brimstone. They even tested the round "brimstone" and found it to be almost entirely sulfur.

PI isn't mentioned in the Bible - those are dimensions listed - perhaps mankind later termed those dimensions as "PI".

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
If we quit killing our primates long enough to study them in a public forum,we would likely learn how to modify them exactly as we were modified BY SIMPLY MAPPING THE GEONOME OF EACH PRIMATE BREED then comparing it to the human geonome and doing a little math.

Then isolate the genes that are different and add them to the primates and SEE WHAT WE GET .

We get my version my friends .

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

That's right!
People used to have good sense before gaming, chat and ipods, etc..... became the MOST important things.

True and even beyond all of the modern technology - the kids today really don't even have a chance - they are being taught to question everything, that they have a choice of "gods", they have a choice of "bibles", and that hell is just something the "Christians" made up to scare people into being good.

It's sad when you think about it - but their attitudes really blow me away - it's almost like I used to act as a teenager........ I knew everything and what I didn't know I faked it.

Evolution has been proven false ever since I can remember - but it seems this last generation is taking it as the gospel and then freaking out when we don't roll over and swallow it as truth like they are doing.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
We dont seeclones simply because like a cake when done right they ANIMATE AND BECOME SENTIENT WITHOUT EVER BEING "born".

Hello Dolly bye bye Imaginary god theories.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Your whole assumption is wrong. Today's apes and us humans had common ancestors...it's not as if we descended from apes as they are today.

My dog acts like he becomes really depressed when I leave the house - he almost acts like a human child that is watching their mommy leave -

Does this mean he is in the process of becoming a human?

lol sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

If they have read it, and then did their physical research on it, there's not much way they could claim there is no proof, or that the Bible is "just an old book".

physical research ?

1. Evolution is fact.
2. There was no flood.
3. The world is like 4.5 billion years older then the bible claims.

Want more ?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

the kids today really don't even have a chance - they are being taught to question everything, that they have a choice of "gods"

No, they are being taught NOT TO QUESTION the Big ifs about evolution, global warming, they are being taught Christianity is the ONLY enemy and communism is good.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by one4all

So then who "cut us loose" and "modified" us to start breeding that supposedly resulted in ape turning into man?

And how did "'evolution" know to stop at man - why are there no men with wings or gills or feathers?

Who was your science teacher?

Evolution did not stop with man. We are changing as a species. Our sense of hearing is getting worse from generation to generation, our sense of smell is getting worse too. Also, women are getting shorter!

Evolution takes time, several generations in most cases...so just because you look at 1-2 generations and don't see any change, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Why would we need wings, I don't know about you, but they'd be a bitch at the office.

So let me ask you, who was your science teacher? Your priest at church?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Since you know so much about adaptations and how they have "nothing" to do with evolution. Explain to me what a vestigial structure is? Or better yet explain why we still have a coccyx but not tail?

Adaptations are the basis of evolution. No one states that one thing magically turns into another, but does so by a gradual process, through successive generation that is natural selection.

Show me where Darwin said that one thing turns into another. And if your thinking about how a land animal could turn into a whale, there is plenty of science out there of the evolution of the modern whale. Below is a link to give you an idea of how the blowhole was formed.

pandasthumb.org...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

PI isn't mentioned in the Bible - those are dimensions listed - perhaps mankind later termed those dimensions as "PI".

The dimensions are IMPOSSIBLE !

Just like we know the Sun does not revolve Earth.
(Yes I am laughing atm)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join