It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys and evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys today?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by nomorecruelty
reply to post by one4all

So then who "cut us loose" and "modified" us to start breeding that supposedly resulted in ape turning into man?

And how did "'evolution" know to stop at man - why are there no men with wings or gills or feathers?

Who was your science teacher?

Evolution did not stop with man. We are changing as a species. Our sense of hearing is getting worse from generation to generation, our sense of smell is getting worse too. Also, women are getting shorter!

Evolution takes time, several generations in most cases...so just because you look at 1-2 generations and don't see any change, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Why would we need wings, I don't know about you, but they'd be a bitch at the office.

So let me ask you, who was your science teacher? Your priest at church?

Women getting shorter is not "evolution" in the sense of a species changing into another species - it is a trait/characteristic within a species.

A woman's daughter may be shorter, or taller, than her mom - but that isn't to say that the daughter is going to evolve into another species.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Your whole assumption is wrong. Today's apes and us humans had common ancestors...it's not as if we descended from apes as they are today.

My dog acts like he becomes really depressed when I leave the house - he almost acts like a human child that is watching their mommy leave -

Does this mean he is in the process of becoming a human?

lol sorry I couldn't resist.

It's beyond me how you can ask such a question, that's just retarded. We are not the end of evolution. Not everything will become "human" just because you think we're the best end result. Guess what, there is no end result, it's been proven we're still evolving as a species too.

Dogs are an entirely different species, why would they become human? Horses are different too. Your dog looking sad when you leave has nothing to do with it, it's pure instinct. Dogs are pack animals, they're not meant to be alone and aren't really comfortable alone...it sees you as part of its pack, so yeah, that's why his instinct tells him to be upset.

So overall, pretty retarded question you asked there...but I'll give you a 5 out of 10 for being semi-funny.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

If they have read it, and then did their physical research on it, there's not much way they could claim there is no proof, or that the Bible is "just an old book".

physical research ?

1. Evolution is fact.
2. There was no flood.
3. The world is like 4.5 billion years older then the bible claims.

Want more ?

I have not seen any evidence that evolution is a fact.
There is plenty of evidence of a global flood.
Are you so full of vanity that you honestly feel entitled to know
everything that God has done or will do? God has let us know exactly what
He wants us to know, for now - but typical mankind always feels he is
entitled to know it all.

Guess what? Man doesn't know it all. And probably never will - but God
will be judge of what we do know - now and in the future.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

reply to post by one4all

So then who "cut us loose" and "modified" us to start breeding that supposedly resulted in ape turning into man?

And how did "'evolution" know to stop at man - why are there no men with wings or gills or feathers?

Who was your science teacher?

Evolution did not stop with man. We are changing as a species. Our sense of hearing is getting worse from generation to generation, our sense of smell is getting worse too. Also, women are getting shorter!

Evolution takes time, several generations in most cases...so just because you look at 1-2 generations and don't see any change, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Why would we need wings, I don't know about you, but they'd be a bitch at the office.

So let me ask you, who was your science teacher? Your priest at church?

Women getting shorter is not "evolution" in the sense of a species changing into another species - it is a trait/characteristic within a species.

A woman's daughter may be shorter, or taller, than her mom - but that isn't to say that the daughter is going to evolve into another species.

I don't think you get the concept of evolution at all. Getting shorter in itself is not the development into another species of course, but it is a STEP in that direction. Just like the development of thumbs, or how we progressively got taller compared to ancient Neanderthals. Before Neanderthals we didn't walk as upright as bone remains show.

Evolution is a step by step process. Of course if you just examine 1 step you can't talk about a new species (unless you wanna call short women something else than human). But come back in a million years and have a look at how we look then. You probably wouldn't call whatever we turn into "human" by today's standard.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

evolution, 'man from water on rocks and maybe a little lightning' IS NOT FACT.
where we came from is a BIG DEAL, not a guessing game.

If the Flood didn't happen, we wouldn't see DEEP, sedimentary deposits WORLDWIDE as with the white cliffs of dover, Ancient Tsunami hit New York, Sedimentary Strata in Rhodesia ,
but we do.
AmazingDiscoveries

The universality of the Flood is the one feature that is still often discarded by the modern scientific mind. The idea is often scoffed at that God would have destroyed the whole world, and that the life forms existing today are the descendants of the sea creatures that survived the catastrophe and land creatures that entered the ark. However, the Bible is not the only source that speaks about the worldwide Flood. Virtually every society on every continent has the story of a global deluge in its folklore.i
There is indeed evidence in the geological column that there was a universal flood covering of the earth—compelling evidence that cannot readily be ignored:
Massive fossil graveyards show evidence of plants and animals being washed into position.
Huge sedimentary deposits speak of large-scale coverage by water. Nearly 75% of the earth's exposed surface is covered with sedimentary rock deposits.
Vast coal and oil fields of the world are further evidence of a global catastrophe. No process occurring today can even remotely approach the magnitude of the flood necessary to account for such a vast scale of universal burial of plants and other organic material.
Chalk deposits of the world are universal. Chalk is formed from the skeletons of marine protozoa and algae, and can only settle out of relatively shallow water. In deep oceans, the calcium carbonate shells dissolve on the way down to the ocean floor. The chalk deposits are thus an indication of worldwide coverage of a relatively shallow sea. Chalk deposits of the same age are found in North America, Australia, Europe, Asia, and Africa, and all of these deposits are resting on the same type of glauconitic sandstone.ii For these factors to be so universal, the same conditions must have existed universally.

link   

If they have read it, and then did their physical research on it, there's not much way they could claim there is no proof, or that the Bible is "just an old book".

physical research ?

1. Evolution is fact.
2. There was no flood.
3. The world is like 4.5 billion years older then the bible claims.

Want more ?

entitled to know it all.

Loooool. So since you claim that evolution has no proof whatsoever, but in return claim God will be the judge, I'm sure you have proof for God...right? RIGHT?

And I'm not talking about proof like the bible...because the bible was written by man, and doesn't proof anything. The story of Santa Claus was written by man too, and we all know how true that story is.

link   

Your whole assumption is wrong. Today's apes and us humans had common ancestors...it's not as if we descended from apes as they are today.

My dog acts like he becomes really depressed when I leave the house - he almost acts like a human child that is watching their mommy leave -

Does this mean he is in the process of becoming a human?

lol sorry I couldn't resist.

It's beyond me how you can ask such a question, that's just retarded. We are not the end of evolution. Not everything will become "human" just because you think we're the best end result. Guess what, there is no end result, it's been proven we're still evolving as a species too.

Dogs are an entirely different species, why would they become human? Horses are different too. Your dog looking sad when you leave has nothing to do with it, it's pure instinct. Dogs are pack animals, they're not meant to be alone and aren't really comfortable alone...it sees you as part of its pack, so yeah, that's why his instinct tells him to be upset.

So overall, pretty retarded question you asked there...but I'll give you a 5 out of 10 for being semi-funny.

The entire OP is about monkeys and mankind - and both are different species.

That, alone, proves evolution is false.

Mankind as a species is "evolving" in the sense of brain intelligence but that isn't any sort of "evolvement" in the sense of "species evolving from one species to another" -

Bottom line, IF evolution were true, there would be NO monkeys here or there would be half baked ones lying around the earth.

As well, there probably wouldn't be almost 7 billion pretty much the same design of humans walking around the earth - did "evolution" get stuck in the "In Progress" mode?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

entitled to know it all.

This is just borderline crazy. Go research from somewhere other then your creationist sites .. Go check out a science page, talk to a real teacher, or read a non-creation book.

There is lots of proof of evolution, NONE for any god. (or global flood
)

I have nothing to add you are obviously to far gone.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

There is way more proof of God than evolution - that's for sure.

But you have to not be lazy and do some research - don't ask me to
sit here and type my fingers off giving you links and information -
the info is there for the reading.

As far as proof of evolution, I could probably offer that on this thread
in a quicker fashion - b/c there isn't any.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
We didnt evolve from monkies. Great apes and humans SHARED a common ancestor, some ancestor before the split of ways occurred.

That is the traditional theory of evolution.

Of course, Ets really played the biggest role in speeding up evolution, and the dna work done.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

entitled to know it all.

This is just borderline crazy. Go research from somewhere other then your creationist sites .. Go check out a science page, talk to a real teacher, or read a non-creation book.

There is lots of proof of evolution, NONE for any god. (or global flood
)

I have nothing to add you are obviously to far gone.

The link was a "Google" search result page - not my "creationist sites".

You are free to pick and choose which source you want to read - there's info covering both evolution and creationism.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Here's an entire website devoted to why Darwin was wrong -

You can blow it off as a "creationist" site if you wish - but the proof is
there - if you take the time to review it.

Link

And just an fyi, any website that debunks evolution is eh, probably going to BE a "creationist" site.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

Again, you are misinterpreting the theory of evolution. Those creationist sites all seem to talk about "we haven't evolved from monkeys" as if Darwin spoke of today's monkeys. We have COMMON ANCESTORS, and today's monkeys and humans evolved parallel as 2 separate species from that common ancestor.

We have fossil findings that show that development. That's more proof than any creationist bull# theory about "God created earth in 7 days and man...blahblahblah...talking snake".

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

There is way more proof of God than evolution - that's for sure.

But you have to not be lazy and do some research - don't ask me to
sit here and type my fingers off giving you links and information -
the info is there for the reading.

As far as proof of evolution, I could probably offer that on this thread
in a quicker fashion - b/c there isn't any.

Great way of admitting you can't provide any solid proof for God

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

This is a sign to all of you who do not see the coming apocolyspe.

People like nomorecruelty are real. There is no educating them.... The voices in their heads will soon change to murder, and death. Keep your loved ones safe and as far away from religous people as you can while they self-destruct. It is going to be a great and terrible day.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Tell you what though - since God obviously knew there would be "scoffers", He has told us that as the end days go by, He will be revealing more and more signs of His existence, and His return.

So you, and others, will have your "proof" soon enough - but I have a feeling that you will be there watching, seeing them, and still saying "But, but, but...evolution is true!!"

Don't be deceived, my friend - don't be deceived.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

This is a sign to all of you who do not see the coming apocolyspe.

People like nomorecruelty are real. There is no educating them.... The voices in their heads will soon change to murder, and death. Keep your loved ones safe and as far away from religous people as you can while they self-destruct. It is going to be a great and terrible day.

lol I don't even kill flies - I try to catch them to release them outdoors. Sorry to debunk your theory about me.

And just an fyi, I'm not "religious" - I'm a follower of God. Mankind is who is responsible for all of the "religions" in the world today.

Why does everyone want to toss God into the "religion" category?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Are you off your meds or something?
There was NO violence in this thread till you said that.
The ones you should be worried about are evolution-believing monkeys who want to make the world obey a communist dictator by force(or an iron sickle)

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
evolution, 'man from water on rocks and maybe a little lightning' IS NOT FACT.
where we came from is a BIG DEAL, not a guessing game.

Water or rocks and maybe some lightning ... IS NOT THE THEORY EVOLUTION.

Go back to school. I am sick of trying to explain the same crap over and over again.

99.85% of the worlds of scientists in earth and life sciences know evolution is fact.

But your old book disagrees .. get over it.

Your book is wrong or pretty much every scientist in the world is lying!

Your right we should all believe a retarded story that gets proved false time and time again.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nophun

Excuse me?
What does your old book say about the first living organisms on earth?????
NVM, here it is

[edit on 10-3-2010 by Clearskies]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join