It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we evolved from monkeys and evolution is true, then why are there still monkeys today?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by nomorecruelty

i disagree just because of these neuron trips not everyone sees them also. a human being can be trapped under ice and drown for two hours and still be be brought back by paramedics you half to realize though life is fragile human beings are also very difficult to kill

an evolutionary trait? i think so

That still doesn't explain how a brain can be "dead" for over an hour and a half, or even two hours, and not suffer any form of damage. It isn't medically possible for that to happen.

I'm only going on what the medical professionals have claimed - I am no doctor. I'm just a human peep like the rest of you.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

there have always been "scoffers" and lots of them

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

isn't medically possible? or is it?

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Proof of satan? Look no further than govt, abortions, homosexuality, bestiality, pre marital sex, drugs, crime.............

You think God strives for us to be that evil?

That "credit" goes to satan.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomorecruelty

the don piper deal is easily explainable because when we die our brains are still somewhat active as electric currents and whatnot fly through them.

as for what we see tunnel of light, angels, god, satan, bhudda whatever
it as all a an electrical neuron trip like a drug trip they are hallucinations!! nothing more and nothing else

also nophun don't you like my pount in the historical innacuracies on page 6?

That doesn't explain how a human brain can survive without ANY damage after being inactive for an hour and a half.

What Piper describes he saw while "dead" is unbelievable - very impressive - but I'm talking about the medical aspect of his brain being "dead" for that long. Medically, he defied the odds beyond all defiance. Him, and hundreds of others.

It has nothing to do with hallucinations - if that were true, then all of these people that have experienced this same thing wouldn't have such similar experiences - i.e. they all talk about colors - ones that cannot be explained because they say we/humans don't have words, or colors, to even describe them.

It's beyond explanation - it is supernatural which can only be explained as God at work.

All that proves is that there are some things we can't (yet) fully explain. It does NOT prove the existence of God. You can't just pull out the God card every time you don't understand something.

In ancient times people attributed fire to God(s) because they had no clue what it was. Now we fully understand how fire works, ergo we don't attribute it to God anymore. It's the same with things we don't understand yet. In 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years, etc we will be able to explain a lot of things we can't even begin to comprehend now. And guess what, if history repeats itself, none of those findings will be explained though God...because none of the things we couldn't explain in ancient times (fire, flying, lightning, etc.) are explained through God

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Unicorns have never existed, yet they are said to in Deuteronomy 33:17.

Fiery serpents have NEVER existed yet Numbers 21:6 claims they do and TO THIS DAY STILL inhabit certain cities.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

the don piper deal is easily explainable because when we die our brains are still somewhat active as electric currents and whatnot fly through them.

as for what we see tunnel of light, angels, god, satan, bhudda whatever
it as all a an electrical neuron trip like a drug trip they are hallucinations!! nothing more and nothing else

also nophun don't you like my pount in the historical innacuracies on page 6?

That doesn't explain how a human brain can survive without ANY damage after being inactive for an hour and a half.

What Piper describes he saw while "dead" is unbelievable - very impressive - but I'm talking about the medical aspect of his brain being "dead" for that long. Medically, he defied the odds beyond all defiance. Him, and hundreds of others.

It has nothing to do with hallucinations - if that were true, then all of these people that have experienced this same thing wouldn't have such similar experiences - i.e. they all talk about colors - ones that cannot be explained because they say we/humans don't have words, or colors, to even describe them.

It's beyond explanation - it is supernatural which can only be explained as God at work.

All that proves is that there are some things we can't (yet) fully explain. It does NOT prove the existence of God. You can't just pull out the God card every time you don't understand something.

In ancient times people attributed fire to God(s) because they had no clue what it was. Now we fully understand how fire works, ergo we don't attribute it to God anymore. It's the same with things we don't understand yet. In 10 years, 100 years, 1000 years, etc we will be able to explain a lot of things we can't even begin to comprehend now. And guess what, if history repeats itself, none of those findings will be explained though God...because none of the things we couldn't explain in ancient times (fire, flying, lightning, etc.) are explained through God

With all due respect, you are providing proof that mankind is getting too big for his britches.

Why does man think he must know "everything" there is to know ? We don't - and to think we should is only arrogance and pride - which ironically, is proving to be our downfall as a society.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
here some crazy bible jank as well explain this if you can plz

(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Fiery serpents have NEVER existed yet Numbers 21:6 claims they do and TO THIS DAY STILL inhabit certain cities.

The Bible also doesn't mention cats - but yet they exist - point being, "we" do not know "everything" there is to know that is in this world, or the rest of the universe.

Man is not the supreme being - God is. We are His creation. He has the knowledge and He allows us to learn what He wants us to.

Proof? This last generation has turned out to be a "Prove It" generation. Sigh.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I can shut off streetlights,so what?No one can even tell us why some of us do this,you should see me go into the lighting dept at the big hardware store in my city,there is a huge wall with light sensitive displays about thirty of them,I can sit in a chair and not move a muscle and they go nuts it freaks out the guys that work there ,I love it and I'm afraid I dont need an explanation because it is what it is.Why do some people keep living,MAYBE THEY JUST WANT TO BAD ENOUGH THAT THEY MAKE IT HAPPEN.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

Proof of satan? Look no further than govt, abortions, homosexuality, bestiality, pre marital sex, drugs, crime.............

You think God strives for us to be that evil?

That "credit" goes to satan.

I don't believe there's a God until I have proof. And so far there is no scientific proof of God.

You list some things that are bad like bestiality and crime, that in your opinion are bad. For the record, I don't consider homosexuality, pre marital sex, and light drugs such as beer and pot bad. But even with all the bad in this world, it still doesn't proof the existence of Satan or a God.

First of all, "good" and "bad" are subjective. What you consider good, might be bad for someone else, and vice versa. You base your opinion on a book written by HUMANS almost 2 millenia ago. We have no proof that what is in there reflects the opinion of a superbeing. You accept it as a fact, but you don't have proof.

The mere existence of subjective good or bad stuff isn't proof for anything. Just like the existence of air isn't proof for God.

And I want to KNOW stuff because the opposite of knowledge for me is ignorance. Why would you prefer being left in the dark compared to being educated and learning the true nature of things once that knowledge becomes available...and in the meantime, strive to uncover this knowledge. It's how humanity made progress and evolved, without the strive for knowledge, we'd still be burning witches and being surprised that "fire is hot".

[edit on 11-3-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

here some crazy bible jank as well explain this if you can plz

(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Jesus explains why he speaks in parables to confuse people so they will go to hell. Mark 4:11-12

lol ok that isn't why He does that - and the Bible explains why He speaks in parables.

He did that so that a person would need to be entirely sincere in seeking Him, not just looking to try to find contradictions or "errors".

The Bible also says that those that choose not to follow Him won't understand His words - the proof is in those that don't understand His words.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

The Bible also doesn't mention cats - but yet they exist - point being, "we" do not know "everything" there is to know that is in this world, or the rest of the universe.

you are completley missing my point where are the unicorns and firey serpents you are avoiding the question
i realize you may find it sacreligious to question god but how else can you defend your faith?

also why does jesus confuse people on purpose so they will go to hell? thats not very loving is it? would you trick your own child into running in front of a bus?

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I understand your views - and my only response is that, in time, we will all be witnessing more and more "signs" of God, and His existence, and return.

Perfect example is that we never used to hear about people experiencing "NDE" as they call them - I remember the first one - people laughed at her and called her 'crazy'. But now there are numerous accounts of this happening - and as time has went on, we are now hearing about people that have died and seen/visited hell - which I do think is God's way of letting us see/hear that there is such a place and that we need to take it seriously.

Again, each person must choose their own road, and ultimate eternal destiny. I'm choosing God and Heaven. I've seen my share of hell here on earth.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
There are many reasons monkeys didn't "evolve" with us.

Mainly, they decided to stay in the trees. The Great Apes decided to get on the ground and move to different areas. When you live in a forest, where most monkeys and apes live, you don't travel by walking, you travel by tree. Trees are like highways for animals. The higher the trees and the closer they are together allow easy traveling for almost all animals.

Let's say you are a monkey and you get to the end of the forest. There is a river to cross. A large cat is chasing you and you have no option but to make a break for it to the other group of trees 200 yards away. You decide to take the leap of faith and make an awkward swim across the forest. In this new forest, there are smaller trees and have the food only found on the ground. There are no big cats to chase you, thank god! You now are finding the ground is a much better place and your feet, which were evolved for gripping trees, should now be more flat so you can walk on your feet mainly and use your arms and hands to collect food.

Slowly since you are not living in the trees as much since your food is on the ground, you lose the use for your tail. You are still sleeping in trees but you have to come down every morning for food and to socialize with your friends, meet ladies and flirt while you hunt for your food.

Since there are no predators to eat you, you find more time to socialize. Your feet are slowly starting to become much more flat, since you are using your hands to carry your food and offspring.

Now maybe since life is easier, you are gaining weight and becoming larger over the generations. Maybe in this new forest there are very slow and stupid animal, like rodents, who allow the monkeys to grow at a much faster pace.

With the new animal to hunt, the monkeys get smarter and faster on their feet. Their feet are now almost completely flat, their tails are non existent. These monkey/apes are starting to learn to communicate better with hooting and howling, body language and facial expressions.

This is how i see evolution happening. Because a few monkeys crossed a lake and left their family behind. The family left behind stayed in a tough environment and had to stay in the trees because of a predator. In the new environment, the monkey becomes the predator and evolves.

This is how i see evolution working and if you find this interesting you should look at why the bonobos are different from the common chimpanzees. The Bonobos live across the most amazing river in Africa besides the Nile, the Congo river. The bonobos seem to live in a more favorable area and allowed them to evolve in a different way.

Map of Bonobos, south of the Zaire River

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

OMGosh, unicorn is a mistranslation, so is fiery serpent. Old English had problems with Hebrew and greek.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
“And God said, ‘Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind… ‘And the evening and the morning were the third day” (Genesis 1:11-13), versus “And God said, ‘Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life… And God created - great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly… And the evening and the morning were the fifth day” (Genesis 1:20-23). Genesis says that life existed first on the land as plants and later the seas teemed with living creatures. Geological science can prove that the sea teemed with animals and vegetable life long before vegetation and life appeared on land.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Maybe because there is only room for one (sentient) species like us on the planet.
Can you imagine several 'human' races? Hell, we dont even get along with each other.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by wayaboveitall]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

you are completley missing my point where are the unicorns and firey serpents you are avoiding the question
i realize you may find it sacreligious to question god but how else can you defend your faith?

also why does jesus confuse people on purpose so they will go to hell? thats not very loving is it? would you trick your own child into running in front of a bus?

As humans, we all question God, and the Bible - we are human and our human minds have a limited knowledge capacity - so I'm not saying it's wrong to question God as I, too, have a gazillion questions. My stance is that while curious about things, I also take things in faith since I realize that our minds, as humans, are limited to a certain level of knowledge.

I had a friend ask me why dinosaurs weren't mentioned in the Bible - as I told her, the word "dinosaur" isn't mentioned because that word had not been created then - but what we would deem as a "dinosaur" is mentioned in the Bible.

According to the scientists and other "experts" the dinosaurs became extinct due to the Ice Age. Other than that, I have no explanation as to what became of them - only that they no longer exists today, as far as anyone can prove that is.

Unicorns, if there are none today, might have suffered extinction over the centuries - if they were present during Biblical days, then I have no doubt they existed at one time.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a little off topic but none the less a good point

FACT: the world is at least 4.6 billion years old. The bible claims to be approximately 6,500. Christians try to argue this by saying the usage of the word “day” in genesis is actually a term for thousands of years in time. This rationalization, they believe can help evolution be accepted into the bible. In other words Christians are trying to say that the word “day” is not meant to be as a 24 hour period. This idea is COMPLETELY FALSE AND NOT PLAUSIBLE. All it takes is a little research into the meaning of the Hebrew word for day and the usage of it in consistency. Of course, it should be common knowledge that the first five books of the Old Testament were written in Hebrew. The Hebrew word for day used in the genesis is account is “yom”, which is a definite 24-hour period. Christians attempt to say that because there was no sun until the fourth day, that the word yom is null and void. This cant be, for the lord claimed there was light, a morning and an evening PRIOR to the sun being created, hence the sun was not even needed. (Also note another contradiction here, that Christians/Jews refuse to notice. They’ll claim the word yom is void because there is no sun, yet that would mean that there couldn’t have been light or a way to decipher between morning and evening. Obviously this is a MAJOR scientific blunder on Jehovah’s behalf.) Now this fact alone pretty much blows the # out of the bible, but let’s pretend to accept the word yom is really meant for eons of time, how then can we reconcile the following?:

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join