It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys and evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys today?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Then luckly you will be in the majority who commit suicide. As your fantasys unravel and you come to understand reality without your beer goggles depression will set in and you will spiral down into self destructing behavior.

I know you would rather die then live in a world without your magical genie god.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wertdagf,you arent far from what I see happening,a reverse crusade if you will ,religous persecution OF ALL RELIGONS WORLDWIDE SIMULTANEOUSLY as people wake up.

Proof clones become sentient ought to do it,or a massive worldwide UFO flyby.

It is inevitable that we progress beyond religon and because religon seems to have a life of its own something will have to take that life away and it wont be easy.Personally I think the only way we will ever do it is if we do it ALL AT ONCE ,PROGRESS BEYOND RELIGON ALL AT ONE TIME.

Can you imagine if ALL RELIGONS JOINED FORCES HOW POWERFUL THEY WOULD BE?

Dont you wonder why even that hasnt happened?

Wait till they are threatened.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by MrXYZ

There is way more proof of God than evolution - that's for sure.

But you have to not be lazy and do some research - don't ask me to
sit here and type my fingers off giving you links and information -
the info is there for the reading.

As far as proof of evolution, I could probably offer that on this thread
in a quicker fashion - b/c there isn't any.

Seriously, the evidence/proof of God comes in sooo many ways, formats, stories, eyewitness accounts, etc.

Geography covers it, Science covers it, theology covers it...........

I'll grab just one story that might impress upon you -..... scientifically, so the experts say, a human brain cannot survive in a non functioning state for over 4-6 minutes without some type of either brain damage or death.

So how would we explain the people that have medically been proven to have "died" for longer - one in particular is of

Great way of admitting you can't provide any solid proof for God

Actually, I'm trying to convey that there is SO much info/proof of God, there isn't enough computer ink to type it all here.

Seriously, there is just too much "evidence" to lay it all out here - Science covers it, Medical covers it, History covers it, Geography covers it......... etc.

I'll just grab one area of it -

Medical doctors, and other medical personnel, and scientists, know that a human brain cannot function normally after 4 - 6 minutes of "death" - it just isn't medically possible, that has been proven.

Ok, explain Don Piper - who was witnessed by numerous paramedics, and others, to be clinically dead for a verified 90 minutes - and is alive today to tell his story.

Piper is but one of many persons that have had such experiences.

You can read his story HERE during an interview - but you can
also Google HIS NAME and read various interviews and other documentation
on this.

I fully believe these kinds of incidents are happening, and we are hearing about them, due to God allowing these things to happen - one of the signs that He has promised He would show people who might not otherwise believe.

Fyi, Don Piper is NOT an isolated incident - his story is one of probably hundreds - some are being allowed to see Heaven, others are being allowed to see hell.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

The link was a "Google" search result page - not my "creationist sites".

You are free to pick and choose which source you want to read - there's info covering both evolution and creationism.

www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v15/i1/flood.asp
I dont need to say why this is creationist bull#

www.grandcanyonflood.com...
The name of its parent site it ... fundamentalistbaptistchurch.org
(not even joking)

www.leaderu.com...
Writen by the Discovery Institute's Ray Bohlin, Ph.D.
en.wikipedia.org...

www.answersincreation.org/floodlist.htm
More Creationist Bull#

articles.sfgate.com...

here is the end quote

George Billingsley, a geologist with the U.S. Geological Survey, has been studying the Grand Canyon for 36 years and said scientists had never agreed about the exact age of the canyon, although most concur that the oldest formations are nearly 2 billion years old.

creationwiki.org/Grand_Canyon_was_carved_by_retreating_Flood_waters
BS

www.cbn.com...
More creation BS

www.talkorigins.org...
FINALY a good LINK ! Completely destroys your myth

You should read talk origins wonderful site

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Then luckly you will be in the majority who commit suicide. As your fantasys unravel and you come to understand reality without your beer goggles depression will set in and you will spiral down into self destructing behavior.

I know you would rather die then live in a world without your magical genie god.

Wrong again, my friend - I don't believe in suicide as a way "out" or as a way "in" either.

For someone who doesn't know me, you sure do have alot of impressions about me.

But sorry, you are wrong on everything, so far, that you are saying about me.

p.s. I hate beer, too.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Nophun, there are millions of "links" that we/mankind have created with our opinions - I can come up with a gazillion of them supporting creation, or evolution.

But the key is, which of them are *you* going to believe?

I choose to believe in God - you are free to choose ever how you want to - I'm just saying to be careful on what/who you are believing.

As time goes on, you'll have more "evidence" - just don't blow it off as "coincidence" when you do see it happening.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by nophun

Excuse me?
What does your old book say about the first living organisms on earth?????
NVM, here it is

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Clearskies]

Not the Theory of evolution genius.
Orgins of first life falls under biopoesis.

en.wikipedia.org...

Biopoesis
Noun
1. (chemistry),(biology) the formation of life from self-replicating, but not living molecules

Evolution deals with changes over time in LIVING things .. But your bible never told you that.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by nophun]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
A creator created all that is.

I have to agree with the creator of this thread that evolution of man is not how we came about and there are no scientific facts to prove that theory.

By the way the original OP has not logged in ATS since April 2005.

I do believe I can prove there was/is a creator.

If there is a man/woman capable of creating a human, a amoeba, or any other plant or animal then show me.

Go to Antarctica and get samples from Blood Falls. That goo is over 5 million years old. And if you search hard and long enough you may even find a pocket of primordial ooze to work with.

After you have collected your medium please create a mighty oak tree, or red wood tree. While you are at it create animals , fish and fowl.

Man can clone plants and animals from what has already been created.
Man cannot create. Man can duplicate. what has already been created.

It is my my opinion that science itself will prove there is/was a creator.

The mighty Oak tree is all the proof I need to believe in a creator. Man can duplicate the oak using parts of the oak itself but he cannot create the tree from any element available to man.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Sadly, right now the money is behind and world opinion seem to side with the communistic, totalitarian elite and they say evolution is a great way to keep the people down and without proper leadership.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Here's an entire website devoted to why Darwin was wrong -

You can blow it off as a "creationist" site if you wish - but the proof is
there - if you take the time to review it.

Link

And just an fyi, any website that debunks evolution is eh, probably going to BE a "creationist" site.

Some comedy quotes from your site that highlights the quality of their opinion:

If evolutionists are sincere in these claims of theirs, then according to those claims there should be no reason why this so-called evolution should not happen again. They could go, for instance, to the largest swamp in the world and expect to see a palace built there billions of years later. Let them sit by that swamp and see whether a human being to build palaces will emerge from the rocks, stones and mud there.

Yeah, instead of examining fossils, let them try to be eye witnesses of evolution. Nevermind that they say it takes billions of years, let them try living that long. Fossils and comparisons between human and monkey DNA isn't enough for us, we want a 1bil year movie recording.

Can chance teach a monkey to speak, to make compliments, to think, to build palaces, to found civilizations and nations, to build ships and discover continents, to set up laboratories or to perform experiments by investigating the cells that comprise them?

Um yeah...chance is like a teacher, like...wait for it...God. Evolutionists don't say there was anything that teached monkeys anything, they EVOLVED according to their surroundings and adapted to better survive. But obviously it sounds stupid if you write it in a way that treats "chance" like a teacher-type person instead.

The Theory of Evolution Is a Deception of Satan, and Satan's Deception Is Weak

Great, let's make a creationist statement...one that we cannot possibly prove. Prove me wrong and show me scientific proof for satan, comon', do it

I think it's always funny when creationists state that there is no proof for evolution (even though we have fossils, and the human race is still changing according to scientists...change = evolution...get it?), yet their alternative theory is based on a superhuman being for which we have not the slightest amount of proof. Nada, zip, nothing. No photos, no fossils, no old man with a beard coming down and stating he is God, not the slightest sign. Creationists criticize a lack of proof, yet their own theory is even worse...

link   

link   

the don piper deal is easily explainable because when we die our brains are still somewhat active as electric currents and whatnot fly through them.

as for what we see tunnel of light, angels, god, satan, bhudda whatever
it as all a an electrical neuron trip like a drug trip they are hallucinations!! nothing more and nothing else

also nophun don't you like my pount in the historical innacuracies on page 6?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

Sadly, right now the money is behind and world opinion seem to side with the communistic, totalitarian elite and they say evolution is a great way to keep the people down and without proper leadership.

aka satan - I totally agree.

As I said previously, the nwo are gonna love this last generation.

And that is sad.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

reply to post by nophun

Nophun, there are millions of "links" that we/mankind have created with our opinions - I can come up with a gazillion of them supporting creation, or evolution.

But the key is, which of them are *you* going to believe?

I choose to believe in God - you are free to choose ever how you want to - I'm just saying to be careful on what/who you are believing.

As time goes on, you'll have more "evidence" - just don't blow it off as "coincidence" when you do see it happening.

God is not science .. or fact, Evolution is .. I do not choose to believe in evolution .. it is fact.

I do not choose to believe the Earth is round .. science tells me it is round.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Tell you what though - since God obviously knew there would be "scoffers", He has told us that as the end days go by, He will be revealing more and more signs of His existence, and His return.

So you, and others, will have your "proof" soon enough - but I have a feeling that you will be there watching, seeing them, and still saying "But, but, but...evolution is true!!"

Don't be deceived, my friend - don't be deceived.

Oh yeah...the end times...you mean the date some fundamentalist Christians have been expecting for how long now? 2000 years and counting? Do you think I should start praying now...or do I have another 2000 years?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

the don piper deal is easily explainable because when we die our brains are still somewhat active as electric currents and whatnot fly through them.

as for what we see tunnel of light, angels, god, satan, bhudda whatever
it as all a an electrical neuron trip like a drug trip they are hallucinations!! nothing more and nothing else

also nophun don't you like my pount in the historical innacuracies on page 6?

That doesn't explain how a human brain can survive without ANY damage after being inactive for an hour and a half.

What Piper describes he saw while "dead" is unbelievable - very impressive - but I'm talking about the medical aspect of his brain being "dead" for that long. Medically, he defied the odds beyond all defiance. Him, and hundreds of others.

It has nothing to do with hallucinations - if that were true, then all of these people that have experienced this same thing wouldn't have such similar experiences - i.e. they all talk about colors - ones that cannot be explained because they say we/humans don't have words, or colors, to even describe them.

It's beyond explanation - it is supernatural which can only be explained as God at work.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

i disagree just because of these neuron trips not everyone sees them also. a human being can be trapped under ice and drown for two hours and still be be brought back by paramedics you half to realize though life is fragile human beings are also very difficult to kill

an evolutionary trait? i think so

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Tell you what though - since God obviously knew there would be "scoffers", He has told us that as the end days go by, He will be revealing more and more signs of His existence, and His return.

So you, and others, will have your "proof" soon enough - but I have a feeling that you will be there watching, seeing them, and still saying "But, but, but...evolution is true!!"

Don't be deceived, my friend - don't be deceived.

Oh yeah...the end times...you mean the date some fundamentalist Christians have been expecting for how long now? 2000 years and counting? Do you think I should start praying now...or do I have another 2000 years?

I don't mean to startle you, but your way of thinking is described in the Bible - so you are mentioned in the Bible - you're FAMOUS !!

lol I'm just messing with you - but the Bible does mention that in the last days people will be asking "Where is this God you speak of" - and basically ridiculing any proof of His existence, and return. The Bible refers to them as "scoffers". So He knew there would be this kind of mentality from people - and apparently it was important enough for Him to have it included in the Bible.

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. 5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: 6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: 7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

The ice insulates and preserves the brain. You didn't know that?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Um yeah...so you're using us to do something that took billions of years to evolve (an oak tree for example) from generation to generation in a single day, or a lifetime. That's a reasonable demand

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join